Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2011 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fuck yeah! It finally started in the following setting,

look like the mother of Illyasviel. Actually I confirmed it that she is from her appearance. I was not sure at first. Regardless she is gorgeous in the spoiler
most of her appearances give her out a nice figure and well that includes the breasts, yes but in general she has a nice shape really.

Kiritsugu’s intro here was top notch to show his bad ass stoic emotions. While his servant symbol looked most amazing here. His face close up just shows how the art gets most amazing in this series. The castle covered in snow here was splendid scenery to show off. Of course the logo in the spoiler
is a new must to show off your fandom around. I should convert it into a sticker. Now at first Rin’s father looks damn good being drawn out. Quality is amazing but he is an asshole for sending off one of his daughters and not giving a shit about being informed of the worms or being in the ignorance of it all. Despite that Kirei still kept his cool side. Tokiomi’s facial close up further shows of the details being finally done. While I have no idea as to why Tokiomi was spinning around Kirei with the other person here. It did look stupid to me.

On the other hand Rin when she small was cute in the following,

that little brat attitude of Rin. She was very adorable in the spoiler
as a kid due to her cute attitude.

The graphics are mouth watering! On par and perhaps will be better than Fate/Stay Night This is the anime of 2011/2012!

This is a message to all: if you think you have seen it all in Fate S/N, I think this series will be far more grotesque and bloodier. For one there is a person in there that is the sickest shit on earth. I feel ashamed as a human not being able to stop this shit before he makes history (well I was not born anyway so too bad) but not saying that person or anything about that person till that person shows up.

For 2 they say a first fight is bloodier than what ever it may follow. In other words I have a feeling this fight is what made the 5th fight perhaps far more softer despite that it was not. Point being this series may be far more bloodier than the one after it. This may prove entertaining at the same time to watch the Carnival Phantasm to alleviate some trauma caused by the series. You all have no fucking idea how much disgust and shit happened to me when I saw that one part with the heart in the movie with Gilgamesh. G-R-O-S-S! No more no less. There will be far more of that, censors may come in for sure.

Loved seeing Rin’s mother in the spoiler
she looks pretty much like the innocent maiden. While Zoken looks like a fuck head smiling here. While I think that Layneth looks a little too serious and no I don’t like his looks too much. However I do like Velvet Walker here, mainly due to appearance and that library here looks somewhat like the Alexandria library. At the very least its setup. Really nice depictions of the servants in the spoiler
they look really illustrated, especially Caster, Saber, Lancer and Assassin. While the crest on top of that package looks interesting and I am baffled at why would something like this here be used for a servant ritual? It looks just like a cloth. I would love to have this device here of Tokiomi that writes out from what it looks like Celtic lettering or Elohim type? Looks runic and so Celtic to me.

Poor Kariya here being abused and fed shit from Zoken. That piece of shit Zoken should die just the way he looks here. Kariya just looks terrible with those worms. They really make him look terrible. I totally knew that Waver did something to the old people in the spoiler
hint is in the coffee mug. Uzumaki/spirals = muddled = being dazed/confused. While I did like
Waver’s servant symbol. I really loved Sakura being hugged by Kariya in the spoiler
shows he still has his humanity. While I found it hard to see Sakura after that worm shit. Her eyes still look lifeless.

In regards to the ED, seeing Illyasviel dancing around was nice and her with her daughter here was very cute. Looks like they introduce the master of Lancer and
poor Sakura here being locked up. Makes me think of how Victorique’s mother got abused in Gosick. Some imagery from the ED in the spoiler
IMO the BDs will be worth re-watching. I can tell from this first episode.
Yumekichi11Oct 2, 2011 3:49 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 1, 2011 9:44 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
The graphics are mouth watering!
Of course, glorious 360p is fabulous.
OrochiPLOct 1, 2011 9:48 AM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 1, 2011 9:50 AM

Oct 2010
OrochiPL said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah even for streaming, usually they look like shit but this is another story. Might as well watch the whole series 3 times then a 4th time on BD, it sure out-pawns a lot of other series.

