Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2011 12:12 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ahahahahahahahahaha! So Gildarts is apparently a real player. To have had that many women, and not have a single clue as to whose daughter she was all this time, minus the ones he remembered their hair colour for, is just hilariously priceless. Granted he figured it out in the end. Still though. Love that guy.

So the S-rank exam is on hold. I totally saw that outcome when the master said he'd challenge Natsu for his right to be an S-rank mage. Even beat up that guy kicks ass. He's not the master for nothing.

And it looks like that premonition will finally come to fruition. Zeref is on his way back to the island to take out the brats.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 17, 2011 12:19 AM

Jun 2009
touching scene when kana told gildarts that it is her father..

i wonder what kind of creature was on the last part.. is that a dragon?? new arc i guess??
Sep 17, 2011 12:25 AM

Nov 2010
Wait doesn't Gildarts have problems touching things due to his magic? (Remember the entire town parted like the Red Sea because they didn't want Gildarts to accidentally touch something) Doesn't that mean, for Gildarts, being a player and being a serial killer go hand-in-hand?
Sep 17, 2011 12:34 AM
Jan 2011
good chapter, it's nice to see them taking a break once in a while, still, i'm kinda hoping for some natsu lucy moments though (random thought, sorry)
Sep 17, 2011 12:43 AM

Jul 2010
Oh shit a dragon finally, and Gildarts is player lol. Natsu was hilarious in the background, good chapter im happy for Cana finally getting that weight of her chest. wait what? jk
Sep 17, 2011 12:47 AM

Jan 2011
Gildarts made me laugh SOOO hard!!! XDDDD I love it!!!
Very touching chapter though! 5/5!
Sep 17, 2011 12:53 AM

May 2010
SerenityB3128 said:
Gildarts made me laugh SOOO hard!!! XDDDD I love it!!!
Very touching chapter though! 5/5!

Agree :D
simply beautiful >3<
loved it! 5/5
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 17, 2011 12:57 AM
Jun 2011
"Whose kid are you!?" was hilarious and their place was priceless especially Gildarts. It's good the exam got put on hold.

What was that creature at the end a dragon or a bird? overall good chapter, better than the last one.
JCMLSep 17, 2011 1:14 AM
Sep 17, 2011 1:03 AM

Sep 2007
Black dragon incoming
Sep 17, 2011 1:05 AM

Apr 2011
Very good chapter...Gildarts was so funny..:)
And the scene between him and Cana was very touching...
So what was that in the end?A dragon or something else???
Sep 17, 2011 1:14 AM
Jun 2011
After looking at it twice, It looks like the Black Dragon Gildartz was talking about though it also looks like a Giant bird.
Sep 17, 2011 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
Gildarts and Kana tearing scene.

Don't tell me that the dragon is the Acnologia.
Sep 17, 2011 1:27 AM

Aug 2011
Annoying that they suspended an exam, i really wanted to see one of them become S class, but indeed very touching chapter, loved it. Though looks like dragonslayers will finally be able to test their powers on some real dragon, can't wait ^^
Sep 17, 2011 1:35 AM

Mar 2009
Good stuff :D Yay for Lucy fanservice!
Sep 17, 2011 1:38 AM
Jun 2011
theanarchy said:

Yeah I think it is Acnologia.

Noitrus said:
Annoying that they suspended an exam, i really wanted to see one of them become S class.

I think it was good that the exam got on hold cause it doesn't make sense if they continue.

Do you think the author is forshadowing Gildarts' death?? o_o
Sep 17, 2011 1:46 AM

Aug 2009
Gildartz is so dead. That dragon is going to get him. Thats why Natsu and Kana are going to cry from Charle's vision.
Sep 17, 2011 1:46 AM

Sep 2007
Lol for Gildarts. XD
And finally dragon !
EDIT : I think the same !
The flash are from here !
Sep 17, 2011 1:59 AM

Jan 2009
some1 is going to die @-)
Sep 17, 2011 2:06 AM

Oct 2009
''Wait... whose child are you?'' xD
Sep 17, 2011 2:10 AM
Mar 2011
SoFarGone said:
Gildartz is so dead. That dragon is going to get him. Thats why Natsu and Kana are going to cry from Charle's vision.

dammit, even though you probably meant no harm from it, you may have ended up spoiling the ending to this arc for me (because everything you just said was just so f*cking plausible TT^TT)
Sep 17, 2011 2:13 AM

Jul 2007
Hello end of the world and 7 year timeskip.

