Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2011 5:28 AM

Jan 2009
So, like, I personally find the best part of this episode being the VN's OP in the end of the episode.
Then there's Okarin's reaction when he realizes that he'll be foreveralone.jpg, as his future self still behaves like he does now.
And Dal's "Oh, the usual Okarin's back."

On another note, I hope White Fox gets a lot of adaption jobs in the future, because they're doing it really well.
Unlike some other studios who can't adapt shit.
Again, back to avoiding the forums.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 7, 2011 5:56 AM

Jun 2011
Oosran said:
So, like, I personally find the best part of this episode being the VN's OP in the end of the episode.
Then there's Okarin's reaction when he realizes that he'll be foreveralone.jpg, as his future self still behaves like he does now.
And Dal's "Oh, the usual Okarin's back."

On another note, I hope White Fox gets a lot of adaption jobs in the future, because they're doing it really well.
Unlike some other studios who can't adapt shit.

Hell ya! Skyclad no Kansokusha FTW! Really, I can't think of any alternatives for the revival of Hououin Kyouma. So much win... T_____T

White Fox is such a decent studio. Tho I wished Hayashi-senesi took the role of screenwriter himself... Hanada is too unstable... =\
Sep 7, 2011 6:10 AM
Jun 2008
^
come on, its just one small part T.T"
Other than that, everything is awesome
Sep 7, 2011 6:11 AM
Apr 2011
so much reply in short time.
gonna miss this after next week :(
Sep 7, 2011 6:11 AM
Jun 2010
I just loved everything about this episode, its been such an emotional ride for me ):

The buildup was probably just what made this episode, it made my week and I can't believe the last episode is airing next week. I'm going to miss this series and can't wait to play the vn.

And also, I think that the ending music just wrapped the whole episode up so nicely. Emotionallll~ );
Sep 7, 2011 6:19 AM

Jan 2010
just give this anime rating 10 already.
Sep 7, 2011 6:19 AM

Feb 2010
Wow this ep was really amazing.
Okabe is really epic!! True mad scientist!!
Now it is really hard to wait for next ep x_x
WidelleSep 7, 2011 8:10 AM
Sep 7, 2011 6:53 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty epic set-up for the final episode :)
Sep 7, 2011 7:10 AM

Dec 2010
Oah god. Okabe is so epic! I missed his mad scientist laugh. One episode left. I'm sure next week is gonna be godly.
Sep 7, 2011 7:14 AM
Feb 2009
at 1st i think okabe is retarded but now i think he is epic o.o
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 7, 2011 8:26 AM

Feb 2011
okabe is epic, one of the best characters I have ever seen, if not the best, well developed and growing with the series.

I started on Sunday and now I'm going to die... whi we have to wait one week for knowing the end.

This ends seems is going to be epic ending also!
Sep 7, 2011 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
I don't get why Okarin had to fail saving Kurisu once to see the video message he got from his future self... Does anyone get this?
Sep 7, 2011 8:49 AM
Jun 2008
STM said:
I don't get why Okarin had to fail saving Kurisu once to see the video message he got from his future self... Does anyone get this?
you can't success if you don't fail ...

When Okabe kill Kurisi, Okabe's emotion will not only effect that present, but it also effect the future Okabe.Okabe from the future work more hard to find a way to save Kurisi when Okabe from the past kill Kurisi.imo

The observer has been Observed LOL
Sep 7, 2011 8:52 AM

Dec 2010
Bumped up to 10.

GOD

FUCKING

DAMN.

Nothing gets me more pumped up than seeing a character go through hell and come out on the other side with the FUCK YEAH LETS DO IT spirit Ok- Hououin had at the end.

It's THIIIIIIS close to knocking Madoka off the top spot as AotY. A ending with this quality, or better, will do it.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Sep 7, 2011 8:54 AM

Jul 2007
MorningGlory said:
STM said:
you can't success if you don't fail ...

When Okabe kill Kurisi, Okabe's emotion will not only effect that present, but it also effect the future Okabe.Okabe from the future work more hard to find a way to save Kurisi when Okabe from the past kill Kurisi.imo

The observer has been Observed LOL

wrong.

