Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 3, 2011 3:30 AM
Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
SkyHigh said:
Question what do you think about the Opening of the anime where you see Ringo turn into flames, I've been wondering what significance that holds...
Pirokinesis power given by the Penguins? Now that would be one Fantastic Four add on except it's a human torch female version. Well if she could fly and be like Human Torch then even Natsume can't do jack shit, well even normal Pirokinesis can burn those balls of hers.
SkyHigh said:
Oh and on the other subject about the Sex change thing which I’ve talked about as well, your idea about MOD's from Kampfer don't you think it's going a bit far,
No and don't you think you should think maybe based on the chicken with the eggs?
SkyHigh said:
I think that more than one Survival Strategy would be going too far, though gender bender may be fun if it brings a little more comedy, I just don't want to see the entire cast changed into girls lol.
I think it would be an amazing feature itself to see more survival Strategy but most of all other factions that are not Penguins.

I had this sudden idea that this show might be about Super High Beings being cute little furies like Penguins and wage war between themselves with the only human in it and able to see them are in fact those who are on their side, which does make sense since Ringo never saw any of those penguins,. Regardless it would be interesting to see if it goes in that way.

You really want the cast to change into girls.... I mean I've seen your anime list and you seem to like anime with a higher proportion of girls than guys but still I think it could actually harm the plot, I mean seriously I'd hate to see Kanba become one because well his whole playboy attitude seems to actually have some kind of significance.

I actually think there should be only one penguin hat person, because each survival strategy needs a human in it for the bitch hat to mock so she can feel superior, god damn superiority complex :S, but I just can't see it, the sex change thing doesn't seem likely at this moment in time but who knows sighh.

Pyrokinesis wouldn't seem likely I think since she actually burned up into flames it could mean something else, I can't think of anything yet but it may be trying to symbolise something.

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Sep 3, 2011 6:42 AM

Feb 2010
OH MY GOD!

That was one action-packed episode...I see hope in the future with ShoumaxRingo!!!!
I just can't sit still for the next episode, I mean, now that Ringo's diary is in shreds and Shouma sacrificed himself to save Ringo (I hope he's still alive...) this will entirely change the plot (I believe). I think now Ringo will snap out of it. If not completely, then by a little because when Shouma told her he was the craziest bitch he had ever met, it really stuck to her, lol.
I can't help but appreciate the efforts Shouma went through to save his sister, but in a way he's not only there to save his sister, but by trying to help Ringo and learning more about her...he has the power to change Ringo too. Even though every time Shouma's asked if he's falling in love with her and he kind of just says,"NO WAY!" I think that by the two falling in love with each other, it can seriously make Ringo turn into a different person.

Although, I have absolutely no clue what that penguin hat girl will say now that the "penguin drum" is "broken".
Sep 3, 2011 6:57 AM
Jul 2011
EarlCiel said:
OH MY GOD!

That was one action-packed episode...I see hope in the future with ShoumaxRingo!!!!
I just can't sit still for the next episode, I mean, now that Ringo's diary is in shreds and Shouma sacrificed himself to save Ringo (I hope he's still alive...) this will entirely change the plot (I believe). I think now Ringo will snap out of it. If not completely, then by a little because when Shouma told her he was the craziest bitch he had ever met, it really stuck to her, lol.
I can't help but appreciate the efforts Shouma went through to save his sister, but in a way he's not only there to save his sister, but by trying to help Ringo and learning more about her...he has the power to change Ringo too. Even though every time Shouma's asked if he's falling in love with her and he kind of just says,"NO WAY!" I think that by the two falling in love with each other, it can seriously make Ringo turn into a different person.

Although, I have absolutely no clue what that penguin hat girl will say now that the "penguin drum" is "broken".

Exactly what I think, I believe this is a turning point for Ringo and Shouma, that's if Shouma survives, I believe the denial in this episode highlights that Shouma and Ringo will get together, especially that blush on his face when he denied it.

You raise a good question, what the hell will happen now that the Penguindrum has been torn, I wonder if bitch hat will rage or be like "It must not have been the penguindrum!" and then order the boys to do something else, either way I think that hat is going to rage.

Aww can't wait for next episode

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Sep 3, 2011 8:41 AM
Jul 2011
NOOOOO!!! dont pull a sex change on me, cant have RingoxShouma then T.T
scantaSep 3, 2011 1:08 PM
Sep 3, 2011 9:26 AM
Jan 2011

Boring fanservice.......
Sep 3, 2011 11:56 AM

Sep 2007
Hopefully this ends Ringo's stupid delusions already. She was getting way too irritating.
Sep 3, 2011 2:20 PM

Jun 2010
This is indeed the best episode yet. I mean, if this anime is this good right here... it makes you wonder how incredible its ending is going to be.
Sep 3, 2011 3:16 PM

Aug 2010
My reaction throughout the episode was like Screw you, Ringo, I hope someone kills you off.

