Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
DarkDestiny said:
6. From episode 1, Gai was in direct contact with Shu. He could have taken the Vial back. He knew it was a vial as per episode 2. It was in his pocket, direct line of sight. No way could he have missed it. He blames Inori for this? Come on.

Oh yeah. Forgot about this. Pretty stupid.
Oct 21, 2011 1:04 PM

May 2011
Yeah, Gai has way too much info on everyone. I get the feeling Gai is way more backstory than is being shown so far.

Just from piecing things together from the dialogue, I get the sense that Gai was part of the team that developed the voids, maybe even the project leader. It would make sense that he'd have intel on Daryl's void weapon.

As far as him knowing and trusting Shu from the get go. I get the feeling Shu may have been a candidate for the void project at some point and Gai recognized him.

==============

In a way, I think them sending Inori to the school after Shu was a good idea. As it's explained that Void weapons intensity is stronger as the relationship between the user and giver is more intense, It would be a good idea for Shu and Inori to spend time together in a more relaxed setting.

==============

DraconisMarch said:
DarkDestiny said:
6. From episode 1, Gai was in direct contact with Shu. He could have taken the Vial back. He knew it was a vial as per episode 2. It was in his pocket, direct line of sight. No way could he have missed it. He blames Inori for this? Come on.

I get the feeling Gai was playing Shu. Coaxing him into defending Inori. Just like he coaxed the mecha girl into not blaming herself by teasing her about the situation.

Gai seems to have a manipulative personality. I don't think his actions seem to have any malice. It's just his way of getting people around him to understand the situation for what he thinks it is.

Shu got involved of his own accord. Yet, he's been a flake from the get go. I don't think Gai can actually blame Inori for what happened. There really was no choice in the matter. Either they "joined" in that street or die. But he needed Shu to step up to the plate. So, I believe his whole berating Inori was to get that result.

I guess Gai didn't figure Shu to chicken out AFTER he risked his life for Gai's plan to stop the government crackdown.
CirrisOct 21, 2011 1:09 PM
Oct 21, 2011 1:22 PM

Jan 2008
Regardless of how generic and cliche'd that ending was, I liked it.
Oct 21, 2011 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
BRSxIgnition said:
katsu044 said:
BRSxIgnition said:
AGH-RMS said:

So just like i said previously in this forum people are nitpicking WAY to much, i even guessed than it would be said in a few episodes, so people need to calm down really... In any case i hope they give a satisfying reason as to why they knew or all these haters will just multiply by the loads lol, all though about the DNA i gotta agree with that theory also since after watching the OP again it doesn't seem so far fetched, what i'm a bit more curious about though is the two other vials since if i remember they said there were 3, so i wonder if all the vials contain the same power or is it different per person, etc. It has a lot of potential, hopefully it uses it properly and keeps getting better.
yeah i really hope these 3 vials will turn into something Great later on since it has alot of potential to form some awesome battles.
Oct 21, 2011 2:00 PM

Oct 2010
huskyboykarl said:
^ Maybe Gai has a DNA that can predict the Future? I was just confuse on how he really trust that much that Shu can work on him.
I thinking more of a system and intelligence of voids but that is not even shown yet.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 21, 2011 2:12 PM

Oct 2011
Cirris said:
Yeah, Gai has way too much info on everyone. I get the feeling Gai is way more backstory than is being shown so far.

Just from piecing things together from the dialogue, I get the sense that Gai was part of the team that developed the voids, maybe even the project leader. It would make sense that he'd have intel on Daryl's void weapon.

As far as him knowing and trusting Shu from the get go. I get the feeling Shu may have been a candidate for the void project at some point and Gai recognized him.

==============

In a way, I think them sending Inori to the school after Shu was a good idea. As it's explained that Void weapons intensity is stronger as the relationship between the user and giver is more intense, It would be a good idea for Shu and Inori to spend time together in a more relaxed setting.

==============

DraconisMarch said:
DarkDestiny said:

I get the feeling Gai was playing Shu. Coaxing him into defending Inori. Just like he coaxed the mecha girl into not blaming herself by teasing her about the situation.

Gai seems to have a manipulative personality. I don't think his actions seem to have any malice. It's just his way of getting people around him to understand the situation for what he thinks it is.

I guess Gai didn't figure Shu to chicken out AFTER he risked his life for Gai's plan to stop the government crackdown.

