Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Oct 8, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
A lot of action in this episode. I will for sure be watching the rest of this series. It seems a lot like Code Geass. Especially with the sudden transfer in the end of the episode. Remember when Suzaku transferred suddenly into Lelouch's school? Uh-huh, seem familiar? I'm not even mad at all. That's exactly why I chose to watch this because of how similar I heard it was to Code Geass. Anyway, onto the next ep!
Dec 8, 2014 5:21 PM

Apr 2014

welp
Nov 28, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
The OP and ED are so beautiful!
Shuu is a bit annoying, but I guess he will get better.
Dec 2, 2015 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
nah~ another transfer student story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2015 2:06 PM

Oct 2015
Good amount of Fan service, didn't really bother me, but plot hole already. How was the Kaleidoscope at full power if the MC had no relationship with him?
Mar 21, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
Already putting Shu to work as a trump card? That's a crazy amount of trust there for a guy that hasn't officially join the group lol.

Besides the obvious Code Geass comparison, there are some elements in this show that sorta reminds me of Shoujo Kakumei Utena thanks to whole pulling weapons out of people and Shu having his very own "Rose Bride" to say the least : I'm guessing Inori is going to follow him everywhere since she now belongs to him.

It was a WTF moment for me when I saw how easily Shu was able to pull out Daryl's void like that o_0

The OP is fucking great by the way!
KashKetchumMar 21, 2016 5:40 PM
Nov 27, 2016 3:59 PM

Jun 2016
They need to explain more of these weapons and everything..
Dec 21, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2016
Still lives up to the name 'Edgy Discount Code Geass' in my opinion.
So the MC decides not to continue going after coming this far? Ok, then. They could have also easily killed the Kaleidoscope guy, but I guess nah, and also how do they know what his weapon is?
Looks like its back to school for the MC now and I'd like to see how this turns out.
Dec 28, 2016 9:04 PM

Dec 2014
it astonished me how he returned back to his old life in the end.... typical anime behaviour
Feb 4, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2013
lol that booty fanservice xDDD

Shu learns fast :0

Anyways. I'm surprised that he's shocked about Inori transferring to his school. From the way Gai got pissed off at him, I'm assuming the Guilty Crown cannot be passed on to another person, so Shu can't really expect being able to return to living a normal life after taking that away, when it was originally meant for Gai. Like duh. The moment Inori chose Shu and he accepted, that was it. Game over. Done deal.

There's no escape, so take responsibility.
You're the one who was dying to change and to be able to impact the world from the very beginning anyways. Now's your chance.
Kokoro_KotashimaFeb 4, 2017 7:23 PM
Feb 26, 2017 4:33 PM

Sep 2015
Rip the mom and those poor men including that mom's husband. Poor kid..

Dam that blonde bastard pissed me off so much. Disgusting human filth.
Jun 2, 2017 7:20 PM

Jun 2016
This seems like Code Geass with better art and everything else worse.

Opening song is trash and cringe.

Ending song is same kind of junk.

Female character designs suck, crybaby MC is also badly designed. Gai looks cool though. This "evil" gundammeister is also good.

Plot seems weak. There is more "plot" than plot. Characters aren't that interesting either. It's predictable and simple.

It's 4/10 unless it gets better, or worse...
Jun 10, 2017 6:58 PM

Oct 2015
^ Except Code Geass is shit as well
Aug 4, 2017 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
So I assume if they stay connected to their "robots", they'll get seriously damaged / killed.
Slowest lasers ever trying to reach Gai.

Really ... the "transfer student" scene? - I really hope it's not going to focus too much on high school but more on the virus / resistance.
I don't like how after being the saviour of Gai and his group he STILL decided to go back to his mundane high school life.

Lotta booty / breasticles scenes.
Aug 22, 2017 10:14 AM
Jun 2017
I'm not all that impressed with this series, honestly. There's absolutely no character building at all, no explanations of what the hell this war is all about or where Shujinkou knows the girl from or what the virus is or what that power is exactly, there's only really action.

5/10. I'm debating dropping it.
Feb 27, 2019 12:26 AM

Feb 2018
Good jobs Ouma Shuu.
Sep 19, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty cliche episode imo, saw that transfer student coming a mile ago. Hope this gets better soon. OP is nice though.
Jan 24, 2020 8:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha the end, it was obvious that she would be the transferred student xD Inori is so cute I really like her so far
Apr 13, 2020 1:30 AM

Feb 2019
nice animation bro
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 13, 2020 6:48 AM

Jan 2016
This is gonna be a mess but I'm all for it lmfao.
May 18, 2020 5:52 AM
Mar 2018
Might as well continue my nitpicking.
So Gai complains that Inori gave the genome to Shuu. Then why did he send this random boy that just showed up 10 minutes earlier to save her. Why did he not go himself, or send literally anyone else? And how was Shuu supposed to survive that battle without the genome anyways?
Same story during the big mission. Why would you plan the entire thing around Shuu, he's known your group for all but a few hours, if that. What is your guarantee that he succeeds? How can you trust that he doesn't just leave?