Then at the end I was OHMYGOD SHOUMA WHYYY

And a few hours after watching the episode I'm still OHMYGOD SHOUMA WHYYY
Sep 3, 2011 3:43 PM
Aug 2011
I really hope they don't say everything was cool after that hit with the car. He should be in pretty bad shape. Knowing this show he will walk it off.
Sep 3, 2011 4:08 PM

Sep 2010
Ringo is a crazy yandere I like her. xD

But at the end of this episode all I could say is WHY SHOUMA WHY! He is my favorite character along with Ringo and Kanba.

I doubt he will die though he will probably get up like nothing happened or wind up in the hospital because its way too early to kill him off like that. D8
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 3, 2011 4:40 PM

Nov 2008
Maidloid said:
CELTY WHY

/lmao I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVEN'T THOUGHT OF THAT.
AND THEY WERE IN IKEBUKURO TOO.

Even if she has her moments, I still hate Ringo. She's just too messed up.

I love watching this show for the brothers (+ Himari) the incest & the penguins. I'm sick of project M and mentally unstable stalkers.

SHOUMA NOOOOOOO (; _____ ; )
Sep 3, 2011 5:51 PM

Aug 2009
Am I the only one who's getting bored and sick of Ringo...? I mean, seriously, her story has dragged on for way too long now.
Sep 3, 2011 5:58 PM

Apr 2011
I get the feeling I'm the only one who likes Ringo.
I feel bad for her, she's doing all this crap just to bring her family back together when it's really not worth it.
Also, you guys should probably read the light novel alongside this (Only one volume so far) because it explains things a little bit more.
KotoriOtonashiSep 3, 2011 6:11 PM
Sep 3, 2011 9:15 PM

Jun 2009
Maybe Ringo will now finally shut up with that Alberto Del Rio "DESTINY" mumbo jumbo and the story can move on explaining the other characters. Even though it sounds like I'm hating on her, she's my fav anime character this year! She's fabulous MAX with the craziness @_@
Sep 3, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2010
Kaeyuki said:
I feel bad for her, she's doing all this crap just to bring her family back together when it's really not worth it.
Also, you guys should probably read the light novel alongside this (Only one volume so far) because it explains things a little bit more.

I like her too I feel sorry for her. So about the light novel did it start at the same time as the anime? Maybe they will both end at the same time?

I kinda hope so since it would be a pain to look up translations to future chapters and all since light novels like never get scanlated into English. Dx
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 3, 2011 9:23 PM

Jul 2011
NO!!!!!!! I hope Shoma will survive this!!! he is my fav!!!

i think Yuri is the one who trying to steal the diary and she is also the one who stuffed all the plushie under tabuki's blanket.
Sep 3, 2011 9:56 PM

Apr 2011
Roloko said:
Kaeyuki said:

I like her too I feel sorry for her. So about the light novel did it start at the same time as the anime? Maybe they will both end at the same time?

I kinda hope so since it would be a pain to look up translations to future chapters and all since light novels like never get scanlated into English. Dx

Pretty much did get released simultaneously, since there's only one volume out.
And almost every chapter covers an episode of the anime.
There IS a site (A wordpress one, you'll have to look up Spinning Penguindrum) that has information from it.
Sep 3, 2011 10:41 PM

Feb 2010
wtf is all this talk about sex changing shouma
Sep 3, 2011 11:12 PM

Sep 2010

Oh hai, Celty. Stop robbin' people's diaries, k?

And no "SEIZON SENRYAKU" this time? Madness.
AngelicFecesSep 3, 2011 11:16 PM
Sep 4, 2011 4:57 PM
May 2011
Kaeyuki said:

Don't worry I do like Ringo, she's funny to me xD. But I have a strong strong feeling that she's going to change her ways in the next episode due to what she saw Shouma go though ( poor Shouma ;_; ) that was like one of the first times ever that I've been scared in an anime.

....and is it me or have they really been neglecting Himari as the main heroine in this show x-x? meh...well Its probably only about Ringo and Shouma for the time being right now.
ban1o.jpg
Sep 4, 2011 6:18 PM
Jul 2011
RyuKirin said:
Kaeyuki said:

Don't worry I do like Ringo, she's funny to me xD. But I have a strong strong feeling that she's going to change her ways in the next episode due to what she saw Shouma go though ( poor Shouma ;_; ) that was like one of the first times ever that I've been scared in an anime.

