Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 7, 2014 11:43 PM

Oct 2009
Oh man I want more.....gonna miss this.
A bit of an underwhelming finale but works :)

Would be a 10/10 but some of the jokes were overdone and some rather lame.
9/10
Feb 2, 2014 1:01 PM
Jul 2012
Well, NOW what am I supposed to do? Is there some petition we can sign, or, more proactively, somebody we can kidnap and hold hostage, in order to get more episodes of this made?

I really just started watching it because every so often I just couldn't face the next episode of Madoka, and I needed a lighthearted alternative. I was not expecting it to turn into one of my Very Favorite Things.
Feb 27, 2014 10:42 PM

Jul 2012
First couple of episodes were very enjoyable and the comedy was great so I was pumped for an awesome ride.

Then as the show went on, certain segments became dull to watch, some things were way over done, jokes dragged on and although a great episode/part would pop up every now and then, generally the series lost a bit of fun.

In the end, I still got a kick out of it but this was just a good series to me, not a great one.
Mar 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
A bit underwhelming for a final episode, to be honest. That being said, it was still pretty good.

It kind of bugged me that there's all these interesting characters, yet they only showed a handful of them. It looked like they were trying though, because quite a few did appear. The ending shows them all too, so I guess that helps.

I really liked the call back to the very first scene of the series at the end.

It was interesting how the go-soccer club's plane was focused on towards the end too.

I feel so bad for Nakamura. She seems like she really loves Sakamoto/Boss. I feel even worse for Sakamoto though!

It was nice seeing Yuuko actually interact with some of the side characters for a brief moment.

I also liked the implication that the gundere and go-soccer couples were getting closer.

This episode wasn't as heartwarming as the last, but still touching. It's nice to see Nano finally realize that everybody has always accepted her, and finally accept herself.

Though I didn't find it perfect, I enjoyed this series. I'm sad it's over, but I'm happy that it didn't get drawn out. 26 episodes was a nice length.

I give it a 8/10. Like many people have said, the humor is pretty hit or miss. However, I love the art, animation, and characters enough to forgive it for that. Not to mention that it was hilarious at times.
BanjaMar 11, 2014 4:08 PM
Apr 23, 2014 6:18 AM

Sep 2013
Was glad to see the jankenpon show up again, had kinda missed it.

Some episodes were a bit meh, but most were fun and had some laughs. Even if they didn't get me laughing i still found myself smiling. Almost all the characters are enjoyable, gonna miss Mio-chan and Yuuko and of course Nano.

Felt bad for Nakamura at the end, she just misses her cat!

Great series to watch when you just want to relax a bit, and not have to think too much, 8/10.
LusboxApr 23, 2014 2:33 PM
May 6, 2014 7:37 AM
May 2014
Brian12 said:
They HAVE to make an OVA

To be honest, I think it would be just like a standard episode.
May 30, 2014 1:35 AM

May 2013
good lord what an amazing show the last episode was so perfect i really hope they continue it at some point
Jul 9, 2014 5:13 PM

Dec 2012
Aww what a sweet episode~!
Poor Sakamoto can't catch a break
I'm glad I gave this anime a go - Sad it's over
Aug 1, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2014
Lala-p said:

It was 11 out of 10 from me !!!
How will this kind of best Anime will sell horribly, how will "One Piece" <<< Rubbish Anime sell so good ? I want explaination, I want One Piece not to exist, I want Nichijou Season 2, and I want Nano back so badly !!!
Aug 4, 2014 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
ExthiousDwayne said:
Lala-p said:

It was 11 out of 10 from me !!!
How will this kind of best Anime will sell horribly, how will "One Piece" <<< Rubbish Anime sell so good ? I want explaination, I want One Piece not to exist, I want Nichijou Season 2, and I want Nano back so badly !!!

i think the main reason this didnt sold well was because they put it tad too expensive in japan...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 5, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2012
Dat blackbird
Somehow it's too normal to become a last episode... for me
Also, I would like to see Principal vs. Vice-Principal... You know like the Principal vs. the deer
xD

Stark700 said:
And wow, that is one fucking hard melon. Took all that and they still didn't break it? Sad.

