Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2008 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Is there some sort of connection between Eureka and Anemone? This episode left me lost...
Oct 10, 2008 6:28 AM

Nov 2007
of course there is!
right now i'm pissed that i know a bit of eureka from the mal character page. why must it start with unanounced spoilers?
Nov 15, 2008 8:39 PM

Jun 2008
i bet going in that sphere cloud made eureka + renton + anenmone get some kind of brain link but it's stronger with renton + eureka since they were closer together

something like that. yeah.

nice episode haha
Jan 23, 2009 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was somehow creepy... especially if you are sitting in a dark room...
Jun 10, 2009 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
Kinda trippy ep. I wonder what's wrong with Anemone and what her connection with Eureka is. So many questions and not enough answers!

Jul 27, 2009 11:19 PM

May 2008
aero said:
Is there some sort of connection between Eureka and Anemone? This episode left me lost...

Is that a rhetorical question? Of course there's a connection, whatever it is we probly won't know for a very long time. Look forward to more, tough times for the Gekko gang.
Aug 28, 2009 5:05 PM

Jun 2009
I really did like the completely unnecessary sex Moondoggie had with... what's-her-name.
:)

Other than that, yeah, this episode only served to give rise to new questions or strengthen older ones.
Nov 14, 2009 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
niedude said:
I really did like the completely unnecessary sex Moondoggie had with... what's-her-name.

yup, me too. )
koyaanisquatsiNov 14, 2009 6:13 PM
Jun 14, 2010 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
anyone else pick up on the fact that the mine they visited was named FAC51 and Holland referred to it as the Hacienda in the previous episode? This is significant because Factory Records, the recording company of New Order (They recorded the dance hit "Blue Monday" which is also the title of the first episode), used to use the notation FACXX when referring to their albums and other properties. FAC51 was the Hacienda, which was a night club in Manchester England. Pretty cool little reference right?
Jul 2, 2010 9:33 PM

Sep 2009
I forgot how psychological this was...I like it.
Oct 23, 2010 1:31 AM

Mar 2009
I am curious about the connection between Eureka & Anemone, things just seem too weird between the two.

Dec 15, 2010 4:04 PM

May 2010
yup yup, I think i understand here.
anemone and eureka are vampires, and renton is a robot.
Aug 20, 2011 1:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I3ebopcola said:
anyone else pick up on the fact that the mine they visited was named FAC51 and Holland referred to it as the Hacienda in the previous episode? This is significant because Factory Records, the recording company of New Order (They recorded the dance hit "Blue Monday" which is also the title of the first episode), used to use the notation FACXX when referring to their albums and other properties. FAC51 was the Hacienda, which was a night club in Manchester England. Pretty cool little reference right?

Ha ha, wonderful reference. Great pickup.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 19, 2011 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
koyaanisquatsi said:
niedude said:

yup, me too. )
Jan 10, 2012 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
I'm guessing that Eureka and Anemone are sisters, a military experiment or both. It's no coincidence that they both have those creepy eyes, have some sort of mental connection and both happen to be young girls who are/were part of the military and who are the best pilots of the two LFO's that look to be 'alive'.
Jan 10, 2012 10:28 AM

Aug 2008
Marzan said:
I3ebopcola said:

Ha ha, wonderful reference. Great pickup.

Indeed. Totally passed over my head.

Poor Renton, he got to watch some sex and then the mine made him starting tripping balls. I guess that was the show's less than discrete way of pointing out the connection between the two girls.

Feb 9, 2012 9:22 PM
Jan 2012
Maybe Eureka and Anemone are cybors or something like that.
Good episode.
Apr 6, 2012 4:20 AM

Apr 2009
The use of stream of consciousness narrative was better here than with that toilet dream, but I still only guess what these dreams are all about. Much of it seems to be linked exposure to trapar waves in the zone, though Eureka and Anemoe probably had a mental link even before that happened.

