Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2011 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Haruka in that cosplay bunny outfit was nice, and I like how it ends with cats and then a grandmother walking with a barking dog..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 14, 2011 3:56 AM
Jul 2011
I could barely make out what was happening in the end and the artstyle choice for the manga overall just didn't clash well imo. Kind of sad since some of the changes from the anime was a little bit more interesting.
Dec 22, 2011 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
I agree the Anime was more entertaining.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
I liked that they kissed on the ending. but the anime was way better
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 13, 2014 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
I felt like I would of really enjoyed this manga, if I knew what was going on.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Sep 29, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
He did it at last. :)
Oct 6, 2016 12:16 AM
Dec 2015
this is the most disappointing thread i have ever read. This manga is full of so many feelings and ideas and though it takes real work on the part of the reader i wish that more people did read flcl and would contribute to the conversation of sharing their thought n exactly what happened and what it all meant
Jul 7, 2020 9:02 PM

Mar 2020
Well, it's over.

Out of all the people who could have adapted FLCL, I feel that Hajime Ueda was the best choice. While I haven't read Qko-chan yet, his work seems to embody the surrealist sci-fi tone which defines FLCL. However, while I love FLCL as a series, there is certainly a lot left to be desired with this manga. For one, that ending was a complete asspull and seems to miss what the OVA was getting at. The sudden and unnecessary introduction of characters also went quite a long way in distracting from the story, and only made it harder to comprehend.

If there's something I can commend, it's how experimental this manga is. You can tell that at every fork in the road Ueda took the story in the craziest, most over-the-top direction. However, unlike the OVA, what happens in the manga is superficially absurd and doesn't appear to have any particular meaning. That being said, I can't really deride this manga to hard. While I would have gotten zero enjoyment from this if I wasn't already a fan of FLCL, it must have been incredibly difficult to adapt a series which was being produced alongside it. That's the equivalent to building a house without any blueprints.

More topics from this board

» can someone please explain FLCL to me??

berserkersoul - Jan 8, 2017

14 by Beardface69420 »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » FLCL Chapter 1 Discussion

Rasco - Oct 26, 2011

3 by Magmafrost »»
Sep 15, 2022 1:24 AM

» anime or manga?

s3xx3d - Sep 1, 2021

5 by Fishb0i »»
Nov 26, 2021 5:40 PM

Poll: » FLCL Chapter 13 Discussion

Rasco - Oct 26, 2011

2 by XeroBeat »»
Jul 7, 2020 8:08 PM

Poll: » FLCL Chapter 6 Discussion

Rasco - Oct 26, 2011

2 by XeroBeat »»
Jun 29, 2020 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.