Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2011 1:47 PM

Nov 2007
chessmaster1989 said:

I think it's bugged, it also shows the number of people who've rated it dropped down to a little over 9000, previously it was over 10000 (or maybe 11000).

It is not. upon completion of final episode, everyone who saw less than a certain number of episodes, are dropped from the system. this is how MAL rating works.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
She's going to be BORN in 7 years
Sep 13, 2011 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
chessmaster1989 said:
waterflame said:
ChibiSamurai said:
BTW Am i Bugged or what score showed up as 8.67...Refreshed and now 8.92...WTF!

Deserves that 8.92!! 100%! That should put it at #9! ^____^
Edit: My avatar shows exactly how hyped I am about this! xDD

I think it's bugged, it also shows the number of people who've rated it dropped down to a little over 9000, previously it was over 10000 (or maybe 11000).

MAL > nuffsaid

Steins;Gate top 10

El Psy Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2011
shanimebib said:
chessmaster1989 said:

It is not. upon completion of final episode, everyone who saw less than a certain number of episodes, are dropped from the system. this is how MAL rating works.
If this is the case How Low would the scores be of the worst rated on MAL?...I'm guessing very close to 1
Sep 13, 2011 1:50 PM
Aug 2010
El Psy Congroo
10/10
Sep 13, 2011 1:50 PM

Feb 2009
S;G is definitely in my top 2 I think. I can't decide if it's my #1 or #2 yet, I need to let it sink in. I definitely preferred this ending over the ending of my previous #1, TTGL, though the first half of TTGL's final episode was more "epic".

Episodes 22 & 23 >>>>> 24, imo, but seriously... it's impossible to please me 100% with an ending unless that series goes by the name of Cowboy Bebop.

I don't care about Feyris, Ruka and Moeka, so the bit of time spent on them in the last few minutes had me wanting to scream at the computer screen to hurry up and get on with it, lol. I hate seeing the time tick away.
I liked how Okabe had to use his own blood instead of taking the easier way out, even though I was terrified for a bit there that he had died. His attitude this episode was also refreshing to see, and I also liked him getting a glance at the other Okabe witnessing Kurisu's "death".
Suzuha remains awesome and the second best girl imo~

I think I'd give the ending an 8.5/10. Still one of the better ones I've seen... it will grow on me.
Sep 13, 2011 1:51 PM

Feb 2010
Btw, what happened to Suzuha? I'm sure she should've returned to the present with Okabe
Jean_Claymore said:

Btw, what happened to Suzuha? I'm sure she should've returned to the present with Okabe

as she said,the time machine and III Word War will not exists in Steins Gate timeline
Sep 13, 2011 1:51 PM

Nov 2007
ChibiSamurai said:
shanimebib said:
chessmaster1989 said:

If this is the case How Low would the scores be of the worst rated on MAL?...I'm guessing very close to 1

I remember the lowest rated show is some OVA which had like 4.xx something as the weighted score.
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 1:52 PM
Sep 2011
Simply loved that episode.
Deserves to be in the Top 10 Imo
Sep 13, 2011 1:52 PM
Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
chessmaster1989 said:

Interesting, I never knew that. My mistake.
Sep 13, 2011 1:55 PM
Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
ChibiSamurai said:
shanimebib said:
chessmaster1989 said:

I remember the lowest rated show is some OVA which had like 4.xx something as the weighted score.

I know Mars of Destruction has a 2.67. o_O
Sep 13, 2011 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
chessmaster1989 said:
shanimebib said:
ChibiSamurai said:
shanimebib said:
chessmaster1989 said:

I know Mars of Destruction has a 2.67. o_O

Lol yeah, Mars Destruction and seems it is indeed 2.67. The worst show ever.

Despite all the awesomeness Steins;gate didn't make it in my top 5. I am content with my top 5. But it probably very very closed to my fifth! So a wonderful 6th place. I will probably watch it all over again to see whether it can budge my Top 5 ranking.

But I say this again, I am really satisfied with the ending and will be sad for a while since the anime got me really hyped over the last few weeks!
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
why anyone would hate this episode is beyond me...
Sep 13, 2011 1:59 PM
Aug 2010
Soundtrack said:

Haters gonna Hate :(
Sep 13, 2011 2:00 PM

Nov 2007
Soundtrack said:

It is already waaaay beyond me how a couple of guys found it 'OK'.
Don't want to talk about the other guy.
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 2:00 PM

Jan 2008
Where did Suzuha went when Okabe returned to Steins gate world line?
Sep 13, 2011 2:02 PM
Sep 2011
SwordWielder said:
Since Time machines don't exist, Suzuha got a time paradox. She will be back in 7 years tho :P
Sep 13, 2011 2:02 PM

Nov 2007
SwordWielder said:

She either went to the time line where she came from, or most probably ceases to exist now and will be in the current time line 7 years from now after Daru meets
sakaSep 13, 2011 11:50 PM
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 2:03 PM
Aug 2010
SwordWielder said:

As Kurisu was saved, the "Okabe" in the future doesnt need to build a time machine in order to save Kurisu. Therefore, in worldline where Okabe is now, Suzuha didnt traveled back in time.
Sep 13, 2011 2:04 PM

Feb 2011
shanimebib said:

She either went to the time line where she came from, or most probably ceases to exist now and will be in the current time line 7 years from now after Daru meets Yuki in 3 years time in 2013.

