Forum Settings
Forums
BLAME!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2011 1:40 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wait the baby was created by two women's embryos.........And Killy ended up in a lake the the baby was being "born" in the lake and thats how it ends...........

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 5, 2012 6:19 AM

Feb 2012
I assume that he reached that safe place, thus he completed his mission but he is staying with the child and protects it although I don't know what's so special about the child that it can save the city.

It's the second time I've read BLAME!, the first time I didn't get the ending at all, this time I understood it better but still not fully.
Jul 30, 2012 2:25 PM

Jan 2012
Killy gets closer to the limits of the city, it's even raining. He loses his left leg and uses a wooden leg, I wonder if he doesn't have enough remaining energy to heal himself.
He encounters an enemy (who is carrying a GBE weapon too) and they shot each other, the enemy dies but Killy enters in recovery mode. The pipe fills with water (??) and the current drags him to a lake where the sphere drifts away. The sphere finally reached an uncontamined area, so a human is starting to grow.
In the last page we can see Killy protecting a little kid, who is wearing a gas mask, this kid is probably the one created by the sphere, they continue their journey together to connect the kid (who i assume has net genes) to the NetSphere
skualninjaJul 30, 2012 2:55 PM
Jul 30, 2012 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
The ending of BLAME! made no sense to me...
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Aug 2, 2012 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
taketori said:
The ending of BLAME! made no sense to me...

I recommend re-reading the whole thing, you will understand more if you do.
Mar 26, 2016 7:31 PM

Mar 2016
I think the ending loops back to the beginning of the manga and that is the child, or "pure structure" he is traveling with at the start.
Mar 26, 2016 7:32 PM

Sep 2009
I thought the embryo was supposed to be the carrier of the net terminal gene thing, but iunno. The whole thing is kinda hard to follow with so little dialogue.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 14, 2016 8:05 AM

Aug 2014
Kinda expected that kind of ending -_-

I didn't think this was amazing like everyone else. The concept was something I really enjoyed and the characters for the most part were interesting as well but the vagueness in everything was just too off-putting for me to appreciate it in its honesty. A shame because I really wanted to like this but it got to a point where I just didn't care about what was happening anymore.
6/10
KashKetchumNov 14, 2016 4:01 PM
Mar 14, 2018 5:42 PM

Oct 2017
SoundsOfTheWild3 said:
I think the ending loops back to the beginning of the manga and that is the child, or "pure structure" he is traveling with at the start.

I thought Killy was going to be thrown back to the lowest level of the world/city/whatever again, when the pipe started to be flooded with water, and he'd be forced to restart his journey. Seems like I wasn't so wrong and this whole "restart from the zero" looping thing makes sense.
Apr 26, 2018 10:15 AM

Oct 2009
Rasco said:
Wait the baby was created by two women's embryos..

So it is Sanakan and Cibo's gene combination.
Zhou said:
I don't know what's so special about the child that it can save the city.

Net terminal gene and highest level safeguard, I don't see a much stronger combination.
SoundsOfTheWild3 said:

I dunno man :/. The first couple of chapters are so difficult to put into context. I think the woman that comes down via elevator and takes the kid into a capsule in should be Cibo. And by the looks of it Killy has handed over such a pure structure more than once. So I kinda doubt it is the child from the embryo.
I just had a different idea. Maybe the woman who comes down is the grown up embryo and she is talking to Cibo on the phone. The three of them are living/working together, trying to find more humans and recovering the city.
Apr 26, 2018 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
WiseKouichi said:
SoundsOfTheWild3 said:

I dunno man :/. The first couple of chapters are so difficult to put into context. I think the woman that comes down via elevator and takes the kid into a capsule in should be Cibo. And by the looks of it Killy has handed over such a pure structure more than once. So I kinda doubt it is the child from the embryo.
I just had a different idea. Maybe the woman who comes down is the grown up embryo and she is talking to Cibo on the phone. The three of them are living/working together, trying to find more humans and recovering the city.

I don't know why people are commenting the ending of the manga in this thread when there's a thread for chapter 66. Really.

And no, it doesn't end in a loop. Killy achieve his objective and that child with the mask seen in the last page is indeed the embryo child (who possess the net terminal gene).

I advise you all to read BLAME!² and Net Sphere Engineer.
Apr 28, 2018 2:54 AM

Oct 2009
Veldarth said:

And no, it doesn't end in a loop. Killy achieve his objective and that child with the mask seen in the last page is indeed the embryo child (who possess the net terminal gene).

I advise you all to read BLAME!² and Net Sphere Engineer.

