Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 16, 2011 10:13 AM

Jun 2010
... I shouldn't be surprised at this show anymore, but I'm still disappointed, and What the fuck? The twins are back?! Sweet lord have mercy...

1/5 for this episode.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Sep 16, 2011 11:20 AM

Sep 2009
kwills88 said:
There really needs to be a second season to make up for this crap that dragged on forever

There will be a movie i think
Sep 16, 2011 11:33 AM

Aug 2011
my thoughts this week:

first time we see a different way that saya pulls her sword and a different stance after too

first the class rep, now tokizane, only pairing left for saya is saya x fumito

tokizane looks pretty tough.. thought he'd at least fight instead of get eaten in one bite; after he died it seemed like saya didn't care about him anymore o.O

more clues to saya being a vampire from furukimono and specially fumito's line "you like the red color and the taste right?" could there be blood in the coffee and guimuave?

did fumito give saya's dad blood? AGAIN with the teacher

nono and nene alive
Sep 16, 2011 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
I always thought Kanako was a little suspicious. Looking foward to next episode. :D
Sep 16, 2011 11:39 AM

Sep 2008
What is going on?
Oh well, we got her song, so I'm all good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2011 11:46 AM

May 2008
I seriously can't take it anymore. This anime is an insult to all animes. Asura Cryin' was better than this.

..and that's REALLY saying something.

They kill off the one good character this show had left? Wow. I didn't think they'd be that retarded.

Oh but wait. This is a 'LET'S KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE' anime, so, I guess they can get even more fucking stupid.

I'm so tempted to lower my rating for this even more. Thank god there's only 2 episodes left of this shit storm.

Sep 16, 2011 12:57 PM
Sep 2011
Wow, this was a super interesting episode! I definitely didn't see it coming that the twins are suddenly alive. Not to mention how creepy that particular scene was, their cheerful behaviour didn't fit with the sinister soundtrack which made me feel a bit uneasy. I'm interesting how things will unfold from here on.

tbh I don't understand why so many people are that upset about Tokizane dying. Saya's classmates have been dying one after one in the previous episodes, so one more shouldn't make such a big difference, especially since he was obviously clueless about everything what's going on.

Anyway, I liked how they showed Saya singing the following day after Tokizane died. I assume that this is supposed to show how programmed Saya really is, she is no more than a robot which is following orders at this moment, though she is ignorant about this, so I don't think she is that stupid or heartless as many people claim her to be but rather brainwashed.
Sep 16, 2011 2:11 PM
Jun 2008
KayChan4U said:
I seriously can't take it anymore. This anime is an insult to all animes. Asura Cryin' was better than this.

I am going to say that the comparison between the two shows is a very good one. I still hold after two years roughly that the show should have been planned out better and should have been made into one season, not two. I almost didn't pick up the second season, with how awful the first one was, but decided to pick it up so that the story was resolved in my head. I also think I am being nice on how I rate the series on my list.

I honestly don't mind being misled by a storyline. That can be fun, but only when it is done right. Both of these shows can easily be compared to the fanfiction I've read and given critique to, where the writers keep so much secret simply because they want to awe their readers, but in truth they just end up alienating them.

Lestrade said:
I don't understand why so many people are that upset about Tokizane dying. Saya's classmates have been dying one after one in the previous episodes, so one more shouldn't make such a big difference, especially since he was obviously clueless about everything what's going on.

Anyway, I liked how they showed Saya singing the following day after Tokizane died. I assume that this is supposed to show how programmed Saya really is, she is no more than a robot which is following orders at this moment, though she is ignorant about this, so I don't think she is that stupid or heartless as many people claim her to be but rather brainwashed.

I am going to say, I wasn't at all surpised that Tokizane died in the series. That though, goes to show how horribly predictable the storyline is, which is a clear sign of bad storytelling. Not to mention, they also killed off one of the characters that felt like it was actually getting character development.

I don't think that Saya is "stupid or heartless" either, but that doesn't make her robotic personality any bit endearing.
Sep 16, 2011 2:27 PM

Jun 2008
Alright, more confusion and meh :/ with two more episodes, idk. The movie can only cover so much. And with the awesome plot-planning of the show (not), I kinda wonder if that'll even make a difference.
Sep 16, 2011 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
I don't know how they can make a movie if everyone is killed off. Unless it's going to be a prologue to the series.

Lestrade said:
tbh I don't understand why so many people are that upset about Tokizane dying. Saya's classmates have been dying one after one in the previous episodes, so one more shouldn't make such a big difference, especially since he was obviously clueless about everything what's going on.

Tokizane clearly had issues with the class-rep, as well as Saya's father. He was going to answer Saya when she said:

"How long have I known you?"

He looked sad before and as he said:

"Saya-"

Then Saya's "father" interrupted him, and after a glare-off, Tokizane says:

"I still haven't said all I want to say..."
and leaves.