Good job, Moondoggie :D love how romance is such a natural part of character interactions here, just like the way it should be
Apr 18, 2012 10:06 PM

Jan 2011
Moondoggie and Gidget just seized the opportunity (and I love the reference back to mid-sixties surf culture with those two characters). Of course when Renton saw them, it might just have kickstarted his thinking towards what his ultimate goal with Eureka is (and it's not taking over from her as pilot of the Nirvash....).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 26, 2012 3:54 PM

Mar 2012
When Renton spoke to Eureka at the start I was cringing for him but his apology was pretty good.

Anemone annoys me, her character better play out in a good way!
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jul 28, 2012 12:34 PM
Jan 2010
Casperkid said:
yup yup, I think i understand here.
anemone and eureka are vampires, and renton is a robot.

totally
Nov 18, 2012 2:52 PM

Sep 2010
More mindfuck just like NGE.

They made him carry everything back at the end. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 3, 2013 8:05 PM

Aug 2012
good episode :) but i found it weird that renton just ate some guys food like what if it was poisoned...
Mar 6, 2013 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
Hmmm, it's hard to tell how good this wil be.
Apr 9, 2013 4:34 PM
Apr 2012
No one realized that Renton entering that building was already a dream?
And Mischa said that that cave was the place where they dug out the LFO's and Eureka being the pilot of the very first and most special LFO was under some sort of influence of the cave. Since it seems that because of the connection Eureka and Anemone have (whatever it is because when one is in pain or tripping it happens to the other as well) this effect of the cave on Eureka also reached Anemone.
At least that is the conclusion that I have drawn from what i have seen. Whether it is correct or not at all will still have to be seen of course.

Damn man, Dominic is such a good guy. No matter how Anemone treats him or abuses him he still tries his best to take care of her to the best of his abilities and just plain ignores the abuse.
Jun 13, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
Anemore is really getting on my nerves, such an annoying character.

Jul 22, 2013 3:37 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
niedude said:

Yeah that wasn't really necessary.

And man, Renton is really bad at talking, that beginning part when he was trying to cheer up/apologize to Eureka, that was terrible and insensitive. If I were Eureka, I would've punched him hard. "Maybe I'm more suitable for Nirvash? Just Kidding." Seriously, this is no joking matter for Eureka. Also I know it was just a dream, but wow he seems to be someone who just does whatever he wants. He goes into someone's house and eats their food to his satisfaction, and then finally realizes that he should take a box to the rest of the crew. He's not a very thoughtful person. And no I don't care that it was a dream, his personality should still reflect himself in real life.

Morani90 said:

Damn man, Dominic is such a good guy. No matter how Anemone treats him or abuses him he still tries his best to take care of her to the best of his abilities and just plain ignores the abuse.

Dominic's love for Anemone is great, even though he still has to make her go through pain.
Aug 18, 2013 8:13 PM

Sep 2012
Homolust said:
koyaanisquatsi said:
niedude said:

yup, me too. )

DID YOU SEE DAT ASS WHATS-HER-NAME HAD!?
megusta
Jul 3, 2014 10:26 PM

Sep 2013
This psychological shit is really starting to annoy me.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 18, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
I don't like mind games.. was never good at them.
This dream thing is bugging my curiosity.. lacking some awesome fight scenes.
Jul 21, 2014 12:12 AM

Aug 2013
O__o? -- My reaction while watching this. I'm lost.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 18, 2014 4:41 PM

May 2012
Pretty crazy episode, things sure are developing weird but I like it and it makes me wonder what will happen next!
Dec 5, 2014 6:06 PM

Aug 2013
Again, Renton, Eureka and Anemone get trapped in a ''dream''. But I don't know, I found it very odd where Renton woke. It's like he moved in his sleep. Somehow, I don't think that it's more than a little detail.

To me, these are n ot dreams for two reasons : first, the first time Renton went in that place, Eureka said ''No! Don't go to that place!''. It's like she was talking about being transported into another world/dimension. The other thing is when Eureka said to Renton asking him what dream she had : ''I don't know, I never dream''. Holland probably know something that we don't, he had an odd reaction when the kid said that Eureka was taking a nap.

Man, I hope Renton and Eureka make up soon, that tension really is insufferable :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 10, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
VanishingKira said:
This is getting worst.Hopefully this picks up the pace cause so far these 16 episodes have been disappointingly terrible for the most part.

