Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 18, 2013 11:55 AM

Feb 2013
That was one hell of a nosebleed XD

Overall I gave it a 7/10. This show was entertaining, very cute, but nothing amazing. If there is a second season you better believe I will watch.

*edit*

Oh....there is one....I feel a fool.

Well....second season ho!!
Aug 20, 2013 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
This episode is the explaination why Chitose Ikeda is my waifu. :3 XD
Paws paws paws paws paws paws paws
Neko Neko Paws
Paws is what I like
I'm a paws obsessed person, I could look at kitties' paws all my lifetime.
Sep 8, 2013 12:29 AM

Mar 2010
i'm not sure why i expected much from this anime. onto the second season i guess

6/10
Sep 26, 2013 10:37 PM

Apr 2012
lol so much blood some horror movies have less blood n so much yuri, poor Akaris that was her 3rd forced kiss
Nov 17, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2012
1L0can0 said:
Poor Akarin, she recovered from the initial kiss but didn't expect the 2nd wave of Chitose's choco-fueled yuri rampage; Btw,would it be considered a siscon moment for Chitose kissing Chizuru? Also Akarin rolling in a barrel naked down the hill? Where does it end for Akarin's misfortunes?! To add insult to injury, everybody thought she died in the dynamite explosion but is still alive at the end. This is one of the few anime series I have watched in which the protagonist is treated like sh*t....I mean damn.

And thats what makes it so funny!
By having no presence Akari will be remebered for that reason.
Best bit for me was when Kyouko was wearing her tomato pyjamas and Yui is stamping on her! Its still making me laugh even now. ^_^

Overall 8/10
Dec 5, 2013 12:31 AM
Aug 2013
everyone thinks that Mari chan is yuis little sister but yui says that she is a relatives kid. so maybe shes a cousin? she says onee-chan but i think that is just to show affection.
Dec 27, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
6/10
Jan 10, 2014 4:03 AM

Mar 2013
This anime is really amazing a mixture of MOE and LAUGHTER i`ll never forget this wonderful anime 10/10 for me cause it was too enjoyable for me and plus i didn`t even get bored at this anime at all i look forward to season 2 and i hope season 2 would be more enjoyable than season 1...
Mar 28, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2012
What a great way to end a series. With tons of yuri service. Gets an 8/10 for me. A very fun slice of life yuri anime to watch.
Apr 14, 2014 11:57 PM

Oct 2009
What a great ending! This was really fun to watch, love the characters minus Chinatsu.

Need more HimawariXSakurako though :/
8/10

Now onto the second season!
Apr 30, 2014 9:59 AM
Oct 2013
I don't like Yuri or "kuukikei" (slice of life) animes but this one is too funny to ignore. Enjoyed every moment watching it and will go for next season. I never rate for comedy series but I'd give this one a 8/10 if I had to.
Aug 22, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2014
What made this episode was just the individual comedy scenes. I felt the same way about Kill Me Baby, lucky star and Yuyushki, and all the other slice of life moe anime. It's the individual skits that make the series for me.

Whether it was the explosion bit, or the barrel scene, or the chocolate scene. It was just the moments that made you laugh the most that makes certain episodes stand out
Aug 23, 2014 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Fav ep of this series. 5/5
My face hurts from laughing too much xD

Chitose's kisssing rampage LOL

And the ending totally got me lmao
Aug 30, 2014 1:54 AM

Aug 2014
Really glad there's another season - was hoping for a bit more progression than has been shown so far. Still, lots of fun, tho less impressed with later eps.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Sep 26, 2014 2:49 PM
Sep 2011
MrRogers said:
Too much Akarin bullying. Last episode gets a 9/10. Would've been 10/10 if the entire episode was just one lengthy make-out session.

And didn't watch Sakura Trick.
What.
Nov 17, 2014 2:05 AM

Aug 2014
hexzone said:
MrRogers said:
Too much Akarin bullying. Last episode gets a 9/10. Would've been 10/10 if the entire episode was just one lengthy make-out session.

And didn't watch Sakura Trick.
What.
Wish I could just +1 this. Nothing needs to be added.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Dec 20, 2014 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that closes so happy the first season of Yuru Yuri.
Although the first impression of Akari was wrong, Kyouko being the true protagonist of the series, Akari was not so marginal and little appreciated as a character. The character of Kyouko although omnipresent is of great charisma, with his great weight in the narrative, has not dimmed the presence of Yui, Chinatsu and cited Akari.
Anime that has been able to give moments of really cute and funny, even donating so much sweetness.
Very cute drawings and the soundtrack.
Very funny even the secondary characters.

Final rating of 8/10!
Mar 1, 2015 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
Akarin has it so bad with those kisses xD
Mar 27, 2015 1:29 AM
Nov 2014
This was actually a decent show, totally didn't expect this show to be this good.

Good main characters, decent plot, nice yuri moment and nice comedy.

Will be watching the second season at a later time.
Apr 29, 2015 11:27 PM

May 2014
Tomato suit best suit 2015

Fucking loved this anime, just so carefree and hilarious with awesome character interaction, awesome jokes, and just aAAAH I love the character design, too! So much kawaii.