My sources say that Daru meets Yuki in 2011. Where'd you get your info from?
Sep 13, 2011 2:06 PM

Oct 2010
wow, i loved it! i thought Okabe died when i saw the flowers, i was like NOOOO!! thank god!
i don't believe i have this little to say about such a good anime, but i have to add this to my favorites, its such a good anime.
Sep 13, 2011 2:09 PM
May 2011
Woooww... Finally, the ending..... it has been a great ride... definitely one of the best series of 2011 (along with Usagi Drop, 2 of my fave series this year... XD)

But in all honesty, please don't flame me for this, the ending was a bit stale... It doesn't do the build up justice... This series definitely need a better ending than that, an extra episode and one more twist in the story could be great... And Kurisu's death was certainly not as inevitable as Mayuri's... this is just my opinion though...

All in all, it has been a great show to watch. Now it's just the visual novel to play..

It's been great fellow Lab Members! This is me signing off, see you all again, if it is indeed the choice of Steins;Gate....

El Psy Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 2:15 PM
Aug 2010
@All those that find this ending "boring" and "crap"
Just GTFO and go watch your shounen anime. I seriously don't know how this anime can get a better ending than this. It just sums up everything perfectly.
エル・プサイ・コングルゥ
Sep 13, 2011 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
It felt a little empty, far from perfect but was an amazing series nonetheless. The first 11 episode were mediocre, 12 - around 2 were incredibly amazing, but eh last 2 have fallen a little bit... so 9/10 for me.
Sep 13, 2011 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
A masterpiece of an anime. 10/10
Sep 13, 2011 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
WOW...7 pages already...not that I'm surprised but I kind of feel like late to the party.

Anyway...first of all, I'm glad he didn't die from all that massive blood loss. At the same time though, I've got to say that those moments when he was bleeding and when he opened his wound just to cover Christina with blood really propelled Okabe into BADASS territory. This, coupled with the way he confronted Makise's father were the best parts of the episode for me - I loved how he called him a puny little man who could not possibly kill him.

Anyway, it was a great ending. It was perhaps a little weaker episode than last two, but overall, I am satisfied.

Best show in the last 4 years for me - and one of the best ever! I will have to make some changes to my favorite anime and characters lists.
Sep 13, 2011 2:23 PM

Jul 2011
Kurofaise said:
It felt a little empty, far from perfect but was an amazing series nonetheless. The first 11 episode were mediocre, 12 - around 2 were incredibly amazing, but eh last 2 have fallen a little bit... so 9/10 for me.

by amazing im guessing you mean 22 and 23
Sep 13, 2011 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
Finished with a big smile on my face. 9.3/10. El psy congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
That anime was amazing!
"Seven years?" Does that mean Suzuha will be born by that time? Hmm. That makes me wonder.
I'm interested in what the plot will be for the movie...
Sep 13, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
animelly said:
That anime was amazing!
"Seven years?" Does that mean Suzuha will be born by that time? Hmm. That makes me wonder.

Yes, that's exactly what it means.
-Fixing-
Sep 13, 2011 2:26 PM

Mar 2011
animelly said:
That anime was amazing!

Yeah. That was quite a surprise. I mean the movie announcement.
I hope it will be Manga adaptation, Boukan no Rebellion.

Sep 13, 2011 2:27 PM

Nov 2007
RedMage23 said:
shanimebib said:

She either went to the time line where she came from, or most probably ceases to exist now and will be in the current time line 7 years from now after Daru meets...

My sources say that
Where'd you get your info from?

Your source is from another time line. In the current time line,
sakaSep 13, 2011 11:49 PM
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 2:36 PM
Oct 2010
10/10

nuff said.

Sep 13, 2011 2:38 PM
Jul 2010
Bah, my urgent question is now lost in the fifth page... Reposting it:
Dusk252 said:
However, I'm still left with one question: there's a scene where Okarin watches himself talking to Kurisu and saying he'll save her. That means that, as expected, there are three Okarin in the building at that time. BUT, where is the one who was talking to Kurisu? You know, the one who's supposed to also be hidden in that room... What happened to him after he talked to her? That's really bugging me...
Sep 13, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2008
Epic anime, ending was just what I expected.

5/5 for the ep
9,75/10 for the whole series (rounded up to 10) and my new top 3 of all the anime I watched.
Sep 13, 2011 2:40 PM
Aug 2010
Dusk252 said:
Dusk252 said:
However, I'm still left with one question: there's a scene where Okarin watches himself talking to Kurisu and saying he'll save her. That means that, as expected, there are three Okarin in the building at that time. BUT, where is the one who was talking to Kurisu? You know, the one who's supposed to also be hidden in that room... What happened to him after he talked to her? That's really bugging me...