Silly you
It's a pumpkin.. or a kabocha!!
Just don't try to hit someone with this xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 6, 2014 12:06 AM

Aug 2014
Ray_Light said:
Dat blackbird
Somehow it's too normal to become a last episode... for me
Also, I would like to see Principal vs. Vice-Principal... You know like the Principal vs. the deer
xD

Stark700 said:
And wow, that is one fucking hard melon. Took all that and they still didn't break it? Sad.

Silly you
It's a pumpkin.. or a kabocha!!
Just don't try to hit someone with this xD

Nichijou deserve more than all other Anime.
Aug 9, 2014 6:14 AM
Oct 2011
Finished and overall a retard anime lol
Lame jokes. Maybe a 8~12 years old audience will find it funny.
Oct 5, 2014 9:13 AM

Feb 2014
9/10 for me.. it was awesome

Nov 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Sep 2014
Damn it! 26 EP's is not enough.. Wish there was more.. This is definitely one of the funniest anime ever.. There was never a dull moment and all the characters are likable.. I enjoyed it from start to finish.. Overall, a great comedy anime!

~ 9/10 ~
Nov 11, 2014 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
Glad I picked this anime back up, one of the most unique and fun slice of lifes. Hakase and Nano made this anime worth every second of it!

9/10
Dec 8, 2014 5:30 PM
Jan 2014
I loved the series, It's my favorite kind of comedy, and part of why I love Gintama so much. The characters that are just so fun to be with, to watch they live. It makes you realize that everyday life really is a basketball game.

10/10
Jan 2, 2015 8:48 PM

Nov 2007
I will remember this masterpiece for the rest of my life. :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 4, 2015 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
God this anime was amazing had some great laughs
The professor was the best <3
Loved how they would randomly change the art style and all the random funny ^-^
8/10 for me :D
[/quote]
Jan 17, 2015 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
Great comedy, Hakase was the best character of course. 8/10
Feb 6, 2015 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
10/10 I loved Hakase and Nano
Feb 8, 2015 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
I laughed so hard throughout this anime series.
Out of all the characters, I love Yuuko the most.
Yuuko sure is funny, can't stop laughing.
Will miss this anime...
Mar 12, 2015 7:33 AM
Nov 2014
Wow, I thought this will be an average show but it has completely blew that expectation. Great humour and I thought there is alot of moments from this show that you can call it a masterpiece.

9/10
Mar 14, 2015 8:24 AM

Jun 2014
Insane pumpkin

Is Nano having second doubts over her key? Doesn't it already spin when Nano is happy or feeling stressed?

Noooo it just ends! The last ED was a beautiful piece.

Mar 17, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Very simply closes this show, nothing glitzy and nothing sensational is proposed to us, but only the classic "Nichijou" everyday.
Pleasant and entertaining storytelling, with a touch of craziness that has never been lacking; sin is already finished, I wanted it to last at least twice, oh well.
Drawings and animations good time too.
TV Series pleasant throughout, cute characters and a good dose of characterization, even if I wanted to know even the secondary ones.
Very nice soundtrack.
My vote is 8/10!
Apr 20, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 2015
I want more Nichijou... I could watch it every day :/ But I'm glad it had 26 episodes, not 13. Every single one of them had its moments, and I wasn't really prepared for the emotions at the end. I guess I should read the manga now... or rewatch everything from scratch :D

I gave it a 10, it's probably an overkill, but I can't see how this show could be any better. Perhaps by having more episodes, that's it.
Apr 20, 2015 9:39 AM

Oct 2012
They really ended nice with this one, Nano getting her "heart" and still keeping her key.
Last two episodes were the best.

As for the rest of the series I have to say that after watching first half I was on verge of dropping this. But then it gradually got better and better and jokes suddenly having more sense and being more funny.

