Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 22, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
LOL yeah sure Kittan does not manage to hit that pussy Rossui, sure whatever... Wow they fucked up these characters so hard, nothing doesn't even make sense anymore. I'm really really disappointed in this second half so far, I'm not sure even Yoko can save this mess anymore.
Nov 27, 2015 10:55 AM

Aug 2012
Man I'm starting to badly miss the fast-paced, actioned-packed and epic old times. This politics drama is not necessary, as it wasn't the reason why I loved this anime
I hate when anime suddenly changes it's focus
Dec 16, 2015 11:18 AM
Aug 2012
The anime is much better now, it's darker now, the same happened with Harry Potter and Hunter X Hunter. And I think this is great!

Rossui and the citizens forgot that thanks to Simon they have a city to live in the first place, sometimes freedom comes with a price and brings new enemies, you have just to keep fighting.

But they prefer not to risk their lives and keep living in the shit with no freedom, it's not a good logic.
Dec 21, 2015 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
Such an annoying character we got here, hope you disappear soon Rossiu..
Feb 17, 2016 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
Kinon and the whole Kamina City now follows Rossiu?
This has to be the biggest NTR ever!

F*ck Rossiu. I hope Simon and Viral drill the sh*t out of him! >:(
Apr 24, 2016 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
Damn why Nia?!, i'm starting to hate Rossiu, but the plot is getting much better, its addicting now.
Great episode.
Jul 23, 2016 11:09 PM
Mar 2016
rossiu is frustrating me to the point where i wanna stop watching. but im here for this simon and vittal reunion. hope they team up and take down this narcissist.
Sep 20, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
Seeing Kamina's statue fall down was heartwrenching.
Rossiu's plan was pretty clever, he's still an asshole but that was really intelligent.
So Viral is in the same prison a Simon... I call jail break.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Oct 30, 2016 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Rossiu...I understand where you are coming from, but you make my blood boil. I also don't like how the shows creators try to pass if off as a noble sacrifice via Nions actions (her slap of her brother is so wrong I cannot even begin to say something about it).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 24, 2016 9:53 PM

Jul 2015
My guess is wherever Yoko was for those 7 years, she'll probably find some way to break Simon and Viral out of that jail. She needs to hurry up and come back so that my Simon x Yoko ship will sail already :C

Am I the only one weirded out by the fact that despite all that, Kinon still called her brother "onii-chan"? lol..

caught in the wonder
Dec 28, 2016 7:29 AM

Jan 2013
Kinon's boob physics though.
I call jail break incoming, maybe Yoko will finally make an appearance again.
Dec 29, 2016 4:50 AM

Dec 2016
Man Rossiu is a prick, hoping for a viral/simon team-up!
Jan 6, 2017 6:06 AM

Feb 2016
This reminds me a bit of the tenuous relationship between Reinhard/Kircheis and Oberstein.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Apr 3, 2017 11:54 PM

Aug 2014
This part seems to be all about how much Rossiu can piss off the audience, wtf happened? He went from a nice and likeable character too a complete asshole.
Apr 18, 2017 6:07 PM
Mar 2017
cuntologics said:
A midst all the small talk about how interesting and how logical Rossiu's actions are...
Seriously, Fuck him.
I began watching this show from since this morning and believe me, I'm pissed.
I don't care how great a character he professes and shows to be, within all this B.S, he's a dick.

I hope someone kills him,

totally feel ya, i got a NTRish feel from this one as well. i dont like that feeling.
May 20, 2017 3:31 AM

Dec 2016
Simon has finally accepted that Nia is no longer herself, I doubt he will give up on her though.

Oh no they knocked down the Kamina statue.

Simon in jail with an old rival, things should get very interesting.
Jun 24, 2017 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
I actually can't believe what Rossiu is planning to do...

Simon meeting Viral in prison, that could get interesting. And I also can't wait for Yokos return.

While I thought that the first part of this show was great, I can already say that the second one will be even better, just from the build up so far. I'm fucking exited.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2017 4:53 AM

Jan 2015
Can't believe I still am watching this series

This has become from great to shitty so fast. I can't stand even only one character. Everyone is so annoying that it hurts my enjoyment so much
Jul 9, 2017 3:25 PM

May 2016
Nia's evil, the Kamina statue has been toppled, Simon sentenced to death and Gurren Lagann about to be scrapped... Everything that was shown in the first half is more or less a lie now ;-;

Rossiu became what he feared the most and it's despicable even when the situation's been controlled with precision. Can't help but want Kittan to land a blow on him for doing all that and strapping her sister to a deathtrap even though she wanted to.

As if Giga Drill Break wasn't enough, there came MAXIMUM lol. The explosion was just beautiful and Spiral Bomber + Tornado Shield was impressive I have to admit.

I can't believe that I'm so happy to see Viral lmao
They're gonna break out!

