Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Sep 3, 2022 10:09 AM
Nov 2016
Franthicc said:
chronological order goes hard

Jesus Christ, no.

Avoid the "Chronological Order" at all cost and btw, it's not even "Chronological" in the first place. The 1st person who started suggesting that watching order doesn't know anything about Steins;Gate, I can't believe how some people are still suggesting it.
Sep 4, 2022 7:32 AM
May 2021
xZabuzax said:
Franthicc said:
chronological order goes hard

Jesus Christ, no.

Avoid the "Chronological Order" at all cost and btw, it's not even "Chronological" in the first place. The 1st person who started suggesting that watching order doesn't know anything about Steins;Gate, I can't believe how some people are still suggesting it.

Bro..

Why cant people watch the show as they want?
I didn't say "GUYS YOU HAVE TO WATCH CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER GUYS!!!!"
I just said that I enjoyed chronological order more than watching release order, this is my second time watching steins;gate
And I first watched release order, and now chronological. In my opinion, i like chronological order more.
Now stop telling ppl what to do.
Sep 4, 2022 8:07 AM

May 2016
Franthicc said:
xZabuzax said:

Jesus Christ, no.

Bro..

I just said that I enjoyed chronological order more than watching release order, this is my second time watching steins;gate
And I first watched release order, and now chronological. In my opinion, i like chronological order more.

You can't know for sure that you would have enjoyed it, if you watch it in "chronological" order for your first time.

For a second watch (like you did), I can recommend "chronological" order as an experiment.

But it's actually not "chronological" at all
-
Sep 4, 2022 9:31 AM
Nov 2016
Franthicc said:
xZabuzax said:

Jesus Christ, no.

Bro..

Fair enough, you are not suggesting it so I apologize for my rude behavior. If you enjoyed the "Chronological Order" more then good for you and I'm glad you enjoyed it but I believe calling that order "Chronological" is a disservice to Steins;Gate since that order isn't chronological at all, I rather have people calling it "Alternate Order" or something.

Anyway, that so-called "Chronological Order" has ruined it for some people which is one of the reasons I don't recommend it, I rather have people watching Steins;Gate the way it was intended to be watched with the "Release Order".
Sep 4, 2022 10:02 AM
May 2021
xZabuzax said:
Franthicc said:

Bro..

Fair enough, you are not suggesting it so I apologize for my rude behavior. If you enjoyed the "Chronological Order" more then good for you and I'm glad you enjoyed it but I believe calling that order "Chronological" is a disservice to Steins;Gate since that order isn't chronological at all, I rather have people calling it "Alternate Order" or something.

Anyway, that so-called "Chronological Order" has ruined it for some people which is one of the reasons I don't recommend it, I rather have people watching Steins;Gate the way it was intended to be watched with the "Release Order".

Thanks for understanding brother, I also understand your POV now.
Good convo!!
Sep 4, 2022 10:03 AM
May 2021
SciADV_Maniac said:
Franthicc said:

Bro..

You can't know for sure that you would have enjoyed it, if you watch it in "chronological" order for your first time.

For a second watch (like you did), I can recommend "chronological" order as an experiment.

Why is it not "chronological"? In my head it made perfect sense
Sep 4, 2022 10:26 AM

May 2016
Franthicc said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

Because 0 takes place before Episode 1 of S;G, not in between 23b and 23.
-
Sep 4, 2022 10:35 AM
Nov 2016
Franthicc said:

I will copy/paste the reason which was explained around here some time ago in another thread, basically:

Because you're not following the same Okabe in both the series. S;G Okabe recieved that video mail in 1st episode from 0 Okabe that 0 Okabe never got from his own future self. His story was already completed before S;G Okabe started his own almost identical journey that we follow.

There were actually many more previous versions of Okabe before 0 Okabe who also go through this kind of journey & fail to find S;G & there was also the very first Okabe who must have experienced stuffs a lot differently then what we saw our Okabe experienced. That very 1st Okabe started everything or more like the 1st Suzuha who time travelled started everything & kept on rewriting history. A show with countless iterations like this can never have a proper chronological order. It's not like 0 is happening inbetween episode 23 & 24 of the OG series. That's a misinterpretation. It has altogether happened before the 1st episode of S;G.

S;G 0 is basically a side entry to the main story in case if anyone is interested in more details about some of the main aspects of the original

What is also interesting that the alternative 23rd episode is also not a direct prequel to 0 anime (anyone can check the contradicting dates in Ep1 of 0 and 23ß of original), but was solely made to promote the 0 visual novel, back in 2015. And the 0 anime is also a sequel to the 0 VN due to its weird, iterative structure.