Oct 1, 2011 9:52 AM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
OrochiPL said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah even for streaming, usually they look like shit but this is another story. Might as well watch the whole series 3 times then a 4th time on BD, it sure out-pawns a lot of other series.
Your mouth must water easily.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 9:52 AM

Jan 2010
I really enjoyed that they did quite a bit of talking in it explaining everything. Some people will complain about the lack of action in the opening episode but they followed the novel pretty damn well. It definitely lived up to what I was expecting so far.

Also, for those of you who have only watched the F/SN anime done by DEEN and never touched the VN...Heaven's Feel was just spoiled for you in this episode. Oh well..such is life.
Ok™
Oct 1, 2011 9:53 AM

Jun 2010
The streaming wasn't that great, but... That animation. The atmosphere is great.
Oct 1, 2011 9:54 AM
Aug 2011
Yes it was nice to get a glimpse of the preparations of the mages . So much back story in just the first episode is impressive. The artwork is as good as I expected and so is the voice acting.
Oct 1, 2011 10:05 AM

Dec 2008
Great ep I enjoyed everything about it.. I actually really liked the opening it got me so psyched for the rest of the series.
Llama765Oct 1, 2011 11:05 AM
Oct 1, 2011 10:05 AM

Oct 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Yumekichi11 said:
OrochiPL said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Your mouth must water easily.
Actually no, I think it has to do with the art style. It tends to stay much more fluid even at low resolution. Perhaps it has to do with its linings. This would be therefore something amazing for people not being able to handle the high resolutions as they bitch less about the quality of it. Well that is a major IMO but seeing that I have seen lots of streaming, I may be right but that is just my opinion.

Oct 1, 2011 10:15 AM

Feb 2011
Very nice first ep. Can't wait for the next.
Oct 1, 2011 10:15 AM
Jul 2009
Frankly, I can;t wait to see this in HD. The backgrounds look veryvery well done even on a 360p stream. not to mention epic fight scene in op looked so fluid.

Story wise, it was a tad heavy on the content, and where the episode ended was rather predictable. but this is definitely gearing up to be one of the better, if not the best show of the season (imo) thus far =P
Oct 1, 2011 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
and so the best anime of this season started
Oct 1, 2011 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
Finally the long wait is over! Probably one of the most unbearable waiting time I ever had.

McRib said:
I really enjoyed that they did quite a bit of talking in it explaining everything. Some people will complain about the lack of action in the opening episode but they followed the novel pretty damn well. It definitely lived up to what I was expecting so far.

Also, for those of you who have only watched the F/SN anime done by DEEN and never touched the VN...Heaven's Feel was just spoiled for you in this episode. Oh well..such is life.

Yea having read the VN n the zero novels I totally enjoyed this entire episode. The conversations between kirei and rin and sakura and kariya makes me so sad esp when I know what's going to come later on.

Despite being 360p the graphics r definitely awesome, so glad ufotable handled it instead of DEEN. The opening song "oath sign" ain't too bad too, although I still prefer disillusion. Hopefully the coming action is rendered in the amazing quality of the opening song.

Anyway that was a great way to end off the 1h special with saber's awesome phrase. Looking forward to the next ep!
Oct 1, 2011 10:20 AM

Jan 2010
I was worried how the first episode was going to turn out since it was pretty dialogue and backstory heavy, but it was actually well done. This is going to be a really interesting 24 weeks. ufotable, awesome job.
ShockedOct 1, 2011 10:14 PM
Oct 1, 2011 10:31 AM

Nov 2007
I love you ufotable.
Oct 1, 2011 10:39 AM

Apr 2007
Lovely first episode. Can't wait to see it again in HD~
Oct 1, 2011 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
Lots and lots of story but they got it all done in this [extended] episode so that's cool. NicoNico's subs could use a little bit more editing for minor things.
Oct 1, 2011 10:54 AM

Dec 2007
Eh, that they were competent enough to use "renege" in proper context (something that most native speakers cannot accomplish) shows me that other than minor errors, the translation should be a good one.
Oct 1, 2011 11:05 AM

Oct 2009
This was fantastic. While it was very information heavy, spoilerish for people who didn't finish Fate/Stay Night (I only watched half of it), and dialogue heavy, I still appreciated the world building, beautiful artwork (even in 360p), and character establishing. Everyone has a reason for participating in the Holy Grail War. Its really going to be sad for me to see some of the characters demises... I don't know who to root for! They're all interesting! Can't wait for more.
Oct 1, 2011 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
Got what I expected of the first episode. I'm completely satisfied even if it was all just review of what we already know.

