Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2011 4:05 PM
Jun 2009
rorinmaru said:
Will they start to remember again even though its a different world line?

yes
Aug 30, 2011 4:05 PM
Sep 2010
spohken said:
LOVED IT!

Oh god, that kiss reminded me a bit of Toradora.

Great way to end the episode with a little segway into the final conflict. Stopping WWIII? He's got this.

I had the exact same thought :P
Aug 30, 2011 4:07 PM
Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
BL2W said:
... Am I the only one who actually applauded when Okabe and Kurisu kissed? I mean, BEST EPISODE EVER; it deserves applause~!
You can say it that way but I was just mesmerized precisely because it was well done indeed and intense to say the least.

My applaude goes to this,

we have finally went above the 1% and I was totally jumpy. I was screaming out in happiness. This fan is happy that Mayuri was saved and is OK. Looks like the God of Saturn is happy, being featured a little again in that calendar gave away enough hints on that one.

Like everyone says the thing with Suzuha could be a original ending where I see Okabe either going into the future to finish off SERN or do something to cut them out in the present like invading their HQ. It's possible the last 2 episodes may outdo the VN if the action is EPIC.

Watch out VN people, you may get impressed.

its most likely gonna be the "true ending" since there is 2 episodes left. they kinda rushed episode 22 but meh i'll take my true ending :D
Aug 30, 2011 4:07 PM
Oct 2010
Oh Shit...Stop World war III... what?
So basically, it's like we're at the beginning now, but if alpha future was controlled by SERN, then beta's...what? and if Suzuha came from the future...someone succeeded on making the time machine~

Geez what and emotional episode...I admit, I cried all along T_T there I said it.

YurikoRaine said:
At first I cried.
Then... I cried some more.
Then I smiled when they kissed.
Then I cried... even more.
And more...
And more...
I seriously lost it when Okabe went nuts after he couldn't hear Kurisus confession.

Then, at the silent end... WWIII. I WTF'D LIKE NEVER BEFORE.

Same here T_T

I don't even want to wonder about what's next...though I'm kind of lost regarding this world line and I would like to be a little less...my question is...could things have changed in beta from what it was originally supposed to be...? (I think I need to re-watch the beginning and I just started this anime last week ...wooot?!!!)

Ok, I'm really confused, so I'll just wait dying inside/re-watching episodes/punching walls to pass time/getting to the hospital with hand's bones broken/ inventing the time machine to go to the future and watch next episode (...normal stuff) patiently for the next episode...meanwhile I'll be like "omg omg omg omg omg ~inf." I seriously dislike my fanatical attacks...but damn this anime got me. For good.

Ok, what if...as Tuturuu~ (srsly I forgot her name...ah...Mayuri!) remembers her deaths from alpha world line...then, if the other characters do too...maybe something changed! I don't know .-. It would be cool if there was a gamma world line :B (nah...at this point it would be kind of lame :x) Also, why the hell steins thingy that allows Okabe to remember everything also passed to other characters...I have been thinking about that since Ferris-nyan reversed her D-mail...anyway, maybe it's just like Kurisu said "insert whatever she said that sounded really beautiful about existence and world lines(...)"

Aug 30, 2011 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Like everyone says the thing with Suzuha could be a original ending where I see Okabe either going into the future to finish off SERN or do something to cut them out in the present like invading their HQ. It's possible the last 2 episodes may outdo the VN if the action is EPIC.

That's not going to happen, because it's confirmed that we will get the True Ending deom the VN.

and lol, people still thinks that this Suzuha is the alpha Suzuha.
People we have arrived in The Beta Worldline

She's not Alpha world line Suzuha

Rianri said:
Also, why the hell steins thingy that allows Okabe to remember everything also passed to other characters...I have been thinking about that since Ferris-nyan reversed her D-mail...anyway, maybe it's just like Kurisu said "insert whatever she said that sounded really beautiful about existence and world lines(...)"

It's been discussed that other character "remembering events" is not a Reading Steiner. because they basically have 2 parallel memories, while Okabe who has the reading Steiner only has one continuous memory. Basically they're experiencing some sort of De javu.
kaimaxAug 30, 2011 4:11 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 30, 2011 4:08 PM

Nov 2009
adonnTime said:
There is a small hint about the whole WW3 thing in episode 3. It was around the time when Okabe sends a text to John Titor.

Now that you mention it... I completely forgot. It's the first sentence.

Yumekichi11 said:

-Okabe x Makise seen bed.

-Makise only in underwear and Okabe in boxers.

-Movement of having sex but only in shadows or the face of Makise/Okabe being in heat. Not showing any nudity nor too much.

Oh god, you caused me thousands of nosebleeds xD.
Aug 30, 2011 4:13 PM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

That's not going to happen, because it's confirmed that we will get the True Ending deom the VN.
Confirmed but not impossible to change a few things in it to make it more EPIC like putting in action and stuff. That makes whether True Ending into an Original Ending. Perhaps it may be so to some.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 30, 2011 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
One of the most memorable kisses of the season.

