Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 15, 2017 3:42 PM
Jun 2016
Hey there everyone, Anyone read the manga? Can someone tell me what happened after season 2 and did he get back at Hyoudou or Endou?
Jul 20, 2017 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
"Gambling" is Kaiji's lifelong bliss and hell.
Sep 26, 2017 11:12 PM

Jan 2010
well it was a decent ending...too bad endou was a dirtbag once again

i dunno man, i feel that this whole bog machine thing was waaaaaay too pushed...like it got really teadious at points

and the whole point in getting that geezer boss of his chair was skipped...

6/10 unfortunately :/
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 10, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2016
Ichijou and Kaiji are looking forward to their final showdown in 1054 years lmao. He'll be back~

Kaiji remains ever so true to his word and decides to set free the other 45ers as originally planned despite what everyone says. He even added in Ishida Jr to finally let his father rest in peace. He should've read the contract but I guess he'd still be forced to sign it anyway if he did. Now Endoh got the big bucks lel.

He might've spent all his money on gambling on pachinko again but at least he's happy and has friends this time! Teiai Man is a very friendly tsundere~ He's the least robotic agent ever and I think he was the one who chloroformed Kaiji back at the first year haha

Mikoko made a cameo xD He got Sakazaki's blessing and the bonds leading up to the ED has been established ohoho

The Bog was really long but the victory was satisfying af The story progression in the first season was better but I loved this as much as I did to the first. He's finally free! *leaks manly things*

Oct 13, 2017 2:58 AM

Feb 2013
I'm glad that he saved Ishida's son too.
Lol, he will never learn, he is broke again.
Oct 20, 2017 3:51 PM

Apr 2017
I just want my boy Kaiji to be happy and have enough money to live his dream life. And just when you thought he could, he gets fucked again. Poor Kaiji. He just can't catch a break.

Oh well, atleast he is debt free and made some friends. So it's not all bad.

Really hope they make a season 3. I really love this show. I already miss it.
Oct 21, 2017 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
a damn good ending.
Nov 11, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not even mad that Endou fucked him over. Kaiji immediately proved that the money would've been wasted on him anyway, that he'd just gamble it away.

It kind of sucks that he fell straight back to gambling after everything he went through (and Pachinko of all things), but the inconsistencies in Kaiji's intelligence are kind of a signature of his character at this point.
Nov 21, 2017 11:50 AM
Aug 2017
Dammit Endou you douchbag
Dec 11, 2017 2:32 PM

Oct 2010
I think this season is slightly worse than the previous one: it's a really good series but the pachinko arc is quite boring and predictable. Moreover, the first season had a lot of "think on your feet" action while both of this season's arc are basically planning in advance and executing a plan to defeat cheaters.

The pachinko arc has a lot of questionable points. Sakazaki nonchalantly disappears during a critical moment: it definitely doesn't look like he was trying to save the situation. It's also pretty clear that Kaiji isn't going to win before the last or second to last episode so all the "OMG IS HE DOING IT?" moments kinda die there. I hoped for one of the silver balls to actually jump over the wind barrier but nope, they just got boringly pushed into the winning hole.

Not a good season as good as the first one but it kept me glued to the monitor. I was totally expecting to see Kaiji trying desperately to arrange an engagement with Sakazaki's daughter to get some of his money tho.
Jan 28, 2018 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
Quite disappointed with s2. way dragged out and not as good as s1.
6/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Feb 27, 2018 4:39 PM

Aug 2014
He really played pachinko again...after all that. I’m happy with the ending but this season was so drawn out
Mar 2, 2018 4:34 PM
Mar 2018
I hold out hope that Endo is taking kaiji's money away from him and when he stops being such a wasteful individual he'll give it back to him. Until the series ends that will be my headcanon. It's a cool series, well worth watching.
Mar 4, 2018 7:55 PM

Dec 2014
Great ending.

Great series overall, intense, suspenseful full of manly tears, emotion and straight out epic moments. The only issue I had was that the Bog Machine thing was far far too dragged out and should've been condensed which they could've easily done. Anyway that's just one small complaint in an otherwise really exciting series.

8/10, will definitely pickup the manga at some point.
Mar 6, 2018 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
Finished Re-Watching this amazing anime.

It's one of the few anime I can re-watch and still fully enjoy.

I watched all 26 episodes in about 3 days and despite being 7 years old, it still felt fresh to me.

I think the biggest shame is that they never did Season 3....Some people told me the third series is not as great as the first two, but I really wanted to see more Kaiji and his gambling adventures.

