Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 27, 2013 1:13 PM
Mar 2013
Sir_Lexa said:
JohnGalt89 said:
Also, with Jouji Nakata facing off against Norio Wakamoto it was like a battle of the awesome voices. "Amen".

Amen indeed.

i totally agree with you both : Amen!
May 5, 2013 12:17 AM

Sep 2011
Mmm I started this anime to see what all the hype was about and so far I haven't been disappointed. I was never really a fan of anime that were 1 hour long(per episode), but I was kept entertained from beginning to end so that's a pretty good.

Anyways, enjoying it so far, hopefully it can keep it up! :)
May 6, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2013
animefan3 said:
Alucard good vampire, dang he badass and unstoppable, I like that! 4/5

I couldn't agree more. He's too OP. :D

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 24, 2013 7:25 AM

May 2013
Already the first episode beats the whole TV series. The art is so amazing, not to mention the animation, and the music has improved a whole lot as well. I like the new character art, especially the eyes look pretty cool to me. The fight between Alucard and Anderson was boss. I loved it. The only thing that I could possibly dislike is that if you watched the TV series first, it will feel rushed. The whole second episode was almost completely skipped. It was indeed unnecessary, but it feels kinda weird. Otherwise, amazing episode.
Jun 24, 2013 4:38 PM

Mar 2013
The first episode was awesome. Way better then the original series. The animation wasn't bad, and I loved the soundtrack when Alucard regenerated after Anderson decapitated him.

dat smile

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Jun 24, 2013 6:35 PM

Mar 2013
PrinceHeir said:
just rewatched this after funimation announced the BD and will have english voices as well as the returning cast.

it's been 2.5 years now since i last watched the series.

i also remember how the fight scenes are tons better than the original anime.

this is one of the very very few anime's were the english cast is on par if not arguably better than the japanese cast.

and wow the animation is godly, i just wished the voice is as clear as the special effects since the english dub tend to sound lower then suddenly louder out of nowhere.

there's a reason why Hellsing Ultimate is one of the best OVA's ever made.

it's like the jump from Fullmetal Metal Alchemist to Brotherhood.

the former is good, but the latter is much much better and more complete.

and wow it's been awhile since i last heard Crispin Freeman.

i remember his voice when i played Xenosaga Ep I-III last year.

good times :)

although i still wish Yasushi Ishii at least made contributions in this film.

he has one of the redeeming features of the original anime.

can't wait to get up to date in this series!!

Love Crispin Freeman. Any character he voices always ends up to be good.

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Aug 15, 2013 1:55 AM

Nov 2012
hmm I see.. it is just like hellsing 2002 but more amazing and more awesome and more crazy.. and more detail.. XD I love it so far.. XD
it is awesome.. damn new uniform for seras XD awesome..! XD
really hot XD

and she got some crazy dream in the beginning XD
Aug 21, 2013 3:47 PM

May 2013
Soooo much better than Hellsing so far :D I'm loving this OVA series <3
Sep 2, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2012
Not really liking the ost right now
Oct 25, 2013 4:09 AM

Jan 2013
Just finished watching Hellsing,so i decided to watch Hellsing Ultimate.
The first episode is almos the same as the first episodes of the Original anime.
The graphics are pretty good.They changed a few things comapared to the original anime,but i still the original part were there,and i think some changes make it better,showing us a differente version.
I still don't know if the whole anime will be different,or it will be all the same(a remake).Or it's only now the same as the original anime,so we will be presented to the anime.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 4, 2013 3:05 AM

Oct 2009
That was pretty awesome, pretty much the same as the series of this part but still pretty great. Also Seras is so much hotter here :3 But what was with that funny dream of hers? o.O
Nov 27, 2013 9:42 AM

Jun 2011
It was okay, good OST. Nothing really special yet, some scenes were cool however, like Alucard's resurrection.
dedvg said:
Sir_Lexa said:
JohnGalt89 said:
Also, with Jouji Nakata facing off against Norio Wakamoto it was like a battle of the awesome voices. "Amen".

Amen indeed.

i totally agree with you both : Amen!

+1 too, but I am not a Christian, so no "Amen". Dem voices.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 4, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2012
I knew it was going to be good but I did not expect it to be this good! I'm quite blown away by the different from the original series and these OVA's especially that Wakamoto Norio voiced Iscariot which automatically makes an anime way better than normal as his voice is just too damn epic for words! We'll this show sure has a lot more potential than first expected so let's see what this time Hellsing will offer!
Feb 9, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2012
That was pretty awesome. Cant wait to see more.
Mar 21, 2014 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
Finally decided to watch this,it's ben 2 years since i watched the series but the ova's look way better.

