Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2011 9:54 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
fine episode
Jan 29, 2012 12:14 AM

Jun 2010
So apparently Hotaru literally has someone else inside her. I find this pretty disappointing because it's just going to come down to drawing it out somehow and killing it with a magical laser. This series' insistence on ensuring that no actual dramatic tension be allowed confuses me.
Jul 8, 2012 5:32 AM

Jan 2011
So in this episode..
Chibiusa goes to Hotaru's home only to find the house completely empty..go figure.
And how is it that Tomoe is the owner/professor of Mugen? He's been cooped up in his lab for the entire series..
It's learned that Tomoe made a deal to save both his and Hotaru's lives by having both of them possessed by Pharoah 90.
I love how the Daimon in this episode looks, its insanely creative.
And poor Mimete had a decent plan, it really could have gone well if she thought things through. I'm glad she's gone though, she was really starting to annoy me..
Aug 1, 2012 10:45 PM
Mar 2008
I'm interested in that new girl's hair. looks like Usagi's buns. I wanna see them in the light.
Feb 11, 2014 12:34 PM
Mar 2013
I knew there was more to Doctor Tomoe than what meets the eye. I find it funny how the Mugen school is so famous yet we've never heard any mention of it so far.

And what's the deal with this Pharoah 90 guy? In any case, I'm happy that Mimete is finally gone! To be honest I expected her to be gone several episodes ago.
Mar 28, 2014 5:53 PM
Aug 2013
Finally Mimete is gone. She was so annoying ><
Now I'm curious about Telulu , hope she's not like Mimete.
May 7, 2014 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Well of course they gave up on you Mimete, all you did was chase your celebrity crushes and did not succeed in one mission. Good riddance.
Jul 2, 2017 9:54 PM
Jul 2013
by now, i was hoping sailor moon would take a little more initiative rather than rely on others to say, "now, sailor moon!"

i'm glad mimete is gone. she was annoying and actually useless. all she ever did was chase after her celebrity crushes. she shouldn't be surprised that the death busters lost faith in her ability.
Jul 17, 2017 8:40 AM
Nov 2015
Mugen Academy!!!!!
Appeared right on first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal S3, and now, the first time here, 31 episodes in.

Just a glass building. Wish it were more fancy though, the previous 2 battle scenes have been quite gorgeous.
Jul 17, 2017 8:53 AM
Nov 2015
Finally another of the Witches 5. More competition.
I don't know how it would make the other 2 appear and have as much impact as Kaorinite or Eugeal.
Jul 19, 2017 10:14 PM

Apr 2010
I liked this episode. It was more action oriented.

Feb 14, 2018 8:32 AM
Aug 2014
Another incredibly messed up death for one of the witches.
Mar 1, 2018 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
YEAH, SHE'S FINALLY GONE I'M SO HAPPY. Bring us back Eudial. >.<

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 4, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 2017
Ha, I love that Mimete is such a scheming, evil bitch! Inner conflict between the bad guys is nothing new in the series, but it's particularly entertaining this season. The Death Busters are my favorites in the entire franchise so far. I liked how the girls stole Usagi's lines, and for some reason this episodes fight seemed more like a fun slugfest instead of the usual attack name recital with stock footage. It still wasn't mindblowing, but it felt somewhat unique. Althought transforming into a video file is kind of lame for an "ultimate move".

I loved that we FINALLY got some backstory on Hotaru and her father! And while it is fairly "standard", it is really not as cheesy as some other stuff we've seen so far. An otherworldly being controlling the dad is actually kind of dope, it adds that layer of having to save the original person that's under its control. Kind of like the second villain of the first season just controlled regular people, so they couldn't just destroy the youma without a second thought. It makes for good drama!
May 22, 2019 8:14 AM
Jun 2016
I was predicting that Mimete will retire in this episode, or at least sooner. Since usually when someone new in the villain group gets introduced, the last one would retire.

We finally get a backstory to the Tomoe family. For the rest of the season, they've always been pretty mysterious. Even more so than the previous villains. Like, seriously? How is a group of scientists more powerful than the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon Clan? Which, mind you had what I think are literal manifestations of entrophy and darkness as their masterminds (Queen Metalia and Death Phantom respectively).

Today's Daimon: a gamer girl.

Yeah, I was right. Mimete does retire in this episode. Kind of anticlimactic, to be honest. Like, we didn't even get to see what Eugeal's ultimate device is used for. To be fair, I guess that pretty much shows why she left it unfinished.

Thinking about it, I don't really get why Mimete is introduced so late as a villain. I think it would have made more sense in terms of writing if Mimete and Eugeal switched places. Considering Eugeal was much more serious, I think it would have made more impact. But still, her ultimate devices wouldn't really be used since I assume Eugeal is sensible enough to not use it. Unless if she panics, of course. Not really sure which of the two has more power, but I guess it also makes sense that the professor sends out his more powerful minions 1st (since in other media, the villains' leader would send out the weakest minion until they progressively send out the most powerful one).
Jan 23, 2021 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Mimete had it coming, but I still felt bad for her that she had to met such a horrible fate. She was also the most entertaining enemy so far - Tomoe.

That aside, this episode confirmed that Hotaru and her dad are indeed possessed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2023 6:26 AM

Mar 2020
Stipl keeping quite serious, huh? Interesting that Professor Tomoe is much more sympathetic than in the manga and than his subordinates. As villainous as his plans are, his care for his daughter keeps him somewhat sympathetic. Even if he is semi-posessed.
Nice to be rid of Mimette, she was really annoying.

Oct 14, 2023 3:22 PM

Feb 2020
she really got stuck in that screen for all eternity huh tough shit Lmfao
gotta love infighting!

Dec 27, 2023 7:36 PM
Jan 2018
They stepped up everything this episode. The music for the flashback. The stakes of the story and the story itself. The animation. They might even have cameoed the fist of the north star VA as the random security guard. But undoubtedly, my favorite part was seeing justice for Eudial. Mimetes fate is actually worse than what happened to Eudial.

Death by starvation or something else while trapped in an alternate dimension is a pretty gnarly way to go out. Plus, to her credit, Mimete showed how she was able to defeat Eudial in the first place with her wits and trickery. Mimete may have been dumb in many ways, but her street smarts put her a step above. That is, until the usual trope of villain hubris brought her down.

They even found time to make this episode really funny on top of all the darkness and pathos. I'm SUPER looking forward to the coming episodes. Maybe they might even be able to top the best episode of this anime so far.

Oh, and I figured why the Senshi have been struggling so much. Without Uranus and Neptune creating openings with their superior strength, the Senshi really need plot armor or mistakes in order to pull that last second W. Tho this time Chibiusa was the one that created an opening this time.
MFDOOMEDDec 27, 2023 7:39 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.