You would think you'd want to know what he wanted to say, and why he's suspicious of her father and the class-rep, right?

He also seems pretty detached from this world, except for when it came to Saya. He didn't care about being late for class on some occasions, he is never seen conversing with anyone, and when Saya said in episode 8:

"I also want others to know how kind you are, Tokizane-san"

He replies with:

"It's enough for only you to know about it."

He only cares about what Saya thinks of him. But why? And when he adverted his eyes when he said:

"I'm your classmate. I've had plenty of chances to grow fond of you."

adverting eyes is a tell tale sign that he's hiding something, or he's lying. He also looked to his right, and that is also a sign of hiding something and/or lying...and this lead to him almost telling her something important after she asked him how long has she known him.

-------

There were three characters I felt that were trustworthy in this show, and two of them are dead (as far as we know)
Sep 16, 2011 3:06 PM
Jul 2011
Saya is not stupid, Tokizane it is an idiot, I really liked the part when he was killed. \(^ ^)/
Sep 16, 2011 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
The fuck is this shit?
Tokizane too? he was like, the only likeable character... and Saya did not give a fuck about his death, I hate this bitch so much.
I just want this anime to end already...
Sep 16, 2011 5:54 PM

Jun 2009
Inugirlz said:
Kawaii7878 said:
As soon as i saw Tokizane come up the stairs I knew he was gonna die. I seriously went WTF when he showed up out of nowhere.
This show sure likes to beat around the bush. ^_^

you couldn't have said it better. The MOMENT he appeared i was like "...he's dead."

yeah I thaught the same thing, "Fuck, he's going to die"
Sep 16, 2011 8:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lol at people's reaction.

I don't think should believe a thing about the shit that they are throwing at us. Obviously everything will turn out to be a big farce.

As far as I know, no one may have died and Saya is dreaming. Also, this Saya could have been some failed experiment clone Saya for all that we know.

In other words, prepare for a CLAMP-style mindfuck coming.

Also, I bet the movie is about the "real" awakened Saya. Again, "real" is subjective just like the Taoist "butterfly dream".
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 16, 2011 8:20 PM

Jun 2009
wakka9ca said:
Lol at people's reaction.

I don't think should believe a thing about the shit that they are throwing at us. Obviously everything will turn out to be a big farce.

As far as I know, no one may have died and Saya is dreaming. Also, this Saya could have been some failed experiment clone Saya for all that we know.

In other words, prepare for a CLAMP-style mindfuck coming.

Also, I bet the movie is about the "real" awakened Saya. Again, "real" is subjective just like the Taoist "butterfly dream".

O.O that might just be it
Sep 16, 2011 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
Of course he was going to die the moment he came up that stairs. Well, if he actually died. Either it was all fake, or some elder bairns or similiar took their appearence and at least basic behaviour, like the twins being synchronous, clapping etc.

With this episide, it is even more clear that the whole thing is set up just for Saya. Even if the people died for real, and weren't some elder bairns or so to begin with, the library containing only one book and even that is new, everyone behaving suspicous, the coffee and the other thing..

Also, i wonder why nobody drinks coffee? Saya is getting some special treatment there for sure, but can't Fumito just make normal coffee as welll? It's a café after all. And it's not like it would be a problem for Saya to have an extra coffee pot. While it's surely suspicous if someone else would order the same, other things are even more so, and Saya is totally oblivious anyways. Also, it's a café, they could order something else, like an espresso, cappuccino..whatever. But nobody *ever* drinks *any* coffee. Her father declined it, the teacher ordered tea instead.

Also, except for that one launch break in school where she wanted to share with Tokizane, all she is eating is marshmallows (guimauve). Even now, where Fumito mentioned the guimauve she had earlier was probably not enough, all she had was coffee so far. Of course, they, or at least Saya, was interrupted by the teacher, but i don't think we are gonna see her getting something "real".
Sep 16, 2011 9:34 PM

Dec 2010
The MOMENT Tokizane came up those stairs the 2nd time, i was like ' BITCH WTF?! UR GONNA GET YOUR FKING ASS SLICED" and what happens 2 seconds later....he gets his ass sliced.
i got nothing to say..nuthing much to say but to get fked around with my head and wait for the next epsiode. meh -______-
Sep 16, 2011 9:47 PM

Oct 2008
xmysticchanx said:
when tokizane got killed I was like."WTF you just killed the only interesting character in this show..."

^Seconding.
Sep 16, 2011 11:30 PM

Jul 2008
Nothing makes sense and there are only two episodes left. I am going to be pissed if the movie is a sequel that wraps up the story because it will be like 2013 when it is available to watch.
Sep 17, 2011 2:49 AM

May 2010
Anyone else get the feeling that even you could be killed off just by watching?

