Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2011 7:09 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Neptune is attacked. Moon and Uranus learn to work together, and Usagi pretty much finds out Uranus is Haruka.
May 17, 2013 1:36 AM

Jun 2009
She didn't find out, she suspects. Good episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 10, 2014 10:10 AM
Mar 2013
The episode was alright. Wish the racing part in the beginning was longer but whatever. It was great to see Serena and Haruka work together.
Mar 16, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
Usagi and Uranus won even without the other Senshi and Tuxedo. Great :3
Mar 23, 2014 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
If I'm not mistaken, this episode is often mentioned in feminist articles/reviews of Sailor Moon. I don't know, I kinda found this episode to be really sexist and stupid. The male motocross racers wanted to KILL Uranus just because she was a girl. Come on, that's not feminist, that's sexist.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 23, 2014 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
Yep it was sexist...but did Usagi figure out who Uranus is? Not that any of their identities aren't obvious.
Dec 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think they wanted to kill her, just hurt her so she wouldn't be able to compete in the next race.
Dec 19, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2016
Bunny was annoying in this episode...Get the hint when Uranus says she doesn't want to be touched etc. and letting Uranus scratch her back was uncalled for
Mar 19, 2017 8:17 PM
Jul 2015
This was the gayest episode of Sailor Moon since... the previous episode of Sailor Moon.
Jun 27, 2017 11:04 PM
Jul 2013
the beginning definitely annoyed me with all that sexism.

otherwise a decent episode. i liked seeing sailor moon and sailor uranus work together.
Jul 14, 2017 11:15 PM
Nov 2015
Love how the 2 groups of Sailor Senshi are contrasting each other and beginning to sort out their difference.

The chain ring is a pretty good weapon.
Oct 9, 2018 11:41 AM

Mar 2017
"You won against us in a competition, but you're a girl. We will fucking murder you now." - A totally legit thing sane people say and do. Seriously, how contrived is that? The sailor soldiers behave pretty stereotypical again, too... literally one episode after they did a great take on Ami, who struggled with the fact that she was so much into studying, and felt like she didn't have much of an identity besides that. Maybe I am just too frustrated, but these fillers are kinda disappointing. Which is such a shame, because the characters themselves are really fun!

Isn't this like the third monster that's racing themed? Or the third racing themed episode? There was some unintentional slapstick too, with Sailor Moon's Moon Tiara Action flying by from the bushes, and the red lady leaping back with a scream. Or Sailor Neptune being tossed down a cliff nonchalantly, falling like a puppet while the sad music plays. And the power of sensual backscratching makes them grow closer and act as a team!

It sounds like I am overly negative (I am), so let me also mention the good things. I really like the improved overall quality of this season, and the two new sailor soldiers have a great theme whenever they show up. The new enemy is still kind of the same, but at least has an interesting new twist with the "mad scientist" approach. We got some great character stuff so far, and I am looking forward to see more. It's just so disappointing to see so much low effort stuff. I really only get grumpy about series I like but that I felt wasted some potential, so the more I complain, the more I probably like the franchise. I don't even bother watching or commenting on stuff I think sucks. So my little rants are just a sign of my love for Sailor Moon!
Sep 23, 2019 4:04 PM

Jun 2015
yikes i didn't even think the motorcycle guys wanted to kill haruka. wouldn't it make more sense if they just wanted to injure her so she can't compete in the next motorcycle race?
Dec 3, 2019 8:35 AM

Jun 2015
"Always unexpected arrival of Tuxedo Mask."
lmfao, joke's on you, my man.
Daimon of the week was female Winspector's Bikel
Aug 10, 2021 3:26 AM

Dec 2020
Mamoru didn’t even care that Usagi missed their bus! Lol
May 18, 2022 4:01 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode, really shows how much Usagi has developed - compare her in episode 1 to this for example - and it was nice for the show to show more of Uranus and Neptune's motivations. Was it just me or was that moment in the cave a bit homoromantic though?

Aug 4, 2023 11:19 PM

Feb 2020

I'll just say it
99% of magical girl anime would be improved by yuri kissing 
just long makeout scenes and some nice fanservice 

anyways great ep

Oct 20, 2023 12:53 PM
Jan 2018
Another 5/5 episode. Did you see how well drawn the motor cross bikes and helmets were? The animators drawing in the 90's were a different breed.

Also, it was pretty ridiculous those scrubs thought they could beat a Sailor Guardian. Talk about being out of your league. But the most fun part was watching Truck-kun get denied the chance to isekai some more characters. You'll get em next time Truck-kun.

Usagi is a pretty irresistible character. From tossing deeply hurtful insults and crying tears to disarming someone else by asking them to scratch her back. Usagi is 100% woman and 200% charismatically unbeatable. I kinda wonder how an adventure between Usagi and Luffy would go? Or more appropriately, if Gon hung out with the sailor Senshi for a while, who would end up more captivated by who? Gon's super lady wooing skills vs Usagi's raw charisma.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.