Dat Kariya
Oct 1, 2011 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
Loved it.
The final 7 minutes is just EPIC.

and DAMN YOU ZOUKEN~~~

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 1, 2011 11:14 AM

Apr 2008
As someone who hasn't seen FSN, this episode was really heavy on dialogue and important things to remember, but the animation looks beautiful...and this is 360p streaming. Good that it was an hour long, to cover all the important details.

So we have:
Kariya
Kiritsugu
Kirei
Archibald
Tokiomi
Waver ?

Am i missing someone, or has the 7th haven't been revealed yet?
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Oct 1, 2011 11:21 AM

Jun 2008
webkid94 said:

Am i missing someone, or has the 7th haven't been revealed yet?

Lol, he's been revealed in the OP sequence, the last master is going to be revealed in the 2nd episode according to the preview.

Oct 1, 2011 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
So, like, the OP and ED are both better than the actual episode.
That's all I wanted to say.
And now I'mma stay away from here until the last episode in order to be safe from possible spoilers.
Have fun o7
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 1, 2011 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
And now I'mma stay away from here until the last episode in order to be safe from possible spoilers.
Have fun o7

Wise decision. I hope you can enjoy Fate/Zero without any spoilers.

Oct 1, 2011 11:39 AM

Oct 2010
KrazyKobun said:
Everyone has a reason for participating in the Holy Grail War. Its really going to be sad for me to see some of the characters demises... I don't know who to root for! They're all interesting! Can't wait for more.
I am rooting for only the survivor, not worth to tear out when you know most of the characters will be gone. Rooting also for Archer/Saber.

Might be rooting for some girls but yeah it is sad when you know who dies and who does not even when they are born in this series. It's insane.

Oct 1, 2011 11:41 AM
Apr 2008
Thanks to niconico the streaming quality was ok and I think it should be a good anime adaptation
Oct 1, 2011 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
so glad ive spent the past week going through the heavens fell route (the only one i hadnt already done)

whoa this is gonna be good, oddly enough Kotomine (one of my least favs) is looking to be one of my preffered chars....

too much saber in the ep >.>

ILYA!!!! need moar ILYA!!!!

Waver and Rider are definatly gonna some of my fav chars from this show

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Oct 1, 2011 12:46 PM
Aug 2010
I really love the art and animation not to mention the music.
Definitely a top contender for anime of the year.
Oct 1, 2011 1:07 PM

May 2011
A really good start. 6 of 7 masters introduced 4 of 7 servants summoned! a really nice back story and start!
Rin, sakura, and illya when they were young were cute! Rin still her tsudere self hehe!
Oct 1, 2011 1:31 PM

Dec 2008
ThinkEric said:
I really love the art and animation not to mention the music.
Definitely a top contender for anime of the year.

My hope is that it will be a contender for best anime....ever
Oct 1, 2011 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
A really good episode here, almost all the masters were introduced, Kariya looks better than i imagined, and the worms even more creepier.

Only 2 complains about the episode.

1st. Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei was stupid (my opinion)

2nd, The op is good, not a masterpiece but...
even so saber flying/spinning and destroying a good portion of fuyuki with the excalibur was ridiculous. worst part of the op. And saber fighting against assassin looks interesting, but i think this will never happen (if the story follows the light novel)
Oct 1, 2011 2:05 PM

May 2009
Gamaliel said:

I'm happy that I wasn't the only that noticed this scene was stupid.

My thoughts about the episode:
- Nice, good introductory episode. A bit slow and I would dare to say tiring at some points, but overall, it accomplished its objective
- Seems like the OST will be a nice one. This is only the first episode, so I can't assure anything, but there some quite nice pieces. The last one, though, was definitely great and already makes me all excited.
- THAT ANIMATION!
- Nice overview of the characters
Looking forward to the next one.
Oct 1, 2011 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
Gamaliel said:
This so much. I thought that that was just me.

