Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2011 10:32 PM

Oct 2007
Subs are out, subs are out.. time to rewatch ^^
Oct 17, 2011 11:15 PM

Sep 2007
Yousei Teikoku OP and Faylan ED? I approve.
Oct 17, 2011 11:26 PM
Aug 2011
Found the sub finally on watchanimeon. ...Seems this one takes a while to get subbed. Kind of a pain but it adds to the anticipation.

Purple haired crazy bitch, though I don't know many purple haired people who are not crazy. Not a bad episode.

Kind of wish First would grow a pair, seems too whiny and surprised all the time. Though I guess you would be whiny if you did nothing in your life and had that dropped on ya.
Tired_SmurphOct 17, 2011 11:36 PM
Oct 18, 2011 12:17 AM
May 2009
hmm anyone see the entry in yuno's diary? It is just me or is it a little different in the anime then the manga? Could this mean that they may change a certain scene?
Oct 18, 2011 12:17 AM

Oct 2008
Disappointed. The first episode was much better. This whole thing was way too rushed, and the new characters were not interesting one bit. Also, the main character is the most generic cliche character which doesn't help either.

I also loved how 100 bombs exploded, and you could see people lying dead on the floor, yet no one seemed to give a flying fuck.

Really, the only character i like is the Yandere, but even she's a bit annoying.

Maybe it's because i had higher expectations, but i really expected this show to be more dark.
Oct 18, 2011 12:18 AM

Feb 2010
Oooh, I still can't get over how much I love the opening. The scenes taking place during the eins, zwei, drei verses of the song are especially memorable, but my favorite part is definitely everything about the Yuno v. Yuno fight at the end. Fantastic.

Dr_Smurph said:
Kind of wish First would grow a pair, seems too whiny and surprised all the time.

Hmmmmmm, that is a possibility. You'll never know! might find out eventually ^^
Oct 18, 2011 12:18 AM

Oct 2010
buajajajajaja they so deserved to blow up... Yuno never fails to disappoint.
I hope they can keep up like this for the next 24 ep ^^
choyosOct 18, 2011 12:23 AM
huh?
Oct 18, 2011 12:25 AM

Apr 2010
ubergeneral said:
hmm anyone see the entry in yuno's diary? It is just me or is it a little different in the anime then the manga? Could this mean that they may change a certain scene?

You mean the final message after things settle down?
Oct 18, 2011 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
Man when the bombs started to go off i had such a Deadman wonderland Vibe going on it was insane~,yuno Going into crazy over drive mode was pretty cool.

but man the students sure are fickle at this school first they hand him over without a thought then the second there safe they start helping him (kinda like people in the real world).

side question should i read the manga? from the looks of it fans are saying these parts were done way better in it.
Oct 18, 2011 12:43 AM

Feb 2010
ubergeneral said:

Are you talking about that last HAPPY END diary entry?

mirainikki.jpg

結ばれる is still part of the potential future, if that's what you're implying.
sexijiOct 18, 2011 1:22 AM
Oct 18, 2011 12:46 AM

Nov 2008
Yuno running forcing the bombs to explode made me fall madly for her to the point I had to kick the score score of the show up. She's so much win!!
Oct 18, 2011 12:57 AM

Oct 2009
Ok I like.

By the way, I thought it was common knowledge that if a bomb exploded, it won't explode again. So why can't they just stay in an area where a bomb had already gone off?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2011 1:10 AM

Feb 2011
Yukki is the kind of wimp that'll be likable because of Yuno, he's fine the way he is. I'm not gonna whine about him being a wimp.

The era where psychos rule
Mooar Minene and Yunoooo!!
Oct 18, 2011 1:13 AM

Feb 2010
Oh i forgot about the heartbomb , well that explain why 4th didnt try to shoot direct to her.
Oct 18, 2011 1:13 AM

Sep 2009
> side question should i read the manga? from the looks of it fans are saying these parts were done way better in it.

fanatic manga fans always say it ))). I loved the manga but I have no pretensions to adaptation so far.
Oct 18, 2011 1:14 AM

Feb 2010
katsu044 said:

side question should i read the manga? from the looks of it fans are saying these parts were done way better in it.

Not really , they only skip one thing in this part , well they skiped one smart thing yukki did , making him seems more of a failure in the anime lol.
Oct 18, 2011 1:18 AM

Oct 2010
Knave said:
Disappointed. Maybe it's because i had higher expectations, but i really expected this show to be more dark.
It will get dark. I read ahead in the manga. You will shit in your pants as it moves on.
Not telling you what but I got mindfucked so that's enough of being said. Patience will reward you and dropping this will make you wish the craziest mindfuck I had in a long time. Maybe since Perfect Blue I would say.