I'm thinking Gai left the vial with him - and subsequently let it activate - on purpose. It's fairly obvious that when Shu gets the power, Gai is in the flash backs, so a lot is still being left to explain. I have a feeling Gai is using Shu in some larger plan, or at least trying to involve him in it.

I really really want to point, laugh, and brag at the people who called the Kaleidescope detail a plot-hole though. Nothing is a plot hole until a series it over, and now you have official word proving your idiocy. Have a nice day.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 21, 2011 2:15 PM

Apr 2011
Another great episode. I love the opening, one of the best this season.
Ayase is funny with butt bumming.
Oct 21, 2011 3:10 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
huskyboykarl said:
^ Maybe Gai has a DNA that can predict the Future? I was just confuse on how he really trust that much that Shu can work on him.
I thinking more of a system and intelligence of voids but that is not even shown yet.

Maybe I was just over thinking because of the pLot didn't convinced me that wimpy Shu would do something like that. Maybe something like if Shu's Life is on the Line or something that made him drives to go through something like that. If Gai failed, he might be a dead meat. xD

Oct 21, 2011 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Oh, please. This whole episode was full of unnecessary fan service, lame characters and their introductions, scenes and actions which made no sense and many other details, which I won't pick one by one. I seriously can't understand what people see in this show, especially after such a ridiculous ending, which made me burst out laughing and immediately made me lower the score of this show. School setting? Really? And first episode actually showed some potential, even with poor characters and not so good story, but now.. I'm losing my hope completely for this show. 1/5
Oct 21, 2011 3:19 PM

Oct 2011
dws said:
Oh, please. This whole episode was full of unnecessary fan service, lame characters and their introductions, scenes and actions which made no sense and many other details, which I won't pick one by one. I seriously can't understand what people see in this show, especially after such a ridiculous ending, which made me burst out laughing and immediately made me lower the score of this show. School setting? Really? And first episode actually showed some potential, even with poor characters and not so good story, but now.. I'm losing my hope completely for this show. 1/5

I'm surprised you didn't show the same bias when you noticed he had a friend on his way to school, or when he was talked to by people in his school.

In anime, sure, transfer students is a cliche, but within this, it's normal that Undertaker would want to keep an eye on him. People need to pull their heads out of their asses and hating/nitpicking about small things.

If you nitpicked about ever cliche seen in any anime, Gulty Crown would probably end up one of the better anime.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Oct 21, 2011 3:27 PM

Jan 2008
How can you call something a plot hole... WHEN THE PLOT ISN'T OVER YET?!!!
For all you know, they could explain how Gai knew what weapon Daryl would produce in the next episode. Jeez, people sure love to whine.
Oct 21, 2011 3:57 PM

Sep 2007
I sware to god animes like this are so fucking rage inducing. This whole "I have to ultimate god like powers but don't wanna fight!" anime cliche is the most annoying thing in anime since Tsukamoto Tenma from school rumble. UGGHHH Now half the fucking anime is going the undertakers trying to convince him to join them. But of course he won't untill someone close to him gets offed or some trash.

The first episode was interesting and the fighting and violence was nice but if this shows going to throw that weak ass gundam seed "I don't want to fight" trash as a major plot point then this a show can die in a fire. /rant
Oct 21, 2011 4:28 PM

Oct 2011
Roxkis said:
I sware to god animes like this are so fucking rage inducing. This whole "I have to ultimate god like powers but don't wanna fight!" anime cliche is the most annoying thing in anime since Tsukamoto Tenma from school rumble. UGGHHH Now half the fucking anime is going the undertakers trying to convince him to join them. But of course he won't untill someone close to him gets offed or some trash.

The first episode was interesting and the fighting and violence was nice but if this shows going to throw that weak ass gundam seed "I don't want to fight" trash as a major plot point then this a show can die in a fire. /rant

I'm pretty sure that if anyone was in the situation, they wouldn't want to get involved, you can't really call that something bad.

We're not sure how he's going to be convinced, or if he even will, but I'm interested in seeing how the anime moves forward. I'm confident that his anime will earn it's following on it's own merits, not on similarities to others or animation alone.
Oct 21, 2011 4:32 PM

Feb 2010
Roxkis said:
This whole "I have to ultimate god like powers but don't wanna fight!" anime cliche is the most annoying thing in anime

I love how idiots like you think that all 17 year olds are automatically supposed to be badass and want the burden of having to save hundreds of lives.

Oct 21, 2011 4:37 PM

Jun 2011
Major Suggestion (What I would like to see anyways)
Note: I love to write and this is an episode of wishful thinking - Not for those who recognize "TL;DR"

"The right to use my friend as a weapon; that is the sinful crown I shall adorn."