I don't mind if the viewer isn't told everything, but that only works if I can tell that the characters know whats going and why they do what they do. Which I absolutely can't for Shuu, as of now
May 18, 2020 8:16 AM
May 2018
Seems like a cheap version of code geass to me so far except that the characters are nowhere near as great nor do they have any depth into them the plot isnt that interesting the opening/ending arent good either only the art is good and thats about it 5/10 is good enough for this guess im dropping it i dont feel like continuing
Sep 19, 2020 9:56 PM
Dec 2018
Well 2 episodes in so far seems like Code Geass incarnate along with a bit more ecchi but for those that haven't seen Code Geass ig it might be interesting for them to watch although they've to get by the ecchi.
My Candies:
Oct 1, 2020 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
Whaaat the hell is going on there? It feels like 20 episodes worth of content has been cut before this prologue took place.
Mar 6, 2021 7:32 AM

Sep 2017
Well looks like the trash fanservice is gonna continue. Nothing like mixing serious plot with pointless ass shots and giggle physics. If you are gonna do fanservice, it needs to be tasteful. Either that or all out ridiculous like No Game No Life. This is just annoying. Well I've had this on my list for a while now so I'm along for the ride anyways.
Sep 15, 2021 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
Even worse than the first episode. I wonder how this has such a high score
Jan 9, 2022 5:14 PM

Dec 2007
why everytime there's girl on the screen there's have to be some fanservice? lol

anyway, i tried to see what was so smart about gai's plan, didn't see it so much to be smart, and i also kinda found the whole action little underwhelming.
though i kinda get shu's character, inori is complete mystery to me.

oh, and that new student, i actually saw that coming lol

and may i say that the opening is addicting
Mar 4, 2022 9:14 AM
Nov 2020
Good ending to the show. He destroyed the enemy, he is back at school, and his crush is a transfer student, everything works out perfectly.
Mar 23, 2022 11:49 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Last episode we got STICK YOUR HAND INTO MY CHEST AND PULL OUT THIS SUPER SWORD WHILE I MOAN RATHER SUGGESTIVELY

Now we get more moaning and even some impressive boob and butt jiggle physics. Nice. Best anime ever probably

I got mildly irritated at Shu's character when he stated that Gai's comment of Inori was rather harsh, but then immediately he admits he shouldn't be sticking his nose in their business. So that cancelled out quickly lol

Ah, so that cylinder is called the Void Genome, and it was meant to be used by Gai. SO THEN WHY THE FUK didn't he just take it then and there, before running off like that when the neighborhood got attacked?? Oh right because we need the anime to happen and Shu would probably be a pointless character if he wasn't powered up. Not that I'm expecting an impressive script at all, but I can only tolerate dumb character writing so far. If it continues like this, I'll just be watching to enjoy the soundtrack.

*shows Shu crawling behind Inori in a tight corridor* HMMMM I wonder what shot they will show us next? She already has a cut out exposing most of her chest, but she also has cut outs for her upper inner thigh area too? Nice.

Ok wait a minute, so Gai does put out his hand and offers for Shu to join them, but Shu declines. And then... Gai just... LET'S HIM GO?? Even though Shu possesses that void thing- sigh. This is the second time now; Gai is a cool character, but he lets the one thing he was aiming for out of his sight- twice. Like as I said before, I can tolerate POOR script writing. But when it straight up just doesn't make any sense at all, then I have issues. I'll overlook this one for now- maybe it will actually be explained later on. Perhaps Gai is still keeping his eye on Shu, explaining Inori joining his class. He probably just wants to slowly coax him into joining rather than forcing him to. I can get behind that for sure. But if it proceeds without regarding this issue at all, then I'll definitely have some complaints should a plot hole like this happen again. I hope it doesn't.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 29, 2022 3:28 PM

Feb 2012
So the mecha are remote-controlled. One of the Funeral Parlor pilots is apparently paraplegic. By becoming a pilot, she can move once more.

Looks like it's full body control with their real body being paralyzed while piloting. They have to eject to avoid serious pain if their mecha gets impaled.

Survival of the fittest? Gai sounds like a Social Darwinist.

Shu turned downed the offer to become of Gai's secret weapon and decided to go back to the normal school life he had before meeting Inori. He's been experience normal life for a while. Inori however, transfers his school (likely under orders from Gai to get him back).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:00 PM

Jul 2021
I think it was a bit stupid of Shu not to join Gai. Shu has just seen what his country is really like and turning a blind eye and leaving is kind of irresponsible. Shu has just seen people killed and he doesn't want to help, he seems a little selfish. And I would have definitely aligned myself with Gai.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 15, 2023 11:19 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was a better episode all around. Amazing opening.
May 6, 2023 8:45 AM

Jul 2016
They really put Gai's life in Shuu's hands right after they forcing him to join them with barely any combat experience. Guess Voids really are that busted lol

A new student? Gee, I wonder who it could possibly be.
May 14, 2023 3:30 AM
Jan 2021
It made feel like this anime is for people who need to touch grass in life.
Apr 11, 8:36 PM
Jul 2023
Definitely not as good as episode one I think the fact that episode one set this episode up for failure by doing such a bad job of introducing the plot, so it feels like this episode just assumes that you understand what the plot is and I find that lazy writing and the plot feels stale, and that is one reason why that I don't like it. But it is not all that bad overall. The animation is crisp and very nice, and that is one of the major saving grace for this episode so far.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.