Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2008 4:56 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holland's rival eh? Renton left and no-one notices? You would think that the Gekko-go would sense that trap door had opened or something.
Nov 17, 2008 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
awesome. i think this means he will have his own adventures and he will age before they reunite...
Jun 10, 2009 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
The episode was packed with stuff. Wasn't Eureka's heartbeat increasing 'cause she likes Renton? D': Anyway, I still don't see what Holland is 'running away' from by being mean to Renton... But I'm looking forward to seeing Renton's own personal adventure now.
Jun 14, 2009 2:06 AM

Jan 2009
Man, I really wish Eureka would get back to her normal self. She has been sick for like 6 eps and it's starting to get old. Hopefully she'll be able to accept Renton's feelings and return to normal.

Jun 30, 2009 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
Oh wow, not quite the emo I was expecting. Instead of tears and whining, Renton gives us reflection and... eats a lot of potato chips, which is something some people DO when depressed.

This gets my seal of approval.
Apr 26, 2010 10:58 AM

Apr 2010
it's shame thet Renton left ,and yeah Eureka's increased heartbeat should be becouse of her feelings to him not anything connectead to the sickness
May 24, 2010 9:30 AM
Apr 2008
If Renton eats too many crisps he's not gonna be able to fit in the nirvash.... :P

Jul 25, 2010 12:08 PM
Jul 2010
Now thats what I call a true cool down, killing spree for the win! But I have the feeling that I get why Holland is being an asshole, when I look back and think about stuff I said and done I often want to walk up to myself and beat the crap out of that brat!
Maybe Holland just sees some similarities between himself and Renton, then again he could just be stressing out because of Eureka and letting it out on the little boy?
My dream is to retire in some warm, southern country as an cocaine farmer, with grey dreadlocks and play bongo drum all day long. With my friends.
Oct 5, 2010 5:47 AM
Jan 2008
poor poor renton if only he had kamina as a leader things would be different. Holland has serious anger issues. He beats kids and probably Talho, lies, and has a loli fetish. I hope they kill him off or at least fire him from being commander he doesn't even do anything.
batman3456Oct 5, 2010 6:05 AM
Nov 6, 2010 6:06 AM

Dec 2009
batman3456 said:
poor poor renton if only he had kamina as a leader things would be different. Holland has serious anger issues. He beats kids and probably Talho, lies, and has a loli fetish. I hope they kill him off or at least fire him from being commander he doesn't even do anything.
Agreed. This show depresses me.

I also kept thinking of Hedgehog's Dilemma.
Nov 29, 2010 8:17 PM

May 2009
Did anyone else notice that Renton's dream at the beginning of the episode was almost copied line-to-line from the end of episode 18 of NGE (the Bardiel episode)?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 1, 2010 11:37 AM

Mar 2009
Well mostly everyone did treat Renton like crap, but i wonder who the other couple was,
They obviously seem to know Holland.

Jan 28, 2011 8:30 AM

Dec 2009
I'm happy for Renton. Show them punks lil man!
Such junk...
Jun 5, 2011 6:41 AM

May 2011
This has to be one of my favorite episodes ever!!! I would have done the same thing that Renton did.. way to go Renton!..
Aug 22, 2011 4:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Holland is not much of a leader I have to say. Whatever Renton's faults, he is just 14 and has not been given a comprehensive explanation of all that is happening, starting with what Eureka is. Holland is seriously immature. Talho would be a better overall leader, leaving Holland in charge of just combat operations.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 21, 2011 3:57 AM

Aug 2010
RyanMortos said:
I'm happy for Renton. Show them punks lil man!
Jan 17, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
I can't blame Renton. He is an annoying kid, but he can't help that without some guidance. All the crew has been doing is hazing him, bossing him around or ignoring him. And that's when Holland isn't giving him shit. Sure he got the bonus of being with Eureka and piloting the Nirvash, but even that's gone now. Everyone has their limits.