No there are only 2 Okabe's in the building. I don't know how you came up with the "3rd" Okabe :D
Sep 13, 2011 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
Dusk252 said:
Dusk252 said:
Didn't notice that i just thought it was the first Okabe who found her...Guess i will rewatch now.
Sep 13, 2011 2:42 PM

Oct 2009
This anime has been excellent this entire ride (including the oh-so-awesome mindfk at Episode 12.). Certain things we're a little off this series but great.

Series: 9.5/10
Episode: 9/10

Sep 13, 2011 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
I loved this anime, 24 weeks seemed to fly by so fast. And now the ride is over.

This has got to be the best anime of 2011

Episode: 5/5

Anime: 10/10

El Psy Congroo
Sep 13, 2011 2:44 PM
Jul 2010
type_silver said:
Dusk252 said:
Dusk252 said:

No there are only 2 Okabe's in the building. I don't know how you came up with the "3rd" Okabe :D
The Okabe who talks to her and says he'll definitely save her: 1.
The Okabe who's watching himself talk to her and ends up saving her: 2.
The Okabe who sees her laying in a pool of blood and sends the first D-mail: 3.
Sep 13, 2011 2:45 PM

Mar 2011
type_silver said:
Dusk252 said:
Dusk252 said:

Simple. Okabe had already transported in the past in 23rd Episode, so it should be 3 Okabes in there. The one from 1st Episode, The One from 23rd, And Finally, the One from 24th.

Sep 13, 2011 2:45 PM

May 2010
Ohmygod I love this anime to death. I'm going to go tell everybody about it so it becomes even more popular!! XD Seriously man, this show deserves some awards. Miyano Mamoru should get an award too, 'cause he's awesome like that.
Sep 13, 2011 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
ChibiSamurai said:
Dusk252 said:
Dusk252 said:
Didn't notice that i just thought it was the first Okabe who found her...Guess i will rewatch now.

Okabe ran from there and looked from the top. It was the same Okabe who said he will save Kurisu. Not another Okabe.
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 2:46 PM

Nov 2009
So, is this gonna be an endless loop? You know, past Okabe saw the 'dead' body of Makise, will send the message and will experience everything that present Okabe experienced, judging by his words when he saw his past self.

>.<
Sep 13, 2011 2:47 PM
Sep 2011
Finjas said:
type_silver said:
Dusk252 said:
Dusk252 said:

Still should be only Okabe's no? considering the one from the 23rd episode is the same as the one from the 24th
Simple. Okabe had already transported in the past in 23rd Episode, so it should be 3 Okabes in there. The one from 1st Episode, The One from 23rd, And Finally, the One from 24th.
Sep 13, 2011 2:47 PM

Feb 2011
Finjas said:

There is no 3rd Okabe. Okabe's first trip shifted world lines, so the Okabe from the first trip is not going to be in the new world line.
Sep 13, 2011 2:50 PM

Mar 2011
RedMage23 said:
Finjas said:

There is no 3rd Okabe. Okabe's first trip shifted world lines, so the Okabe from the first trip is not going to be in the new world line.

Of Course! Just didn't think about that.
Kurisu wasn't dead in first episode, she just blacked out. C.O.
I understand it now.

Sep 13, 2011 2:50 PM
Jul 2010
shanimebib said:
ChibiSamurai said:
Dusk252 said:
Dusk252 said:

Okabe ran from there and looked from the top. It was the same Okabe who said he will save Kurisu. Not another Okabe.
Yeah, sorry. I just rewatched that scene (for the second time) and finally realized it was the same Okabe. Thanks for the heads up. Now the only problem I have with this episode is Kurisu's position when she falls unconscious, which suddenly changes from one scene to another. Well, that and the fact that there should be a third Okabe.
Sep 13, 2011 2:51 PM

Jun 2008
WOW....what a great journey this anime was, I LOVED every episode, every twist and turn and the finale could not be any better.

2011 has not been the greatest year but MADOKA and Steins;Gate made me realize why I love anime so much and why I continue to watch.

10/10

Steins;Gate will also be in my TOP 10 anime and one of the greatest stories I've ever watched.
Sep 13, 2011 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
bakuramariks said:
So, is this gonna be an endless loop? You know, past Okabe saw the 'dead' body of Makise, will send the message and will experience everything that present Okabe experienced, judging by his words when he saw his past self.

>.<

No. Actually the current timeline is stable. The other Okabe will eventually go through those 3 weeks and end up in the current stable time line which will lead to an unknown future of infinite possibilities, where Okabe will not be sending any D-mails upon understanding the suffering they bring about that he learned in the alpha and beta time lines.
Coronavirus.
Pages (37) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.