Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2011 6:36 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ami gets attacked in the pool. She felt bad about how people valued her most for her academics, so she tried hard in swimming against Neptune.
Jan 2, 2012 7:51 PM

Jun 2010
One-episode stories about a character being bummed out are fairly common. I like that in this one pretty much all the action happens internally. Ami works out this issue on her own.

This does make the monster attack seem kind of perfunctory. This episode's story was over at around the 15-minute mark.
May 16, 2013 9:55 PM

Jun 2009
I actually enjoyed this episode. It did a good job of presenting Ami's unease.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Nov 2012
i'm really feeling ami's predicament at the moment so maybe that's why i loved this episode so much, but this was definitely the best of the season so far. this series is (so far) of extremely high quality & i'm so impressed.
Feb 10, 2014 9:35 AM
Mar 2013
Finally! An episode about Ami that doesn't revolve around studying (or chess). I think it's wonderful that she's interested in swimming as well. I loved her rivalry with Michiru, two of the water-based sailors.
Apr 22, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2008
emeraldrosary said:
Finally! An episode about Ami that doesn't revolve around studying (or chess). I think it's wonderful that she's interested in swimming as well. I loved her rivalry with Michiru, two of the water-based sailors.

Well it kinda always revolves around her studying...

I don't know why but I was laughing hard at Ami's joke with Sailor Moon about Tuxedo Mask.

I won't lose....NO NO NO NO!!!

I have no explanation for it but it was so funny.
Dec 25, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2012
WolfWood37 said:
emeraldrosary said:

Well it kinda always revolves around her studying...

I don't know why but I was laughing hard at Ami's joke with Sailor Moon about Tuxedo Mask.

I won't lose....NO NO NO NO!!!

I have no explanation for it but it was so funny.

I also thought it was really funny, I guess its because we don't really get to see a mischievous behavior of Ami very often :) So cute!
Nov 16, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that was actually good development for Ami! I used to say she was too vanilla even though I thought she was okay...but now I feel I genuinely really like all the Sailor Warriors now. Seeing her newfound assertiveness with Tuxedo Mask at the end was funny but also nice haha.
Feb 23, 2017 9:55 PM
Jul 2015
This is one of those episodes where the viewer becomes acutely aware of how arbitrary the need is for a monster to appear in the episode. Regardless, I won't blame it for having to stick to the formula. It was a great episode in its own right.
Jun 27, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 2013
there's so much more to ami that academics and intelligence, so i'm glad they made an episode focused on her. it's been a while actually!

i loved the competition between ami and michiru; so fun to see the water-based senshis against each other.
Jul 14, 2017 10:46 PM
Nov 2015
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST!!!!

After the last episode I didn't think it would up itself right after.

Never would think I would love Ami this much. The Ami-centric eps in season 1 are still one of the best that season. The ep where she almost went to Germany is one of the best of S2. This one is definitely the best of the whole whole series so far, maybe a little less than Nephrite's death.

Like, almost every minute hits. From when Ami sat down talking about dreams with Mamoru, to going to the pool and enjoying an empty place by herself, to the 1st race with Michiru, and to the 2nd race, and so many many little things in between.

Mamoru is also a whole lot better this season. All the things he does so far has been nice.

Usagi is such a good friend. I know this for a while, but she continues to impress. Wowo. wow.
Jul 14, 2017 10:50 PM
Nov 2015
Tuxedo Mask and Luna and Artemis fighting the water monster is like, the best fight of Tuxedo Mask. Laughed so hard when the cats scratched the monster's lifebuoy.
Jul 14, 2017 11:14 PM
Nov 2015
The music is also a lot better
Oct 31, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
Ami is so adorable. I love her relationship with Usagi. :c ♥

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 7, 2018 9:51 AM

Mar 2017
Oh hey, another Ami episode! I also like it whenever Tuxedo Mask actually saves the day, and doesn't just piss off after throwing a single rose. This week's monster either was really not that great, or Tuxedo Mask stepped up his game! This episode really wasn't all that deep, but it's always cool seeing Ami fooling around, too.
Jan 5, 2019 9:29 AM
Jun 2016
"Good thing I was wearing a floating ring."

Lady, you're a mermaid-esque monster! Lmao. And to make it funnier, Luna and Artemis bit her floating ring.
May 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
honestly i shouldn't of laughed at it, but when ami's pure heart crystal was taken out and her head hit the glass window i did laugh
Dec 3, 2019 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
Ami's teasing at the end was priceless.
I used to have the highest grades in my class and many people exploited me for that, so I kinda identify myself with Ami there.
Jan 28, 2020 2:10 PM
Oct 2018
I gasped when Ami hit the window. I hope she has that extra durability even outside of her transformation, that was some brain damage right there
May 1, 2020 8:07 AM

Apr 2008
"Hey Mamoru, what would be left of me without studying?"

Nothing, Ami. Absolutely nothing.
Jan 20, 2021 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
There was really no need for the monster this time xD but one of the best character focussed episodes for sure. Kinda felt more mature and melancholic than most others and I liked how competion between Ami and Michiru was implemented.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 2022 11:53 AM

Mar 2020
Cute episode, nice to see some development for Ami so she can have a life outside studying, I used to be hyper-focused on studying like her so I can relate, although nowadays I'm more like Usagi lol.

Jul 31, 2023 11:52 PM

Feb 2020
the fishy girl looked pretty nice

and Ami looked great in a swimsuit too

Oct 20, 2023 12:11 PM
Jan 2018
I get legit chills every time Sailor Moon does her finisher attack. It's just SO cool. The animation is gorgeous. Even the the ridiculous Lovely finisher is cool. I still find it hard to believe shojo can be as cool as this one is. Perhaps I need to watch more.

Also the animation, even for a filler episode is fantastic. Look at the boots Mercury wears. The water. The building. The art direction for the race. Cel animation is gorgeous and stands the test time.

All that gushing, but I can't give this episode of a 5/5. Not cuz it's filler, but instead because like last week's episode they ask a real, intriguing question and then back off instead of coming to an answer. It's like when I was watching Digimon Ghost Game and they touched on real issues people have. And then ran away from the problem instead of coming to a solution. It's absolutely maddening.

To the point where I would rather they didn't try. You don't need to talk about why everyone has to find a motivation to actually LIVE life. Or about how studying isn't the end all be all. Even in medical school, they consider your extracurriculars and what else you have going on before they let you in. Being smart and studying isn't good enough for them and it isn't good enough for mercury either.

TBH, it kinda feels like the director keeps getting smacked on the wrist every time he steps out of line. I wish they would let him follow his desires wherever they lead to. Instead of a heartwarming episode about how life can be about all kinds of things, this episode is just another episode based on putting studying on a pedestal. Which is terrible.

But very believable if you know all the things Sailor Moon's mangaka had to go through just to get a chance to draw manga for a living like she always wanted. I'm just angry cuz nothing has changed all these decades later.
MFDOOMEDOct 20, 2023 12:15 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.