Jan 23, 2012 2:10 PM
May 2009
Holland's immaturity is worse than Renton's. He should be way more mature, while Renton is a kid and tries to make up for his mistakes when he realizes he made some (like in previous episode where he goes to help Holland after he realizes he didn't understand anything about him and Eureka). Also Renton seems to be aware that he's just a kid who doesn't understand anything, but he still searches for excuses and stuff, so I guess he doesn't really understand it at this point.
Anyway, Holland jumped on conclusions just because he's pissed off at Renton in general. He's pissed off that Eureka changed because of Renton, and even wanted to let him pilot the Nirvash. Jealous, in a way, I guess? I'm not surprised Talho doesn't like how much Eureka means for Holland. Also, when Renton saved Holland in the previous episode he seemed to have some distance toward the situation, but I think it hit him as well, that he was saved by this little kid in Eureka's Nirvash.
Well, Renton acts like a kid in this episode, too. He's really wailing over himself - on one hand he admits that he's been killing the people all the time, but on other hand he searches for an excuse. But when Eureka says "But broken people can't be fixed" at his excuse, and then goes "No" when he wants to say he did all that (killing the people) because he loves her, he breaks. I can understand that, but still, searching for excuses... He should just accept the fact. He even wants others to comfort him, too. The fact he doesn't accept it but searches for excuses and comfort is highlighted as an immaturity of him, in contrast to Matthieu's comment that it's "everyday life" for them so they should behave normally.
Still, the talk between Renton and Eureka and the moment where he wants to tell her he does everything to protect her because he loves her is one of my favourite scenes in the anime. Even though it's kind of sad how Renton was unconsciously killing people - which is clearly wrong with his morals, even if he tries to justify it - because of love. :'c
Well, Renton's development feels only natural. Actually, I think his "coming of age" is one of the best things about this anime (even though for me everything is perfect...), and if I remember right, getting dissapointed by adults and wailing over himself and his mistakes will be over soon.

Also, Charles & Ray's introduction is the coolest thing ever.
Feb 28, 2012 8:54 AM

Mar 2011
This looks like it will change the story progress quite a bit. Interested to see how the next episode will play out.
Apr 6, 2012 10:15 AM

Apr 2009
Troubled and depressed people everywhere = fun. 5/5

Eureka goes dokidoki when Renton's nearby, she's clearly sick in some horrible way.

Obviously Renton can't face the situation right away, considering he barely any time seems to have passesd and he is without any support. He hasn't had time to process what's happened, and Renton's reaction to Eureka's comment about killing people is really good in this context. She has killed people, even taken part in a one-sided genocide, and that has forced her to either deal with it or break down. Considering she has had way more time to make her resolve about dealing with the fact people die when they are killed, her response is too much for Renton who hasn't been able to really come to terms with the situation.

But I'm not sure about her disgusted reaction when Reton leans towards her, at all. Well, she is different and weird, but I'm expecting some more compelling explanations later considering that's what ultimately made Renton lose the only reason to stay with Gekkostate and leave.

But really, Renton leaving is a really interesting development. This can go anywhere now.
Apr 24, 2012 9:55 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting episode: Renton goes through PTSD after discovering he's actually been killing people not smashing toys, Eureka demonstrates even more that she has feelings for him by going doki doki when he comes near, and two new characters are introduced.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 30, 2012 7:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pretty much sums up that Holland fails in terms of maturity. Hopefully Renton will mature faster on him own. Enough emoing from all the characters.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 29, 2012 8:50 PM

Apr 2011
"I guess I really jumped out of the ship"... lol

Well this will change a thing or two!
Jul 28, 2012 2:32 PM
Jan 2010
Did they just cut Eureka's hair?
THEY WILL BURN
Nov 20, 2012 12:16 PM

Sep 2010
Renton gets PTSD and jumps ship.