Mar 21, 2014 4:33 AM

Aug 2013
A bit too much of a mess. Seems like they were trying to squeeze in multiple episodes into one.
Nevertheless, I love the gore, albeit it's a bit over the top.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Apr 13, 2014 6:58 PM

Mar 2014
Mmm, I'm loving the quality of the animation. The pace seems like it's a bit quick, despite this being an hour long.
Anyway, Seras is already a much more likable character here than in the TV series. Really excited for episode 2.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 9, 2014 12:29 AM

Sep 2013
oooookay, this was nothing special, considering how much i liked the tv version

so far it seems like they dumbed down all the characters (they seem to have no personality tbh, specially sera, they cut a big chunk of the development she showed in the tv series)

also i miss the really cool ost from the tv version, and it seems they got rid of fargason, meh

and for some reason in the tv series just had a bigger feeling of coolness to it, it also felt more serious bussiness in general, but oh well

will keep watching anyways
militrixJul 9, 2014 12:33 AM

Jul 26, 2014 3:46 AM

Aug 2013
Holy crap THAT WAS AWESOME! O____O Why...why didn't I watch this sooner?!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 22, 2014 8:38 PM

Sep 2013
So if only virgins can become vampires then that means Alucard was a virgin when he became a vampire! lololololol
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 14, 2014 4:09 AM

Jul 2008
The story and pacing was a bit jarring compared to the original series, not a fan of that. But otherwise this is what I always imagined an uncut version of Hellsing to be. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Oct 12, 2014 12:20 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, the dub actually uses British English in an England setting?! That's great attention to detail. Except Alucard uses American English, which is kind of weird...

The animation quality is nice for a 2006 show, but felt like everything was moving rather quick. I mean, Seras changed into a vampire and then literally was dumped into the line of action without any training or explanations whatsoever.
Oct 15, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2012
I dropped the manga and couldn't even watch the first episode of the original tv series.
So I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this ova.
Nov 2, 2014 3:09 PM
Nov 2014
what is the name of the soundtrack that plays at 42 minutes?
Nov 2, 2014 8:51 PM
Jun 2013
wait wait wait wait....you have to be a virgin to be a vampire? If this is true I better not see tons of vampires or els I call bull. I was waiting for the last ova to come in and I just jumped in after finishing the first series. Im glad to see the cast is back since they did a great job last time. I was surprised to see seras outfit had pants on and happy to see her boobs are still well big.ummm this episode was alot more rapey. I kinda like how the shooting of seras was handled a little more in the first anime since it sounded like alucard gave her more of a choice instead of outright shooting her.

This show sure does move at a break neck pace and I kinda miss seras blue outfit. This is big visual step up from the first show. The animation was great and so was all the violence. Also it seems everyones personality from the first anime is still here. I do enjoy that alucard and seras thing is basically like teacher and student. No uncessary love stuff here. I also liked the fact integra fought a tiny bit. Yea she still came off as a no nonsense badass in the first anime run but here she actually pulled out a weapon. I also enjoyed the comedy bits.
souledge94Nov 2, 2014 8:56 PM
Nov 15, 2014 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty neat episode...
of course Alucard looks to be the most promising among all the cast introduced till now.
the animation quality was a bit of a downer but as the OVAs were released over a long period of time I've got hope that it will improve.
plot was ok, though it's only setting up the stage for what's to come, at least that's how it should be, or I'll be baffled at its popularity. loved the random Amen that guy was shouting and I think choosing the two factions of Christianity as rivals was a smart choice.
Nov 17, 2014 7:24 AM
Jul 2014
I started watching this yesterday before midnight and I'm loving it so far. This series is awesome!

P.S. - I have never watched the anime.
Nov 28, 2014 6:58 AM

Oct 2014
Damn so fast-paced
Dec 10, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh, if i knew this was an alternative version to the original hellsing i wouldn't have wasted my time with the original, but still had a few complaints about this.

I have to admit i prefer the art style of the original to this, the character designs are too slim and shallow and look dated, there was also several scenes of contorted poses by characters which made them look silly. I felt it's trying too hard to present the characters as dark but with a rating of 8.70, hopefully it gets better.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 14, 2014 2:59 AM

Oct 2014
Holy. Fuck. That. Was. Badass.

I'm already hooked on this OVA series just based how it cool this first episode was. Alucard is insane and creepy, but awesome all the same, Anderson just fucking creepy and Seras is a babe. The animation was also breathtaking at points, usually when showing detail in the action scenes.

I usually prefer 25 min episodes over 50 min in anime, but considering it was 50 minutes of this epicness I didn't mind the length one bit. Plus it also allowed for better pacing and detail, which I assume will continue throughout the ten installments.

I haven't seen the original Hellsing anime, but if its anything like this I'll be sure to watch it, and I can't wait to watch the rest of THIS series. Already getting a 10/10 from me.
Dec 24, 2014 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
Some things have changed... It got through so much so quickly in one episode, which took the original a few to do.