1) MAJOR PREMISE: Whenever Shu uses the "King's Power" the person who gets "used" is drained of life/soul - permanently. Why? Adds character depth and a whole other dimension to this anime - sinful crown is right! Raise the significance of weaponsizing your friend at the cost of their life. Infinitie power - but what are you willing to sacrifice? Internal struggle +1, Character Development +1, Seriousness +1. Oh yeah and if this route is taken I’d love to see this scene:

Several Episodes and Missions Later: Inori mysteriously gets weaker and weaker - coughing blood, etc. Shu realizes that he’s actually killing Inori, and, being the guy he is, pledges to stop using the weapon – hoping “There must be another way!” Episode continues with a planned mission to [random mission not important]. Mission goes to hell and the Funeral Parlor (Name subject to change) is ambushed in a quickly worsening battle against an overwhelming number of highly trained coalition troops. Inori begs Shu to use the Void Power as their comrades die left and right. Shu continues to refuse spouting something along the lines of “No, I can’t! I don’t want to hurt you! (Obviously with a much cooler choice of words. Refusing to acknowledge that they’ll probably both die if he doesn’t use the Void Power)” Scenes continue to flash of people dying in background as Inori begs desperately (READ: Tears in eyes and OMG PLEASE SAVE THEM look) for Shu to do something. (Intense internal conflict, good of many vs life of friend +1 Intense) Suddenly, Inori sees Gai get shot (non-lethal to the abdomen). Without thinking/hesitation, she screams in horror, rage, and frustration and charges, firing wildly at the enemy troops in an attempt to get to the wounded Gai. Shu cries out in alarm and attempts to catch her. Inori’s running stops abruptly and she takes a few stumbling steps before collapsing, kneeling onto the floor, hands clutching stomache. [Camera switches to Inori first person POV] she raises her hand only to find it covered in blood, eyesight blurry and camera weaving in a circular pattern. [Out zoom] In a span of a second, realization dawns on her and she takes a last pained, accusing look at Shu as a Non-mech-Stealth-Suit-assassin-class soldier (DARYL!) unstealths and withdraws his large, bloody blade and methodically shoots Inori execution style from the back of the head. End Episode.

HOLY SHIT! THAT WAS EPIC. Rage on the forums everywhere how can they Kill Inori! RAGE RAGE RAGE but it would be good for show. Why? Uber plot change and necessary character rebuilding. Shu, a relatively clean character is shattered – pieces everywhere. He's going to need to be put back together - producing a much rougher and colder individual - afraid to get attached to anybody even new introduced characters. In the following episodes (He survives preferably with someone grabbing the stunned Shu and dragging him (half-dead) away as the rest retreat with Gai) Shu has to face the fact that he failed the person nearest to him and perhaps even killed her. Sure, he was well-intentioned but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s dead. He’s summarily dismissed from the Funeral Parlor (Name subject to change) and ostracized for his failure. Hell, a lot of guys died because he froze up - furthermore Gai HATES him (Final Boss :]). In following episodes, Shu struggles to come to terms with his role in Inori’s death. Some time later, in a search for catharsis/atonement, he ends up joining a smaller – less organized and more rugged terrorist group and now wields the Void Power without hesitation - cold determination and hatred. He sacrifices his conscience and his comrades to avenge the death of Inori. Character Depth: Darker, grim, no longer straight-forward good vs evil. The protagonist is turning darker as the search for revenge blinds him from his further fall into darkness. Mission: Kill Daryl – revolution comes second for him.

Note: Daryl changed from loud psychotic maniac to cool-headed killer. A respectable leader of his troops but chillingly brutal in simple pragmatism. To him, life is cheap (No more loud crazy shouting and unwarranted elitism)

This was fun + A man can dream, right?
If you read this: You have no life and neither do I :]
Oct 21, 2011 4:49 PM

Jun 2009
Roxkis said:

I find it rage-inducing when the protagonist starts fighting because of some retarded reason like idealism, or because the mentor character will call him a coward if he doesn't (Seriously, what is he, fucking 12?).

But, eh, to each their own.
Oct 21, 2011 4:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Again, the antagonist (i.e. currently the government, possibly something else in the future) lacks sophistication so far. Since it's only 2/22 so far, there is much hope for improvement in that part.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 21, 2011 5:04 PM

Oct 2011
echan12101992 said:
Note: I love to write and this is an episode of wishful thinking - Not for those who recognize "TL;DR"

"The right to use my friend as a weapon; that is the sinful crown I shall adorn."