Okabe's fail CREATED that Okabe who sent the message. :)
Sep 7, 2011 8:59 AM

Jun 2009
I'm speechless.... Awesome episode as always! Can't wait for the final episode!
Sep 7, 2011 9:03 AM
Jul 2010
STM said:
I'm not sure but I think it's because he was going to give up. I mean, he wasn't going to do anything to get Kurisu back, he'd just accept her sacrifice and live his life. Future Okarin was obsessed with saving Kurisu, which lead him to dedicate himself to developing a time machine. And has he said: "that pain gave rise to my obsession". So it's like he's closing a paradox. Without failing to save Kurisu, he'd never come up with that plan to reach the Steins;Gate worldline nor would he have developed a time machine. Therefore, it's as if there were two worldlines: one with a Okarin who's never tried to bring Kurisu back and another with one who's obsessed with that. So he only received the message when he had felt the pain of failing, and the second future Okarin would exist. That's just the way I interpret it.
Sep 7, 2011 9:07 AM

Mar 2011
I re-watched the first episode of S;G and... look to this:
-> The episode's title is: The epilogue to the start and end
What Okabe did in this episode 23, he made the same thing in the episode 1. D:

Sep 7, 2011 9:11 AM
Jun 2008
Fai said:

Okabe's fail CREATED that Okabe who sent the message. :)
Actually the message is sent to him before Kurisi died .
Dusk252 said:

"that pain gave rise to my obsession"

I wonder does Mayuri's slap has any effect on that lol

Anyway, the observer is been observed this time.Future Okarin didn't sent D-mail but He sent a time machine with Suzuha in it
MorningGlorySep 7, 2011 9:15 AM
Sep 7, 2011 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
STM said:

First off, the D-MMS (let me put it that way) was actually sent to the world line where Okabe fails to save Kurisu. and NOT the world line where Okabe sees Kurisu being stabbed. And the message was meant to be seen on 21st in the latter world line (and to avoid the message being overridden by the apparently garbage MMS, he was asked to leave the cell phone on the 21st when he time travels with Suzuha). Since in both scenarios, Kurisu dies, they are basically of world lines that Converges in the similar fate, the garbage MMS is just part of the convergence. Okabe wasn't the one who killed Kurisu. To be more blatant, the world was killing Kurisu which was a result of Convergence, and a world being lead to WWIII in 2036, leading to the casualty of 5.7 billion people in the world.

Secondly, Okabe's attempt to change the world line to save Kurisu and cross the boundary of singularity of Convergence (i.e. 1.0) shifted the world to a different line where Kurisu ends up joining the lab as lab member 004, in the same world line, that converges to the death of Mayuri and later in a world where Okabe and Daru both dies fighting the organization SERN, which supposedly would be ruling the world in 2036.

Now this is where the trick is, Mayuri actually dies in a world line before Kurisu dies in the other. Which lead to Okabe getting to know Kurisu, developing feelings for her and then dedicating his 15 years of life to find a way to change Kurisu's fate.

FUCKING BRILLIANT. /I could be wrong. So apologies beforehand :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 7, 2011 9:51 AM

Aug 2011
AHHH!!! Each episode is just better than the previous, and there all just midn blowing!!!!
Kirisu dieing was a real pain to see, but okabe at the end was just plain EPIC!! This anime is just better than perfect!! XD
Sep 7, 2011 10:07 AM

Jun 2011
MorningGlory said:
Dusk252 said:
"that pain gave rise to my obsession"
I wonder does Mayuri's slap has any effect on that lol

Anyway, the observer is been observed this time.Future Okarin didn't sent D-mail but He sent a time machine with Suzuha in it
The future Okabe was the one failed to save Kurisu AND decided to give up.
Sep 7, 2011 10:18 AM
Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:

I heard people said that this part is similar to ~
ドラマCD「無限遠点のアークライト」 ; drama CD [Endless Apoptosis 1.130205%]
Mayushi's turn to become a temporary heroine ^^
Sep 7, 2011 10:19 AM

Oct 2008
"The world is in the palm of my hand!"

There's only one other notable character to ever have said that exact line and they are both probably the best male protagonists to exist in anime.

Sep 7, 2011 10:39 AM
Sep 2011
Since it is letting translation pass, I feel sorry in awkward English.
but I wanted to tell only this.

Although it is a talk in not the game version but the novel version, OKARIN of the future is after D mail movie photography.
It tended dull and the breath is taken over.
A cause is debility of the soul by having pursued the method that kurisu is saved, with tenacity of purpose, and having repeated the time LEAP ;_;
For that photography, he posed as the mad scientist and had regained energy.
Sep 7, 2011 10:54 AM

Apr 2008
Hands down this IS one of the best anime I have seen of all time. Can't wait to see the last episode.
Sep 7, 2011 10:55 AM

May 2010
So that's what happened it's all shown at the first episode I almost forgot about that old man, do your best Okarin and kill that asshole hahaha !

Sep 7, 2011 11:22 AM
Oct 2007
EPIC

El Psy Congroo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2011 11:28 AM
Aug 2008
After a good nights sleep I was able to wrap my head around the series but while the rest of my questions should be solved in the final episode I'm unsure of one thing. I noticed in the world where okabe falls In love with kurisu she originally had no interest in time travel and thought it was bs. In the world he reverts to when she dies we find out she wrote the paper and started what was ww3. Is this just the effect of a different world line?
Sep 7, 2011 11:32 AM
May 2011
OK, first.... OMFGWTFWTHBBQ!!!!!!

this is the best anime that i've ever watched, Number #1 after The World God Only Knows, Death Note, and Code Geass.

this Anime is Fucking Awesome!!

btw, it bother me, but when Okabe said "that's me 33 years on the future" does that mean that RIGHT NOW Hyouin Kyouma is 18 YEARS OLD!!! if that's true then he's GENIUS AS HELL, and BRILLIANT for and EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD!!??

anyway.