This basically explains the issue, remember that I simply copy/pasted 2 answers from 2 different people, I had this saved in a .txt file since I believe they are good answers.
Sep 4, 2022 10:52 AM
May 2021
xZabuzax said:
Franthicc said:

I will copy/paste the reason which was explained around here some time ago in another thread, basically:

Because you're not following the same Okabe in both the series. S;G Okabe recieved that video mail in 1st episode from 0 Okabe that 0 Okabe never got from his own future self. His story was already completed before S;G Okabe started his own almost identical journey that we follow.

There were actually many more previous versions of Okabe before 0 Okabe who also go through this kind of journey & fail to find S;G & there was also the very first Okabe who must have experienced stuffs a lot differently then what we saw our Okabe experienced. That very 1st Okabe started everything or more like the 1st Suzuha who time travelled started everything & kept on rewriting history. A show with countless iterations like this can never have a proper chronological order. It's not like 0 is happening inbetween episode 23 & 24 of the OG series. That's a misinterpretation. It has altogether happened before the 1st episode of S;G.

S;G 0 is basically a side entry to the main story in case if anyone is interested in more details about some of the main aspects of the original

What is also interesting that the alternative 23rd episode is also not a direct prequel to 0 anime (anyone can check the contradicting dates in Ep1 of 0 and 23ß of original), but was solely made to promote the 0 visual novel, back in 2015. And the 0 anime is also a sequel to the 0 VN due to its weird, iterative structure.

This basically explains the issue, remember that I simply copy/pasted 2 answers from 2 different people, I had this saved in a .txt file since I believe they are good answers.

I agree on the fact that its not the same okabe, but its still chronological tho, since the okabe in steins;gate zero, basically made it possible for the okabe in steins;gate to get to the SG world line no?
Since without Okabe zero, they wouldn't have reached the sg world line.
If you watch it release order tho, they get to the steins gate world line, and then when you get to steins gate 0, you're left wondering: hmm what happened to makise. yk what I mean?
Sep 4, 2022 11:35 AM
Nov 2016
Franthicc said:
xZabuzax said:

I agree on the fact that its not the same okabe, but its still chronological tho, since the okabe in steins;gate zero, basically made it possible for the okabe in steins;gate to get to the SG world line no?
If you watch it release order tho, they get to the steins gate world line, and then when you get to steins gate 0, you're left wondering: hmm what happened to makise. yk what I mean?

I really can't see it as Chronological since they are different Okabe's, I see Steins;Gate 0 more as an additional story explaining the events to reach the Steins;Gate's worldline but this explanation wasn't really needed IMHO, it's just mudding the waters. IMHO, an anime like Steins;Gate can never have a true "Chronological Order" because of the different iterations from the past Okabes.

But if you really see it as "Chronological" then good for you mate, I simply can't see it that way but I'm glad you enjoyed Steins;Gate, it's my best anime.

I can't say the same for Steins;Gate 0 though, I actually hate that anime, I'm one of the most hardcore Steins;Gate 0 hater around here but I will praise episode 8 though, I freaking loved that episode.
Sep 4, 2022 11:38 AM
May 2021
xZabuzax said:
Franthicc said:

I really can't see it as Chronological since they are different Okabe's, I see Steins;Gate 0 more as an additional story explaining the events to reach the Steins;Gate's worldline but this explanation wasn't really needed IMHO, it's just mudding the waters. IMHO, an anime like Steins;Gate can never have a true "Chronological Order" because of the different iterations from the past Okabes.

But if you really see it as "Chronological" then good for you mate, I simply can't see it that way but I'm glad you enjoyed Steins;Gate, it's my best anime.

I can't say the same for Steins;Gate 0 though, I actually hate that anime, I'm one of the most hardcore Steins;Gate 0 hater around here but I will praise episode 8 though, I freaking loved that episode.

I also love steins;gate!!!!
Sep 4, 2022 11:59 AM

May 2016
Franthicc said:
xZabuzax said:

You are not wondering, because you should watch 23b before it as an introduction to 0.
-
Sep 4, 2022 2:25 PM
May 2021
SciADV_Maniac said:
Franthicc said:

You are not wondering, because you should watch 23b before it as an introduction to 0.