Easy 9/10, loved every bit of it!
May 29, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2014
I guess I have a sad life since I don't eat chocolate
Alarm Dynamite

When I started this series I wasn't too fond of it and I kept it on hold for a month. It definitely grew on me, but overall it was alright.
7/10

Jul 26, 2015 11:32 AM
Jan 2014
Best ending, 11/5.
Omfg, poor Akarin. That was hilarious though.
Jan 2, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2015
really nice way to end the 1st season. *KAWAII OVERLOAD*
Chitose and Akarinnnn make the series for me <3

7/10 Fun watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 5:32 PM

Nov 2014
really enjoyable show, and girls are cute.

Jan 8, 2016 1:35 PM

May 2010
When Akari went barrel-rolling, I cried tears of laughter LMAO
But really, everyone is so rude to her.

Great episode, and a great season. On to next... in a few days. Love live s2 comes first.

9/10, gonna miss Akari for a little while.
Jan 16, 2016 1:25 PM

May 2015
Neverino forgetterino, Akarin.
Feb 25, 2016 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
Yuru Yuri is just lovely haha, awesome series, as expected I was not disappointed! More Akarinnnnnnnnnnnn
May 25, 2016 4:47 PM
Feb 2015
Awesome episode, need to watch S2 now :D
Jun 23, 2016 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
So much yuri this episode lol. Loved the series. Made time feel so short for me these past few hours. :3 On to S2! >:O
Aug 22, 2016 4:30 PM

Aug 2009
viMAL said:

All in all, an entertaining series, nothing ground-breaking, but amusing enough.
7/10

will definitely keep 2nd season in mind when im bored and out of shows to watch
Sep 12, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2014
Some funny moments that actually made me laugh, but for the most part I was forcing myself to finish this, 3/10.
Oct 7, 2016 10:21 AM

Jun 2013
And the last episode is the best episode of the season
So much Yuri! Poor Akarin!
On to season two!
9/10
Nov 19, 2016 3:38 PM

Aug 2013
Omg I nearly died when Himawari and Sakurako come in and the room is splattered with blood!

Great show, the last few episodes raised it to an 8/10 for me.

So glad I have another 2 seasons to watch!
Jan 6, 2017 11:34 PM

Sep 2013
Not a terrible series...just kind of lackluster and repetitious.

6/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 10, 2017 7:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Mari did the intro lol.
Pretty cute.

LOL at Chitose ignoring Akari when she began rolling down the forest. I did get curious as to how the girls got inside the barrels and out, there were no stairs to help them get inside.

Chitose went full savage mode, kissing everyone with such intensity lol.
Poor Akari, fist Chinatsu and then Chitose.

Overall it was a very enjoyable and fun show. Kyouko by far my favorite and for side character I really liked Himawari as well. Chitose's nosebleeds were a bit annoying because they got so repetitive. 8/10

Jun 22, 2017 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Mari was kawaii as hell in the opening scene! :D
Yay! Sleepover! The kigurumi pajamas were very cute.
I liked the duels in the contest. So silly! Poor Yui tried to apply psychology in order to understand Kyouko's gestures, but failed. lol
omg Akarin rolling inside the barrel and being forgotten.
Ayano and Kyouko sharing the other barrel was cute. Now wonde Chitose bled so much just by instinct.
Speaking of Chitose, she went crazy after eating a single piece of chocolate! omg Akarin was mindbroken again. It wasn't that bad this time since she wasn't the only one to be kissed and it was played for the laughs.
That final bleeding scene after Chitose was stopped omg so gore lol.
Akarin "saved" everyone and the club's house was blown up. The end. xD
There's a second and a third season, so I guess they repaired it somehow.

Nice show. I liked it more than I expected, so I'll happily watch S2 and S3.
Aug 18, 2017 7:41 AM

Jul 2017
Show just feels ok to me and more overhyped
Sep 14, 2017 5:17 AM

Jun 2013
Good shit. It's like K-On but crazier with Ritsu as a lead character. Gotta love a hyper female lead.
Oct 11, 2017 7:45 PM

Mar 2013
I swear to God that Akari falling on that barrel was so funny, I laughed so much it made my tummy hurt. Just that single scene made this show step from 5 to 6.

Also Chitose (best girl in my opinion) going on a kissing rampage was hilarious. Kyoko smartass trying to 'stop' her lmao. Poor Akari.

Definitely was not the best show, enjoyed it way less that I expected but it had its good things and memorable moments. I ended up hating Chinatsu, Akari and Yui are lovable girls and Kyoko's personality was just too much for me, but I don't really dislike her. She's cute.

I hope second season can do better.

Oct 21, 2017 3:24 AM

Oct 2015
It was pretty okay but I think it felt really lacking at times and Chinatsu's character is annoying sometimes. Poor Akarin haha hope she gets more screen time on the next season 6/10
Dec 2, 2017 2:05 AM

Jun 2016
Precious Mari-chan stole Akarin's spotlight and opened the episode. Hahaha. Poor Akarin. :'D

The whole gang spent their summer having a sleepover/overnight at their club room with the scientist and the SC President for an experiment or whatever shit them two are doing. Lmao.

