Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 16, 2011 12:37 AM
Aug 2011
This just bumped up to a new level of weird. Dear lord leave Ringo alone.
Oct 16, 2011 5:54 AM

Apr 2011
Woah...I'm not sure what to say.

Looks like I'm not the only person who thinks that Yuri could be a transsexual/hermaphrodite.

I'm not sure how the whole thing about Momoka being Yuri's fated person works out - Momoka would have been pretty young when she died. Assuming that she actually did die, that is.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Oct 16, 2011 8:55 AM

Aug 2008
Oh my. They just turned mah Yuri into an awesome yet horrid character!

Now I understand what she meant by a fabulous max girls' night out. D:
Oct 16, 2011 10:34 AM
Dec 2007
That was simply fabulous max.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 16, 2011 11:12 AM

May 2010
Her name wasn't Yuri for nothing. XD
Kidding aside, I thought Yuri is Momoka coz I'm thinking that her monologue was referring to Sanetoshi.
This ep is confusingly amusing. :D
Oct 16, 2011 12:17 PM

Jun 2008
Yuri with Yuri
Oct 16, 2011 2:26 PM
Jun 2009
Shit is really hitting the fan. Yuri and ringo definitely came from left field and all my speculation is wrong
Oct 16, 2011 6:27 PM

May 2008
wait wot!

confusing as helll lost in words!
Oct 17, 2011 12:17 AM

Mar 2010
OOOOMMMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This episode; mindfuck from start to finish!
• Costar is a woman.
• Yuri is into yuri (Too many lols to this, I cannot stretch that enough)
• Yuri stole the other half of the diary.
• YURI LOVED MOMOKA?
• YURI DRUGGED RINGO?!?!(Which is pretty damn funny considering Ringo getting trolled by her own troll; seriously girl! You should know your sleeping drugs by now!!x'D)
AMAZZZINNGGGG EPISODE IN TOTAL!!
There hasn't been an episode this damn good in a while, I am extremely, extremely pleased!!
FABULOUS!!!!!!!♥

Oct 17, 2011 4:03 AM

Jul 2011
this anime is just getting creepier and creepier as it keeps airing...
Oct 17, 2011 5:58 AM

Aug 2011
So far the only family that is not tied together with other main characters is Natsume family.
SoshinraOct 17, 2011 6:13 AM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Oct 17, 2011 7:48 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
RainbowMagnet said:-Yuri just raped Ringo.
Oct 17, 2011 9:36 AM

Nov 2009
Wow... Amazed once again.I really didn't expect her to have any significance but i was tricked once again. She went from a side character to somebody much more important than Tabuki.
Oct 17, 2011 10:14 AM

Jun 2010
I have to say, this has been my favorite episode of Mawaru Penguindrum so far~ This anime keeps getting weirder and weirder, and, as a lover of all things strange and twisted, that pleases me a lot.

Not to mention that I've always thought that Yuri is a promising character, and what happened in this episode confirmed that. She's (or he, or maybe even it, if the theories of her being a hermaphrodite end up being true) slowly moving up my list, and unless the creators screw her up in the coming episodes, she'll probably stay a favorite character of mine.

Oct 17, 2011 5:34 PM

May 2009
E0O3M.jpg
I've got this burnin' like my veins are filled with nothin' but gasoline.
Oct 17, 2011 5:42 PM

Aug 2010
Jacut said:
That was simply fabulous max.
Oct 17, 2011 6:15 PM

Dec 2008
OptimisticPrime said:
E0O3M.jpg

yep that about sums it up
RAEP!!!!...and its yuri...the best kind
Oct 17, 2011 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
well, there goes the theory that Yuri is Momoka XD I thought Yuri's secret is that she's a lesbian (judging by how she was sleeping with that actress who has Ed's voice that I cannot unhear xD), and thinks Momoka is her soul mate.... Maybe her body has scars or something that ppl think are ugly, but Momoka thought she was still beautiful.

What doesn't make sense to me though, is that Momoka died when she was 7. If Yuri's secret is indeed her sexuality, would her and Momoka really discuss it when they were both 7 (before puberty)?!

Also, when Yuri first met Ringo, she was all like "Hmph, Tabuki's mine, you can't compete" to her, and now we find out she's pretending Ringo is Momoka? Seems a bit of a 180-turn.

And I wonder what Kanba's shady-looking gang does to get him money...
MapleRoseOct 17, 2011 9:01 PM
Oct 17, 2011 10:49 PM

Aug 2009
This anime is turning out to be pretty...weird. :-)

Anyways, did anyone else notice how Yuri kept dodging the question of why she married Tabuki? I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason Yuri got close to him is to get close to Ringo who reminded her of Momoka.

It's worth noting that whenever Ringo tried to stalk Tabuki by following the diary, Yuri would always show up. It's as if Yuri was also guided by "fate".