1) MAJOR PREMISE: Whenever Shu uses the "King's Power" the person who gets "used" is drained of life/soul - permanently. Why? Adds character depth and a whole other dimension to this anime - sinful crown is right! Raise the significance of weaponsizing your friend at the cost of their life. Infinitie power - but what are you willing to sacrifice? Internal struggle +1, Character Development +1, Seriousness +1. Oh yeah and if this route is taken I’d love to see this scene:

Several Episodes and Missions Later: Inori mysteriously gets weaker and weaker - coughing blood, etc. Shu realizes that he’s actually killing Inori, and, being the guy he is, pledges to stop using the weapon – hoping “There must be another way!” Episode continues with a planned mission to [random mission not important]. Mission goes to hell and the Funeral Parlor (Name subject to change) is ambushed in a quickly worsening battle against an overwhelming number of highly trained coalition troops. Inori begs Shu to use the Void Power as their comrades die left and right. Shu continues to refuse spouting something along the lines of “No, I can’t! I don’t want to hurt you! (Obviously with a much cooler choice of words. Refusing to acknowledge that they’ll probably both die if he doesn’t use the Void Power)” Scenes continue to flash of people dying in background as Inori begs desperately (READ: Tears in eyes and OMG PLEASE SAVE THEM look) for Shu to do something. (Intense internal conflict, good of many vs life of friend +1 Intense) Suddenly, Inori sees Gai get shot (non-lethal to the abdomen). Without thinking/hesitation, she screams in horror, rage, and frustration and charges, firing wildly at the enemy troops in an attempt to get to the wounded Gai. Shu cries out in alarm and attempts to catch her. Inori’s running stops abruptly and she takes a few stumbling steps before collapsing, kneeling onto the floor, hands clutching stomache. [Camera switches to Inori first person POV] she raises her hand only to find it covered in blood, eyesight blurry and camera weaving in a circular pattern. [Out zoom] In a span of a second, realization dawns on her and she takes a last pained, accusing look at Shu as a Non-mech-Stealth-Suit-assassin-class soldier (DARYL!) unstealths and withdraws his large, bloody blade and methodically shoots Inori execution style from the back of the head. End Episode.

HOLY SHIT! THAT WAS EPIC. Rage on the forums everywhere how can they Kill Inori! RAGE RAGE RAGE but it would be good for show. Why? Uber plot change and necessary character rebuilding. Shu, a relatively clean character is shattered – pieces everywhere. He's going to need to be put back together - producing a much rougher and colder individual - afraid to get attached to anybody even new introduced characters. In the following episodes (He survives preferably with someone grabbing the stunned Shu and dragging him (half-dead) away as the rest retreat with Gai) Shu has to face the fact that he failed the person nearest to him and perhaps even killed her. Sure, he was well-intentioned but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s dead. He’s summarily dismissed from the Funeral Parlor (Name subject to change) and ostracized for his failure. Hell, a lot of guys died because he froze up - furthermore Gai HATES him (Final Boss :]). In following episodes, Shu struggles to come to terms with his role in Inori’s death. Some time later, in a search for catharsis/atonement, he ends up joining a smaller – less organized and more rugged terrorist group and now wields the Void Power without hesitation - cold determination and hatred. He sacrifices his conscience and his comrades to avenge the death of Inori. Character Depth: Darker, grim, no longer straight-forward good vs evil. The protagonist is turning darker as the search for revenge blinds him from his further fall into darkness. Mission: Kill Daryl – revolution comes second for him.

Note: Daryl changed from loud psychotic maniac to cool-headed killer. A respectable leader of his troops but chillingly brutal in simple pragmatism. To him, life is cheap (No more loud crazy shouting and unwarranted elitism)

I don't know whether to love you or hate you.

Your ideas for the anime are amazing.
Your ideas for Inori are cruel.

I'm so conflicted right now xD
Oct 21, 2011 5:06 PM

Sep 2007
kusotare said:
Roxkis said:
This whole "I have to ultimate god like powers but don't wanna fight!" anime cliche is the most annoying thing in anime

I love how idiots like you think that all 17 year olds are automatically supposed to be badass and want the burden of having to save hundreds of lives.

When a 17 years old has god like (or "The king's") powers and chooses to do jack shit with it, then yeah its a annoying waste.

Forgive me for liking main characters with balls.

BRSxIgnition said:

I'm confident that his anime will earn it's following on it's own merits, not on similarities to others or animation alone.