THEY EVEN MENTIONED CURRENT DATE (784) and the newspaper we saw in boy staring at the sea had 791.

And Yeah, betting this is the black dragon.

sadly this chapter just increased the possibility that the one who dies in charlie's flashback is Gildartz.

I wonder what is Lucy's special role?

Going by Final Fantasy 6 plotline which this manga so far followed, Lucy is either half-dragon or half-celestial-spirit.

8/10
Sep 17, 2011 2:13 AM

Jan 2010
HAHAHAHA that was amusing . If it wasnt so late I would probably be dieing laughing in my room. "Whose kid are you?" I like how fairy tail doesnt over due those emotional moments (except when Lucy is directly involved)

Dragon? Hey I hopw so that mean Natsu and the other dragonslayers on the island can get some info on their own Dragons. I fell a new arc quickly approaching.

Maybe not though cause I don't really feel like this arc is over just because of Zerif.

JCML said:
theanarchy said:

Yeah I think it is Acnologia.

Noitrus said:
Annoying that they suspended an exam, i really wanted to see one of them become S class.

I think it was good that the exam got on hold cause it doesn't make sense if they continue.

Do you think the author is forshadowing Gildarts' death?? o_o

I do cause he failed his last mission because of a dragon. The picture leads me to believe its the same one he encountered. I hope he doesn't die though.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Sep 17, 2011 2:16 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:

THEY EVEN MENTIONED CURRENT DATE (784) and the newspaper we saw in boy staring at the sea had 791.

sadly this chapter just increased the possibility that the one who dies in charlie's flashback is Gildartz.

Going by Final Fantasy 6 plotline which this manga so far followed, Lucy is either half-dragon or half-celestial-spirit.

8/10

Yea I see a timeskip coming too. Is Lucy the narrator or something because it looks like it when I read it.
Sep 17, 2011 2:19 AM
Jun 2011
http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-18/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html - Cana and Natsu are crying and Zeref was also shown~
Sep 17, 2011 2:21 AM

Jul 2007
SoFarGone said:
Fai said:

8/10

Yea I see a timeskip coming too. Is Lucy the narrator or something because it looks like it when I read it.

Lucy has been narrating this manga since first chapter.

The implication is that she wrote every adventure they had after it happened into a sort-of-memoirs. she planned to publish, or a diary and that someone is reading it or following it(possibly post-timeskip Romeo trying to locate the ft members through the info in the memoirs)

She narrated this arc multiple times though, which is unusual. No tot mention,t hat unlike lighter entries from previous narrations, all of these are filled with dread.

First we had during Mest's appearance;
"I did not know back then, i did not know, just what kind of unexpected role I would be playing in what is to come"

Then we had:
"Tenrou Island....back then we really thought we would win....we really though thtat"
(followed by the boy staring at the sea scene with newspaper)

Now we have this narration which is ominous too.

and it re-establishes the year. 784. Which makes the date on newspaper(791) mean that we ARE getting 7 year timeskip.

And thats' another 7 to the plot already filled with the importance to number 7. I am just wondering on where else we will see the number seven and why it repeats?

777-07-07 - the disappearance of dragons.
777 - Lucy's mother's death.
7 kin of Purgatory.

And now we have 7 year timeskip.

Then we have jus thow important number 7 is overall:

In european legens:

- Seventh son of seventh son is a werewolf.
- Seventh son of seventh son shall be special and have the power to see future.

In christian mythos:
- God creating the world in seven day sin christian mythos.
- Those who harm cain's bloodline will suffer seven times over.
- 7 years of plenty and 7 years of famine in pharaoh's prophecy in christian mythos.
- The walls of Jericho falling after seventh Day.
- Seven Deadly Sins.
- Seven last words of jesus on cross.
- in general we also have 7 virtues, 7joys and 7 sorrows, 7 sacraments and jesus being the 77th son.
- Then we have the book of revelation, the christian religion's "apocalypse tome", which is FULL of seven. Seven seals, seven powers of god, seven torches, seven stars, 7 plagues seven horns and eyes of the devil, 7 kings, etc.