Also, given that the contents of the diary are all in first person, no wonder everyone wants to get their hands on it. ;-)
Oct 18, 2011 6:50 AM
Dec 2008
this anime never fail to amaze me ....btw yuri is up to her name XD
Oct 18, 2011 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
prismheart said:
Wow, Yuri might actually have a dick.

this made me LOL, and it's probably true.
Oct 18, 2011 10:54 AM

Jun 2011
StormViruz said:
Her name wasn't Yuri for nothing. XD
Kidding aside, I thought Yuri is Momoka coz I'm thinking that her monologue was referring to Sanetoshi.
This ep is confusingly amusing. :D

this is exactly what i was consuidering as well. maybe something transformed momoka's body on the day of the explosion but what was up with yuri wanting ringo to turn into momka so badly then. hmmmm...i want it to be friday already so i can get the scoop.
Oct 18, 2011 10:56 AM
Jun 2011
Sky-senpai said:
Jacut said:That was simply fabulous max.
Hi.
Oct 18, 2011 2:00 PM
Jun 2011
Btw, who was that who picked up the diary when it was dropped from the hospital by ringo aka Natsume's accomplice? I guess the guy she was talking on the phone with was Sanetoshi so was there another mystery woman or was the diary picked up by her with the hair in a bun before proceeding to the basement?

I'm eagerly awaiting next episode which will give me few answers and even more questions... almost wishing I started on this crazy anime only after it finished.
Oct 19, 2011 9:15 AM

Jun 2011
I also doubt that Yuri's secret is being a hermaphrodite. That'd be just too simple for Mawaru Penguindrum.
And Momoka starts to gets on everyone's nerves, I guess. She's smth like a saint angel who was twisting everyone's lives, no wonder Ringo wishes to be her so much. ^^'

Btw, suddenly I thought that Momoka's reincarnation is actually Himari. Or at least the penguin princess who controls her body. o.o
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Oct 19, 2011 9:43 PM

Apr 2010
It's going to take a little longer for the new episode to be translated.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 21, 2011 6:16 PM
Sep 2011
Well, I just know that I can't wait for what's coming next. It really took me for suprise this "mini" lesbian act from yuri. but anyways. :p
Oct 22, 2011 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
Yuri's biggest secret is obviously her being yuri.
Damn, I wanted to atleast see the kiss before it ended. :V
Nov 6, 2011 5:04 PM

May 2009
Ringo crying was so darn cute! She reminds me of me when I get upset with myself. So cute.

And omfg Yuri...well, actual yuri lol. I did NOT think I was gonna get a show like that. Wooooow. Like, I'm so freaking surprised. I knew there was something weird about Yuri, but wow, I did not expect that at all.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Nov 6, 2011 9:48 PM

Jun 2011
OwaruSekai said:
A snippet from Ikuhara's twitter post prior to the airing of the first episode:
"All of you have enjoyed making your predictions. Now, I'll tell you the truth. Yes. Just as all of you have predicted all along: 'The "Penguin Drum" is a peach-colored washing machine.'

↑ THIS. I am thinking of this too when I saw this 1 sec CG cut from the episode..

As I know, "Mawaru" is a word for spinning. "drum" is word that could mean washer in Japan. Penguin or "Pingu" in japanese pronounciation can be a mix of PIN from Pinku/ Pink, and GU from Penguin. This could really mean that the penguindrum is a pink washer. The only question is... what exactly is the importance of this washer? What could be it's relation to Himari and Yuri and Natsume? It is said in the pic that Yuri "uses" a spinning drum machine, and the Natsume corporation happened to be the one manufacturing it. This makes me think about a lot of things. Hmmn.
Momo-HimeNov 6, 2011 9:53 PM
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Nov 10, 2011 5:41 AM

Aug 2007
Haha, Yuri: 'Think you can satisfy a woman with those moves?' Wait, body secret of Yuri? Someone started throwing around Greek myths, so perhaps Yuri is a hermaphrodite? I keep wondering of whom Kanba gets the money and why. Oh, wait, perhaps he's indeed a 'player' and that's why he gets those phonecalls all the time.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 16, 2011 3:07 PM

Feb 2009
Mind-fuck overdose much? So another one wants the diary for some romantic/crazy reason... I do wonder what's up with Yuri's body, wouldn't Tabuki know?

I did think of hermaphrodite... next ep will tell, probably.
Dec 3, 2011 8:20 AM

Dec 2009
I'm probably the only one not angry at Shouma for making Ringo cry :/

After all, it's not like she's some goody-two-shoes herself.. In the show she's done some kind of mean stuff to him to, so yeah.

On the note of Shouma's reaction, it makes sense with his character. He's obviously not mad at her but himself, and I can feel for him.

Orulyon said:
So now everyone is blaming Shouma just because he had an emo moment? give me a break people. He only wanted to get away from her because he dont want Ringo to suffer. ofc, he doesnt know that she is in love with him, otherwise he wouldnt walk away.
After all the shit Ringo did to him during almost half of the entire anime and he:
- Saved her life [because he likes her, but didnt realized yet]
- and changed her crazy way of living obsessed by Tabuki and Momoka[so Ringo could live being herself].
The guy is on the verge of a mental breakdown. His sister is always dying. He´s brother is in illegal dark stuff and rarely is near to him. His parents were murderers (and all their other family ran away from them because of that).
Shouma makes Ringo cry once and now everyone hates him and calls him stupid and bastard.
oh men, what a world.