So it's 4/10 for the first part and 7/10 for the second one.

6/10 Overall
May 2, 2015 7:42 PM

Jul 2014
Before watching this anime, I thought this show was nothing more than moe trash.

Thank God I was wrong. This anime was great and really fun to watch. A shame it's over.
Jul 1, 2015 12:09 AM

Mar 2014
I gotta say that there is not one episode that didn't make me laugh which says a lot about Nichijou. Definitely going to miss this anime, but I guess all good things must come to an end. xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 6, 2015 6:23 AM
Dec 2011
very heart worming wonderful story about the miracle of life and kick ass fun that comes with... this anime is brilliant in every way a very sweet creation from the world of anime definitely one of a kind masterpiece anyone who is a fan of anime this is a must watch its just beautiful i really hope someday this will get a 2nd season , ova, movie or something i just want more "nichijou" never thought i will miss it this much i already miss the characters ...
you can relate to them very easily . time went so fast i will miss you nichijou :3 wow its like saying goodbye to my friends. i bow my head to the creators the voice actors and every and anyone who was a part of this beautiful masterpiece :3
Jul 18, 2015 6:22 PM
Feb 2015
God even while rewatching I was in tears at the end, this anime is just too good

Guess I'll have to rewatch it again and read the manga
Aug 9, 2015 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty boring show IMO. A few funny moments here and there, but nothing special. Too many dragged-out scenes.

3/10
D-ohnutsAug 14, 2016 5:39 PM
Aug 27, 2015 7:50 AM

Aug 2015
Came here to this anime for the characters, stayed for the plot. Regretted the stay.
The Ending was rather anti-climatic for me, with Nano stayed the way she is, added to other supporting characters' incomplete progress with their romance. Had some good laugh though...
AdviotAug 27, 2015 7:59 AM
"I have a vision, where aviation and endurance sport integrate one another." ~ Adventure Aviator
Dec 23, 2015 4:44 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol at the pumpkin part! Sweet ending to an amazingly quirky series.

For this episode: 5/5
For this series: 9/10
Jan 14, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2013
At the beginning this anime seemed so boring to me, but now i got used to it.
Enjoyed so much this anime, the characters, random funny moments xD
I will surely miss it, hope they make a 2nd season.
Thank you for all the laugh Nichijou <3
9/10 won't forget this great anime.

P.s This is one of those animes that when it ends you don't know what to do, and you wish for it to never end.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 18, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Liked this episode quite a lot. Some of the comedy flew over my head, unfortunately, but i like the style and some episodes left me laughing pretty hard. Not sure of i rate or 7, still enjoyed it overall.
Feb 18, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2014
That pumpkin part, didn't see that conclusion xD Laughed so hard when Professor only put the small one in, then put the big one back, lol.

Well it an interesting series atleast. The beginning was pretty boring, with only a few funny moments here and there, but towards the end the comedy got soo much better. Mio & Sakamoto are the MvPs for sure, always funny when those two were involved!

7/10, though I'm catering quite abit towards 8 aswell.
Apr 28, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2011
What torture watching this. So glad it ended. KyoAni never makes something good. I wish that these group of characters would've just stayed apart, but people probably thought it would've made the series confusing.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Apr 30, 2016 1:12 PM
Mar 2015
Final done watching this series. It was nice watching it with other people in the club. It made the experience better! 10/10
May 16, 2016 3:49 AM

Jun 2015
I feel.....empty.
I'm going to download all of them very soon so i can rewatch over and over again.

10/10 overall series
May 19, 2016 4:08 AM

Oct 2015
Some day I hope we can see another season of this amazing series, it is probably one of the best I have ever watched.
Jun 25, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
And so... it ends. Was an interesting anime journey, some episodes were great, others a bit boring. But overall a very good comedy show. 8/10
Oct 5, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2009
That Pumpkin tho. ROFL!