And its not just christianity. Budhism and Hinduism is full of it too(And Zeref has a strong motif of budhist priest going on).
- THE BASICS of hindu religious music is seven beats.
- The central part of the mythology are the 7 stars of 7 holy saints. 7 Saints are huge stuff actually there. They are counted as the childs of Creator and Destroyer. And the truth of the saints can only be revealed to a rishi - A "chronicler woman who foresees the future in stars"(sound familiar?)
- The major saints of 7 were Marichi(light), Vasihista(mind), Pulastya, Pulahya(lord of creatures), Atri(bard and scholar) and Angiras. They have said to have brought the Vedas, holy texts of hinduism to the mortal world.
- Budha at his own birth walked seven steps.
- seven is also the number of chakras every human has.

Then Islam has 7 skies and 7 layers of earth, wicca religion associating 7 with divinity. Oh and mayan calendar which is so popular right now due to 2012 hoax? 7th day represents creation there.

And even in less mythological things that number is very Common - chemistry, science, physics, 7 days in the week,.

Whatever is the meaning of Seven in FT, Mashima chose the number very well.

JCML said:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-18/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html - Cana and Natsu are crying and Zeref was also shown~

The problem with it is that neither we nor Charlie knows on whether it was ONE prophecy/scene or multiple ones.
AhenshihaelSep 17, 2011 3:05 AM
Sep 17, 2011 2:30 AM

Oct 2008
Haha, Gildarts make me laugh :P
Sep 17, 2011 2:30 AM

Dec 2010
Nice Chapter lol at Gildartz funny scene. The black dragon looks pretty cool but it doesn't look like a dragon...

Ah seriously whenever i see Zeraf i always think his eyes are like pein from Naruto they looks way to similar.
Sep 17, 2011 2:32 AM

Jul 2010
Aw a small scene with Laxus and Lisanna is kinda cute to me xD
Gildartz, what a real player XD
Didn't even know that he had a daughter and couldn't remember from who. XD
But it was very touching.
Sep 17, 2011 2:41 AM

Oct 2009
Fai, after reading your posts, I feel really excited for the things that are yet to come.
Sep 17, 2011 2:56 AM
Jun 2011
Oi, what's with that 7 years timeskip? where did you see that? what newspaper? Link pls ^_^ I'm getting excited in here!
JCMLSep 17, 2011 2:59 AM
Sep 17, 2011 3:03 AM

Jan 2008
Then we had:
"Tenrou Island....back then we really thought we would win....we really though thtat"

What chapter is that?
Sep 17, 2011 3:14 AM

Jul 2007
tazfelis said:
Then we had:

What chapter is that?

Chapter 234, pages from 19 to 20.
"The battle on tenrou island...was drawing to close. We really believed back then....in our victory...we really believed".

Followed by the newspaper page and the boy staring at the sea(which is obviously Romeo going by design)

JCML said:
Oi, what's with that 7 years timeskip? where did you see that? what newspaper? Link pls ^_^ I'm getting excited in here!

Chapter 234 last page with the boy. It also has this.(posted this about a dozen chapters ago)
Sep 17, 2011 3:14 AM

Apr 2010
JCML said:

Cana crying, same position:
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/232/14

Natsu crying:
probably because the guild master was defeated, still searching a chapter page
edit: http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/218/15 ? Ah well, you get what i mean right ?

Zeref:
Well he was on the island, no ?

So i think the vision was about what just ended, not Gildartz dying.
SD_CVSep 17, 2011 3:36 AM
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 17, 2011 3:18 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder if Mashima predicted people would notice such a minor detail and turn it into a major spoiler :P
Sep 17, 2011 3:29 AM
Jun 2011
What was that, lol It's hard to notice that thing, you really did searched well. Btw tnx Fai. But 7 years time skip.. WOW

Just read the discussion about chapter 235 lol
JCMLSep 17, 2011 3:44 AM
Sep 17, 2011 3:49 AM

Apr 2010
Just started watching the latest fairy tail anime episode, also kinda shows that the vision was about what'll happen on the island, unless what'll happen in the manga has the same scenes as what already happened...
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 17, 2011 4:28 AM