I like the two new characters so far I wonder what kind of connection that guy has with Holland?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 1, 2012 12:57 PM

Mar 2012
That new girl looks suspiciously similar to Eureka and Anemone.
Jan 6, 2013 11:38 AM
Mar 2012
Renton may be a little annoying sometimes, but Holland is way worse. He isn't a leader at all! He is very immature and always think that Renton is wrong. He never wants to consider Renton's feelings because he's jealous! He's jealous that Renton has made an effect on Eureka, someone who he holds dear. I've also noticed from watching these episodes so far, that he hates it when Renton gets the glory. Renton has done some pretty reckless things but he is 14 years old and when your 14 you don't really know what your doing. Trust me I know! Although, despite that he could've thanked Renton a few times for saving the Gekko's ass.

Holland is not a leader. It should be Talho! She understands Renton and everyone else more and she is more responsible than him. Maybe I'm getting a little to hateful, but they should kill Holland off! >:(
Mar 6, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
Such a good episode.
Will Renton and Eureka ever kiss.
When they do, it will be so great since they've been through so much.
Apr 10, 2013 7:38 AM
Apr 2012
I Blame the pink fire, smoke and explosions for Renton not realizing that there truly are people inside the KLF's! The poor dude probably just thought the pink explosions were beatiful and as such tried to cause as many as possible.

But in all seriousness, I wonder what effect this will have on the show. Renton leaving I mean. He might just end up back at the Gekko in 2 eps but I hope not.
Also I doubt that Eureka screamed ''No!'' out of rejection but rather that his movement and raising his tone was very sudden and combined with some shyness from Eureka it made her scream like that.
And I agree that the most immature member of Gekkostate is Holland and that Talho would make a much better leader. She doesn't only understand the others better but she also dares to openly admit things that she doesn't want to admit at all. Like Holland probably caring more about Eureka than her. She's got her feet firmly on the ground and with Gekko being up in the sky that's what the crew needs.
Jun 14, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2012
Well that was honestly the smartest thing Renton done in 21 episodes.

Jul 23, 2013 12:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
batman3456 said:
Holland has serious anger issues. He beats kids and probably Talho, lies, and has a loli fetish.

Loli fetish? o_o You mean Eureka? Because she definitely does not look like a loli at all. And anyways, he looked only maybe 5 or 6 years older than Eureka back when they were in the military, it's not his fault if Eureka doesn't age. But anyways, Holland is pretty immature...Talho was right to get mad at Holland. She should give him a good slap.

Renton is naive as well, that conversation with Matthieu...smh. Matthieu was right to tell Renton that he joined Gekko without knowing that they fought and killed others. And Eureka too, asking Renton, "You fought without knowing that [that there were people inside the mechs]." Then Renton tries to justify his actions of killing since it goes against his principles by saying that he did everything for Eureka. It would be touching under normal circumstances, but I find it sappy coming from Renton. I hope I can come to like Renton sooner or later otherwise this will be painful.
Sep 2, 2013 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
Man, Renton really needs to get his head out of the clouds. Of course there are people in those KLFs and they die when they explode. It took it this long to sink in? :[
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 7, 2013 7:09 AM

Sep 2012
hznu said:
awesome. i think this means he will have his own adventures and he will age before they reunite...

oh my if this is true, i look forward to the rest of this series knowing that Renton is mature.
Feb 2, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Seems like Talho is the only one who even gives a damn about Renton
My Candies:
Apr 22, 2014 4:29 AM

Oct 2008
I'm getting a bit frustrated. You wanna tell me that Renton had no clue that the other mechs had people piloting them as well? It didn't even cross his mind? Well, that explains why he destroyed them without showing anything resembling a human emotion so far and he even smiled with a pink explosion in the background, but I'm afraid this looks like a lame excuse to bring forth character development.
Edit: And wait... I just realized something... didn't Renton blow up a ship back in episode 9?
Yes! He did! Are you gonna tell me that he didn't know there were people on that ship too? You've gotta be kidding me!! What is this!?