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing the next set of events will occur similar to The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (if anyone has seen it). Okabe has to send Suzuha to kill Kurisu in order to set into motion the events of episode 1.

On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 30, 2011 4:15 PM

Sep 2010
I always wondered about that. Whether the people in other world lines go on living or if the universe literally revolves around Okabe and the only world lines that "exist" are the ones he's currently in.
I hope this stopping of WWIII in the last 2 episodes doesn't fuck anything up.
Aug 30, 2011 4:21 PM
Oct 2010
kaimax said:

Rianri said:
Also, why the hell steins thingy that allows Okabe to remember everything also passed to other characters...I have been thinking about that since Ferris-nyan reversed her D-mail...anyway, maybe it's just like Kurisu said "insert whatever she said that sounded really beautiful about existence and world lines(...)"

It's been discussed that other character "remembering events" is not a Reading Steiner. because they basically have 2 parallel memories, while Okabe who has the reading Steiner only has one continuous memory. Basically they're experiencing some sort of De javu.

Oh got it. But it certainly comes from some kind of influence from Okabe...

Aug 30, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2010
Who would want to see Kurisu's stick body nude?
<-This guy

On a serious note though, I'm sad that they had to go back to the beta line.
Aug 30, 2011 4:25 PM

Feb 2008
I am so surprised when I hear World War III in the ending.

I was indeed crying for Okabe x Kurisu

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 30, 2011 4:26 PM

Jan 2011
WW3?!?!?!!?

WE GOT THIS SHIT!!!!!

Evil Kurisu probably running Sern, all okabe needs to do is go to her, unlock her memories and use those pimp skills, BAM ww3 problem solved
Aug 30, 2011 4:31 PM

Dec 2009
Now that they confessed, I love this show even more !!

Epic sauce !

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Aug 30, 2011 4:40 PM

Jun 2011
Could it be that the Special is related to the real ending? (Google translated, sorry)
Aug 30, 2011 4:45 PM

Mar 2011
Intereo said:
Could it be that the Special is related to the real ending? (Google translated, sorry)

Do you mean Special Episode?
It'll probably be an adaptation of "Hiyoku Renri no Darling".
It's fan disc of VN, so...

Aug 30, 2011 4:53 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
arsonal said:

Epic earthquake timing :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 30, 2011 4:55 PM

Feb 2011
arsonal said:

I think this pretty much confirms that Boukan no Rebellion (and real life, assuming the 2000 John Titor was also Suzuha) takes place in beta world line, as well as confirming that crossing the "Ichi Parusento" did pretty much jack shit beyond saving Mayuri.
Aug 30, 2011 4:57 PM

Dec 2010
kaimax said:
Rianri said:

Actually, in the VN I'm pretty sure Okabe said that everyone had a form of Reading Steiner albeit not as strong as his. Don't remember exactly though but we can wait and see in the last episode (that's when he says something about it).

Regarding this episode, very nice. Loved the ending, especially when Okabe makes that declaration. Oh, but it seems there is still trouble in the beta world line. Its good to know we're getting the true ending.

I know many people will have their minds twisted yet again with the next two episodes.
RezurrektAug 30, 2011 5:02 PM

Aug 30, 2011 4:57 PM

Oct 2010
OH MY GOD THAT KISS!
so sad kurisu... im gonna be really bummed if she doesn't somehow comeback
Aug 30, 2011 5:04 PM

Feb 2011
DesolateOne said:

Actually, in the VN I believe Okabe stated that everyone must have some form of Reading Steiner. At least I remember him saying something like that.

That may be true, but only Okabe has the TRUE Reading Steiner. The Reading Steiner is a lot more evident when Okabe crosses major world lines (like alpha, beta, and gamma, etc.)
Aug 30, 2011 5:08 PM

Jan 2010
OMFG I love this episode, Kurisu <3 so much.
I was saddened about the ending... but then I'm so glad I left the ending and credit to go up, Then goosebumps enveloped my whole body, WWIII, that's a blessing and a disaster but YES!!!!
10/10
I love this anime
Aug 30, 2011 5:12 PM

Jun 2009
holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck so much happend its even to much to say
Aug 30, 2011 5:14 PM

Jul 2009
shadowtsunami said:
wakka9ca said:

How'd you get that lol. Is it a gif?

It's a gif from 2ch, so directly from when the episode aired in Japan, which you won't see in the Crunchy version.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 30, 2011 5:28 PM

Oct 2010
See? Beta isn't paradise after all nubcakes.
I fully expect two episodes of backtracking down to Omega now.
Aug 30, 2011 5:46 PM

Apr 2010
inb4Steins;Gateisactuallyaworldline.
Aug 30, 2011 5:49 PM

Oct 2010
arsonal said:
shadowtsunami said:
wakka9ca said:
How'd you get that lol. Is it a gif?
It's a gif from 2ch, so directly from when the episode aired in Japan, which you won't see in the Crunchy version.
On that note I am freaking genius! Avatar from the kissing scene!