And then in the morning CLAMP will wake up smiling and singing some shitty song?
Sep 17, 2011 7:03 AM

Aug 2007
What the... this episode was really weird. Whith the final I get: O.o. Why are the twins alive when is supposed to be dead?
Sep 17, 2011 7:17 AM

Mar 2009
crap, crap everywhere :facepalm:
Sep 17, 2011 8:00 AM

Feb 2008
I still don't get how Saya can go happily singing so easy when almost all her friends and classmates are dead. And I bet that guy had his arm bandaged because he put his blood in the guimauve.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Sep 17, 2011 8:10 AM

Sep 2008
I keep wondering if I am supposed to feel anything for these characters when they do die? I mean given all that stellar character development we were treated to. Atleast they saved one last classmate to kill off in the next episode.
Sep 17, 2011 8:48 AM

May 2010
Skadi said:
I keep wondering if I am supposed to feel anything for these characters when they do die?
If Saya doesn't feel anything, you're either not required to or it might be necessary so someone does.
Sep 17, 2011 11:56 AM

Jun 2008
That Tokizane guy is probably alive. The twins reappeared and obviously some big shit about Saya's environment will be revealed but the show was so bad until now that i doubt the expected revelation will make it good.

Besides we knew things aren't as they appear from the first moment. We can't say exactly and in detail what is going on but we got many clues of things and no revelation will be much of a surprise.
MonadSep 18, 2011 9:25 PM
Sep 17, 2011 12:15 PM

Feb 2011
Apparently, in Japan people don't die, if they are killed :)
Sep 17, 2011 12:36 PM

May 2011
For those of you that hate saya and would like more background the manga will be a prequel and saya is not in it
Sep 17, 2011 1:41 PM
Aug 2011
So some dead characters are coming back. Or maybe that was just a show or "farce" as the teacher said and they were never the people she thought they were. Either way at least this episode has a forward plot and left behind some questions. Which is an odd turn for this show. Still crappy, but maybe they will make it interesting.
Sep 17, 2011 1:49 PM
Feb 2009
chessmaster1989 said:
I laughed when Tokizane died.

Me too. It's like a big joke now whenever anyone dies.

LadyOrihime said:
1sttimer said:
Now that all Saya's Friends are dead, what will she do now. You would think with only 12 episodes, they will pick up the pace and answering some questions in Blood-C.

No, not all of Saya's friends are dead. The class president is still alive as of this episode.

Yeah, but that's her last "power up". I hope she saves his sacrifice for the final boss.
Jay_OxSep 17, 2011 2:01 PM
Sep 17, 2011 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
Saya_Kisaragi said:
For those of you that hate saya and would like more background the manga will be a prequel and saya is not in it

I downloaded the first volume of the manga and Saya was in it, and the manga was like the anime just a little better.
Sep 17, 2011 3:36 PM

May 2007
Saya_Kisaragi said:

Well, Saya is featured in the manga volume cover, so I don't know how valid your assertions are:

Also, what do you mean with "the manga will be"? The manga has been published since May, I believe. Or are you talking about a future Blood-C manga that has not been published yet?

Barbara-chan said:

I downloaded the first volume of the manga and Saya was in it, and the manga was like the anime just a little better.

Exactly, the manga seems to be simply an alternate retelling of the TV series.
Sep 17, 2011 3:38 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
The episode was good but I am totally baffled at the spinning of the following monster,

while it obvious its hair is doing most of the fighting considering I saw a spinal bone cord only at one point. It was intriguing to see this monster use its unique skills and at the very least the episode did not shy away from its gore in the spoiler
being much more graphical, which may [please fans or not. More later.

RIP for Shinchiro.

Now, Nono & nene alive or just spirits?

and what kind of game was Saya's father and the cafe owner playing?
Nasty001Sep 17, 2011 3:41 PM
Sep 17, 2011 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
SailorKagome said:
I still don't get how Saya can go happily singing so easy when almost all her friends and classmates are dead. And I bet that guy had his arm bandaged because he put his blood in the guimauve.

Tbh I think the fact that she was still able to go on calmly has something to do with that coffee and guimauve that cafe guy keeps giving her....
Sep 17, 2011 4:43 PM

Jun 2009
This stopped being fun sometime ago, level of this episode's stupidity until teacher's appearance was too damn high. End of ep actually got me interested in how it'll go though. ( ¬‿¬)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 17, 2011 5:30 PM

Jun 2008
So if Tokizane died....who is the guy with Tokizane´s hair in the preview of next episode? =_= Tokizane´s clone? (that would be so Tsubasa chronicle-ish). The guy is alive for sure, just like the twins.

i came to conclusion that the only innocent in the whole anime is the class president, the others are all liars.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 17, 2011 7:42 PM

Jun 2010
This show is getting worse.