The animation/quality/artstyle will take time to get used to, but I like it.

The Outro? Loving it already.
Dec 31, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
The gun animation was beautiful, I just realized it was 50 min long after I finished watching. Time just flew

Feb 5, 2015 6:57 AM
Jul 2014
Cool. The length works for it!
Feb 8, 2015 6:38 AM
Jan 2012
Oh, this is so much better than the TV show. Both in animation and pacing. Nice!
Xynic said:
So if only virgins can become vampires then that means Alucard was a virgin when he became a vampire! lololololol
Hehehe a virgin guy is so funny right? xDD
Mar 20, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
Wow didn't expect the pacing to be THAT fast. How many episodes from the TV series were this, 3 or 4? Animation was good as always as expected from Madhouse. Seras is much more interesting in this so far, this'll be a fun ride :)
May 9, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 2014
I really enjoyed this episode. It has nice animation and an interesting story, I look forward to seeing what the rest has to offer!
Jun 2, 2015 10:12 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Really nice first Episode.
I really like the OVA but I think I still like the regular show a tiny bit more.
Here you have tons more of blood (LOVE THAT *_*) but there is a bit more comedy in some scenes.
And even if is not that much, the TV show is more serious and has all the way through this dark feeling that I like so much *-*

Oct 11, 2015 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
I found it good. Very very beautiful considering it's from 2006, awesome OST's and awesome action. The only thing I didn't like (at all) was the plot, because plotwise it wasn't interesting for me.
Feb 17, 2016 8:03 PM

Nov 2010
That was indeed enjoyable.
Just waiting to see what happens next.
Mar 17, 2016 6:34 PM

Jan 2016
Good start, but damn 50 min for an episode! that's a bit too long.
Jun 18, 2016 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
One of the best shows ever released.
Jul 9, 2016 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
Shit this is my 3rd time rewatching this. I actually stop at Episode VIII because Funimation took awhile to bring IX and X.

But now i'm determine to finish it this time around!

Good stuff!!! The animation despite being 10 years old still holds up to this day!

I'll just quote my comment 4 freaking years ago!!!

SomaHeir said:
just rewatched this after funimation announced the BD and will have english voices as well as the returning cast.

this is one of the very very few anime's were the english cast is on par if not arguably better than the japanese cast.

and wow the animation is godly, i just wished the voice is as clear as the special effects since the english dub tend to sound lower then suddenly louder out of nowhere.

Jul 21, 2016 7:07 PM
Feb 2016
SomaHeir said:
Shit this is my 3rd time rewatching this. I actually stop at Episode VIII because Funimation took awhile to bring IX and X.

Good stuff!!! The animation despite being 10 years old still holds up to this day!

SomaHeir said:

Did you watch this dub or sub? I canr seem to get into it because it seems like such a time sink
Jul 31, 2016 12:46 PM

Dec 2012
Duuuuuuude.

Dare I say that was a hell of a first episode? Nothing but nonstop adrenaline and blood boiling excitement. I've heard Alucard's name mentioned among the many legends in anime and so far I'm not disappointed. Only thing I didn't like was the comedy. Too poorly timed and sometimes the angst can get comedic in and of itself. Otherwise beyond a solid start even if it was lightning fast.
Aug 6, 2016 1:11 AM

Jul 2009
Huiiboy said:
SomaHeir said:

Did you watch this dub or sub? I canr seem to get into it because it seems like such a time sink

Right now dub. Probably the only series I waited till the dub was finished. Both are amazing, but there's something about the dub that fits the anime.

Yes there's a lot of time you need to watch, but very worth it. Just watched one episode a week and you'll be surprised how quickly it ends :)
Aug 26, 2016 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Damn that was good.
Loved the artwork, still very fresh and cool.
The pace of the story may be a bit fast but I'm liking it anyway, it's awesome.
Alucard is fucking badass.
Excited to see how the plot is gonna unfold *.*
Aug 26, 2016 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
This was a badass start. Didn't expect Alucard to get destroyed in the first episode.

Really liking the art in this series.
Sep 22, 2016 12:17 PM

Aug 2016
What a great start, everything was just BA i hope it's going to be consistant.

The ED gave me chills.
Sep 29, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
Better visuals! More OTT action!

I hope they aren't trying to turn this into comedy. Anderson's engrish scene was spectacular, it had to be replayed multiple times and Seras' random art change was random but I would prefer it to be serious.

I'm getting the feeling this is going to be alot darker and have plot compared to the original... that's if the comedy-like scenes are one offs.
Oct 9, 2016 11:08 PM

Apr 2015
Great first episode. The fight scenes look amazing, and I'm excited to see where this Catholic vs. Hellsing war goes.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.