I think his bro is just going to walk in, say something stupid to ringo, she goes into a super depression and does something even more stupid, possibly tragic, because there is no way she will just make a 180 and become super non stalker girl :P unfortunetly. But i do like her char as well
Sep 4, 2011 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
Where might I find this Penguin Western Channel?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 5, 2011 1:45 PM

Apr 2011
RyuKirin said:
Kaeyuki said:

....and is it me or have they really been neglecting Himari as the main heroine in this show x-x? meh...well Its probably only about Ringo and Shouma for the time being right now.

Shouma is the narrator in the novels, so naturally he's going to be the main character.
If the novel is correct, next episode should be about Himari's trip to the library, so she'll get her spotlight back.
Sep 5, 2011 7:28 PM

Oct 2009
Oh my gawd.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2011 7:35 PM

Jun 2010
wheresthehandle said:
Where might I find this Penguin Western Channel?

My thoughts exactly. XD
Sep 6, 2011 4:02 AM

Apr 2009
lol celty!
Sep 6, 2011 7:47 AM

Aug 2008
"You're the craziest bitch I've ever met!"

Amen to that.
Sep 6, 2011 10:11 AM
Jul 2010
Ringo's suffering is kind of similar to Shouma's and his brother... Shouma and his brother are struggling to keep their sister alice, and Ringo is striving to keep her "family" alive.

http://rejectso.blogspot.com/2011/09/mawaru-penguin-drum-episode-08.html
Sep 6, 2011 10:47 AM
Nov 2008
This anime is simply amazing. That's all I'm going to say.
Sep 6, 2011 6:20 PM

Jan 2011
veatbreaker said:
lol celty!

Dammit Celty is doing a job for Izaya that involves the penguin drum xD
[center]
Sep 6, 2011 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
Why did the episode suddenly end.... ~__~

As for the motorcyclist, I believe it could either be Natsume, or more likely Kanba. Kanba did say he will take the diary by force...

Anyway, AWESOME EPISODE! Also, this is the first episode that Survival Strategy wasn't aired. O_O But the Himari boxing part kinda makes up for it. Lol
GigaSPXSep 6, 2011 8:45 PM
Sep 7, 2011 2:38 AM
Nov 2010
Wait. I'm the only one curious about what Ringo was implying when she say that thing about shouma's family relationship,and stopped hergrabbing her by the collar? what was that made him react like that?

Such interesting episode! Ringo showed one more time how crazy she is,really those creepy eyes xD ...and even so i still can't dislike her... i hope now she changes a little with what happened.

About Natsume,what does she want? i'm still unsure,is about Kanba,is about Ringo? can she be her sister? i don't know but they never showed Momoka's face,there has to be a reason,i bet she is not dead and will appear soon if she hasn't appear yet.

And lol i thought exacly the same about Celty!

--------> and sorry if my english is weird :3
Sep 7, 2011 3:14 AM

Sep 2007
Ringo is a very disgusting character! -_-
I was relieved when that diary was torn apart XD .. caan't wait to see what will happen next!!
<P ALIGN=Center>
Sep 7, 2011 3:29 AM
Jun 2008
where is my penguin for this week !! ><''
Sep 7, 2011 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
SkyHigh said:
Question what do you think about the Opening of the anime where you see Ringo turn into flames, I've been wondering what significance that holds...
Pirokinesis power given by the Penguins? Now that would be one Fantastic Four add on except it's a human torch female version. Well if she could fly and be like Human Torch then even Natsume can't do jack shit, well even normal Pirokinesis can burn those balls of hers.

The penguins providing superpowers actually would add up pretty nicely. The other person with the penguins has that slingshot thing and there's that entire mystery of what's going on with Kanba.

Though if we're going in that direction the fact that Shouma is unpowered would make it seem to me that each penguin-alien thing only gives one chosen person powers, and I do think that would be Kanba for the one that's possessing Himari. What I'd theorize then is that the penguin drum that Ringo has is actually another such being.

In line with the theory you list below on the death game between higher beings with humans as the pawns.

Yumekichi11 said:

SkyHigh said:
Oh and on the other subject about the Sex change thing which I’ve talked about as well, your idea about MOD's from Kampfer don't you think it's going a bit far,
No and don't you think you should think maybe based on the chicken with the eggs?
SkyHigh said:
I think that more than one Survival Strategy would be going too far, though gender bender may be fun if it brings a little more comedy, I just don't want to see the entire cast changed into girls lol.
I think it would be an amazing feature itself to see more survival Strategy but most of all other factions that are not Penguins.

I had this sudden idea that this show might be about Super High Beings being cute little furies like Penguins and wage war between themselves with the only human in it and able to see them are in fact those who are on their side, which does make sense since Ringo never saw any of those penguins,. Regardless it would be interesting to see if it goes in that way.

