Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 27, 2023 9:22 PM

Jul 2022
I liked it more than expected, at first Shizuku's attitude bothered me a bit, but X. I feel that there is a lot of story to tell, very good but incomplete, that's the feeling it gives me.
Aug 29, 2023 7:18 PM

Mar 2022
This was actually a pretty good film not the best from Ghibli but pretty good nonetheless. I honestly didn’t know what I was expecting with this one because the poster suggests it’s gonna be something supernatural related when at it’s core it’s more of a slice life romance story. It did feel like it was a bit slow in pace but it definitely picked up as soon as Shizuku and Seiji got to know each other better. 
The movie does have a very fairy tale vibe to it and very relatable at the same time, I really love that Country Roads is like a leitmotif for this entire film which honestly fits the whole atmosphere that Whisper of the Heart has going on for it. But it’s not just that it’s very varied in it’s instrumental music as well giving it a nice feel to it. Despite the poster suggesting otherwise, I feel like this movie doesn’t really need anything more than it being a simple slice of life story, ending was a little on the rushed side of things but nothing that would impact the film as a whole. Not one of my favourites from Ghibli like I said but still a pretty good film. 8/10.
Sep 12, 2023 7:57 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2015:

Dec 29, 2023 12:50 PM
Oct 2021
very late to the party but wow this film has helped me get through a very nasty chest infection. made me feel cosy and safe <3
Dec 29, 2023 1:35 PM

Aug 2022
It's really sad that Yoshifumi Kondo died so early. This movie was great and I'm certain that he would've directed more masterpieces if he were alive. Anyway I guess I was supposed to watch this before The Cat Returns, but I wasn't aware of that until now so whatever lol. Oh and that Japanese cover of Country Roads is beautiful.
Feb 23, 7:17 PM
Oct 2020
favorite of all time
Mar 10, 3:33 AM
Jan 2024
best ghibli film of all time
Mar 19, 9:15 PM

Dec 2022
just a simple pseudo-fairytale of passions and loves. Whispers of the Heart is the perfect moment for it, softly powerful moments of greatness scattered throughout.
Mar 23, 7:02 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
Beatnik said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just a perfect little gem of a movie. (not from a shop either, but raw!)

Three moments I loved were:

# Seiji being asked to play the violin, with Shizuku singing, then the three guys join in with their instruments.

# Seiji and Shizuku on the roof with the entire class having followed them from the classroom, hilarious.

# "Will you marry me?"

EDIT: I should clarify by raw I meant the gem and not the anime, my Japanese isnt that good yet...ahem.

I yeah, those three moments were really great!

The music scene was awe inspiring, the scene when they were talking on the roof with their classmates looking on was indeed, hilarious, and that proposal scene by Seiji was just pure gold! A perfect way to cap off a really great movie!
Mar 23, 7:14 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
This film takes place in ‘94, I was nine at the time, so it was also a really good throwback into my own childhood. (Minus it being in Japan and all) I love the whole trying to figure out what you wanna do with your life theme. And also for Shizuku to be chasing Seiji by following her OWN passion was very much good!

The romances were good and real cute. And, as I said previously, I really did like that scene where Shizuku and Seiji were trying to talk, and even when they went to the roof to try and get away from everyone, they followed them up there, only to get caught by falling through the door. That was hilarious! And that proposal by Seiji at the end there? Pure gold! The perfect icing on the cake for a great movie such as this! 9/10
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Very overrated

xONLYINHUMANx - Jul 9, 2023

22 by KayKimii »»
Jul 13, 2023 9:43 PM

» Dub Discussion

JTurner - May 2, 2009

12 by jamsndu84 »»
Jul 29, 2022 4:11 AM

» Where tf did yall watch this

doodlenoodle613 - Jun 12, 2021

20 by MrFanatic »»
May 13, 2022 7:11 PM

» Giving proper kudos to Yoshifumi Kondo

T-Wazoo - Dec 3, 2021

1 by iDenisade »»
Dec 3, 2021 9:25 PM

» OMG

Cloudrayne - May 31, 2007

41 by MoustacheDino »»
Jun 18, 2021 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.