Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2011 6:44 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mako is targeted. Kind of interesting how she likes Haruka but dislikes Sailor Uranus.
Jan 1, 2012 3:43 PM

Jun 2010
And that makes the "I hope I can become a woman like Haruka someday" thing pretty ironic, though it doesn't seem to acknowledge that.
Jul 27, 2012 6:05 AM
Mar 2008
Mako's crush on Haruka is really adorable. The other Sailor Soldiers annoyed me a bit with their intolerance. It seems Ami is the most accepting one out of all of them.

However, Haruka is pissing me off. I love her design, but her attitude is not that great.

I'm betting Sailor Moon has a pure heart.
May 16, 2013 9:09 PM

Jun 2009
Fronzel said:
And that makes the "I hope I can become a woman like Haruka someday" thing pretty ironic, though it doesn't seem to acknowledge that.

Does it need to? Because I don't think it does.

I'd say all of the Senshi will have a pure heart. Maybe even including Haruka and Michiru.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 20, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2012
i've never been particularly attached to mako/jupiter, but this episode was brilliant.

i personally love haruka. i love the contrast between her calm & caring citizen-side & the almost ruthless, single-minded militancy of her senshi-side.
Feb 10, 2014 9:30 AM
Mar 2013
Another episode centered around Lida. There are better episodes about Lida but I enjoyed this one nonetheless. Gotta say, Haruka and Michiru are pretty good actors, though.
Apr 21, 2014 1:22 AM

Jul 2008
Any Mako related episode is always good for me. Gotta love the duality of Haruka and Mako in this one.

Still all Sailors should have masks because the not recognizing thing is pretty laughable. My one gripe with the series as a whole.
Dec 25, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2012
Usagi and Minako are one to talk, after all they were crushing so hard on Haruka that they were basically stalking her ...

It's so funny that nobody sees the difference between the senshi when they are in civillian form, I just cant get used to it. The only thing they do is wear different clothes.
Nov 1, 2016 6:00 PM

Oct 2010
One of the most amazeballs episodes I've seen yet. Oh man, Mako's faces about five minutes in when she's with Usagi going "It's not like that...." MAKO YOU ARE TOO GREAT

Hakuneii said:
It seems Ami is the most accepting one out of all of them.

Ami also confirmed fujo in the R movie (oh but that's "not canon")
Nov 17, 2016 7:39 PM
Jul 2015
That was the gayest episode in quite some time, and it was quite nice.
Jun 27, 2017 9:56 PM
Jul 2013
haruka in civilian form is very different to haruka in senshi form. it's an interesting contrast.

i found it quite funny when haruka called the inner senshi pathetic. they may seem weak compared to the outer senshi, but the inner senshi did fight against dark kingdoom, black moon clan and death phantom, so they can't be that pathetic...
luxityJun 27, 2017 10:10 PM
Jul 14, 2017 9:50 PM
Nov 2015
Enjoying Usagi's facial expressions more and more
Jul 14, 2017 9:58 PM
Nov 2015
Loving Michiru and Haruka more and more.
They're not the really just and optimistic ones like Usagi's group, and mature enough to see that they have to make sacrifice to achieve their goal.

Jul 14, 2017 10:10 PM
Nov 2015
Makooooooooo!!!!

I guess we'll have to wait for a couple more episodes before a Sailor Senshi gets her heart stolen again.
Jul 14, 2017 10:14 PM
Nov 2015
WolfWood37 said:

Still all Sailors should have masks because the not recognizing thing is pretty laughable. My one gripe with the series as a whole.

That's like the basic excuse we have to make watching Sailor Moon. I've been OK with it for a while.
Oct 31, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
I know how Mako feels. I can be gay for Haruka.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jan 31, 2018 3:45 AM
Aug 2014
Starting to really hope these crystals are in Haruka and Michiru.
Feb 22, 2018 9:55 PM
Jun 2017
This episode is Trash. Makoto is heterosexual. They created DO NOTHING this feeling for Haruka. In the end they made up an excuse that Makoto was not in love with, but that she wanted to be attractive just like Haruka. But Mako's behavior showed very homoffective attitudes. Sailor Jupiter was screwed up. My problem is not with homosexuality, but turning a heterosexual into a homosexual is a big problem. Just as it would be horrible to turn someone homosexual into heterosexual.
Sep 20, 2018 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
PetIzayoi said:
This episode is Trash. Makoto is heterosexual. They created DO NOTHING this feeling for Haruka. In the end they made up an excuse that Makoto was not in love with, but that she wanted to be attractive just like Haruka. But Mako's behavior showed very homoffective attitudes. Sailor Jupiter was screwed up. My problem is not with homosexuality, but turning a heterosexual into a homosexual is a big problem. Just as it would be horrible to turn someone homosexual into heterosexual.