Plus....there's a 4th and 5th series!

If Madhouse doesn't want to do it....I can only hope another studio can pick it up....maybe?

I might be too optimistic.....oh well, at least this anime still stands as the BEST gambling anime around.

Kakeguri was GARBAGE compared to Kaiji.
Mar 10, 2018 11:11 PM

Nov 2016
Fuck you Endoh !!!!!!!

Amazing final with many manly tears(from me too)Kaiji may be broke again,but he's still happy and a fantastic guy <3

Also,the Teiai worker was easily MVP xD

I loved the shit out of this masterpiece of anime. Easy 9/10 again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 2018 3:44 PM

Jan 2015
I have such a huge smile on my face right now, I was crying from happiness from this episode (to the point where I almost forgot about how enraged I was at Endou, that bastard) Another episode I loved, and can call one of my favourites of the series! It's going to be tricky finding another anime this year, that I love as much as this!

Even though he never really learns, Kaiji is a legend! So happy that the son was released, hopefully he does better this time!

This was the happiest end I've seen to something in a long time, maybe ever, and it's from a show where I'm used to unhappy endings for arcs!
Just, such a wonderful episode! What an enjoyable conclusion! I couldn't ask for it any other way!

While I would love to have more of this show, I think that this episode was a great conclusion to the story, and I wouldn't complain if a third season were to never happen... though it would be nice! It will be fun to see the story with Mikoko. I haven't read ahead in the manga, but I've somewhat heard about the context, and it sounds really funny (and pathetic). I saw her walking in the streets and noticing Kaiji, haha!

The Future is in Our Hands!
Apr 1, 2018 12:39 AM

Jan 2018
Great finale to an amazing show. I'll be happy if there's a season 3 but this was a good ending for it all.
May 24, 2018 7:32 PM
Jul 2015
I was going to knock this down a point or 2, because of all of the stalling in the last several episodes. I skipped a lot in the last few. This last episode salvaged it.

I don't want a 3rd season. i was worried this one would just end with Kaiji being screwed completely all over again. I'll just ignore the rest. I'll pretend, Kaiji and friends live more or less peaceful, but definitely poor, lives from here on.
Dec 30, 2018 12:52 PM

Dec 2015
What a rollercoaster they succeed to make out of a dozen episodes focused on playing... pachinko ! Comparatively to previous games, the constant high s and lows of Ichijô and Kaiji were oscillating a bit too much in each SINGLEepisode. Despite that, the last episode brought the initial excitement back and provided an honest and yet pleasant conclusion to its hero, a now full-on gambling addict but still good young man.

5/5

Overall:
While it wasn't as amazing - I despise that word - as the first series, the second was helped by Kaiji's new condition (he's not this relatively innocent young man anymore, and developed a certain charisma through the previous events). The downward spiral described here was highly entertaining. The direction, permanent exaggeration, music, voices, etc still make the show work. I thought it was softer than before but I might have been accustomed to it. No technical weakness.
The choices of game helped to renew the interest and to offer something moere after the first show. Sadly, the Pachinko part's content led to stretch it with some extremely thin episodes (reinforcing a bad impression of artificiality in the suspense).

Score: 7/10 Still a good weekly thriller.
Feb 3, 2019 2:55 PM
Aug 2017
GZTC said:
Kaiji was moe. Ichijou was moe. The 45s were moe. Sakazaki was moe. The black suited guy who gave Kaiji money was moe.

My nutbladder almost exploded.

Bagonirix said:
wonder how long we'll have to wait until season 3.

At least 4 more years.

Madhouse are going to do a second season of Akagi by the looks of it, and probably both a Kurosawa and Zero anime considering they both made cameo appearances.

Its been 8 years man, fucking shit wheres it at
May 6, 2019 8:22 PM

Oct 2016
So this is the final teaching of the series.
Truly a masterpiece.
Loved the series.
I'm gonna miss this...
Show added to the most manly animes ever made.
May 17, 2019 3:34 AM

Aug 2016
.................. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
:v
Oct 21, 2019 11:59 AM

Sep 2019
Poor kaiji but I respect him for believing and saving his friends from the underworld. This is one of those few anime I've never forget. I completed the entire anime in 2 days haha.

I'll give this a 8/10 same as the first season they both are wonderful.
Nov 15, 2019 3:33 PM

Feb 2019
Dammit endou! I knew you'd pull something off like this. This ending was so wholesome! I'm glad Kaiji got to see the other 45-ers and the other guy he saved!! I also loved how to played the op from the first season!
Dec 7, 2019 12:25 PM

Nov 2014
Ehh after godly ship arc it was going downhill for me. Still ok, but that's just it. Although I'd be interested in seeing anither sason if it somehow comes out.

