Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 11, 2016 11:08 PM

Sep 2015
In the end both the kids and Renton found respect for one another I guess.
Jun 15, 2017 5:14 AM

Jul 2008
Forget Brightslaps, we need Bright PUNCHES!!!
Sep 21, 2017 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Those kids are idiots, can't blame Renton for being pissed off at them.

Then he took them up in the robot, he shouldn't have, that was probably like some prize to them.
Nov 4, 2017 11:48 PM

Feb 2015
.....what the heck happened with the elephant thingie???? japanese culture???

i was willing to hate the kids until the day i died but their repentance was enough. i hope they don't go to their bratty ways because dang they're murderable, they're so annoying.

and i want to say renton reminds me of part 1 naruto but i don't want to because they're nothing alike lol.

also i'm sensing way too much deus ex machina in this anime. hope it isn't that obvious at least in the future.
Jan 10, 2018 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
Ahhh I'm glad it has finished, the kids were pissing me off so much :/
Mar 18, 2018 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
About time the little motherfuckers stopped being trouble.

Now hopefully onto serious plot
Jul 6, 2019 8:22 PM

Apr 2019
Renton should have sucker punched those kids, fuck them. How can he fall from a ladder and don't get mad? Then in the end he gets punished, but the dumb kids don't? But I guess this problem is solved now. He should have gone after Talho since the beginning. Storywriter is a banger but I gan't get past the fact that they are killing soldiers so easily... Renton should freak out a little.
Dec 6, 2019 11:19 AM

Nov 2016
These kids defintiely redeemed themselves at the end.

And yep, I approve the fact that Renton has to get punished for his recklessness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2020 10:29 PM

Apr 2015
At least the kids are fighting for something. It's stupid, but acceptable cuz they are still kids.
Apr 23, 2020 3:10 PM
Jan 2017
With this episode I closed, really a shit of souls, nothing is taken seriously and above all does not make people laugh if that was the goal. Do you understand what the goal of the series is, action? In 6 episodes I have seen bad fights and haste, drama? Are the few things that happen really unexciting and not at all dramatic, comic? I'll be me but the whole series is especially this episode have been irritating to say the least. The military they face are perfect idiots who, regardless of the superiority of me, have opponents who are crushed like midges. The children in this episode break their balls in an absurd way and are not punished at all because they are children but he is scolded at Renton who is himself saying that he was not educated because he had no parents when the children themselves are the cause everything and are in the same situation. Randomly he takes them into battle with a mecha just to amuse them with the serious possibility of dying him and the brats more than reporting what they did to the boss. All the emotions of the characters are super emphasized to the point of making them nauseating. Just writing and even in a language that is not mine I can't express how disappointing this product is. Who has put high marks on the series but especially on episode 6 must understand that anime has not understood anything. probably going forward the story evolves, but with these fundamentals of poop I do not see anything potentially interesting. 6 episodes are enough to say firmly that this series does not deserve to be continued.
TommiVateJul 20, 2022 1:27 PM
May 13, 2020 7:44 AM
Mar 2019
As others have stated; the kids put a damper on my enjoyment of the show (though it’s far from the only thing that annoys me). There are a lot of contrived plot details already in just 6 episodes which doesn’t bode well for the future of the narrative.
I’m still confused as to what gekkostate is exactly. They seem to be some kind of rebel gang and/or ex military militia? But they aren’t exactly an underground operation seeing as they have a general exposure to society and have a presumably modest to large fan base.
This was one of my main concerns with the writing starting in ep 1 where I questioned the contrivance of Renton’s admiration of Holland.

Production values still seem to be inconsistent at time, though ep 5 and 6 are better than episode 4 in that sense.
Dec 22, 2020 4:42 AM

Jul 2017
Those kids were insufferable, Renton had the patience of a Buddhist monk to not just kick them like footballs for what all they were pulling at him, even putting him and Gekkostate in danger as a whole with their unfunny pranks. I know they're kids but it's also a fault that Eureka has to take since she hasn't played her mother role well enough when it comes to observation and discipline. Luckily she recognized that and the kids also recognized their actions after Renton took the fall and saved their asses (while even he is getting his own discipline from Holland after Renton didn't get to be disciplined as a person once his parents passed away when he was young). It was a frustrating first half for sure, but a better second half by some distance. Hope the kids don't frustrate me as much as they've done in this first batch of episodes.

Also, still feel like Gekkostate as a whole still feels vague to me with its beliefs/purpose for existing, since I feel like the company lacks an identity here in this show in regards to what exactly are they doing that isn't just fighting with mechs that can skyboard. The politics and the organizations still aren't well explained and thought out 6 episodes in, hope that becomes clearer soon.
Oct 9, 2021 12:27 AM

Mar 2016
Despite its size and various protruding shapes, the Gekko can be passed off as a stealthy vessel with the Compac Interference! What a marvel!

Yes, it's true that Renton is still a boy, just as the three children are still kids. However, it's actually adult-like of him to persevere through their countless petty pranks so that he could face Eureka without shame, and ultimately taking the blame for the kids' actions. For that, I respect him, that last scene where they sat together is the warmest place a man can be, like in a family.

On the contrary, Renton is a reckless dumbass for taking a joyride with the kids ABOVE AN ACTUAL MILITARY BASE! That's the stupidest act he's done thus far. Even if his contribution is helpful, it's a massive risk nevertheless and Holland's punishment is a great response to remind Renton of his fault.

Oct 9, 2021 12:27 AM

Mar 2016

I can't believe this, you're all catastrophically wrong! Didn't you pay attention to the ep when one of the kids mention their pranks? here let me tell you about what the Elephant toilet scene meant...
RENTON's ZIPPER IS FUCKING SEWN CLOSED BY THE KIDS, HE CANNOT OPEN THE DAMN ZIPPER, THUS HE CAN'T URINATE (Symbolized by the Elephant and his expanding trunk)
Dec 17, 2021 8:37 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Those kids are a nuisance. If I were Renton, I would have Holland boot their sorry asses out of Gekkostate.
Jan 29, 2022 9:50 AM
Nov 2020
bringing kids in an enemy base, nice.
Apr 6, 6:25 PM
Jul 2014
i wonder how many people have Renton and Eureka casually killed at this point. there seems to be a ton of violence and yet the absence of bodies and conscience.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 1, 2008

56 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.