I wish i could share you optimism. I won't drop this show yet but if the next few episodes are all about him being passive then I'm done.

echan12101992 said:

I read all it and it sounds like a show I would want to watch.
Oct 21, 2011 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
I just noticed since i play DFO... the metal thing swirling around the sword is the exact same thing as Rogues Awakening
Oct 21, 2011 5:49 PM

Sep 2009
I could do without the fan service, but I will keep on watching. Hopefully it won't get too bad. I really don't like it when shows with a serious plot have fan service like that...it just doesn't feel right. (Of course, I'm assuming this will have a serious plot).
Oct 21, 2011 6:15 PM

Jul 2010
Dat freaking OP gives me the chills. Supercell blows me away again.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Oct 21, 2011 6:40 PM

Jan 2010
The OP sounded far better in the PVs..

And the awesomeness of this anime would've shot up tenfold had they actually given Gai the genome.
For now though, I'm finding it rather bland.

Not letting all that bias I'm supposed to have get in the way.
Oct 21, 2011 6:43 PM
Jul 2009
echan12101992 said:

Pst. You need to add in the fact that only "friends" can be used as weapons =P you know.. since he can randomly pull out weapons from people like Kaleidoscope. Why sacrifice Inori when he can sacrifice someone else? xD
Oct 21, 2011 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
The fan service was a bit over the top, especially the butt operated computer. The scene with Inori crawling with that outfit in front of Shu..well, it was not really needed, but it's actually somewhat logical given the circumstances. Inori was running around in that outfit all the time, and she probably knows better where to go, so she is in front. And i didn't notice the scene with Ayase breathing as fanservice.

Overall, it's a lot of small things for one episode, they could trim it down a bit, but compared to Kallen in a bunny suit, the special design of her seat, her being seen naked twice and once only wearing a towel, by both the characters and the viewers..and thats not counting the scenes of other girls, like Villetta Nu..all of this could have been done without. Pull the curtain back a bit less, let her stop behind the wall, instead of running right into the meeting, make the bunny suit scene shorter, or give her a whole different outfit (at least a normal maid one, even though this would probably still be considered fan service?).

And Evangelion had a lot of scenes like this,too. Shinji landing on top of Rei or the other way round, Asuka using her breasts as an example for thermal expansion, while standing in a swimsuit (even two part) in front of Shinji, Misato dressing in front of a mirror with a frontal shot of her (already somewhat covered) chest..and this does not include random floating scenes and similar.

So, the complaining here is even more over the top then the fan service, especially when comparing how other shows where way better because they did not have that much. They did, it was noticable, and it was done for the same reason.

So yeah, this episode more or less continued where the first stopped. Biggest surprise was Shu not accepting. He must have more balls then most people think, him declining after Gai practically threatend him into helping them.
Oct 21, 2011 7:21 PM

Jun 2010
echan12101992 said:

Your ideas........*cries tears of joy* they are so beautiful. I'd love to watch something like this. :)
Oct 21, 2011 7:23 PM

Dec 2010
kusotare said:
Roxkis said:

This, i mean really... its like people never heard of character development or maybe they have and simply don't have the patience for it, Also while plots of many anime can be as far from reality as possible since it is anime after all... human nature has to remain somewhat realistic otherwise it loses MAJOR quality, i mean personalities differ from character to character, but do you really think you would out of the blue act like a bad ass throw away everything that made you who are and simply say screw and charge into revolution... ya i don't think so.
NwAurion said:
The fan service was a bit over the top, especially the butt operated computer.

Dude the computer wasn't "butt operated" it was interactive thus the reason she was moving things around with her hands, one of the consoles? or whatever it was got in the way so for fanservice (which people are going crazy trying to hate in EVERY way possible on :/) she pushed it aside in the way she did.
Roxkis said:
kusotare said:
Roxkis said:

When a 17 years old has god like (or "The king's") powers and chooses to do jack shit with it, then yeah its a annoying waste.

Forgive me for liking main characters with balls.

Dude do you really think Simon in Gurren Lagann had "balls" until after that little speech following his mental breakdown, and do you really think Nagasumi in Seto had anything resembling until the last minutes of the final episode, really...

DmonHiro said:
How can you call something a plot hole... WHEN THE PLOT ISN'T OVER YET?!!!