I did I did!
Forgot to mention in the thread my bad...
Sep 13, 2022 11:25 PM

May 2022
adding a new arc at 2nd last ep.?
Oct 1, 2022 9:06 PM
Oct 2022
El psy congroo !El psy congroo !El psy congroo !El psy congroo !
Nov 2, 2022 10:41 AM

Dec 2019
Steins Gate have what other shows dont have.
Alberto Delta Star Light Odorizzi

Dec 4, 2022 7:50 PM

May 2022
yet another EMOTIONAL and moving episode, not only do I feel so bad for Okabe at this point, but Kurisu's father is an asshole and the one who murdered her in the very beginning. Despite the failure, it is still possible to get around the Attractor Field Convergence and save Kurisu despite the requirement of keeping the past unchanged. The key is deceiving himself and remembering the experiences in the alpha world line. So much more interesting stuff about world lines, its so awesome. Mayuri slapping Okabe though was emotional too, she really doesn't want him to give up. She wants to see him fight on and act like a mad scientist again. Time for the ultimate, and hopefully a happy conclusion.
Dec 4, 2022 11:16 PM

May 2016
AwesomeAli2832 said:
yet another EMOTIONAL and moving episode, not only do I feel so bad for Okabe at this point, but Kurisu's father is an asshole and the one who murdered her in the very beginning. Despite the failure, it is still possible to get around the Attractor Field Convergence and save Kurisu despite the requirement of keeping the past unchanged. The key is deceiving himself and remembering the experiences in the alpha world line. So much more interesting stuff about world lines, its so awesome. Mayuri slapping Okabe though was emotional too, she really doesn't want him to give up. She wants to see him fight on and act like a mad scientist again. Time for the ultimate, and hopefully a happy conclusion.

It was Okabe, not her father
-
Dec 28, 2022 2:45 PM

Feb 2022
Okabe's character development is not normal at all
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 19, 2023 6:21 AM
Jan 2023
HOLY CRAP, THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD, IM GETTING A DOPAMINE RUSH
Feb 19, 2023 6:41 AM
Jan 2023
THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD, IM GETTING A DOPAMINE RUSH
Apr 16, 2023 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Epic comeback ygy
Jun 3, 2023 7:41 AM
Mar 2022
Absolutely amazing anime it is really underrated man if you are interested in time travel stuff you can just start watching this anime blindly don't care about anything just go you going to see the effect from the very 1st episode
Jun 3, 2023 7:49 AM

May 2016
Raiden111 said:
underrated

How can be something underrated with 9.07 score and having the 3rd place on MAL currently lmao?
-
Jun 3, 2023 7:57 AM
Mar 2022
SciADV_Maniac said:
Raiden111 said:
underrated

How can be something underrated with 9.07 score and having the 3rd place on MAL currently lmao?
I heard from many peoples saying this is really underrated anime and bla bla so yea 
Nov 16, 2023 7:04 AM
Oct 2021
Come on okabe you can save makise !!
Nov 17, 2023 1:47 AM

Feb 2019
We're in for an epic ending.
Nov 26, 2023 3:04 AM
May 2021
Amazing this episode
Dec 23, 2023 9:45 AM
Oct 2023
this episode made me get up from my seat. this was really perfect. the one who killed Kurisu is Okarin himself. glad Mayrui made him snap back though
Dec 28, 2023 2:13 AM

Dec 2019
Holy shit, did Mayurin just slap Okabe? Most out of character moment in anime history.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Jan 9, 10:07 AM
Nov 2021
The mad scientist is back!!!
Jan 20, 2:36 AM

Oct 2021
he would have never developed feeling for makise kurisu if he was in original timeline so i would say what happened was for better. that one day was what made all the differences now he is going to undo the mess.. faking her death now? i am curious what happens next.

i thought alot about whether to stop watching this episode or not and jump straight to 23b and 0 series but i am going to finish it in release order first.
Jan 20, 3:19 AM

May 2016
Reply to Finn086
he would have never developed feeling for makise kurisu if he was in original timeline so i would say what happened was for better. that one day was what made all the differences now he is going to undo the mess.. faking her death now? i am curious what happens next.

i thought alot about whether to stop watching this episode or not and jump straight to 23b and 0 series but i am going to finish it in release order first.
Finn086 said:
thought alot about whether to stop watching this episode or not and jump straight to 23b and 0 series but i am going to finish it in release order first.

That's exactly how people should do it. You did it great. Don't forget to watch the movie and the Egoistic Poriomania OVA as well
-
Jan 27, 2:50 AM
Sep 2022
Timeless Masterpiece
Mar 26, 3:17 AM

Mar 2024
Wow full of surprises good episode
Apr 28, 9:45 AM
Aug 2020
Epic stuff, just as I vaguely remembered it.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

486 by Term4738 »»
Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1830 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.