The twins are alive and probably Tokizane too, so... Clones? Zombies? What else? And I can't imagine everything to be explained only in 2 remained episodes.

And funny thing if Yuuko appears or something...
Sep 17, 2011 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
thoughts ....

what the fuck?

they make Tokizane relevant and he confesses, then dies and it gets no sold? THE GUY JUST DIED and nobody acts like anything is wrong!

the monsters never go near her father, it can't be a coincidence.

okay the Guimauve guy is creepy. Just what is he putting in the guimauve? blood? the remnants of the people that died? the dead monsters?

the lack of answers is getting down right annoying at this point. the teacher obviously did know something. what the fuck, the twins aren't dead anymore? I don't even know.......
Sep 17, 2011 10:56 PM

May 2011
whatwasthatIdon'teven...?

Been saying that throughout this whole episode, especially when Tokizane died. He was my favourite character... T_T

Hopefully they reveal something next episode...

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Sep 18, 2011 6:57 AM

Aug 2007
Saya's life is an illusion, that's why she's seeing the twins again. Why did Tokizane die, he was the only cool one. >.< Okay, Guimauve guy is hot as well, but still. D:
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 18, 2011 8:59 AM

May 2009
Saya_Kisaragi said:

You know...
SCREW THE MANGA.
I'm tired of this extremely convenient method of covering something that the series should have covered in the first place in a manga or novel or whatever it is. It should be in the tv series.
Sep 18, 2011 9:47 AM

May 2008
I almost stopped watching the episode after Tokizane was killed. Seriously he was the only reason I'm still watching this show.

But wtf is happening, I totally have no clue at all. I'm still waiting for a redeeming ending though~
Sep 18, 2011 3:24 PM

Dec 2007
I'm amazed. I never thought that it is possible to kill 75% of cast so... meaninglessly.

My guess is that the BIG REVELATION that NOBODY EXPECTED (heh) in Blood series is... that Saya is a vampire! This whole episode was full of allusions to it ("u r hungry", red color of guimvesomething)
Sep 19, 2011 1:39 AM

Jun 2010
This anime is unpredictable so I love this anime. I can take it kind of seriously. lol
It's just fun to see random scary monsters in country side. It's somewhat realistic ? I don't know. It's scary. Especially the school massacre. It was just like Gantz. Although gantz was more scarier. It's just sad this is gonna end. =[

I think the Coffee has somekind of medicine to make Saya forget or relax or whatever. The school teacher said she doesn't want coffee and the cafe gimove guy said saya is okay after the coffee.

Hope for more awesome weird looking monsters and fights. And then I'll have to wait
for the movie. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2011 7:20 AM

Jul 2011
pieceofshota said:
This anime is unpredictable so I love this anime. I can take it kind of seriously. lol
It's just fun to see random scary monsters in country side. It's somewhat realistic ? I don't know. It's scary. Especially the school massacre. It was just like Gantz. Although gantz was more scarier. It's just sad this is gonna end. =[

I think the Coffee has somekind of medicine to make Saya forget or relax or whatever. The school teacher said she doesn't want coffee and the cafe gimove guy said saya is okay after the coffee.

Hope for more awesome weird looking monsters and fights. And then I'll have to wait
for the movie. :D

i agree with everything you said. i still love this anime and saya. cnt wait for the next 2 eps n the movie!
Sep 19, 2011 8:13 AM

Dec 2007
This is starting to be funny.
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!
Sep 19, 2011 12:00 PM
Nov 2008
This show is such trolololololol .Now let's see how they wrap this whole mess up in 2 episodes cause hell I'm starting to get dizzy now damn >.>
Sep 19, 2011 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
well if Tokizane ends up trolling Saya or if he's just downright dead, then my sole favorite character in this series would be the dog/Watanuki (if that's him) .___.;
the preview for next epi is quite weird o_o; if this somehow turns into an ecchi anime then I would rage to the ends of the earth at how pointless this show was >_>;
anyways Tokizane getting killed, we get more hints at the priest and cafe dude doing something in the background. Twins reappear though based on the preview they dont seem to be the same -Tokizane also appears holding that vile of blood-
sucks that the movie will come out ages from now @_@ (DVD wise)
Sep 19, 2011 10:04 PM

Aug 2010
:o this show actually had a episode with a good ammount of plot progression. that's a first. lol
Sep 20, 2011 12:51 AM
Sep 2011
I think there was a serious animation flaw in this episode and I just couldn't resist not commenting on it.

In 03:39, a scene was show with Saya having a wound on her left cheek caused by the hairy monster and then on 03:45, the wound was gone! I actually thought, 'maybe the wound got healed since she has a super fast healing ability....' then on scene 03:50, the wound was back! I even played it back to make sure... but I guess CLAMP hasn't noticed it during its production.

Anyways, back to watching for me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.