El Psy Chongroo
Sep 7, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2011
is it just me or did suzuha sound different?
Sep 7, 2011 11:52 AM
Sep 2011
The mail address from him of the 15-year future.

sg_epk@ ………。

You understand?
Sep 7, 2011 11:54 AM

Jun 2011
shiromegami said:
You mean her attitude? She's a REAL soldier now. Trust me, she can kill without blinking an eye, if she has to.

heikou said:
The mail address from him of the 15-year future.

sg_epk@ ………。

You understand?
Steins Gate El Psy Kongroo. Chunibyou as usual, Uncle Okarin.
KansokushaSep 7, 2011 11:59 AM
Sep 7, 2011 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
communiist said:
Every episode in this show is just fucking amazing.
and what ever happened to kurisu being a sern spy?
I guess that was false but oh well

Kurisu was a SERN spy, in a significantly earlier, or possibly the original, divergence line, the events of which we actually NEVER see in this anime. In this line, nothing has been altered by time travel -- so Kurisu had an argument with her father, but she was not stabbed by a time traveling Okabe. Afterwards, Kurisu's father may or may not have stolen her research, but we can assume that Kurisu eventually meets and partners with Okabe (under circumstances different from what we understand), and then Kurisu probably betrays Okabe to gain her father's, who probably has still defected to the Russians. One of these groups eventually creates a time machine of significance, and then we get the first divergence lines, which is all that is shown to us.

It might be important to consider the possibility that Suzuha's time machine allows her to travel across multiple divergence lines with her original memories intact (while in the machine). If you assume that each iteration of Suzuha can only have come from the immediately preceding or current divergence line, it becomes very difficult to connect the dots and explain how the events change. But if the machine allows inter-divergence travel, it becomes simple. In other words, Suzuha comes from a divergence that's pretty remote from the divergence we see, and there are several divergences in between that account for the differences between what we see, and what Suzuha relates to us.

After all, if Okabe and invent a device that measure the distance between the current and a preceding divergence point, then he can probably also design a device that allows a person to travel between divergences.

Edit....

El. Psy. Congroo.
Makiroll_KSep 7, 2011 12:19 PM
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Sep 7, 2011 12:30 PM

May 2011
Omniknight said:

There's only one other notable character to ever have said that exact line and they are both probably the best male protagonists to exist in anime.

Oh, this, so this. <33
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Sep 7, 2011 12:41 PM

Jul 2007
Omniknight said:

apparently you missed all the three times where he quotes that character before. half of what okarin says in his kyoma mode are references :)
Sep 7, 2011 2:12 PM

May 2010
Suzuha back to give Okarin more TimeTravel awesomeness.

So, assumptions were kinda right on Okabe being involved with Kurisu's death. The scream in the first episode, really did give it away. Pretty surprising(to me) that Nakabachi is Kurisu's father, I have completely forgotten about him,lol. Anywho, I feel like this episode lacked something, but still good.

Last episode should blow my mind, if not - still gonna be labeled as a "masterpiece" to me, everything during episode 11-22 has been godly..
Sep 7, 2011 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
So intense! This tied up so many loose ends, especially from the first episode. The scream was indeed himself. His future self still speaks the same way with his clever names for everything. "I sound like a rabid fangirl". xD

Can't wait until the conclusion even though I don't want it to end either! D:

Sep 7, 2011 2:19 PM

Jun 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrHhfB5PdU
Check the first 2 sentences of the PV, omg
Sep 7, 2011 2:41 PM
Jun 2010
Spiritsoul said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrHhfB5PdU
Check the first 2 sentences of the PV, omg

Deceive the first you, Deceive the world.
The answer was right under our noses the whole time O:
Sep 7, 2011 3:06 PM

Nov 2009
DenebV201 said:
Last Episode Preview :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFsCgs00EE

El Psy Congroo

My body was not ready... for those epic mad scientist poses!!!
but what's this thing i see? OMG! *running nerviously in circles*

I was screaming like a fangirl when Hououin Kyouma returned!

El Psy Congroo
Sep 7, 2011 3:19 PM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Fai said:
The best part is how good it fits with Episode 1 and how Okabes final lines and what he has to do ghastly mirror what he has said AT THE VERY START of first episode.
Guess it's time to see the first episode after this. I though it was the best to do it after this episode.