And yes, as that black suit said, Kaiji is trash. He might be nice guy, but he is so hopeless lol
Dec 12, 2019 12:57 AM

Nov 2014
perfect ending. Kaiji still has a lot to learn. it's good for him to taste some betrayal. also needs to get rid of the bad habit of gambling.
that scene where the suited guy gave money to kaiji made me an instant fan of him. what a bro. this mob/background character deserves a name. hope to see more of him. (honestly didnt expect a background character from the "evil" side to lend a helping hand to the mc)

also...

i never expected kaiji to be this fucking adorable lmao

Bagonirix said:
fucking endou!!!

im glad he did that actually cause that way kaiji wouldnt be able to waste it all on pachinko (sigh)
Jan 10, 2020 6:00 AM

Mar 2015
Wow that was really sneaky by Endou, but hey, he did sign the contract. Always gotta read the fine print!

In the end, they're all happy. Yay!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 9, 2020 9:56 PM

Jun 2016
Well at least he paid all his debt,now he can just start from the scratch working 9 to 5.
Feb 11, 2020 7:08 PM
Jul 2019
Good ending, but that was honestly a terrible season. The bog arc dragged like hell. It kept on dragging and dragging so that at one point stopped being tense and I was just like "F**king hell finish this already, win or lose but let it end please". The scenes of yelling at a matching and continuous crying with little to no mind games made it tedious to follow. Unlike first season which introduced games you can actually think of a strategy to win, about half of this season was Kaiji screaming at a luck based machine and begging for more money to play one more game hoping it will work this time. More than half of the season was like that.

I gave first season a 9 but this doesn't deserve anything more than 6 for me. Was actually going to give it 5 but since the final episode was a good ending that closed on the anime pretty well, 6 seems fair to me.
May 1, 2020 7:02 AM
Jun 2017
Kaiji your the real hero--- he does really saves his friends up until the end. Thats what a real true friend is all about. Yeah...

Love this series...
Jun 15, 2020 9:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Just finished rewatching it for the third time lol still a huge 10/10 even after 3 times
Aug 10, 2020 6:42 PM
Aug 2019
The ending was so wholesome awwww T^T I cried happy tears. Kudos to the man in black for giving kaiji play money coz kaiji has some serious money management issues.

Was fucking frustrated because of the slow pace but the intensity was worth it imo. Kaiji really is a crazy one. Guess I'll try reading the manga
Aug 13, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2015
Ok other than the horrible betrayal that left Kaiji back to square one this was a pretty decent episode. Definitely my favourite part was that guard guy encouraging Kaiji and just generally being nice. That was honestly soooo refreshing when the entire series these suit guys have been painted as messengers from hell.

Overall Kaiji was a really unique series that Ive never seen anything like it before. Tbh I thought they'd end the series with Kaiji beating Hyodo but this works as well. He's finally cleared his debt and is a free man. He's back and square one with money but he's learned a lot from it and still managed to stay kind throughout. To me thats what the series Kaiji was really about, Kaiji going through hell and back and still staying the nice man through all these horrible situations. Kaiji never let go of his morals and even when it fucked him over he stuck by them.

I find it funny that the guy that sent him into this hell in the first place was the one that betrayed him in the end. It is symbolic of what he himself said "He hasnt changed at all". To be honest the Endo thing didnt surprise me cause when he insisted on the contract and Kaiji just signed it off I knew something was up.

Overall great series. Season 2 felt like an addition more than a resolution cause yes he cleared his debt but the whole Hyodo thing was never resolved and we only saw him watching towards the end. But great series.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2020 7:08 PM

Mar 2010
Kaiji is so hopeless. Well I hope after that last gamble he will stop gambling and just work and hang out with the lads.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 6, 2020 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
Wow what a surprise. Kaiji gets screwed over again cause he's a naive dumbass. Finally the bog arc is over, holy shit what a drag that was to get through. I still love the show though, but that arc lowered it from a 9 to an 8 for sure. Hopefully we get a Season 3 at some point
Oct 4, 2020 11:08 AM

Jan 2017
sakazaki should have given him some of his money. after all he wouldn't have been able to defeat the machine, if he didn't borrow the 10 mil from endou.

huge respect for that teiai-guy for giving kaiji some money, so he could celebrate with the boys.