And Yuri must be an hermaphrodite. After all, her "friend" told her that "are you not afraid of breaking out with me? only i know the secret of your body".
So probably she has boobs and a dick.
Lets hope im wrong, because she has Momoka´s diary, which contains project Maternity. That means she can definitely make Ringo pregnant.

To the first part: That's what I'm saying. Jeez, people calm down, Shouma's going through some stuff, give hims some slack. He doesn't deserve this hate just because "OMGHEMADERINGOCRYOMG!" -_-"

To the Second part: What most people see in anime about intersex people isn't true, lol. Intersex (Or as used her 'Hermaphrodites") people don't have the body of a woman/man and the genitalia of the other. It usually works like this: They tend to have androgynous features and both genitalia. They also happen to be sterile.

Idk much about intersex people other than what I watched on a show (I think it may have been Oprah) once, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p

Point ism IF Yuri is intersex I don't think she could make Ringo pregnant.

I'm guessing the secret with her body has to do with what happens in the next ep :p
ROLLCAKEDec 3, 2011 8:59 AM

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Dec 19, 2011 9:25 AM

Aug 2008
This episode just didn't - couldn't stop flooring me with the stuff I saw. I knew there was more to Yuri below the surface, but she's actually quite twisted. And I don't mean that because she's bisexual either. She's just a mentally broken woman. What could possibly be so wrong with her body that someone could try to blackmail her about it. For a sec I was thinking it was because she was a hermaphrodite, but given how conservative Japanese culture is, relatively, it's probably something much less shocking.

I'm not putting anything past this show at this point, though I do wonder who, if anyone is going to save Ringo at this point. Oh Shouma, you couldn't possibly have picked a worse time to be callous.

Dec 21, 2011 10:49 AM

May 2008
i never thought that there will be "yuri" scene in this anime "XD
Dec 30, 2011 8:08 AM

Sep 2011
Yuri huh? That's a fitting name......
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 25, 2012 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
Oh!!!! MAH!!! GAWD?!?!?!?!

WHAT THE!!!??? AHHH!!!!

*deep breathing* Relax, AirStyles... Yuri just took Ringo out for a healing trip... Very normal... And then she put some medicine to help her sleep so she won't think about Shouma... and then she undress her because it's too warm and she's sweating hard... Nothing bad... And then... AHHHH!!!

This can't be innocent, Ringo's ganna get raped by Yuri!!!

OMG!!

that was my reaction toward the scene. My mouth was wide open from the moment Yuri drugged her till the credit role.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2012 12:03 PM

Jul 2011
Mikonata said:
Yuri's biggest secret is obviously her being yuri.
Damn, I wanted to atleast see the kiss before it ended. :V

that's what i thought too. No mystery at all there. and maybe she doesn't want people to know, maybe even she finds it weird and something unnatural. which is why he engagement with tabuki is supposedly fake and the girl she was sleeping with was threatening her. Maybe one of her weakness is hiding her sexual preference. idk. just speculating, but i dont think she's actually a hermaphrodite or that she's a guy.
Feb 7, 2012 9:12 PM

Sep 2009
Bwaaaaaaahaha
It was sometime during their conversation, at the first hints of creepy obsession,
where I just thought "omg Ringo! Her name is Yuri O_O runnnnnn!"
Oh but how the twisted cycle continues =D
Mar 15, 2012 4:26 AM

Oct 2011
now the name yuri makes a lot more sense - everything's turned inside out: beauty becomes lies, fate's despised, and all who were once clean have become soiled - funny how love can turn to obsession, which turns to rage, which turns to hate (the mirror and sibling of lost love) - mawaru penguindrum captures all the facets of unmei in such an amazing way - the darkness and light and the loss of true sight.....what will happen?
Apr 13, 2012 7:08 PM

Sep 2008
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, Mamiko Noto never ceases to surprise.
Best character in this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2012 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty good episode!

That scene between Shouma and Ringo was awesome!
And holy shit, that lady is twisted! :D
Jul 18, 2012 5:17 AM

Jan 2012
boner achieved
Jul 23, 2012 9:29 AM

Jan 2008
Oh, uh..haha Yuri wasn't named Yuri for nothing, I guess. xD I somehow saw it coming at the beginning of the episode.
But seriously, people...Momoko was in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. She must have been some freakin' goddess to be admired that badly. xD It's a bit freaky that she's always depicted as if she already had a fleshed-out character like that of an adult.

(Ringo if this is "divine retribution"...someone up there must be VERY angry with you ;_;)

Also, the scarves that Himari wanted to throw away...Double-H have them in the ED at least.
SaorinJul 23, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 31, 2012 2:17 PM

Apr 2011
With the diary and Tabuki and now Yuri's feelings for her, you'd think Momoka wasn't a 10 year old when she died
Aug 19, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2012
I totally called it:D
Aug 23, 2012 8:06 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, just wow.
Sep 20, 2012 1:17 PM

Mar 2012
So that's why her name is Yuri...
Oct 18, 2012 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
lol What's with all the drugging in this show? :3
Oct 26, 2012 2:43 PM
Jan 2012
What the... Shouma is such a dick -_-
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.