Sep 19, 2017 8:12 AM
Jan 2016
Darry is all grown up now, dat ass shot.
Nov 10, 2017 3:52 AM

Aug 2015
Oh my God, Rossiu is pissing me off. I do understand the reasons for his actions, but he could stop acting so cold and all high and mighty. Hope he gets what he deserves later.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Dec 17, 2017 5:53 AM
Oct 2017
This time skip destroyed most of the things i was really enjoying about this show, it's such a drag right now but im feeling confident ill love it again by the end

I can understand rossiu, i hate him so much, but i understand him.. he has his reasons and they make sense. but this show isnt really about sense in my opinion! hoping next episode is when things start getting good again since viral is back in the picture
Jan 23, 2018 12:38 PM

Dec 2009
Fuck Rossiu.

Human nature is quite deceitful and sinister when faced with hardship
Apr 17, 2018 9:00 AM

Jan 2015
I want to rewatch now the episode of Rossiu's debut and the episode when Kamina died to see his expression. I can't stand at how he changed wtf.
Yoko where are you? We need you asap.
Viral and Simon at the end, though
May 8, 2018 11:55 AM

Dec 2014
I hate rosshio more and more... I guess his character bugs me doing all the wrongs for the sake of humanity... Seriously I hate these type of guys more than villains them selves due to their obsessed ideology
Nov 1, 2018 8:01 PM

Mar 2013
Rossiu is such an insufferable character ... Meanwhile everyone that ever supported Simos is like... "oh that's wrong.. but we won't do shit about it" >_>
Nov 18, 2018 8:49 AM

Apr 2018
Man I hate Rossiu. Even though he tries to do the right thing, he's not really doing it in a good way.

But now, with Viral in the cell next to Simon, I bet they'll escape together and rescue humanity somehow.
I'm excited to see all this going down.
Apr 16, 2019 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
kinon is best girl
Apr 21, 2019 7:25 PM

Feb 2017
This show is totally falling out for me in the second arc. This was probably my least favourite episode of the whole series so far. I can't stand the government angle to the story now. After watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the attempts at political and military drama here are embarassing.
Apr 25, 2019 5:52 AM
Jun 2010
Kinon pissed me off more than Rossiu.
May 26, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2016
Rossiu is one of the most irritating characters I have seen
OptigisaJun 9, 2019 2:39 AM
Jun 7, 2019 5:26 PM

Mar 2016
I think Rossiu is playing his scapegoat card prematurely. The actual big catastrophe hasn't happened yet, and if he really has a plan to prevent it, or at least mitigate it, throwing Simon away at this point seems like a dumb move, especially if he plans on securing power over evacuated people both underground and in space. I mean if it's just a way to stop riots he could easily have scapegoated anyone else, but the leap in logic the masses have to want his head is so irrational that I must give the anime props for understanding the power of sacrifice. Not that I expect any of this to come to anything.
syncrogazerJun 9, 2019 7:27 AM
Jun 9, 2019 3:47 AM

Jul 2016
@syncrogazer Fine, I edited it. Now edit your comment so no more people can get spoiled.
Jul 20, 2019 2:50 AM

Aug 2017
eski514 said:
This show is totally falling out for me in the second arc. This was probably my least favourite episode of the whole series so far. I can't stand the government angle to the story now. After watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the attempts at political and military drama here are embarassing.

Agreed. Rossiu is being portrayed as a highly utilitarian character, and I can't help but compare him to Oberstein from LOGH...and conclude that the latter is written much better. It takes a lot of effort to make a character which uses any means to achieve desirable ends likeable, and unfortunately Rossiu is not likeable (or even understandable) as of now. So far he looks like an arrogant bastard with strong authoritarian leanings and not much depth really. He broke the rules of his village and freed himself from that religious nonsense, teamed up with Simon and became his companion only to return to the same restrained legistic thinking 7 years later? This disregards his character development during the first arc completely, because it goes full circle. The timeskip is just a convenient plot device to give old characters a completely new personality without much justification for it. I really want to love this show, but this "government arc" is pretty annoying so far. Maybe it was meant to be, but I think it could've been made better. Anyway, there're a bunch of episodes left, so I still have hope for improvement.

Still waiting for Yoko to return. She was written off so that she could later return at any convenient time to save the day, right?
St0rmbladeJul 20, 2019 2:56 AM
Apr 13, 2020 6:35 PM
Dec 2017
MasterChief said:
we all need someone to hate don't we? =/
i bet yoko's gonna come and save the day!

Hopefully Yoko saves Simon and Viral and the 3 of them team up
Apr 24, 2020 1:04 PM
Jul 2019
I was looking for the ost that started in 17:40 in the fight scene anyone found it?
May 20, 2020 6:28 PM
May 2020
While Rossiu is set up to be the villain of this period, actually what he says is still the most logical (except for sentencing Simon to death and scrapping Lagann, that was just made contrivedly by the writers "for the evulz" since there was no real reason for either - after all, Lagann is a unique technological marvel and Rossiu and his peeps were all for studying and everything about spirals up to this point), and WOULD save humanity if the plan were to go right.

