Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 11:18 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whee. They forgot one Daimon.
Jul 8, 2012 4:06 PM

Jan 2011
I'll admit, I got a little teary watching Chibiusa leave but I'm glad she ended up returning in the end.
I also loved the teaser that was given at the end of the episode..I love the Dead Moon Circus series.
Aug 18, 2013 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
It was a nice season overall, though it easily could've been better.
Also I won't forget episode 15, that was hilarious. I woudn't mind an entire season like that.
Oh well, I guess the 'S' movie is next..
Feb 11, 2014 2:18 PM
Mar 2013
Aww, Rini's going back home (or is she?) I'm going to miss her, but at least we have a new season to look forward to.

It's funny that Rini's farewell was so much more dramatic in this season than it was in the last season. Especially since everyone knows that Rini can come back anytime she wants to.

I love that last heart-snatcher though. Based heart-snatcher.

And in classic Sailor Moon style, Rini returns at the end of the episode. That ruined the drama that was built up during the entire episode. But whatever, I like her so it's cool ^_^

Onto the next season everyone!
Mar 29, 2014 12:26 AM
Aug 2013
Future Usagi full Hiragana letters is so hilarious :D :D
It was so nice ep, very nice season.

Super S here we go ^^
May 8, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2008
Chibiusa does realize that Usagi is her mom right?

Anyway NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! She's sticking around...

Despite that, give the series a 7/10 overall.
Mar 26, 2017 2:44 AM
Aug 2016
The thing I found quite funny in this season was that Sailor Moon didn't want to sacrifice anyone, as in give it her all to rescue the people with stolen pure hearts she didn't know at all. But she didn't care one bit that the girls from the witches 5 died. Nice one Usagi.
Jun 15, 2017 8:43 AM
Apr 2015
Sorry, but I think you're incorrect. Moon actually was shocked when Mimette died, and she had a sad expression when Telulu and Vilyui died, all the Inners did when the latter did. Eudial was off-screen (and I highly doubt Moon would have felt bad for her considering she almost got the Grail.
Jun 15, 2017 8:45 AM
Apr 2015
The only flaw with this episode (sadly Crystal fans tend to bash it) is that Masahiro Ando's art style (the animation was good though) started to deteriorate during here, and it went downhill in SuperS, to me anyways, and paint me crazy but I think Ando is overhated.

Another thing I find odd is the popularity rating this has, the best season of Sailor Moon, #942, is lower than Crystal 1-2, the worst media part of the Sailor Moon franchise, but that's just me.
Jul 18, 2017 7:55 AM
Nov 2015
emeraldrosary said:

It's funny that Rini's farewell was so much more dramatic in this season than it was in the last season. Especially since everyone knows that Rini can come back anytime she wants to.

Because everybody wants her out in R. She's such a brat there. Always ran away.
Because she really really shapes up here. She ran away once, this ep, but it's all understandable, and not through reasons like not eating fish, wetting bed, stealing the crystal broach, as in R.
Jul 18, 2017 7:58 AM
Nov 2015
I can really imagine Chibiusa's fanboys watching this and weeping in 1995.

Chibiusa's great in S. And the drama is good in this ep. Her attack is still lame though.

And the finale has been so so long that I actually was sooo damn glad a weak lame Daimohn appeared, and cried Love-Lovely when hit, AT LAST, by the big pink heart.
Jul 18, 2017 8:10 AM
Nov 2015
My favorite things:

1. Haruka and Michiru, in civilian mode, and Neptune and Uranus when their identities were still a mystery. (so disappointed that towards the end, they and Usagi's bunch didn't even hang out and talk normally anymore. And now they're gone!! at least drink some beer together please!!!)

2. Usagi (minus her naivite and idealism), such a good friend.
3. Ami, her water labyrinth episode rocks!!!
4. Rei - Minako - Mako: love the way the first half would give each their own 1 or 2 episodes, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE when the Senshi got their pure hearts pulled out!!!

5. Eugeal!!!! and the battle in Sagrada Familia
6. Chibiusa, got better now, and please, stay like this

Disappointed:
1. The way many many great plot and drama possibilities got discarded: like Uranus and Neptune's conviction in sacrificing human life, then, their own life. Or when it seemed like Usagi herself have the talisman, or when I expect Chibiusa to rise from her sleep and turn into Messiah, to save her friend.