Yeah I need translations too. What does the writing mean here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/1fcd4d9d.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/8c055609.jpg
can't read it at all other than heavens I guess one of them.

Same here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/4b4bb6b3.jpg
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/d42175ce.jpg
any meanings?

I am curious to know what does the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/ea8eb8c6.jpg
represent other than typical death. Skulls mean anything and especially the big one that is red.

Also who freaked out for the following,
c81346c6.jpg
I know I did, that smile is creepy as hell.
Yumekichi11Oct 18, 2011 1:33 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 18, 2011 1:46 AM

Apr 2009
Damn i like this anime. First off the OP is great. As for the episode, i suspected the teacher was the serial killer when they said he was absent. Yuno is even more insane than i thought, sacrificing the students like that.lol. Only topped by the Minene naturally trying to take Yukiteru out. I was almost certain Minene would die this episode the way things were going.lol. Im surprised the Minene didn't realize Yuno was a diary owner sooner considering the way Yuno barged in the room to stop her. We know that peace between the Keigo and Yukiteru won't last forever.lol. I like how the ED is done explaining the connections between the first and second episode. Overall, it was a great episode. 4/5
Oct 18, 2011 3:04 AM
Dec 2007
Oh God, the amount of spoilers in the OP is just terrifying. Anyway, great episode that adapts almost flawlessly the manga (and I for one love Yuno's voice but not Yukkii's one - well, he's not my favourite character so it doesn't really matter). The only downside is the direction which is far too fast and not always that good.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 18, 2011 3:05 AM
Jul 2010
TeneRobert said:
It somehow resembles death note.

*somehow*, everything resembles death note -_-"
If you're going to pull that one, lets say that the op is like szs as well. except SERIOUS LOL~

I am really happy. the op had me laughing in tears with embarrassment the first time I saw it, but rewatched, and yeah, DEUS EX "COME AT ME BRO" MACHINA was PERFECT OMG. The more I rewatch the better it gets!!~~

I think the spoil in the op is fine, because it'll make first time viewers think "OH MAYBE?...BUT MAYBE NOT!? *inner turmoil* " Which is exactly what the entire manga had us going with.

As for the atmosphere, true, the kiss wasn't half as glorious as intended I think, but isn't that fine? It still works well.

I can't wait to see more, it's looking so amazing! I was so worried it'd ruin the entire series for me, but so far it's looking brilliant whahah!<3
Oct 18, 2011 3:06 AM

May 2010
I dig the OP so hard. Man, I am really enjoying this. It's always lovely when an adaption of a manga you enjoy isn't a shitfest. I forgot this happened so early in the show, so it was great getting reintroduced to the characters. I'm so keen for the rest, aka Akise.
I really like the adaption so far, it's been too long since I've read the manga, so everything isn't quite new, but I can still look forward to the badass bits. And ninth, (ninsu hee) is wonderful, I love her.
Fucking ENJOY.

But whats the deal with gotwoot calling her murmur instead of murumuru. do not want.
Oct 18, 2011 3:47 AM

Oct 2010
Jacut said:
The only downside is the direction which is far too fast and not always that good.
I don't agree. If they can crunch up more stuff not from the manga but informative on its own then so be it to make a fast pace. So far reading the manga at the same time, the pacing was exactly like it was in the chapter so I don't see a downside to this at all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 18, 2011 4:00 AM
Feb 2010
A great and thrilling episode.

Yumekichi11 said:
Jacut said:The only downside is the direction which is far too fast and not always that good.
Oct 18, 2011 4:04 AM

Feb 2010
Yuki sucks. What a fail excuse for a protagonist.

Yuno should be the main character.

Oct 18, 2011 4:08 AM

Oct 2008
scrotey said:
But whats the deal with gotwoot calling her murmur instead of murumuru. do not want.

If you look at her sequence in the OP, the text behind her says Murmur.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Oct 18, 2011 4:21 AM

Apr 2011
That OP is so sexy. I really like it and man, after these two episodes I've completely fallen for Yuno. She's just way too damn awesome.
Oct 18, 2011 4:23 AM

Aug 2011
heiismyhusbando said:
It's not a spoiler for those who haven't read the manga.