I'm really sad right now because there is no more Nichijou.
Episode 19's shrine scene is still in my head. :D

I will miss them all.

sayonara Jankenpon and Helvetica Standard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2016 8:26 AM

Jun 2015
What a great show. It's really sad that it didn't get a season 2.
Nov 15, 2016 8:48 AM

Nov 2016
I was on the fence of giving this anime a 9 or a 10 but the last 5 episodes helped me make a decision and it's a 9/10 from me. My fourth favourite anime at the moment.
Jan 25, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2010
Now this was great. Self-acceptance. Tiny miracles. I liked the themes. Also the humor was great. Almost all the characters were fun esp. Mio, Yukko, Fecchan, Anna, Takasaki-sensei made me laugh the most. Esp. Mio was the star of the show with Yukko close behind.

Nakamura, Sakamoto, Yuria, Daiku were fun too.

And I forgive Mai and Hakase, gah. Still dont like some aspect of theirs but as if I can hate anyone after that heartwarming ending.

8.5/10
Jan 31, 2017 9:33 PM

May 2014
Aw, that felt like it ended prematurely. I want to see more ;_; Did hakase actually give her a slightly smaller screw? Pretty sure she just put the rotating piece underneath her existing screw, but the screw at the end did look like it was smaller in scale to Nano...

One thing that I wish happened before the end of this anime would have been for Takasaki-sensei to confess to Sakurai-sensei, or ask her on a date. Him managing to jump over that hurdle and her getting all flustered and shy would have been something truly wondrous to behold.

Oh well. This show was nonstop comedy gold! Really enjoyed it. 9/10.
Feb 9, 2017 4:38 AM

Mar 2015
Aaaand it's over.

8/10, would've been a great 9/10 were it not for that fucking annoying Hakase
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 19, 2017 2:52 AM

Oct 2015
That a hilarious anime even though it was about every day life of a school girl. Hakase never intended to remove the big key on Nano's back instead she enhanced it, but anyway Nano did not mind this time. Sakamoto and yukko were my stars but i appreciate Mai's weird humor too.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 6, 2017 10:17 AM

Sep 2015
So I really enjoyed this series. It was funny, it was weird, it was different. It never had much of a plot or anything to get emotionally invested in. But it was one of the more irreverent anime I've ever seen. And while not every joke might have landed, it was far too fast moving to dwell on the things that didn't work. I liked it, I liked a lot of its huge cast and I'm a little sad I've seen all of the series that's been animated now.

However I was ever so slightly disappointed by these last three episodes. The preceding two were obsessed with progressing the crushes and budding romances of the series. Even though with a few exceptions, these were elements from the show I could care less about. And it didn't even actually give much advancement or resolution to any of them. But hey I don't mind that too much. The idea that high school romances last forever is a silly anime fantasy. I didn't need all of the characters to get great confession scenes and live happily ever after. I just don't know why it devoted so much of it's end of series time to romance, if it wasn't going to do anything with it. Mio's running away scene was a highlight in all of this.

I think this final episode started to feel more like a solid conclusion. I thought the scene of Yukko blundering her way through the school and accidentally helping various supporting characters was kind of brilliant. I thought the conclusion with Hikase and Nano's screw was really effective. Part of me wanted an ending more in the vein of K-On. Where the girls all express their love for one another. And the series ends jerking your heart strings, that even the happiest most idyllic high school experiences must end, But that's not what this show was about. At least I don't think. It's not about the ever changing nature of time and fleeting youth. It's about a time in your life when you're satisfied. When days just like the one you had could go on forever. And you didn't even realize yet you were this content. In that vein I think all the mains laughing it up at Shimogame Labs is a perfect ending for this clever but dopey little series. I give it a solid 9/10. Wish KyoAni made more stuff like this.
SubscriberSunJun 6, 2017 10:20 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 30, 2011

141 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shuncchi - Apr 23, 2011

153 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Apr 16, 2011

137 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 9, 2011

198 by RGreatDanton »»
May 8, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Apr 2, 2011

286 by RGreatDanton »»
May 8, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.