Xynic said:
This psychological shit is really starting to annoy me.

+1
Aug 7, 2016 8:52 PM

Jun 2008
That was not the best episode to watch with a slight buzz. I don't believe I can sleep now.
Sep 29, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2014
16 Ep in and I wonder when it starts to pay off (aka the good part). The pacing is horrible.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 20, 2017 4:42 AM
Aug 2014
Liked this dream sequence much better, here I felt Renton had at some control over what happened rather than being swept along. Looks like it isn't only the Coreila that allows these three characters to connect.
Jun 22, 2017 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
Okay we have more WTF dreaming...
Oct 3, 2017 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
Another strange episode with a weird dream sequence.

Yes, of course Eureka and Anemone and possibly Renton are all linked neurologically somehow or something.Or they're all robots/clones or something.
Oct 11, 2017 9:52 PM
Mar 2017
more than 10 times insult Renton in my mind, and I wanted to beat him for being so dumb. Although he saved himself apologizing (but I do not forgive him)

someone else noticed that when his face appeared to the LFO, he looked like a human and he also smiles!
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 22, 2017 12:08 AM

Feb 2015
niedude said:

ah so it was sex? i had my theories on it, especially since the next scene showed him shirtless and i was like "....??? did he....???? right in the middle of somewhere they don't know?????"

DonKangolJones said:

Poor Renton, he got to watch some sex and then the mine made him starting tripping balls. I guess that was the show's less than discrete way of pointing out the connection between the two girls.

i'm pretty sure he didn't watch it, lol. 2 seconds later he got distracted and went up to the "house".

VictimOfFate said:

Good job, Moondoggie :D love how romance is such a natural part of character interactions here, just like the way it should be

YES, this! right when i saw the scene i made a fist pump and said "YES, maturity with sex!" it's so rare in anime, so freaking REFRESHING to see with me, you have no idea. and you're so right, it flows right with the plot, even for the unneeded reference as @niedude pointed out. it was smooth and quick, well directed as well. honestly i thought he and gidget had hidden crushes on each other, i guess they either revealed their feelings for each other there or they were always together.
------
.....yeah no clue what's going on here but as always with anime i'll keep any questions in the back of my head in hopes it will be revealed later. agreed on @ownosourus on the pink girl being annoying, don't like her and i barely like her helper/partner/butler/whatever as well.
Apr 14, 2019 6:57 PM

Feb 2017
JFC. When Eureka looked up terrified at theEND, I could feel here eyes boring into my soul.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Jul 21, 2019 12:39 PM

Apr 2019
Hmmm I wonder what is the house that Renton dreamed of? Maybe it is in the past or something like that? Also, WTF was Renton's reaction to Moondoggie and his GF? He's a pure kid after all LMAO
JaimePaginaJul 21, 2019 12:51 PM
Dec 22, 2020 12:49 PM

Jul 2017
This show is so tonally inconsistent that it's driving my head in. All Renton wanted to do was ride waves in the sky and now he's deeply involved in shit like this. The psychological elements feel way more forced here than in Evangelion and I don't even like it there. The show keeps on changing its identity and what it tries to be, and now it's really boring me with whatever this episode was trying to achieve. At least nice to see Moondoggie randomly get to do it and then just never be mentioned again for the rest of the episode lol.
Oct 10, 2021 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
Damn, my boy Renton is out here tripping his balls off with that dram-hallucination state he's in along with Eureka and Anemone, whereas Moondoggie and his girl are lashing it out in the shroud of darkness. Can't imagine how dusty their body got after having sex in such a dilapidated room.

The psychological aspect is now an actual part of the show, it's not just some one-time thing anymore, it's real and it's here to stay for the better or worse. This coralian phenomenon is really a huge turning point in both the narrative and characters' interpersonal relationships. We have no clue as to what's truly going on aside from the fact that Eureka and Anemone is one and the same kind of 'girls' they're connected in some way with Renton being some sort of special person that's able to interact within the zone.

All things considered, at least Renton manage to apologize to Eureka in the dream state.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.