Feb 2010
great chapter Gildartz is a fucking legend!! but i fear that he and makarov going to die now that Acnologia is here.

and i doubt that Acnologia is the black dragon he was seen by gildartz years ago and zeref summon Acnologia just minutes ago but we will see next chapter.
Sep 17, 2011 4:40 AM

Jul 2009
I lol'd at Gildarts being a major player and something must've got in my eye when he started hugging Kana...:P
Sep 17, 2011 4:53 AM

Jun 2009
damn it mashima!!! what exactly is going on!!!!! haha.. im getting confuse now.. why there are so many sevens!! hahah..
Sep 17, 2011 5:14 AM

Dec 2009
SoFarGone said:

Now that you said it that might be true. Darn, I had already forgotten of that.
Sep 17, 2011 5:15 AM

Mar 2009
SD_CV said:
JCML said:

Cana crying, same position:
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/232/14

Natsu crying:
probably because the guild master was defeated, still searching a chapter page
edit: http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/218/15 ? Ah well, you get what i mean right ?

Zeref:
Well he was on the island, no ?

So i think the vision was about what just ended, not Gildartz dying.

Agree about Kana. She even does have the same cloth on. No clue about when Natsu would cry but it must have happened already or will happen once he is healed (no bangages and his normal outfit also Natsu scarf is Black when he fights Zancrow and normal in the vision). Maybe it was before Gildartz showed up? Or maybe it was here http://www.mangareader.net/135-58237-20/fairy-tail/chapter-206.html form another point of view to confuse us?

That hand might have been Lucy when Kana put her to sleep?
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/19 "HAND"
Sep 17, 2011 5:24 AM
Jan 2010
Kalamity-kun said:
Wait doesn't Gildarts have problems touching things due to his magic? (Remember the entire town parted like the Red Sea because they didn't want Gildarts to accidentally touch something) Doesn't that mean, for Gildarts, being a player and being a serial killer go hand-in-hand?

I think they mean objects, but LMFAOOOO.
Sep 17, 2011 6:33 AM

Feb 2010
Gildarts tripping death flags all up in this.
Sep 17, 2011 6:43 AM

Nov 2008
Touching scene with GIldartz adn Kana, but now, still with the premonition, I think Gildartz could be the one...
Sep 17, 2011 6:47 AM
Mar 2009
Touching....I guess.
Sep 17, 2011 8:30 AM

Aug 2008
So touching T_T
I really hope Gildartz won't die - he's a great character (and so funny xD)!

And... how exactly did you noticed that microscopic detail on that newspaper? You guys are awesome ;DD
Sep 17, 2011 8:59 AM

Aug 2010
Whoa, really. Time skip...
If Mashima can get everything in order to time-skip the manga (yeah, it feels imminent; there aren't quite many events left to be told now, so either a time-skip or end of the manga, as for the end it's nearly impossible), Fairy Tail will get a 10 from me. This just got seriously interesting.
Sep 17, 2011 9:04 AM

Sep 2010
I'm just pretty much scared about what Mashima is planning to do with the young boy shown in ch 234. He wears a scarf just like Natsu and somehow resembles uihm, Zeref or something. I just hope the time-skip (if there really is going to be one) doesn't go hand-in-hand with a change of cast/protagonists or w/e.

That being said, does a time-skip mean the anime is going to do the same thing what Naruto did? +1 year of fillers while Mashima is working on something like Fairy Tail Shippuden? Coz that would somehow explain why they started the thirth season immediatly with the S class exam arc.

If I read all of your comments, it actually all makes sense and fits the puzzle.

EDIT: Nvm, what am I saying, the young boy is indeed quite obviously Romeo. XD

_McHSep 17, 2011 9:14 AM
Sep 17, 2011 9:17 AM

Apr 2009
about time we see a real Dragon.. damn his design was awesome..
i'm reading this manga for the dragons stuff.. so i hope we'll see some dragon stuff soon
Sep 17, 2011 9:47 AM

Aug 2007
All this time I thought Gilgartz know about Kana was his doughtier, but now I finally know that was all the opposite. I also want to know the number of girls Gilgartz met
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.