Hi have you heard of a thing called bisexuality?
Sep 20, 2018 7:56 PM
Jun 2017
toralos said:
PetIzayoi said:

Hi have you heard of a thing called bisexuality?

Yes. But Makoto doesn't bisexual. Don't force bro. Sailor Moon's fanbase is toxic with excess ships. Sailor Moon is a manga/anime with focus in Sailors Battles against Evil, Earth protection, don't romance. Does watch/read romance titles, with Bisexual, heterosexual or homosexual relationship and kiss and scrub all over? Sailor Moon is not for you.

Please, do not invent fashion, do not change the characters just to create your stupid and irrelevant ships.
PetAndAkiSep 20, 2018 8:35 PM
Oct 7, 2018 4:52 AM

Mar 2017
Wait, why did Mako "fall in love" with her only now? They know of Haruka since a few episodes. I guess almost being run over is romantic or something... I really didn't like Haruka / Sailor Uranus in this episode for toying with my favorite Sailor Solider's feelings. She even punched her in the gut! What an asshole.

I think it's about time that they finally team up. We know that these two aren't "evil" and just want to save Jesus Sailor Christ or whatever, so why can't they trust each other? I almost forgot that everyone is too dumb to recognize each other in their "disguises", so I was confused for a bit. :P

All in all it's still watchable, but it's still too filler-y for my taste. Oh and I almost forgot, what's with them being so worried about homosexuality? It's true that most (or all?) of the homosexual characters we've seen so far have been evil as fuck, but I thought the girls would be a bit more tolerant towards that kind of stuff. Whatever, it was just supposed to be silly / funny so I am not butthurt about it.
Jan 4, 2019 6:44 AM
Jun 2016
I think this is the first time (I could be wrong), bit they didn't animate some of the Sailors' attacks this time. Namely Burning Mandala and Venus Love-Me Chain.
May 12, 2019 9:49 AM

Jun 2015
wonder how mako is gonna flip once it's revealed sailor uranus is haruka
Dec 2, 2019 8:35 AM

Jun 2015
lol stupid Mako, using a contaminated cloth on Haruka's wounds.
Each Sailor has its own henshin theme now.
Mar 27, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2012
WolfWood37 said:

They could easily handwave this away by saying that their powers prevent others from easily recognizing them simply by appearance. It's such a blatantly obvious solution to the problem that it honestly amazes me that they never seem to have thought of it.
Apr 18, 2020 9:16 PM
Mar 2019
Switch_Z said:
lol stupid Mako, using a contaminated cloth on Haruka's wounds.
Each Sailor has its own henshin theme now.

They're the same ones from the R Movie, which is great.
Jan 19, 2021 3:50 PM

Nov 2016
Wouldn't mind if if Makoto was officially bi

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2022 12:19 PM

Mar 2020
Pretty cute episode, pretty gay too (not complaining). The senshi and Uranus+Neptune are now really at odds now and we get to see the depths they'll go to.

Nov 27, 2022 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
gay panic: the animation
Jul 16, 2023 5:39 PM
Oct 2016
The premise of this episode makes no sense beyond the supposition that Ikuhara was in the writing room trying to squeeze in every ounce of yuri that he could into this season.
Jul 18, 2023 7:37 AM

Feb 2020
bisexual icon?
hope so

lovely episode i love jupiter

Oct 20, 2023 11:33 AM
Jan 2018
A fun fillery episode. I know anime isn't the place to go for real life situations, but that admiration thing kids have can go a long way towards attraction. Also molestation and a lot of other dark things. But here it's played off as a joke.

Uranus really has the pretty soldier thing down. Win by any cost is the soldier way, but maybe not the guardians way. I would say the fate of the planet is more important than individual lives, but Japanese storytelling almost never allows characters to stick to those decisions. Which is a real shame.

Half of me feels that Jupiter should know who Haruka is and act accordingly. But the other half of me understands that attraction is often out of our control. Even with all the mixed messages this anime has had so far, in the Japanese communication style this episode is screaming lesbian and proud from the mountaintops. I bet a lotta women in Japan took confidence from this episode. Which is cool.

Fave part of the episode. The inverted pervert flash. Was Mako REALLY against getting flashed? Or did it just make for a funny joke.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.