Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 1, 2019 11:01 AM

Apr 2019
Everyone kissing their corallians except for Renton, smh fam. The kids are so boring. I was going to say that the kids are there so Renton and Eureka don't pass their time learning more about their bodies, if you catch my drift :^). But Renton and Eureka are mad at each other for some reason. Dewey was really dumb when he was a kid, didn't he? I wonder what is happening with Eureka, I guess the same happened to Sakuya.
Feb 4, 2020 10:26 AM
Sep 2019
Iolo said:
I never understand why Renton and Eureka just fall out of sync like that. I know its stressful but its like they are blaming each other for the situation they are in.

That is really my only criticism so far. I mean, if Eureka and Renton are a typical existing couple, then yes, stressful situations cause couples to fight, stress cracks in the relationship etc. However the show makes a big deal out of showing how atypical Renton and Eureka are. They are special, they are able to do what everyone else isn't, to have humans and corellians join together in peace/harmony. Every time they "make up", they do it in a very mature and forthright away, each admitting their own shortcomings and recognizing each others differences and what they need to do to come together.

But then a few episodes later, its like all their past revelations are tempoarily thrown out the window. For me I really get the feeling that the "plot" needed some conflict, and so they have to shoe-horn it in. Despite the fact that it is out of character for the both of them. Sure 14yr olds can act out emotionally and in haste, but they have already established that Renton and Eureka aren't like that. They are hardly adults, but they have grown into very well definite characters at this point. When they blatantly act out of character and ignore all this development, you can really feel the "hand" of the writer coming in and manipulating them for plot/tension reasons. Suspension of disbelief and all that, but it does really take me out of it.

As for the episode as a whole, still very interesting. Dewey and Holland's relationship definitely thickens, they have some serious history there that goes beyond simple older/younger brother rivalry.

Is it just me, or does the "Japan/Earth" inside the Zone, not seem 100% real/accurate, ie. that they haven't actually been teleported to earth. You can see some sort of faint structure to the sky at the horizon (like there is something behind the sky) and some light shines through the clouds like it's perhaps and artificial/exernal light source. Some sort of underground recreation of a slice of old earth/japan? But the fact that the kids keep explicitly calling this out ("They are all above the sky!?!") leads me to believe it might be something else. Very interesting.

Domnic and Anemone relationship could be having some interesting developments. She obviously has issues, but he has a lot to atone for being a part of the "bad guys" for so long. If he is going for a redemption, "saving" Anemone might be one way of doing it. I can't help feeling empathetic towards her, she's plainly bad, but I get the vibe that she might be largely a victim of circumstance in this one. Flashback to having parents? Maybe her origin is not as closely linked to Eureka and Sakuya as we were lead to believe. I wonder if she might actually be a human child who was genetically modified/treated to become a sort of artificial corellian, using info from examining Eureka. It would explain why she is so heavily dependent on that medication, and how without it she seems to live in chronic pain/suffering.

Ultimately I"m not worried about Renton and Eureka's fighting/desynch. So far the show has established that as suddenly as they get them into trouble, they are just as quick to effortlessly smooth things over. So I don't expect it to last. Just to be a bit of an annoying time waste and artificial conflict.

Stepping out of Eureka Seven a bit, my only other Mecha comparison point is Evangelion. While obvious they have twice as many episodes to tell their story I really like how all the symbolism and such is unfolding. NGE felt a bit compressed and heavy handed comparatively. Eureka really seems to let it all breathe and I find it gel-ing a bit better with the overall story and character development. Very glad to be watching this show, and even if they can't neatly tie a bow on it in the end, I think the journey so far has been well worth it.
Dec 24, 2020 7:41 AM

Jul 2017
Eureka and Renton are great together but there is one thing I don't like about how the anime staff handled their relationship, are the random impulses of them having tension with each other to argue like that. They generally do everything in a mature manner and have grown organically due to the impact the other has had on them, but there are just random times when arguments happen when it really shouldn't out of nowhere. It felt just thrown in for the hell out it here. Also, still hate them kids, that is never changing and I will not stop complaining about those brats lol.
May 1, 2021 6:59 PM

Apr 2021
Agree with animejas, those kids are annoying! Like, why did they have to stowaway on the ship ;`/ Renton expecting Eureka to know all the answers, and then giving her a harsh attitude, is pretty annoying and a bit counter to their character and relationship development. That is definitely one of the most frustrating parts of this show, the inconsistencies in their character development/personality.... wack
Oct 26, 2021 5:51 AM

Mar 2016
F in the chat for Dominic's lips, oof imagine kissing Anemone only for her to bite your lips and bark at you. Double pain.

I'm still convinced that the entire Earth's surface has been covered by kilometres upon kilometres of thick scub corals, the ancient humans might have merely escaped this blanket of corals and made a settlement above the corals which became known as the world they live in right now. Renton and Eureka are merely re-discovering the original Earth which has been underneath their very feet all along...

That's what I'm certain of until I see that ring trapped in amber, literally the exact replica as Renton's. Is that just another right with an identical design to his or is that his right there? This has some sort of time travel theme to it as well...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.