Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth 2
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2011 3:25 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Indeed, those spirits from Chizeta are unpleasant to the eye. This far I like the people from Autozam the most, even though I still don't fully understand what's going on.
Dec 13, 2013 7:26 PM

Jan 2010
My avatar etc

But yeah, forget it, I'm just gonna enjoy this show as is. No point in over thinking it.
Apr 26, 2015 7:58 AM

Feb 2014
Dancing genies and MEGA SANG YUNG!!!!! hahaha

Hmm very problematic now that the magic knights ate all separated.

But eww pervy genies that grab the rune-gods from behind and wrap their arms and legs around them...gross
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2016 6:03 AM

Apr 2011
Those Djinn are super creepy, w/ their deep laugh every time they attack... I'm w/ Umi every time she shouted at them to stop laughing and holding hands and then grabbed them from behind... so creepy!
Meanwhile, I really like Sang Yung and Aska, they're so cute! And Nova is so gross, so creepy, she's Hikaru? Clone theory proven.
[Also, "a feeling that Hikaru hasn't realized but it's different from how she feels about her friends"? Crush on Lantis confirmed!]
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 3, 2017 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
Meh.

We're getting plot-related developments every episode, but once the novelty of this season wears off (as it seems to be for me right now) it's not as interesting as the last season. The sense of tension in relation to mystery elements isn't carried as well; the girls don't feel like they're growing anymore; and although everything that happens is significant in a sense, at the same time this feels like it's going to take forever to get anywhere meaningful.

It's not bad by any means, but I'm starting to lose interest.
Jan 9, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2018
So the powers of Chizeta are having stands from Jojo? They even do poses! hahaa
I really like these Djinn lol
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 4, 2019 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
I'm enjoying the story of this season quite abit, I like the introduction of all these extra characters. BUT I have to say I'm so bored of the dark lifeless art, I know it's story related but Cephiro is so damn boring right now. All scenes outside are just brown rocks and black skies, the majority of what this season has been so far. It's just so dreary and plain. The castle is also very plain and empty with no personality. I'm guessing here but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the budget of this season was very stretched.

The obvious reveal of who is the pillar needs to happen very soon, the show is just dancing around it and the plot is barely moving as a result. I just want the pillar stuff to happen so we can get on with it...

Magic Knight Rayearth has definitely been a weird watch for me, I'm able to just marathon episode after episode with little issue when I try. But I'm never in desperation to see what happens next either.

A good show but man I feel it could be alot better as well.
Nov 9, 2020 4:43 AM
Jul 2009
Did anyone else say "Ninja art: super beast scroll!" when Aska made that giant Sang Yung? She literally drew it on a scroll and then did hand motions to bring it to life! Also, those other girls basically have JoJo stands so this reminded me of a few different shows lol Good episode! This second season was kind of underwhelming at first but the plot, it thickens!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jul 4, 2022 4:56 AM

Jan 2020
Fighting djinn is a cool concept, especially considering this is an older series. Seeing as there are already some other giant robots they are fighting, it's nice to see some variety.

Though, I'm not sure why Hikaru not having her sword keeps her from summoning Rayearth. She should still be able to use her magic, I would think?

What the fuck did Aska just summon? A giant Sang Yung? But why though? Oh man... I hate it. ಠ_ಠ

At this point, this anime might be getting a little out of hand.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 11, 2023 7:41 PM

Jul 2021
The knights fought fren and two stands in this episode. (Not surprising since CLAMP are Jojo fans)
Sep 13, 2023 3:40 PM
Dec 2017
Didn't feel quite this silly in the manga lol! Gotta say Umi is my favourite, look at that variety in her expressions, confusion disgust fear anger! I get Fuu is the withdrawn strange girl, but they don't do much with it, I'm not even buying those wings on her headdress. So yeah silly episode and I enjoyed every bit of it!
Feb 21, 6:10 PM

Oct 2021
They got separated.. great opportunity to let us know the reasons why the other nations are attacking Cephiro.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 5 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 16, 2011

11 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 4 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

8 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 3 Discussion

10 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 2 Discussion

10 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 1 Discussion

9 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
7 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.