How is something beyond me... from reading this forum one thing becomes truly apparent and that is that people are trying WAY TOO HARD to hate on this anime... oh well to each their own.
Oct 21, 2011 8:36 PM

Jun 2010
This anime is so....generically epic. I mean it's pretty good but....are they really trying that transfer student plot device again?
Oct 21, 2011 8:57 PM

Jun 2011
DarkDestiny said:
echan12101992 said:

Pst. You need to add in the fact that only "friends" can be used as weapons =P you know.. since he can randomly pull out weapons from people like Kaleidoscope. Why sacrifice Inori when he can sacrifice someone else? xD

Please note:
1) It's my adaptation :]
2) Using good guys who are near you and won't put up a fight is easier than finding and victimizing a bad guy who's more than likely going to riddle your body with bullets.
Cost/Benefit Analysis: Your friends die (but are willing, hey it's a war) but you ensure victory OR your friends might die + you might die if you're not able to sneak up and absorb a baddy successfully (Which: Note, is highly unlikely. Seriously.. Shu sneaking up to Daryl and absorbing (I'm going to call it absorb because it's cool) him AND THEN NOT KILLING HIM? Being a Lieutenant and getting caught with your pants down is bad enough... Shu not hacking him into pieces for the guy's error = wth writers? Suspension of Disbeliefatron OVERLOAD

1) Sorry I do not understand your first sentence - self-contradictory with rest of statement.
2) While pulling a weapon out of basically anybody does solve this problem of killing Inori, what are the chances that:
a) There's a bad guy in a vulnerable/unsuspecting position
b) The bad guy is strong enough that the weapon is even useful. (Assuming of course that the strength and properties of each weapon is related to the relative qualities of the victim because that just seems to make sense; at least I'd do it that way anyways)
As you can see - it would take some serious suspension of disbelief on our part to accept that Shu will always find some random guy strong enough to pull a weapon out of but dumb enough to leave himself open to attack in a battle.

Possible Solutions:
1) Alternate victims:
a) Friends: Not going to happen. Shu is the kind of guy who wouldn't hurt a teammate - hence the whole Inori situation
2) Use Bad Guys - Problems noted earlier. Can be averted if: Good guys purposely drag around a powerful bad guy as a summoning slave, extracting weapons from him/her continuously until he/she dies + replaces. Kind of like changing batteries on a plastic lightsaber. Once again: Shu would probably never agree and it can't be that easy to keep capturing the buggers.

Overall: HEY! It's my adaptation!
Oct 21, 2011 9:55 PM

Sep 2009
Oh yeah! They did not disappoint! Awesome episode! Keep it up!
Oct 21, 2011 10:13 PM
Jul 2009
echan12101992 said:
DarkDestiny said:
echan12101992 said:

(Which: Note, is highly unlikely. Seriously.. Shu sneaking up to Daryl and absorbing (I'm going to call it absorb because it's cool) him AND THEN NOT KILLING HIM? Being a Lieutenant and getting caught with your pants down is bad enough... Shu not hacking him into pieces for the guy's error = wth writers? Suspension of Disbeliefatron OVERLOAD

1) Sorry I do not understand your first sentence - self-contradictory with rest of statement.
2) While pulling a weapon out of basically anybody does solve this problem of killing Inori, what are the chances that:
a) There's a bad guy in a vulnerable/unsuspecting position
b) The bad guy is strong enough that the weapon is even useful. (Assuming of course that the strength and properties of each weapon is related to the relative qualities of the victim because that just seems to make sense; at least I'd do it that way anyways)
As you can see - it would take some serious suspension of disbelief on our part to accept that Shu will always find some random guy strong enough to pull a weapon out of but dumb enough to leave himself open to attack in a battle.

Possible Solutions:
1) Alternate victims:
a) Friends: Not going to happen. Shu is the kind of guy who wouldn't hurt a teammate - hence the whole Inori situation
2) Use Bad Guys - Problems noted earlier. Can be averted if: Good guys purposely drag around a powerful bad guy as a summoning slave, extracting weapons from him/her continuously until he/she dies + replaces. Kind of like changing batteries on a plastic lightsaber. Once again: Shu would probably never agree and it can't be that easy to keep capturing the buggers.

Overall: HEY! It's my adaptation!

Well noted that it's your adaptation =P Otherwise I'd just point to other things. Although, Daryl did scream like a bitch when it was pulled out of him, so it may not be too far fetched =].

I like your word choice there in the first paragraph. Also, I forgot to note how strange it was the kaleidoscope disappeared in Shu's hands after the battle. Exhausted soul goes back to the body?!?!