LOOL!!! XD
but anyways, nice, chilling episode, the pacing is quite fast, as (all credit to yumekichi11!! :D) readin the manga, so it is quite far ahead IMO.
but thats a good thing, the pacing needs to be like this to keep the suspense action!!!
but man, did that Bullseye HURT!!! >_
Oct 18, 2011 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
Opening is so awesome that I replayed quite a number of times. Too bad they didn't fit in the part where Yukiteru dodged the last bomb.
Yumekichi11 said:
c81346c6.jpg
donutsuOct 18, 2011 8:12 AM
Oct 18, 2011 4:38 AM

Dec 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

I am curious to know what does the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2010/ea8eb8c6.jpg
represent other than typical death. Skulls mean anything and especially the big one that is red.

It's a reference to the diary user Nr. 8

Yumekichi11 said:

Also who freaked out for the following

c81346c6.jpg

I sure did, because I am a big fan of muru muru :D
yuno6.jpg
Oct 18, 2011 4:49 AM

Aug 2010
Yuno was acting cute at the end... I liked it.
Oct 18, 2011 5:15 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was all kinds of awesome! Yuno is actually pretty cute when she's not being a freak. Ninth got away but she'll be back with an eye patch just like the OP showed.

Speaking of the OP. This was the first time I've seen it and it was killer! (pun intended). As some people already said, with the rock music and gory theme it reminded me of Deadman Wonderland as well.

The epilogue part is also pretty interesting. WE get some backstory on the other characters with info you might have missed while looking at Muru Muru being cute. If they keep this up this very well may be my favorite show (at least) this season! =D
OnyxthegreatOct 18, 2011 5:22 AM

Oct 18, 2011 5:23 AM

Jun 2009
I think, that the OP was terribly spoilerish, because
SPOILERS!!
SPOILERS!!
It shows death symbols for everyone who will die in the series and living characters for surviving (1st, 2nd and 9th)
Rusty knife for the Third;
Shooting revolver for the Fourth;
Bloody mutilated dolls for the Fifth;
Torn ball full of blood for the Sixth;
Some personal belongings tinted red for the Seventh;
Skull of the Eighth (as well as the skulls of her children);
Dead dog of the Tenth;
Glasses of the Eleventh;
Reflection of the Twelfth.
Also they have shown Murumuru with her chains, Yuno killing herself and Yukki saving Yuno.

Tried to hide the spoilers
AlexTruskOct 18, 2011 6:46 AM

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Oct 18, 2011 5:39 AM

Nov 2009
Stab her in the eye! Yahoo!
I'm enjoying this anime greatly :)
Oct 18, 2011 5:57 AM

Aug 2011
Finally a good anime again, among all that standard shit we've been seeing this year.
Oct 18, 2011 5:57 AM

Feb 2010
AlexTrusk said:
I think, that the OP was terribly spoilerish, because
SPOILERS!!
SPOILERS!!

Why...

Please use spoiler tags next time, I'm begging you...

Oct 18, 2011 5:59 AM

Jan 2009
MC: protect me

I am SO tired of pussy and inept MCs.
Dropped lol
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Oct 18, 2011 6:11 AM

Mar 2011
Epic episode, as expected =)
Oct 18, 2011 6:16 AM

Jun 2007
Synoptic said:
MC: protect me
Oct 18, 2011 6:44 AM

Jun 2009
kusotare said:
Why...
Please use spoiler tags next time, I'm begging you...

I've tried! They don't work anymore!..

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Oct 18, 2011 7:19 AM

May 2010
Ugh. The pacing doesn't seem right to me. :/
Anyway, still great episode. 4th and 9th showed up in just a single ep.
I liked the idea that their diaries have different capabilities.
With that, I'm expecting a much more strategic battle royale in the next episodes.
Also, Yuno is love!! :D
Oct 18, 2011 7:37 AM

Aug 2011
Idky, but I'm completely in love with Yuno's character! o; Can't wait for the next eps!
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Oct 18, 2011 7:48 AM

Jun 2007
For those curious, the pacing is about on par with the manga. It really did introduce these characters this fast.

So far the adaption has been very faithful with minimal cuts.
Oct 18, 2011 8:28 AM

Feb 2010
MarthX said:
For those curious, the pacing is about on par with the manga. It really did introduce these characters this fast.
So far the adaption has been very faithful with minimal cuts.

Good to hear!!