There is more where that came from that I will edit this once I am done! Lots of GIFs being uploaded. I will make post in the club, linked here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=321425
done! Here goes my contribution to all Makise xOkabe fans! Have fun!
Yumekichi11Aug 30, 2011 5:57 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 30, 2011 6:10 PM
Jun 2008
Mayuri get no kiss ='(
Aug 30, 2011 6:11 PM
Jun 2011
8jandora8 said:
Is this where the VN is over?
Just asking cause someone said the WWIII stoppage wasn't in it.

this was in VN as well, done in the same fashion as the anime. after credit roll :)
Aug 30, 2011 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
i was waiting for a big cliffhanger glad i stuck around for the credits! Stop WWIII okabe- whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!
Aug 30, 2011 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
Darkness-man said:
I don't know why, but I saw that kiss coming.
And Fuuu!! Now is WWIII? D:

BTW, I hope that Okabe can find a way to save Makise D:

isnt she already dead in the beta world line?
Aug 30, 2011 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
epic as fack.
Aug 30, 2011 6:26 PM

Dec 2009
Go Okarin, save the world and Kurisu too.
Aug 30, 2011 6:29 PM

Jul 2010
WWIII? First time today that I checked if there's anything after the ending song for this anime.
Aug 30, 2011 6:32 PM

Jun 2010
Oh, what the hell, here's my guess...

I hope I'm wrong though, or I'd have spoiled myself...
SillabusAug 30, 2011 6:37 PM
Aug 30, 2011 6:38 PM

Nov 2010
Best episode of Steins;Gate, you can't refute that.
Also, the worst knowing Kurisu is going to die. :/
The skies cry on this day.
I also shed some tears. Powerful shit right there.
guantanamobayAug 30, 2011 6:44 PM
Aug 30, 2011 6:40 PM
Aug 2011
It's wierd. 21 episodes and 22 is the first time I decide to watch the ending song. Good thing I did!
Aug 30, 2011 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
lukas250 said:

youre nearly as crazy as okarin
Aug 30, 2011 6:45 PM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT. I got freaking nerd chills watching this episode
Aug 30, 2011 6:50 PM

Jul 2010
this episode is epic. :3
honestly I've felt slightly disappointed of anime episodes since ep13.
but this... this episode 22 is really attracting.
fake ending is also included with my favorite BGM GATE OF STEINER (Main theme).
VN players like me were also satisfied very much!

then I become like lol at MAL.
ep22 discussion is already at 8 pages...
lol, it's too fast...

can't wait next. she's gonna come back.
Suzuha the warrior.
kusushiAug 30, 2011 7:04 PM
Aug 30, 2011 6:55 PM
Jun 2008
kusushi said:

Suzuha the warrior.

freedom fighter vs warrior

Suzuha in beta is much more cool
Aug 30, 2011 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
I feel a movie coming up..
Aug 30, 2011 7:00 PM

Aug 2011
omg a movie would be great!

and oh ya suzuha commin back
Aug 30, 2011 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
Words can't describe this episode.. 5/5
Aug 30, 2011 7:02 PM
Apr 2010
Here's my speculation: We're going to be crossing the 2.0 threshold soon.
Aug 30, 2011 7:20 PM

May 2009
And I thought the last episode was heartbreaking...
Beautiful. Tragic. Wow. More please.
Aug 30, 2011 7:23 PM

Apr 2010
This series is ridiculously good. Haven't been eager to watch an anime in years. =)
Aug 30, 2011 7:40 PM

Jan 2009
Listening to the VN again (yay for quicksave!), after Okabe realizes that Kurisu is gone, I really wished they added Okabe's breaking down. Fuck, Miyano Mamoru did such an amazing job in that scene! Maybe the BD will have the scene extended?

But probably not.

kaimax said:

and lol, people still thinks that this Suzuha is the alpha Suzuha.
People we have arrived in The Beta Worldline

She's not Alpha world line Suzuha

This is why I try not to come in here after I said my piece XD Poor Suzuha...

Yumekichi11 said:

Yumekichi11 said:
Confirmed but not impossible to change a few things in it to make it more EPIC like putting in action and stuff. That makes whether True Ending into an Original Ending. Perhaps it may be so to some.

No thanks. Okabe is a Mado Scientisto, not an action hero XD

arsonal said:

Thank-you!!!

shiromegami said:
lukas250 said:

youre nearly as crazy as okarin

LadyOrihimeAug 30, 2011 7:51 PM
Aug 30, 2011 7:40 PM

Aug 2009
This episode made me cry like crazy Q_Q especially the last bit where Kurisu comes back to say she loves him too, I kinda resent Mayuri now, Kurisu x Okabe pairing seems alot more reasonable and also I never really liked airhead typse chars. Also if anyone didn't catch the post about Obake's first kiss, it was with Moeka he was pretending to do her =/

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 30, 2011 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
kusushi said:

Suzuha the warrior.

freedom fighter vs warrior

Suzuha in beta is much more cool

She's Older too.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.