Okay, then, what is your take on the first couple of chapters?
Apr 28, 2018 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
WiseKouichi said:

My take on what exactly? What did you find so hard to understand in the first couple of chapters?
Apr 29, 2018 8:16 AM

Oct 2009
Veldarth said:
WiseKouichi said:

My take on what exactly? What did you find so hard to understand in the first couple of chapters?

Its place in the chronological order and who that kid is or who the woman is that picks up the kid. Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions but you seem to be a bit upset. Sorry if I'm too dumb and don't understand something as well as you do.
Apr 29, 2018 6:42 PM

Aug 2012
WiseKouichi said:
Its place in the chronological order and who that kid is or who the woman is that picks up the kid. Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions but you seem to be a bit upset. Sorry if I'm too dumb and don't understand something as well as you do.

The first volume is the starting point, the worldbuilding. There's nothing too complicated about it. The kid is a potential candidate for the net-terminal gene and the "elevator" woman, who picks him up, an agent from the Governing agency.

Sorry if I sounded upset, it wasn't my intention.
Apr 30, 2018 2:23 AM

Oct 2009
Veldarth said:
The first volume is the starting point, the worldbuilding. There's nothing too complicated about it. The kid is a potential candidate for the net-terminal gene and the "elevator" woman, who picks him up, an agent from the Governing agency.

Ah, I see, that makes sense. In Chapter 5 Killy hears the first time about the authorities/governing agency. So do you think he didn't know about it in chapter 1? If yes, then I would be curious on what basis he entrusts the woman with the pure structure.
Veldarth said:
Sorry if I sounded upset, it wasn't my intention

No problem, I'm sorry as well for accusing you.
Apr 30, 2018 8:09 AM

Aug 2012
WiseKouichi said:
Veldarth said:

Ah, I see, that makes sense. In Chapter 5 Killy hears the first time about the authorities/governing agency. So do you think he didn't know about it in chapter 1? If yes, then I would be curious on what basis he entrusts the woman with the pure structure.

Blame! has two major "factions", the Governing agency and the Silicon life. In chapter 5, we hear about the Safeguards, an independent program originally designed to protect the Netsphere.

Killy is from a time before the City/Netsphere went haywire. He is so old that over time, he basically 'resets' all but the vital information for his mission. This is evidenced in chapter 14, when he "remembers" his more "advanced" body functions after being shot with 'safeguard compound'. This also explain the more human behavior he had at the start of the manga.
Jun 18, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
Oh damn... so he finally got the egg and killed the clone. Is the last panel him defending the child?
Mar 25, 2020 8:08 PM

Aug 2018
Didn't like it all 3/10.
May 15, 2020 4:42 AM

Mar 2020
Thought the water was gonna take him all the way back to level 1 and he was gonna restart this whole fuckin shit again
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 4, 2022 2:29 AM
Aug 2017
Just, what the fuck. Loved every chapter. 8/10
Jul 11, 2022 6:56 PM
Apr 2016
I just finished it and found it absolutely incredible. Right up my alley. The art is absolutely stunning, the story telling is great, the character design is amazing and the themes/motives are intertwined beautifully. There may be stories that I enjoy more but this is one of the only manga that I would truly consider as a work of art.
Jun 16, 2023 11:19 AM
Apr 2023
where can you read netsphere engineer
Jul 10, 2023 7:22 PM
Mar 2021
ngl this manga is such a journey in every single way. hard to understand sometimes and maybe too vague for my liking (since i'm not the smartest mf on earth) but holy shit it was great.
Dec 30, 2023 9:29 PM
Nov 2020
Dang still a bunch of unanswered questions. Like what Killy is, we only really know he predates safeguards. So I assume Killy has existed since before the disaster? But then we still don’t know why he didn’t have his memories (or memories to help him in his journey). My final guess is he’s a part of the net to restore the net terminal gene should it ever be lost. Like how silicon innately want to destroy the gene, Killy wants to restore it. Nevertheless great manga, definitely deserves respect. I suppose in the end a lot is left to ambiguity.
SpenterDec 30, 2023 9:33 PM
Apr 24, 9:55 PM
Dec 2022
kinda confusing ending, great manga though wtf
was confusing at some points but was still really good

loved the art in this

More topics from this board

Poll: » BLAME! Chapter 66 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 6, 2010

61 by JaniSIr »»
May 6, 4:52 PM

Poll: » BLAME! Chapter 57 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 23, 2011

15 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 9:38 PM

Poll: » BLAME! Chapter 49 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 23, 2011

16 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 9:22 PM

Poll: » BLAME! Chapter 42 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 23, 2011

15 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 8:37 PM

Poll: » BLAME! Chapter 38 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 23, 2011

16 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.