I loved this episode. Def a quality show!
Oct 18, 2011 8:37 AM
Nov 2010
Really good episode. Yes, they left out the last mine part and yes, they changed the kissing scene a little bit.

The manga did a really good job of providing a demented atmosphere, showing how insane things were by exaggerated expressions and such. If you don't believe me, read the chapter where Yuno decides to help Yukki and escapes from the classroom - she looks abso-freakin-lutely insane.

The kiss could have been better, simply because they didn't include the juxtaposition of craziness. In the manga, as they are kissing you see the burning hand of a classmate in the foreground - now THAT is what Mirai Nikk is all about. There are also a couple comments by Deus that are missed.

This is just minor nitpicking, like everyone else seems to be doing here. You have to understand that an anime will never/rarely live up to the manga - just like the book is always better than the movie. People will complain either way

Regardless, great episode and I'm looking forward to more.
Oct 18, 2011 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
Love the OP ... and yeah, the spoilers that were in it were not at all obvious to me, since I haven't read the manga. I did notice that spoiler list but avoided it ... wanna be surprised w this one :)

Yuno is HOT :D She's totally going on my waifu list. Yukki's luckier than he knows having such a devoted, sexy girl obsessed with him. Of course, this is anime world, all females are drawn unreasonably hot unless they have a reason to not be, female leads especially.

I was laughing aloud when she was running through the building trying to set off the bombs and kill as many classmates as possible ... go, you psycho yandere bitch, go! But most of the classmates seemed to survive Yuno's tantrum, at least enough of them to bombard the battlefield with textbooks. I felt a little sorry for the ones Yuno killed (if any) after they turned over to Yuuki's side, but I guess the chain of explosions convinced them to stop playing obedient hostages.

5/5, surprise hit of the season for me. Guilty Crown is up there too tho, I wonder which will turn out to be the better show.

P.S. Could someone PM me or something how he dodges the last mine in the manga? Everyone's been referring to it but nobody's said what he actually did ... it'd be nice if it was more than just dumb luck that saved him :P
Oct 18, 2011 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
2nd episode in and half the school is destroyed with half the student body dead. I can dig that.
Oct 18, 2011 9:56 AM
Jul 2010
Omniknight said:
What is with this year. Why are there so many anime that reek of quality this year?
Really... 2010-2011 will go down as the best year for anime
Fate/Zero
Mirai Nikki
Let alone having a killer anime for every season this year, we have two for fall!
Exactly what I was thinking. We got Madoka on Winter, Steins;Gate on Spring and... well, I didn't find anything specially good in the Summer season.
Either way, this really seems to be a great year, and this might just be the best season, with both Fate/Zero and Mirai Nikki.
Oct 18, 2011 10:01 AM
Sep 2011
Wow, the number of casualties is... quite shocking, especially since most of them were innocent students. And seeing how Yuno forced the bombs to explode resulting in killing even more students was disturbing as well.

Now I'm curious why Yuno seems to like Yukki that much, I'm sure there has to be a reason for it.

Also, the OP is probably my favourite of the season.
Oct 18, 2011 10:09 AM

Jun 2007
Blind_Guardian said:
Love the OP ... and yeah, the spoilers that were in it were not at all obvious to me, since I haven't read the manga. I did notice that spoiler list but avoided it ... wanna be surprised w this one :)
Yuno is HOT :D She's totally going on my waifu list. Yukki's luckier than he knows having such a devoted, sexy girl obsessed with him. Of course, this is anime world, all females are drawn unreasonably hot unless they have a reason to not be, female leads especially.
I was laughing aloud when she was running through the building trying to set off the bombs and kill as many classmates as possible ... go, you psycho yandere bitch, go! But most of the classmates seemed to survive Yuno's tantrum, at least enough of them to bombard the battlefield with textbooks. I felt a little sorry for the ones Yuno killed (if any) after they turned over to Yuuki's side, but I guess the chain of explosions convinced them to stop playing obedient hostages.
5/5, surprise hit of the season for me. Guilty Crown is up there too tho, I wonder which will turn out to be the better show.
P.S. Could someone PM me or something how he dodges the last mine in the manga? Everyone's been referring to it but nobody's said what he actually did ... it'd be nice if it was more than just dumb luck that saved him :P

He dodges the last mine because Minene was looking in the direction of it. Yukki notices that and calls her out on it before striking her with the dart.
Oct 18, 2011 10:14 AM

Apr 2011
It's just getting better and better. =)
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 25, 2011

198 by Wiziliz »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.