Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2011 9:23 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sailor Saturn awakens temporarily during a fight at a planetarium, and Neptune/Uranus/Pluto try to kill her, but the inner scouts don't let them. Hotaru falls unconscious and is teleported back to her home.
Jul 8, 2012 5:00 AM

Jan 2011
So Hotaru is revealed as the Messiah of Silence/Sailor Saturn.
I was surprised Neptune, Uranus and Pluto both attacked her in human form..but I'm sure if their attacks were to hit her, she would have defeated all of them easily.

Also, how is it that Hotaru is having "seizures"? I've never ever seen anyone have a seizure like that.
Dec 8, 2012 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
barelyalive said:
Also, how is it that Hotaru is having "seizures"? I've never ever seen anyone have a seizure like that.

I've been wondering the same thing. That's definitely not what a seizure looks like...

This episode was pretty awesome though. That triple attack from the outer scouts was amazing. Also, I have to take back what I previously said about the music this season; the song used for Hotaru's awakening scene was so creepy and perfect.
Feb 11, 2014 12:30 PM
Mar 2013
Finally Hotaru awakens as Sailor Saturn. Is it just me or did the season take a major dive after Serena got a hold of the Purity chalice?
May 7, 2014 1:23 AM

Jul 2008
So we have one more soldier and its Saturn. The cat is out of the bag, now time for the big battle.
Jul 2, 2017 9:09 PM
Jul 2013
so sailor saturn has been revealed.

that grouped attack by sailors uranus, neptune and pluto was beautiful!
Jul 17, 2017 8:28 AM
Nov 2015
In the end it all makes sense why the Outen Senshi don't like to cooperate with Usagi's. They have to kill a person, and Usagi's group will obstruct them.

Don't know the background as for why Saturn is the planet of destruction? Maybe the symbol for Saturn is a scythe? And also, Saturn sounds like Satan in Engrish.

Seems like nobody pays attention to Tuxedo Mask anymore.
Jul 17, 2017 12:16 PM

Dec 2015
@Sean_Nessman Mamoru is very often eclipsed in the first anime adaptation, going as far as removing his powers and the few important tasks he had to fulfill sometimes. (that's one of the arguments used in favour of Crystal)

Maybe because the roman god Saturn put an end to the first era of the gods (you know, the usual patricide repeated later by Jupiter to end his own age). There's probably a reasoning behind it exposed by the author in some interview.
Aug 3, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
Sean_Nessman said:
And also, Saturn sounds like Satan in Engrish.

Seems like nobody pays attention to Tuxedo Mask anymore.

lol i thought the same things while i was watching the episode. poor tuxedo mask..
EustassKiddo !
Feb 14, 2018 8:14 AM
Aug 2014
Looks like the villains of the first half of the series are back again, having learned absolutely nothing.
Nov 3, 2018 11:14 AM

Mar 2017
And just when Sailor Pluto finally removes the stick up her ass and decides to tell the others all the information she has, the outer senshi prove to be flaming douchebags still. They are willing to murder a girl in cold blood, potentially injuring or killing an innocent child in the process, too! Chibiusa was standing right next to her!

I liked how Tuxedo Mask's "help" only made things worse, that was kinda fun. Also, I knew Hotaru was going to be Sailor Saturn, I've been spoiled, sadly. But it's really fitting that the one time all Sailor Soldiers are confirmed and present, it's in a planetarium! Though I wonder, will we ever see a Sailor Earth? It's the one damn planet they go out of their way to protect, but no one's been named after it yet! They even named one after a satellite, and not a planet. Will we get Sailor Ceres, too? Now that I think about it, Sailor Titan sounds like a really dope name.

Also, I really wish I could teleport to my bed at home, too.
May 11, 2019 10:43 AM
Jun 2016
Lmao, Rei's dream sequence clearly shows Hotaru as the shrouded figure. Like, they're not even hiding the fact that she's dangerous or something.

Also, Usagi kind of has a point. Yes, Chibiusa is her daughter. From the future. I don't think she should be that responsible for her, lol.

Thomas Harris' English is actually pretty good. That's the second time this happens in this series after Haruna Sakurada (Usagi's teacher).
Jun 20, 2019 9:38 AM

Jun 2015
If you are looking for this episode and can't find it, it's on soul-anime. I had hell time finding it. There is a mistake in episodes order on most websites and they have episode 30 deleted and episode 37, I think, is there twice.

I couldn't go without watching such an important episode. I was waiting for this for so many episodes now.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 22, 2021 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
Outer Senshi are taking action at last. But of course there will be a way to kill Hotaru's dark passenger and to save the world.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2, 2021 6:19 AM

Sep 2016
I wonder why is it that Sailor Mars specifically is having dreams about Silence..? The Sailor Senshi representing the outer regions of the solar system (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) seem to be more conscious of the apocalyptic threat, so if we go by the solar system hierarchy's logic shouldn't it be Sailor Jupiter having the dreams instead of Rei, since Makoto's planet is further back and closer to Saturn- Unless of course there's some sort of different inner logic to this. Maybe something to do with the Roman gods represented by the planets? It's just something that keeps bugging me lol
Apr 30, 2022 6:40 PM

Dec 2016
Loved how the audience is caught by surprise when the outer senshis perform their attacks onto Hotaru right after Sailor Moon finishes the demon. And with no background music at all, brilliantly communicating the idea of what the heck is going on here and this is no joke. That was perfect.
Jan 12, 2023 6:01 AM

Mar 2020
Pretty dramatic and dark episode this time, with the reveals about Hotaru and all. Interesting to see a moral dilemma developing in a show like this as well.
dethomori said:
I wonder why is it that Sailor Mars specifically is having dreams about Silence..? The Sailor Senshi representing the outer regions of the solar system (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) seem to be more conscious of the apocalyptic threat, so if we go by the solar system hierarchy's logic shouldn't it be Sailor Jupiter having the dreams instead of Rei, since Makoto's planet is further back and closer to Saturn- Unless of course there's some sort of different inner logic to this. Maybe something to do with the Roman gods represented by the planets? It's just something that keeps bugging me lol
Because she's a Shrine Maiden and therefore in tune with that type of thing.

Oct 10, 2023 3:12 PM

Feb 2020
Imagine if they just decided to all agree to kill neptune lol well the main sailor soldiers would never!!
these are some real interesting developments though I wonder how the inter senshi conflict will be resolved..

Dec 27, 2023 6:34 PM
Jan 2018
I guess things get real from here up until this arc finishes. In the end, the Outer Senshi were correct to keep the Inner Senshi out of the loop, because their behavior was pretty predictable.

A couple things. The animation hasn't been as great as some of the earlier episodes. Does that mean they are saving money for a fantastically drawn finale, or is this the byproduct of a production company that no longer believes in the animes direction anymore?

Also, the storytelling seems to be hampered by the monster of the week plot. The Daimon are great reasons for the story to move forward, but it feels like the writers are irritated they have to fit in nobodies with the big finale they are building towards. I'm not against more story, but it kinda makes the emphasis on pure hearted people earlier pointless. Unless you just focus on this being the endgame.

This Daimon was actually pretty strong, like last episodes Daimon. It's taking more an more plot armor to take down these monsters of the week. It's nice to see the Death Busters improving slowly but surely. It's a shame the plot is against them. That goofy Tomoe is a pretty fun in his own way. This would be a really different show if the competent heroes and villains ran the scene.

Mimete is pretty nuts as well. Not fun nuts like Eudial, disturbing nuts. Maybe she will die in the next couple episodes. Off screen of course.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.