Your possible solutions sort of reminded me of Steins;Geta beta line where every result ends up sad haha.
Oct 21, 2011 10:20 PM

Dec 2010
My fucking god DAT ASS....

Seriously this show is sick. I already like the action and pacing so far. That mangekyou void was sick too.

Inori being a transfer student was expected but that was SO FUCKING CUTE how she said "honto da yo" to him. God damn she had that MOE face on too!

Holy shit....so cute.

Really want to see next episode so bad.

Oct 21, 2011 10:28 PM

Jun 2011
DarkDestiny said:
echan12101992 said:
DarkDestiny said:
echan12101992 said:

Well noted that it's your adaptation =P Otherwise I'd just point to other things. Although, Daryl did scream like a bitch when it was pulled out of him, so it may not be too far fetched =].

I like your word choice there in the first paragraph. Also, I forgot to note how strange it was the kaleidoscope disappeared in Shu's hands after the battle. Exhausted soul goes back to the body?!?!

Your possible solutions sort of reminded me of Steins;Geta beta line where every result ends up sad haha.

BTW I was going to edit it in but it would have messed with the formatting and made it ugly :[

I misinterpreted "Pst. You need to add in the fact that only "friends" can be used as weapons =P you know.. since he can randomly pull out weapons from people like Kaleidoscope. Why sacrifice Inori when he can sacrifice someone else? xD"

Also: I love how everybody's referring to Steins;Gate. I wonder why.... [Only because it's the best damn anime ever!]
Note: I love grim stuff because it makes a happy ending all the more satisfying. Steins;Gate! Draw me in and rip my heart out - leave me gasping, clinging for every breathe and as the corners of my vision fade to black breathe into me new life and hope.
Oct 21, 2011 10:31 PM

Aug 2011
Finally got around to this. Not liking he nasal voice in the OP. The OP also felt like I was watching a VN a little bit.

On one hand, I'm glad they allowed those people to be executed to try and make it sort of dark, on the other hand it still doesn't feel all that dark.

I kind of wish the rescue operation failed in all honesty. I feel like that would have made for a more compelling story.
violaxcore.png
Oct 21, 2011 10:34 PM

Apr 2011
katsu044 said:
BRSxIgnition said:
AGH-RMS said:
As for how Gai knew that Yan's weapon would be the Kaleidoscope... Perhaps there's a way to determine what a person's weapon will be by analyzing there DNA? That's what the OP seemed to be making reference too... And, I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to get the DNA of a soldier.

That's actually a really good hypothesis, I'd be inclined to agree. Either that, or because Gai was originally supposed to be the one to receive the power, maybe he knows more about it, and how it works?

Either that, or his side (Undertaker) has technology to do that, considering they had attained the genome, I'd assume they had technology already to use it with.
Haha as much as agree with this i would find it very hard for anyone to get DNA from that guy Little own Touch him with that personality :P, I honestly think at this point to many people are Overreacting or trying there best to be nitpicky about every little thing The show isn't perfect~.

You have to take into account the fact that this all takes place after a major Biological disaster. Ten years after one, to be precise. At such a time, blood samples would have been taken... It isn't hard to imagine that GHQ, being the (supposed) lead organization in the "relief effort", would be able to collect such a large amount of blood, is it? Blood = DNA. If they're purpose for doing so was to compile this database while researching this "Void Genom", then hell, they may be the one's responsible for this "Lost Christmas" virus... What better way for a Multinational Corporation to get such a sufficient amount of DNA while weakening a countries infrastructure?

... My hypothesis.

echan12101992 said:
Funeral Parlor (Name subject to change)

I see what you did there.
TammuzOct 22, 2011 1:57 AM
Oct 21, 2011 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
AGH-RMS said:

I see what you did there.

Glad somebody got it :]
El Psy Congroo!
roflrangrlolOct 21, 2011 10:58 PM
Oct 21, 2011 11:29 PM

Feb 2010
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/7fea3ae5.gif
Why is he looking away? That's completely unrealistic.
Oct 22, 2011 12:16 AM

Oct 2010
Rhypo-oniichan said:

Yeah but he is taking glimpse so to speak

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 22, 2011 12:47 AM

Mar 2009
dear god no please tell me they did not just pull the transfer student shows up at the end of the episode cliche wtf noitamina.
Oct 22, 2011 12:48 AM

Oct 2011
Mormegil said:
dear god no please tell me they did not just pull the transfer student shows up at the end of the episode cliche wtf noitamina.

