Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2011 3:16 AM

Jul 2007
O hai saya

So, Blood C, the series touted for the dramatic awesomeness and built up on quite interesting premise...fell flat on its face ever since the very first episode and(from what I hear) only got worse and worse.

Meaningless cardboard characters, pointless scenes, ridiculously annoying main character, stupid character and monster designs and completely incompetent directing - this show had it all.

All these years ago a movie came out, many people still know it and majority of world's population regard it as the best movie ever created. Citizen kane.

A few decades later, Tommy Wiseau created The Room, which is universally touted as the WORST movie ever made, being the "citizen kane of worst movies". A thing that topped Uwe Boll and that, i heard, USA used as torture technique in Guantanamo Bay. A movie so horrible and pointless that the only thing one could do while watching is to laugh as his own sanity slowly fades away and one starts to wish to do what the main character of the movie does in the end of it.

So here's a question - Is Blood C the equivalent of the Room in anime sense? So far all signs point to yes
AhenshihaelOct 1, 2011 4:28 AM
Oct 1, 2011 4:23 AM

Jul 2011
No, I wouldn't compare this to The Room at all - it's not even close. Sure, Blood-c was bad, but not THAT bad. If I would put an anime in that genre I would put something like Mars of Destruction or Apocalypse Zero. Those series are so bad it's funny, Blood-c is just a big disappointment.

Besides, not all of it was bad. The animation was good, the soundtrack and the voiceacting was also good - just not good enough to hold up the lack of plot and character depth. At least the ending made it slightly better.

I just thinks that comparing it to The Room is a bit overreacting.
HariiOct 1, 2011 5:58 AM
Oct 1, 2011 6:16 AM
Aug 2009
All signs point to a stupid opinion.
Oct 1, 2011 6:46 AM

Jan 2010
Blood-C was pretty bad but it wasn't "The Room" bad. I'm sure there's an anime out there more deserving of a comparison to The Room.
Oct 1, 2011 6:48 AM

Jul 2011
I disagree. I felt the ending reveals ultimately justified much of the series. The characters didn't have any meaning because they were fake all along. There was no plot in the first 10 episodes because it was all a ploy by coffee guy.

The explanation was genuinely surprising, even with all the evidence in plain sight all along. And that's a good thing.

On paper, the stories not bad at all. But people lost their willing suspension of disbelief, in the "Elder Bairn of the Week" + "Mundane High School Slice of Life", and with it lost, the ending revelations are little satisfaction.

And how can someone not get a kick out of those fight scenes? The choreography and animation were to DIE for!

Get it? Die for?

Because she killed them all.

See, that joke is on par with "The Room". This show is not.
Oct 1, 2011 11:53 AM

Aug 2009
Fai, when you dropped the anime, it hadn't even started yet. At least watch the show before completely bashing it.
I agree that had an incredible amount of faults, but the hate for this show is incredibly exaggerated. The amount of assfrustrated Blood+ fans screaming that it was nothing like its superior predecessor and total CLAMP fanboys/girls yelling that it was CLAMP's worst work to date are just... over-exaggerating.
The worst thing of Blood-C was its plot development. It definitely had an interesting story and a very smart concept, but its execution was incredibly flawed. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the ride, but I did get mad at some points because of how incompetent the staff had handled some things.
Oct 1, 2011 10:52 PM

Mar 2009
You can definitely make certain comparisons.

For example, what makes the Room so hilariously bad is how everything is played so straight. The director obviously thinks it's all genuine: the acting, drama, etc....when it's anything but.

And then you have Blood-C, with its laughable stare downs for most of the series. They go on for about two hours before each fight. I can just picture CLAMP and the director thinking to themselves, "WOW! THIS IS SO COOL AND EPIC! SUCH HIGH TENSION!"
When, in actuality, the audience is laughing at how dumb it is.

Sure, that's one example.
Oct 2, 2011 12:56 AM

Jul 2007
Mormegil said:
You can definitely make certain comparisons.

For example, what makes the Room so hilariously bad is how everything is played so straight. The director obviously thinks it's all genuine: the acting, drama, etc....when it's anything but.

And then you have Blood-C, with its laughable stare downs for most of the series. They go on for about two hours before each fight. I can just picture CLAMP and the director thinking to themselves, "WOW! THIS IS SO COOL AND EPIC! SUCH HIGH TENSION!"
When, in actuality, the audience is laughing at how dumb it is.

Sure, that's one example.

That is true.

Both the room and BloodC are unintentional comedies, with comedic effect increased tenfold by all the badness.

Both works have thousands of pointless irritating scenes that do not matter in any way in the long run.

Both works have very very promising plot premise but VERY horrible plot itself.

Both works focus on one plot trick that happens in the very end of the work. Both works make it hilariously stupid

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.