So, his character was made to be disliked on purpose and while they made his motives understandable they could have developed him more on the first arc if that was the purpose (we never got to see anything about his sacred book WITH A SPIRAL on it and yet there were fanservice episodes...)

While I realize his downfall is inevitable and some other commenters have said that too (thanks for the spoilers...) , I can end for the day on this episode as "cold logic wins over hotheaded emotion"; which would be the antithesis of that the first arc taught.

In fact, we can think Rossiu is a bigger villain than beastmen ever were the first 15 episodes, since they ended losing at the end of the episode every time and we sorta knew after a while they were just there to be destroyed; while Rossiu has been winning the political battle against the "hot headed" people for three episodes straight now, which seem completely impotent to stop him (absolutely nobody has even risen in arms when Simon is sentenced to death, if he was executed right away the series would have ended there... seems Rossiu was right about them getting complacent and being useless).

Also, the three episode names are Rossiu's quotes. And he also got to show he's probably much tougher than Kittan since Kittan is physically unable to hit him. Overall, even if they made him an unlikable character and that it's not all clear his intentions will really be the best (AKA is he evil all the way throught including being egotistic, or is he just "evil" for being a calculating, merciless pragmatist while also still altruistic and ascetic? Not evident yet), I appreciate that they also show he's not a wimp.
Fighter66May 20, 2020 9:39 PM
Jun 5, 2020 5:38 AM
Nov 2019
That son of a bitch. I really hate Rossiu.
Jul 29, 2020 10:51 PM
Dec 2019
Wow, Rossiu really is a bastard, huh? But such a well-written bastard. Every shitty thing he does has a "justification" for it (in quotes because it's his own sense of justice).
Aug 7, 2020 11:20 AM

Feb 2019
Although Rossiu has his right reasons I still hate him.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 29, 2020 4:07 AM
Jul 2019
Duuuude, what a bitch! Arrested for war crimes my ass. All of you were there helping him but noooo. You had to put all the blame on Simon since he's the one who killed Lordgenome and get away scot free. This is what I hate about human nature. If their instinct told them to survive, they will abandon all rationality and greed will take over. You enjoyed your life, but now you don't enjoy it. Now you're gonna blame the one who made it enjoyable because all the comfort disappeared. You should all be equally guilty, since it was your choice to join them in the first place. Fuck Rossiu. I don't care if I don't know him. That's not enough reason to justify what he did as a dick move.
Sep 16, 2020 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
The straw Technocrat Rossiu.

So now we wait for the Viral heel-face turn.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 24, 2020 2:05 PM
Oct 2019
This show has become shit. This episode was fucking trash. Don't even feel like continuing.

You go from Kamina to Rossiu. This is the fucking Rossiu un-Comedy Show now. All these characters have gone stupid.
Dec 31, 2020 5:03 PM

May 2020
Bruhh Rossiu needs therapy
Feb 12, 2021 1:49 AM

Feb 2020
Rossiu is so fricking based I can't believe it. Not sure why people say he got corrupted by power since we didn't see him do anything for his one sake yet. Maybe its because an actual grown-up in a shounen anime destroys the "epic, row row fight the power, believe in yourself and everything will work out"-illusion?

Seeing Kamina's statue being torn down was kinda sad though.
Feb 13, 2021 8:29 PM

Oct 2017
Ore o dare dato imote yaru?!!

Seriously, Rossiu ugh this dude just like that priest... First, he took Kamina's place in Gurren Lagann. Then he becomes the Advisor and actually controls the whole government from behind. And now, officially takes over the government by sentencing Simon to death. This is pissing me off... but that's the point of its character. He's just like that Priest. Ugh, Imma continue watching this.
KatsutoSakiFeb 13, 2021 9:00 PM
Oct 10, 2021 5:49 AM
Feb 2021
Kinon is an obsessive bitch and Rosiu is a trashy bastard who thought like he is above everyone and his words are an absolute. I cannot wait to see that f****r plan get messed up and come begging for the help of Simon. He can freaking die as well no one gonna mourn that dictator. Both of them can Rot in the hell.

Also I would love to see Simon and Viral teaming up.
Abysmal_Saint76Oct 10, 2021 5:53 AM
Oct 10, 2021 5:52 AM
Feb 2021
Where is Yoko BTW, I hope she will come soon and give good damn spanking to both of those treacherous good for nothing rotten couple Kinon and Rossiu.
Dec 16, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2020
Rossiu has really changed omg. Using Kittan's sister as a human bomb? Sentencing the guy who saved him 7 years ago to death? Power has really corrupted him. But is it weird that I don't hate him as much as others do here?

And as the person above me said, I too hope that Yoko reappears soon :'(

4/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Dec 17, 2021 11:44 AM
Nov 2020
Wellcome to prison, Supreme Commander Simon
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

broaz - Jul 29, 2007

194 by phantom346 »»
Mar 25, 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.