the ending was great and extremely satisfying.
Oct 12, 2020 11:33 PM

Nov 2010
Damn the last few episodes was so frustrating to watch! It felt like my freedom and life was also at stake with them. Brilliant anime 9/10
Nov 8, 2020 3:37 AM
Sep 2020
To sum it up: I HATE IT!!!!
Nov 29, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2016
Great series, it was very entertaining and the ending was satisfying. Kaiji sure is an unlucky person, by the way. I’ll think about reading the manga.
Dec 3, 2020 12:50 PM

Mar 2020
Damn Kaiji did it again lmao, you really can't hate him for that tho...
Even tho I like the last season more this was still really good 8/10
Joe, Joe Forever....
Jan 19, 2021 6:30 PM

Aug 2018
Fuuucking Endou :(

It was relieveing at last, Kaiji free from debt and managed to save his allies and Ishida's son. Also he spent $100 to a normal pachinko in a day lmao, loser Kaiji is best Kaiji.

Good ending felt like a closure too. I did read some spoilers of the manga and trust me the following games are very very long, I think the mahjong and one poker arc will take 52 eps to animate.
Feb 20, 2021 12:53 PM

Nov 2018
Great ending.
You better read carefully before you sign anything.

It was a good series speedrun. 52 episodes in 2 days.
I need some sleep ...
I hate everyone equally
Jul 29, 2021 9:01 AM
Feb 2018
Kaiji never learns. He wants Ichijo to challenge him again?

Kaiji, way too good for his own good. He feels obligated to save the 45ers, Ishida's son and still split the money? The 45ers didn't go through having to figure everything out, the effort for set up and of course Kaiji's blood nails which was torture. Freeing them is one thing but they did not do much to deserve the split of the money.

Also fucking Endou, hope he gets screwed over later on. He too barely deserved the money. He didn't even have full faith that Kaiji was going to win. The money he lent ended up not being enough either, so all he contributed was... lending money and some manpower help.

The black suit that gave Kaiji money was really nice though. Wonder how much they get paid and whether that amount of money was a huge dent to his pay. Hope we see him again in the future.

Not so happy ending but definitely a satisfying one (except Endou getting away), Ichijo getting his punishment, Kaiji being free of debt and having new friends.
Nov 22, 2021 4:59 PM

Apr 2021
Just finished my re-watch of this series. It's been so long that I actually forgot a bunch of plot points and twists, so it was almost like watching Kaiji all over again! I was reminded of why I liked this show so much. The direction, the stakes, the artstyle, the music, the sound design, all of it was fantastic!

It's been a decade since this season had finished airing, so the chances of a third season happening are slim, but honestly the ending here was near perfect as is (Especially with them re-using the first opening!). I'll still hold out hope that Kaiji will return someday, just like how Baki did and became an ongoing old-school type show.

In the meantime, I'll start reading the manga, since the physical releases seem to have completed the Espoir arc. Hope to catch up to this point in the story in manga format soon!
Dec 29, 2021 5:07 PM

Apr 2016
I have to be honest, if i wasn't previously invested in the characters, i would have probably dropped the show... the episodes with games had a horrible pace, seemed like 2/3 was filler, the final battle is so long i didn't care anymore... but still a good conclusion.
Jan 10, 2022 4:59 PM
Oct 2016
The battle with the Bog was definitely way too long but was a complete rollercoaster of emotion. Endo honestly could have just given Kaiji some money back or at least written off some of the debt, and here I was thinking he had become the MVP of the season.

I absolutely lost it when the first season opening started playing at the end, Kaiji may be broke but he has made so many people happy, I love seeing him get to enjoy life and then ending on the same shot that opened the first season was great.
Jan 19, 2022 3:08 PM

Jun 2020
Shit was good what can I say lmao
This anime shit is addictive
Apr 11, 2022 6:24 PM

Feb 2021
Well it's not like I was expecting for Kaiji to end up rich. I'm never touching a machine like that after watching this season
Apr 25, 2022 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
Personally I liked this season better than first one although both are rated the same on my list. Great series indeed.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 14 Discussion

Ruri-san - Oct 2, 2011

19 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 10, 4:02 AM

» Kaiji's Tragedy

Loveinsanithy - Apr 20

7 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
Apr 20, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShiroiRyu - Sep 20, 2011

86 by Phixiately »»
Mar 5, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShiroiRyu - Sep 16, 2011

71 by Phixiately »»
Mar 4, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Guns47 - Sep 8, 2011

95 by Phixiately »»
Mar 3, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.