Once again, NoitaminA is a TV programming block, not a studio. Jeeze... Get it in your heads people.
Oct 22, 2011 12:49 AM

Nov 2010
SO GOOD.
Oct 22, 2011 1:01 AM

Mar 2009
BRSxIgnition said:
Mormegil said:

Once again, NoitaminA is a TV programming block, not a studio. Jeeze... Get it in your heads people.

Yeah. I'm well aware of that. Too bad Guilty Crown feels absolutely nothing like your typical anime that airs on the Noitamina TV block.
Oct 22, 2011 1:10 AM

Oct 2011
Mormegil said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Mormegil said:

Yeah. I'm well aware of that. Too bad Guilty Crown feels absolutely nothing like your typical anime that airs on the Noitamina TV block.

I guess it's just what they have to do. There's simply more otaku than there is fujioshi/anime-conisuers. They need to make money, and their previous shows weren't bringing in the moola.

I hope that the BRS anime does not end up like more of the OVA. It would be great if it took that kind of idea, but made it much, much more serious, and much less moe. Seems like it might, but not sure atm..
Oct 22, 2011 1:37 AM

Aug 2011
Rhypo-oniichan said:

We've already established that he doesn't have any balls. What pleasure would he get in checking out her ass?
Oct 22, 2011 1:43 AM

May 2010
The laser bounce scene was awesome and yeah, the infamous new transfer student at the end of the episode was there. -_-

I'm glad that it improved from the last ep although I'm expecting more from the storyline.

I'm not complaining about the fanservice but when they show it in an obvious way, it kinda ruins the mood so I hope they'll tone it down a bit.

Also, the OP from supercell seems good.
StormViruzOct 22, 2011 2:04 AM
Oct 22, 2011 2:13 AM

Feb 2011
Luka Megurine!! ♥♥♥
Oct 22, 2011 2:47 AM

Feb 2009
personally I liked the first epd better, but this epd was enjoyable at times. Inori makes up for the lack of fanservice, so I'm not going nuts over that.
Oct 22, 2011 3:29 AM

Nov 2008
Come on, noitaminA, you can do better than this! The fact that the fanservice was the best part of this episode (besides the artwork and soundtrack, of course) goes to show how average I think it is plot-wise, and I don't care for any of the characters, apart from the eye candy they deliver.

This is easily the second worst show I am watching this season (after Phi Brain). I will drop this as soon as gg release a Penguindrum episode on schedule.

I will continue with Phi Brain for two reasons

1) Phi-Brain airs on Sunday, so doesn't interfere with penguins. This airs on Friday, and the 720p version doesn't release until it's too late for me to download it. The 360p releases at a reasonable time, but watching a 360p version of an anime where the only redeeming quality is the artwork? lolno.

2) Phi-Brain crosses the "so bad, it's good" line. Guilty Crown doesn't. Nothing more entertaining than a ridiculous "serious business" anime to keep you amused.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 22, 2011 3:35 AM

Jul 2010
dany_elle1908 said:
is a simple solution all...if u don't like the anime don't watch it ...i do that with many
i check 1-2 episodes i see i don't like and drop looking for another but i don't come here commenting each minutes of it
oh ya i kinda dislike the opening song
I am far from a hater, but your comment downright denigrates the intelligence of the human race. As the French philosophes maintained, there is nothing in the world that should not be left unquestioned. You can counter another's criticism with a logical argument of your own.The internet,however, is a democratic and free society, everyone has a right to express their opinion as long as it does not infringe the rights of others.It's just as you don't tell others to live in another country just because they disagreed with how it's run.That said, I am giving episode two 8/10. Stunning opening. Interesting characters and some fairly original concepts, especially how mech pilots can pilot in a cockpit external to the actual mech. Some excellent animation and fighting scenes. That said, my criticism coincide with some of the others: it's ridiculous how Gai knew exactly what sort of weapon Shu can get from Daryl and utilized it as part of his plan. Unless this is explained, this show will surely go downhill due to flawed military strategies. The only reason why there is such a diverse reaction , in my opinion, is because people are anticipating Guilty Crown to be an even better anime than Code Geass--expectations which may cause some let downs, especially due to a certain minor flaw I have mentioned before, and due to a repetition of certain themes utilised in Code Geass.I can understand their frustrations.Otherwise, for now, I have not much problem with the show. It was a job well done.

Oct 22, 2011 3:42 AM
Nov 2009
Question, im thinking of picking this up but only if there is gonna be some kind of romance, but it isnt tagged as such so thats why im asking here.

thanks
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.