Also Holland is such a terrible person. He keeps treating Renton badly for no good reason. Even after he saved his ass in the previous episode, he behaves like a 10 yr old.
HatulApr 22, 2014 9:29 AM
Jul 18, 2014 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
Talho.. seems to be the only one who care for Renton. I like her. <3
I hope Renton will mature through his journeys alone.. this is where the fun begins.
Renton ate instead of crying like a baby again.. that's one step forward. XD
Jul 21, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2013
When you put a grown man who acts like a 7-year old as the leader, shit happens. Lock him in the brig and make Talho the leader.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2012
Interesting development, I wonder what Renton will do next though.
Dec 7, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
What an episode moody as fuck. Man, it almost achieved to make me depressed. But it often hit home pretty hard. When I suffered a depression, it's odd but I had pretty much the same reaction as him. It's not because you are deeply hurt that the time stop, you still have to eat, drink, go to the toilet, wash, sleep, etc. But everything seem so tasteless. It's like everything become a big challenge to survive, while no one seem notice it. Of course, it really depend on everyone context. For exemple, my family and friends where really understandable of my situation and where helping me out of it. For Renton case, everyone thought that acting like there is nothing unusual was a terrible decision, making him feel even more worthless, like he's not worth their time.

Anyway, Eureka is being internally conflicted, mostly because of Holland childish behavior (seriously, that guy need to freaking grow up). Meanwhile, it's obvious that she's growing more fond to Renton, but being that much innocent (in an adorable way), she just can't understand what is the meaning of these emotions.

The new mercenary duo looks really fun, I already like them. They seem to have a great chemistry and mostly, they are really professional. I mean, look how easily they've taken out that cargo. They never seemed in difficulty, progressing smoothly toward their objective.

What will happen I guess is that Renton will join them for a few episodes. He will get attached to them, but at one point, they'll probably attack the Gekko-Go and he'll have to choose his side. That's the most predictable option, it will probably be something else.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 12, 2014 6:37 PM

Feb 2014
Part A was so deep , awh Eureka that was so mean. Holland has a rival interesting.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Apr 27, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
This episode potrays how naive Renton has been so far.
Jun 30, 2015 9:33 AM
Apr 2014
I don't think he didn't know there were people inside, he just never put much thought in it until he saw it with his eyes. I think that more than the corpse itself, the reaction was triggered by the wedding ring. Until now enemies were just emotionless entities, but now Renton has realized they have their own lives and loved ones.
Nov 16, 2015 3:34 PM

Oct 2015
It takes a special kind of idiot to not know you were killing people this whole time. I'm over Eureka the anime is named after her and she is such forgettable character. Hopefully we get a time lapse and Renton matures and fucks up Gekkostate.
Apr 14, 2016 5:38 AM

Apr 2016
lol i thought that Renton knows there are people in KLF whole time.i mean if you are not idiot u can understand because there should be someone to pilot it.Renton's leaving from Gekkostate will bring some excitement to story i think.
Jun 22, 2017 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
I don't blame Renton for leaving one bit, everyone treated him like shit because of Holland's stupidity.
Oct 11, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, no one even notices Renton leave. I'm not surprised he left.
Oct 12, 2017 1:44 PM
Mar 2017
Well there, let them come for you. Let's see if they realize how important Renton is. and not the "holland-mind as a child".
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jul 21, 2019 1:31 PM

Apr 2019
Based Matthieu, he went there and talked to Renton. Although he didn't help, he at least tried LMAO. The anime after dealing with the fact that Gekkostate is killing people, which should've been dealt earlier BTW, introduce the next people they have to kill. Interesting. Until the recent episodes the enemies have been heavily dehumanized.
Dec 11, 2019 3:57 PM

Nov 2016
More Evaness and Renton left.

I'm interested in the new character and not just because he's a fun dude.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 9, 2020 3:26 PM

Mar 2018
Everyone treats Renton like shit so I'm not surprised he left. He's better off without them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.