2. The final boss + battle is a disappointment. They'd better let Professor Tomoe be the baddest guy.
Feb 19, 2018 4:11 PM
Aug 2014
Was worried that they were setting up the next season with the villain that was going after the pure hearts.

Can't believe I'm glad that Chibi-Usa is staying after last season.
Mar 2, 2018 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
I'm so happy Chibiusa is still with them... She has changed, she's more mature now and also so cute as Chibi Moon ♥

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 10, 2018 4:49 PM

Aug 2007
I personally really love S compared to the first two.
I rated the original 6/10 and R 5/10, and this one gets a 7/10 for me.
I personally love the dynamic between the outer planet sailor scouts, especially Uranus and Neptune. I haven't seen this since it aired on TV so it was super fun to revisit it. I want to watch the next part of Crystal to compare!

Sailor Moon is certainty not the best anime, but damn if it isn't nostalgic and entertaining.

Jun 15, 2019 11:32 AM
Jun 2016
Wow, there was a left-over Daimohn. To be fair, a lot of shows do this but I kind of wasn't expecting that, lol. I mean, it makes sense. Every episode has to have a monster of the week, I think.

"Tenoh Sandbank, where Mugen Academy used to be!" They named it after Haruka/Sailor Uranus?

Also, I think this is the first time when Tuxedo Mask gets attacked. So far, I only remember him shooting roses or whatever but the enemies so far have never explicitly attacked him.

"It's no time to be posing!" No, there's always time for posing! Especially if you're a magical girl or a JoJo character.
Jun 21, 2019 5:04 AM

Jun 2015
they missed a spot and Chibiusa came back to clean it up. I've always loved that her attack was more effective at holding back the monsters than the other sailors.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 27, 2019 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
Well, that was a waste of presents in the end.
Ami's a game developer like me <3
Jan 23, 2021 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
Ending with one final daimon and Chibi staying after all, why not?

Overall easily my favorite season for several reasons

- addition of Haruka and Michiru; their interactions with the inner senshi; the romantic tension between these two; their badassery and themeunfortunately after the Grail was acquired a lot of their flavor was lost

- Ikuhara style; loved the comedy and the drama (showdown with Eugeal was peak)

-the plot; darker tone and it was actually pretty engaging with more effort put in characterisation for the villains(at least some of them)

-daimons were stylish af and Kaolinite was a baddie

- just Tomoe

Bonus: The concept of Death Busters and the combination of science and dark powers from outer space.

Yeah, the later Witches 5 members were a disppoint after Eugeal and Mimete, so was Pharao 90 and how he was dealt with. These were my biggest grippes, but honestly nothing to me in comparison to all the good points.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2021 6:13 AM

Dec 2015
FMmatron said:

Just Tomoe

It should be enough to sell the series. (Although I would have added the very cute Mistress Nine and Hotaru.)
May 1, 2022 7:50 PM

Dec 2016
Having finished (yet another) rewatch, I have no doubts this is the best and my favorite Sailor Moon season by a wide margin. It's curious how despite having seen it multiple times and knowing it by heart, this time I've actually never had a better time watching any Sailor Moon ever, probably more than even the first time during the 90s. Everything in this season, from the most interesting plotline, the coolest group of villains, the quirky demons, the darker atmosphere, the general mysterious tone and the brilliant direction, blended together to create such an enjoyable experience that ages like fine wine. For several moments there I even thought of upgrading it to a definite 10/10, but I don't know, maybe that would be too much, considering I love my current 10/10s even more.

It's funny how it's "sandwiched" between the two weakest ones too, R and SuperS.
Jan 20, 2023 6:01 AM

Mar 2020
A kinda useless episode, considering she just comes back, but I recognise this more to set up SuperS than conclude S, as the last two episodes did that. iled that joke about Mamour being kinda dense at the start though.

Aug 2, 2023 10:10 PM

Jul 2012
Such a lovely ep đź’•
We rarely have a sad ep about Chibi-Usa..
And as always good happy ending ~

Nov 2, 2023 1:56 PM

Feb 2020
haha I thought to myself Chibiusa will definitely be back soon... but then she showed back up the exact same episode!! Lmao
decent cute season here

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.