Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2011 10:29 AM

Jun 2011
I've gotten a little confused as to what relationship the characters have to each other in the story. They live in the same house and refer to each other as brother and sister, but as far as i can tell they are not related by blood. What is their REAL relationship?????
Oct 24, 2011 12:14 PM

Jun 2008
They live in dorms.
Wanko was adopted by Momoyo's family and Yamato has a brother/sister kind of relationship with Momoyo, that's why.
And that's all.
Oct 25, 2011 9:33 AM

Jun 2011
Thanks!!
Nov 5, 2011 7:56 AM
Jan 2011
Araya is right, they do live in dorms, but, Wanko and Yamato are not the ones who live in the dormitory, the dormitory itself is coed and nearly all of Yamaoto's friends live there since in one episode they were seen in having breakfast together. Both Momoyo and Kazuko doesn't , they resides at Kawakami family's dojo, though they do occasionally drop by at the dorm to have breakfast, chat or bathe with the rest of the girls.

Momoyo and Kazuko are Yamato's long time childhood friends, Wanko became Yamato's friend later on ( during elementary school days) when he save her from being bullied, thus she becomes infatuate with him for doing so. Yukie and Christiane came in later on, as for the rest of the guys I guess they become among Yamato's friends during middle school and all of them developed into a kind of gang were everybody looks out for on another.
Nasty001Nov 5, 2011 8:07 AM
Nov 21, 2011 4:31 AM
Dec 2007
Nasty001 said:
Araya is right, they do live in dorms, but, Wanko and Yamato are not the ones who live in the dormitory, the dormitory itself is coed and nearly all of Yamaoto's friends live there since in one episode they were seen in having breakfast together. Both Momoyo and Kazuko doesn't , they resides at Kawakami family's dojo, though they do occasionally drop by at the dorm to have breakfast, chat or bathe with the rest of the girls.

Momoyo and Kazuko are Yamato's long time childhood friends, Wanko became Yamato's friend later on ( during elementary school days) when he save her from being bullied, thus she becomes infatuate with him for doing so. Yukie and Christiane came in later on, as for the rest of the guys I guess they become among Yamato's friends during middle school and all of them developed into a kind of gang were everybody looks out for on another.
Unless they really changed things around Gakuto, Yamato, Wanko and Kazama were the original gang in grade school with Moro joining around that time too. They recruited Momoyo as a bodyguard of sorts (with the compensation being Yamato becoming Momo's "little brother") and then after a particular event they start protecting Miyako too. Mayucchi and Chris join up in high school, much much later. Those nine are what's known as the "Kazama Family" which is why they sort of act like, well, family. Momo calls Yamato a "little brother" because of how they were first introduced though, since Yamato became her sworn brother back then.

This is all the game's prologue though, don't mind me if things are changed up in the adaptation.

Nov 21, 2011 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
By they I didn't mean Yamato and Wanko, I meant the same "they" 4Cecilia4 used in her sentence.
The second line is not connected to the first one.
Dec 19, 2011 3:10 PM
Dec 2010
4Cecilia4 said:
I've gotten a little confused as to what relationship the characters have to each other in the story. They live in the same house and refer to each other as brother and sister, but as far as i can tell they are not related by blood. What is their REAL relationship?????

In Japan, kids call their older (reliable) friends big Bros/Sis even hough they are not in blood relationship.
(The relationships in this anime were already explained by others, no point in repeating it).
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 10 Discussion

cleeezzz - Dec 4, 2011

46 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 14, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Flipside101 - Oct 30, 2011

60 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 14, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Rayyy - Dec 17, 2011

113 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 20, 2023 12:29 PM

Poll: » Who is the best girl in this anime?

TragicRomance - Dec 16, 2011

33 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 19, 2023 12:23 PM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 11 Discussion

are595 - Dec 11, 2011

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 19, 2023 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.