Interesting idea. The penguin motif does seem to be pretty hugely present with Ringo though and we don't know that every penguin-chosen individual can see eachother's penguins.

Some other possibilities are that her penguin alien thing hasn't actually awoken yet, which is why she's being influenced without the full blown visitations that Himari-penguin provides. Or that each penguin functions differently.

The penguin not being awake yet would actually do a lot to explain why Himari-penguin is fixated on this particular target and why she sends Shouma to take care of it despite his incompetence. She's assigned the weak brother to take care of a future opponent before it gets strong enough to defend itself while her chosen warrior goes and combats the penguin-god with the girl with the slingshot.
Sep 8, 2011 1:19 AM

Jun 2011
AHHHH! SERIOUSLY?!?!
shit was crazy,
i literally screamed at the end of the episode. xD

can anyone say best episode so far. and i hve plenty of faith that they're about to get better. lol @ that black penguin. he/she is so sqeezeable.

can't wait to see what happens today. (;
Sep 8, 2011 8:22 AM

Mar 2008
I'm fairly confident that Shouma will survive, because I believe that those three penguins, apart from other symbols, also represent the guardian angels. They always come to help the guys and protect them from different matters. For example, one of the reason why Shouma didn't fall asleep on ep.08, I think, is because #2 got affected and fell asleep for him. Same as #1 helped to Kanba in previous episode (was it ep05?) to get the penguin hat back.

Ah, there are actually so many thoughts in my head about this series, like theories etc that I really want to share and discuss with people, but unfortunately, don't have enough time IRL at the moment.
Sep 8, 2011 8:56 PM

Jun 2008
I guess Natsume's Project M has nothing to do with Apple-chan's (:3) Project M.
Sep 10, 2011 10:27 AM

May 2010
I thought it was Celty. Trololol

This ep is certainly great!! Ringo is getting crazier every ep. I wonder if she'll be the same after Shouma's accident.

We got some funny bits again with the penguins which are so lol-able!!xD
Sep 11, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
I really just started noticing this week that what Ringo and the brothers are doing really aren't much different. Sho vehemently asks Ringo to stop believing in the impossible, even though he's regularly seen it as of the first episode of this series. He's banging up against the brick of wall of logic and hypocrisy.

Sho and Kanba have to realize that what they're doing is just as unhealthy as what Ringo's doing. But again just like Ringo they're blinded by their suicidal devotion to
their sibling. I'm not saying the comparison is totally one to one, but they're are enough comparisons there.

Sep 12, 2011 8:13 AM

Feb 2009
Please do not imitate rapists ahah
Sep 17, 2011 1:06 AM

Oct 2010
Shoumaaaaa..... See, it ends up like that, boy. ;_; He makes me worry so much.
Oct 12, 2011 12:22 AM

Aug 2010
Woah, this episode
Nov 9, 2011 4:52 PM

Aug 2011
this show is amazing as always but this episode was crazy(in a good way) Ringo sure is something else. i wonder who took her half of her diary. poor Shouma he saved her but gets hit by the car what a good guy, even though shes been a jerk to him the whole time still like her though :P.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2011 9:23 PM

Feb 2009
So, I guess this episode was simply amazing.

It seems there's more to Ringo's character than what was previously thought huh?

And please Celty, go back to your Universe, your presence here is uncalled for!
Dec 21, 2011 11:45 PM

Feb 2010
Complete hate for Ringo.
NOO Shouma
Dec 28, 2011 9:18 AM

Sep 2011
Apple girl is a crazy ass bitch, I am not so sure what I feel about her anymore, How much I dislike her I mean(Crazy + bitch+rapist = bad). Seriously, she is too crazy for me to handle if I was Shouma. I mean she DRUGGED Shouma and Tabuki, and tried to rape him(As the other brother planned).

When Shouma was ran over, I felt Speechless, he's a great person for helping her out so much(I know he wants the But come on, going through all that trouble I mean)
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 30, 2011 4:55 AM

Dec 2011
I absolutely loved the Segio Leone inspired Western sequence. I've been enjoying all the intertextual references in the show so far, but seeing Once Upon a Time in the West used in this way was awesome.

FrankHowleyDec 30, 2011 4:59 AM
Jan 19, 2012 4:02 AM

Oct 2011
and so the darkness gathers - following unmei unfailingly despite real people's feelings can bring nothing but ruin - a form of totalitarianism/fascism - this anime is so amazingly moving - so much humor, beauty, sorrow - the darkness moves the story along and you want to see what happens, but at the same time, you wish it wouldn't and these people could just stay happy and alive...........genius!!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.