Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2011 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even if I don't like Haga, gotta admit he's got some pretty nice strategies. Wish they'd stop cutting back to Shizuka (or w/e the sister's name is) and that kid like every other minute though -_-"
Well ... nothing really to say about this episode ... wonder how Jounouchi will get out of this mess though :O
Oct 12, 2012 1:27 PM
Mar 13, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
I hate Weavel, why can't he play fair!? This parasite is pretty unfair, normally nobody would have it in his deck... I wonder what Joey can do now.
Mar 18, 2016 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Gearfried! Badass card incoming :O
May 10, 2017 7:20 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Pretty nice start of an intense battle!
Jul 28, 2017 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
At least give Weavel something, the dude's plan wasn't half bad.
Jan 15, 2020 2:44 PM

Oct 2016
Do Jounouchi and the others have mental problems? Haga was cheating. The duel is void and null. Even if Jounouchi wanted to keep playing, the moment the parasite card showed up as the cheating card in his he should've have torn it to piece or burned it or, if he didn't want to be as drastic as I would've been, he should've simply tossed it aside, as putting cards in other people's decks is cheating and completely unacceptable, no matter what ridiculous standard someone has. If he didn't do it, then Honda or Mazaki should have done it in its place. I certainly would've done it, because that's the right to do. Not turning the other cheek like a brainless individual.
Feb 19, 2020 4:36 PM

Nov 2017
I'm pretty indifferent toward the way most people look (that includes fictional characters), but seeing Haga again had me saying,

Oct 27, 2021 10:37 PM

Aug 2019
Wow the anime sure added a lot of things to this duel than the manga had. For starters the manga made it clear that the main duels of the Battle City tourney all happened on the same day, whereas this episode made it apparent than a full day had passed since the tourney began since Anzu and Honda had different clothing. Also Haga sprayed the kid with bug aerosol in the manga, whereas here he used some slimy silly string crap.

I skipped through Shizuka's subplot when I saw the subbed episode because I hated it and it wasn't in the manga either. Another thing that made me cringe was how Haga cheated; Mokuba's job in this tournament was to ensure that everyone followed the rules, yet here blatant cheating was happening yet Mokuba was nowhere to be found. :/

Edit: Minor nit pick (I know I make many lol) but why the heck did the TCG change Dragonfly's original name to "Flying Kamakiri #1"? It's clearly a dragonfly monster and kamakiri means praying mantis. Also Jounouchi misplayed; he should've attacked Haga's face-down monster with Jinzo first, then sacrificed Jinzo to attack with Panther Warrior.
Early_MorningOct 27, 2021 10:45 PM
Jan 10, 2022 7:41 AM

Nov 2019
That little boy at the hospital bugged me a lot. Let that poor girl root for his brother in peace, for gods sake!
Apr 13, 2022 10:45 AM

Nov 2010
That insect deck is nasty! I hate insects, I have a phobia on them. lol But, I like how gimmicky it is.

So far it's an awesome duel. I wonder how Jonouchi can come back from this. That Moth is stronger than the Blue Eyes White Dragon. Damn.
Oct 26, 2023 6:11 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Inspector haga SUCKS dude it makes me wanna not watch this

Other antagonists are so much better

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 1 Discussion

Cele - Oct 25, 2009

35 by -DxP- »»
40 minutes ago

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.