Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2011 9:13 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very cliche episode, nevertheless it was cute
Mon_DiamondOct 15, 2011 9:22 AM
May 30, 2012 6:04 PM

May 2012
An episode all about the power of friendship, and the effects of opiates on 14 year old girls. I can dig it.
Jun 2, 2014 10:33 PM

Jul 2013
It's been pretty clear from the gecko that these girls aren't the brightest bulbs in the room but my god did they reach new height's in this episode.

I laughed my ass of when Umi fell from the cliff and the other two morons just followed him.
Jan 31, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
Really? Ascot needs to be told AGAIN that he shouldn't get mad at people killing his friends if he uses them as slaves in battle? Ugh. The part where Umi was talking to Ascot had a lot of melodrama.

lol why did Umi get woken up so easily when it took forever for Fuu and Hikaru to wake up?

Hmm I was thinking the Rune-god would reveal itself in this episode, but I guess he's saving himself for later.

Dat slap tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2016 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
So, Ascot is just a really confused little kid being used, shocker right there.
I'm glad that Umi literally slapped some sense into him.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 22, 2017 1:59 AM

Nov 2011
Huh. Maybe I'm the only one here, but I really dug this episode. The girls definitely had a goof with the whole running off the cliff thing, but the scenario was generally interesting and there was this nice varied sense of danger with the incessent illusions and the combat toward the end.

It was pretty intense.

And well, after seeing so many ridiculous slaps in certain other older shows (Mobile Suit Gundam and Revolutionary Girl Utena come to mind) it was nice to see one that was warranted for a change.

The pace seems to be going a bit faster than I anticipated too, what with the next Rune being in sight.

Great fun that was. I'm quite pleased.
Dec 20, 2018 6:02 AM

May 2018
"Alright girls, we are dealing with an enemy that does illusions, lets be careful-hey, is that Clef? Hi Clef!"
At least Fuu had the presence of mind to be the least bit suspicious....

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 23, 2019 10:26 PM
Feb 2019
On the off chance that someone reads this thread more than once a year: does anyone have a link to the song playing at the beginning of the lizardmen fight (from when fake!Emeraude fires an energy beam to about when they discuss closing their eyes, about 1:30 or 1:40 in the episode)? It is way more kickin' than this show's OST usually is and I want to hear it by itself, but my google-fu isn't strong enough.
Oct 5, 2020 8:00 AM

Nov 2017
This episode was pretty corny, but I do like the message of "It's what's on the inside that counts" regarding Ascot's beast friends. They look scary, but they wouldn't do bad things unless he tells them to do so
Nov 28, 2021 6:45 PM

Mar 2019
Well, at least Ascot's finally learned about the power of friendship. Boy needs it.
Dec 15, 2021 4:18 AM
Mar 2019
My least favourite ep so far. Miraculous survival of many deadly falls and blatant ignorance of more illusions.. geez. By the way, Mokona has been storing a flying capsule in its forehead and they had to walk everywhere before. Who knows what other things Mokona stores?

Ascot was standing on a flying rock, he could have escaped Umi so easily.

That aside, I'm glad he finally got what Hikaru was already trying to explain to him last time. Phew.
Jul 1, 2022 1:23 AM

Jan 2020
I was expecting Umi's emotional outburst to result in a new spell. Instead she talk-no-jutsu'd Ascot into oblivion. Either way, I guess that's one less enemy.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 8, 2022 12:37 PM

Jan 2009
The first episode was promising but this is getting really bad at this point... How much longer till this gets interesting lol
Mar 2, 2023 10:06 PM

Jul 2021
The girls fell for an extremely obvious trap, and nothing really happened, worst episode so far. The ending stopped the episode from being fully terrible though, Ascott was getting to my nerves, so I'm glad he finally learned his lesson this time even if he had to be told twice, hopefully Zagato wont find out.
AzafuseKingToraMar 2, 2023 10:15 PM
Jul 3, 2023 3:46 PM
Nov 2015
Caldina uses her illusions on the and Umi convinces Ascot that maybe they could all be friends.
Jan 3, 9:12 PM
May 2018
I love the emphasis on friendship. Good friends make you want to do better, so you can be a better friend and a better you. And true friends should never make you do something bad or something you don't really want to do. it's sad that Ascot - who's just a boy - is being manipulated like this.
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't expect Umi to speed blitz the kid and then bitch slap him like that, haha. Loved the OST at the beginning of the fight with the illusionary lizards. That groove!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 11 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Dec 31, 2010

12 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.