I know that they're trying to make up for the fact that this is a very dialogue-heavy and action-light episode, but they really shouldn't have done that. I mean it just came across as a very clumsy way of trying to invoke the old walk-and-talk. Maybe it would have worked if the circle wasn't perfectly choreographed, and if Tokiomi would have just put the wine down.

Still, it was a good episode.
Oct 1, 2011 2:30 PM
Dec 2008
omg
great beginning to a great anime
best anime of the season
Oct 1, 2011 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
ZOKEN!!!! ALL OF MY RAGE!!!! FUCK YOU!!!

Now that's I've gotten that out of the way....
Kariya is the only really decent person in this show. Waver is decent, and so is... what's his name... Saber's master.

FUCK YOU ZOKEN!!!!

Sorry, I can't help myself. He basically said that Sakura cried and screamed at first, but after a while, she couldn't even raise her voice.
Oct 1, 2011 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
EPIC, SO FUCKING EPIC.

Damn, I just cried when Saber said "I ask of you: Are you my master?" or something like this.

Best anime of the year.
Oct 1, 2011 3:18 PM
Jan 2010
Just finished the stream of first episode and I have to say that was pretty good even if it didn't have much action which I wouldn't expect it anyways as it is just an introduction to the characters. I did like the fact they give out a lot of information. ( atleast it is to me cause I never read the novels I've only seen FSN/UBW) I'm gonna watch it again later to see if I missed anything
Oct 1, 2011 3:38 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
KrazyKobun said:
Everyone has a reason for participating in the Holy Grail War. Its really going to be sad for me to see some of the characters demises... I don't know who to root for! They're all interesting! Can't wait for more.
I am rooting for only the survivor, not worth to tear out when you know most of the characters will be gone. Rooting also for Archer/Saber.

Might be rooting for some girls but yeah it is sad when you know who dies and who does not even when they are born in this series. It's insane.
I have no idea who survives...
Oct 1, 2011 4:09 PM

Feb 2010
This show.

I am watching so hard.
Oct 1, 2011 4:10 PM

Jul 2008
It was much better than the first one thats for sure, just looking at the art and animation. I wasn't much of a fan of the fate/stay night (I still liked it though) but I think this will be amazing, animation is important in a action show and it has much better animation/art.

I think the walking around part was just so it didn't seem so static.

Also quit bitching about 360p. Its super fast, free and legit. Nico Nico douga rules. I can't believe some are still considering bootlegging.
Oct 1, 2011 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
Art/Animation is amazing for this. Not sure if i'll enjoy this to the fullest potential since watching Fate/stay night kind of tells you the ending.
Oct 1, 2011 4:27 PM

Sep 2008
The ending was cool.
The bugs grossed me out.

That's probably all I got out of it since I'm not a huge F/S N fan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 4:31 PM

Apr 2008
hate....bugs....
love....backstory....in....this....prequel

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH
Oct 1, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2010
Rarokko said:
Damn, I just cried when Saber said "I ask of you: Are you my master?" or something like this.

Same here *w*

And yeah, FUCKING EPIC ANIME IS EPIC !

Can't wait for the second episode :3
Oct 1, 2011 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
what an awesome summoning of all the servants!! man fate/zero is too epic!! hyped for the next ep!
Oct 1, 2011 4:51 PM

Jan 2008
whahahaha I accedently pressed "hated it" when I was going to press vote and had loved it checked... going throw my self in to a fire now :(
Oct 1, 2011 5:02 PM
Nov 2010
First experience with this series, and I have to say the first episode is rather well done, especially for someone with little to no knowledge of Fate/stay Night. Definitely has me eagerly awaiting the rest.

I could tell there seemed to be numerous easter eggs for people who've played the VN, at least. Which will be nice if I decide to run through it while watching the series.

Also, why in the world were Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei? That was....largely pointless.
Oct 1, 2011 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
Where is everyone watching this? I tried nicovideo but there is all this text in the way.
by Baka-Chibi

Oct 1, 2011 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
YES!! I started! And I got say, what an awesome first episode! It's been a very, very long time since I've been so impressed by an anime's first episode. I am totally loving every second of it.

For the record, I am currently playing the VN, but I'm only on Unlimited Blade Works. I guess I'll have a lot of Heaven's Feel spoiled for me, eh?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

18 by Rhae »»
May 9, 7:18 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.