Yui wearing a panda pajama, Akarin wearing a dog one, Chinatsu wearing a cat one, and there's Kyoko wearing a fucking tomato! Jesus Christ, Kyoko! Hahahaha.

Of course, Kyoko will come up with some weird shit she always do and have them gang fight each other over different games. Haha. Akarin won that Othello match against Sakurako so easily. Haha. They didn't even notice how she won the game. Hahahahahahaha! Yaaay, Akarin!

Chinatsu and Himawari fight by doing a Mirakurun, and Himawari won by being overly shy despite Chinatsu did the perfect Mirakurun impression. Hahaha. Poor baby.

That Gesture Battle was the best, imho, with Yui and Kyoko vs the twins (Chitose and Chizuru). Kyoko's shenanigans strikes again. Hahaha. What do they expect? The twins are the only ones who can understand each other. Hahaha.

Meanwhile, Ayano fought against the President over an experiment under the scientist. Of course, it fucking exploded!

CAN THIS SHOW PLEASE BE NICE TO AKARIN AT LEAST ONCE!?!? MY POOR BABY GOT THROWN IN THE RIVER WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND IT'S LIKE IT'S NOTHING. SHE ALMOST DIED! HUHUHUHU! ;-; Freaking Chinatsu didn't even panic when the barel disappeared. ;-;

What the frick!?!? So, even when Chitose is not around Ayano and Kyoko she can sensed something is happening between them two and have nosebleeds? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

Chitose violated everyone and kiss the hell outta them after eating a chocolate because it what the chocolates do to her. Hahahaha! What the fuck. I love Chitose waaaaaaah! The only way they stopped her is to let Chitose's ship have a moment, so Ayano kissed Kyoko, and it fucking worked, and the whole room became a fucking Tarantino movie! THIS SHOW, MAAAAN!

I already did see it coming that that alarm clock with dynamite the scientist setup Akarin will be its victim. Jesus, everyone! There's no way Akarin will die from that. She's the star of this show! Hahahahaha.

Ohmygod. I couldn't even explain my love for this show. Every episode had me dying, snorted, wheezed, and lost my shit. I love all the girls. I don't understand the hate surrounding Chinatsu, tbh. She's adorable and such a fangirl over Yui. Hihi. Will definitely watch the 2nd season and the 3rd season. Glad there's two more seasons after this 1st season. BLESS THIS SHOW. WHAT A MASTERPIECE! <3

5/5 for this episode, and 10/10 for the whole show! :")

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 8, 2018 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Although I see it for the umpteenth time, this anime series is formidable. I love his carefree, the comical and the sympathy of the protagonists. My vote does not change, it is always a pleasure to see Yuru Yuri again. I love the opening and the ending, they are so fresh and lively.
Apr 8, 2018 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
It took me quite a while to get into the characters, so did not enjoy most of it but the last 3-4 eps in particular was what hit home for me, comedy, characters and everything finally blended perfectly at that point, ep 11 in particular left me seriously impressed, can't wait to check out the other seasons. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 15, 2018 2:44 PM

Feb 2017
Jeez, Akari got destroyed this episode. Well, at least she got more screen time than usual. ^^b
Jan 8, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2013
I found the first half of this series to be very dull, but ep 6 onward, I enjoyed it

6/10. Maybe I'll like the other seasons more now that the characters and comedy have been warmed up to C:
Sep 24, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2019
What have I just watched? Yuri kisses everywhere! That was heart crushing for a non Yuri lover like me. I thought I would be about school girls doing cute things but no gay love is everywhere. They were on there early stages of becaming lesbians. But I love gay people so I would gonna buy it.

My final score : 5/10
Feb 29, 2020 2:25 PM
Feb 2020
I hated this anime too much girls it's so bad
May 6, 2021 8:41 AM

Apr 2019
been a while since a slice of life anime has entertained and made me laugh this much, chitose had no self restraint lmao. RIP Akari, you will always be in our hearts.

8/10

Jun 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Jun 2020
Mari took Akari's spotlight in the title call lol well she is cute tho, Those are some very delightful pajamas that they have more so that they're animal pajamas

A Student Council x Amusement Club overnighter going on hope this goes well, some very entertaining stuff happened but unlucky Akari she always gets out of focus in the series

Chinatsu is getting out of hand when she eats chocolates, They all thought Akari died well she didn't and that ends the season.

(This was a little fun small circle group anime some bits were funny and entertaining glad I watched it)
Oct 12, 2021 10:32 AM
Aug 2021
Loved this series.
The onky thing I disliked was the drama and emtiomal moments they introduced in ep11. Very gimmicky.
But overall, Yuru Yuri is great. Fun and interesting comedy, with good SOL vibe. It genuinely made me laughed, and it has been a long time since the last time I had had such a good laugh watching something.
Watxhing this anime really reminded me of the good old k-on feelings that sparked my passion for these kinds of anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 15, 2011

99 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.