PS: Okabe watch your ass after that! If it found out you deceived time it can still bit your back! I know a series that is going on for 3 movies already and death really was pissed off from being deceived. Watch out Okabe!

First ep opened with narration:
"The universe has beginning but no end. infinite.
The stars too have a beginning, but their own power leads them to their own destruction. Finite.
History dictates that its the wise who are most foolish."
Funny thing was of Hitler indeed being wise but in thee end foolish. The Germans had a army of 50 years in advancements. 50 YEARS! That is crazy. They still lost. So they say with power comes great responsibility but no one can take the responsibility of time! NO ONE! Why? Because its infinite as is the Universe. Thus its impossible to take on such responsibility so what you do? Well you follow the story of Okabe and learn from it not to mess nor even try to mess around with time for it will screw your life like it did with Okabe.

Perhaps you may screw around with the world but the attractor field will screw with all your most precious. Starting by a girl you like/are friends with for a while (Okabe's case was Mayuri) then going worse and worse most likely.

Point being is that Okabe's story shows that whoever is messing with time now is doing a big mistake towards all of us.
Fai said:
Is the sort-of monologue he says at the start of first episode, while we zoom around the telephone lanes and stuff(especially zooming into a transistor that looks like time machine)
Now going line by line:
Time-line. And world-lines as well as cause and effect, like the fact that Okabe caused everything to happen because he caused everything to happen.
Okabe causing THE WHOLE SERIES TO HAPPEN by his actions in the penultimate episode because of his own power. As well as the knowledge and theory of time machine leading the world to its end.
Okabe needing to be wise enough to fool his past self. And in a sense, he was outsmarted and played for a fool by himself since very first episode.
Funny thing is I really think this a huge lesson towards the IRL CERN with some plans they have. Could be a ROFL but I know a black hole swallowing the earth is not far off as being a potential risk in the level of experiences they are doing with let's say anti-matter. Point being is, someone should send the series to CERN office. See what they say of this?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 7, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
Darkfalz said:
After a good nights sleep I was able to wrap my head around the series but while the rest of my questions should be solved in the final episode I'm unsure of one thing. I noticed in the world where okabe falls In love with kurisu she originally had no interest in time travel and thought it was bs. In the world he reverts to when she dies we find out she wrote the paper and started what was ww3. Is this just the effect of a different world line?

She did have an interest, she just didn't show it cause if she proved Time travel works or whatever, her father will hate her more.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 7, 2011 3:27 PM

Oct 2010
Kansokusha said:
Oh the Almighty Tutturu Slap. It meant so much. Operation Skuld would have been failed and became an endless loop if not for Mayuri. Who could have known? Someone has made a noble sacrifice off-screen. Love truely can transcend time and space...
EXACTLY! It's kind look who is laughing now! Ha! Mayuri was useful in thee end and that slap really is still making me really happy.

Been watching the end of the episode over 5 times now where the VN music is played to test out the emotional response. Used to do shit in psychology. Have found out that the VN music + the general mood that does make you want to "Yeah! Let's do it! Let's make it all good again!" stuff like that + the hopes totally = to a outburst of emotions. For me it was yelling and tearing. It's too powerful for a scene. It's like watching one of Clannad. No matter it affects you. That is really amazing in anime. It requires really powerful directing. Took me 10 times at some part of Clannad to not affect me much.

Yeah at the end I did yell out El! Psy! Congroo! Yeah!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 7, 2011 3:35 PM
Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Funny thing is I really think this a huge lesson towards the IRL CERN with some plans they have. Could be a ROFL but I know a black hole swallowing the earth is not far off as being a potential risk in the level of experiences they are doing with let's say anti-matter. Point being is, someone should send the series to CERN office. See what they say of this?

They're gonna time travel and prevent it from airing!!
Ore ga. The Organization is planning a top secret sabotage operation against my anime. HELP NEEDED. NOW. El Psy Congroo.
LOL
Sep 7, 2011 3:44 PM

Aug 2011
Kansokusha said:
shiromegami said:
You mean her attitude? She's a REAL soldier now. Trust me, she can kill without blinking an eye, if she has to.

i watched episode 16 and episode 23 again

her voice is still the same it was just the way she talked.. so yea youre right

but the song was definitely different..
Sep 7, 2011 3:52 PM

Apr 2008
Episode 24 title:

Deceive the world, Deceive yourself. El Psy Congroo.

EPIC LINES HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN BEFORE.

This show is on the verge of getting a 12/10.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Sep 7, 2011 4:30 PM

Jun 2008
Be right back, gotta' pick up my brain off of the floor
'CAUSE IT FREAKING EXPLODED
Sep 7, 2011 5:09 PM

Mar 2011
Wow! This is another 10 for me!

Okabe sure has a lot to do in the last episode!
Sep 7, 2011 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
Epic on many levels. Let's get this show started.

Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

486 by Term4738 »»
Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1830 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.