Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 15, 2012 6:18 PM

Oct 2010
razisgosu said:
The thing I've never understood is why has Negima never gone the manga route? We've had two separate series and a number of OVAs. The OVAs are the only things that have any semblance to the manga.

The original school festival and magic world arcs could have been amazing animated, yet they left the major fights and arcs to OVAs. Both anime series had anime original endings which made very little sense.

On topic: The movie was... meh. I was actually expecting one person to be selected not "the entire class" what a bullshit cop out.

Ken Akamatsu said that Negima may be revived one day, and that the current manga ending is just another alternative, or something like that. I hope that when he is ready to really tackle Negima again and give it a proper ending, that Shaft will also produce a proper animated series for it too. I don't care if it's OAV, season series, movies, or a combination. Just a beginning to end coherent series!! They could even keep the OAVs they have now, as they're pretty good except for the WTF-is-happening factor that is included if you've only seen the anime. Some expansion would be nice too.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 25, 2012 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
wondering if anyone knows what the song is that plays during the scenes where negi and asuna fight the lifemaker?
Aug 26, 2012 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
I love Negima but... the ending for both the manga, and the anime final were not that good. I just hope one day we'll get a real adaptation of the manga because I need! to see the Mahora Budokai, and Negi vs Jack Rakan fully animated lol.

Overall movie rating: 6/10
NJZanDatsuAug 26, 2012 10:46 PM
Sep 16, 2012 4:29 AM

Dec 2009
I thought it was going to be really bad. But compared to the Manga ending this was actually much more preferable. Or at least this timeline is a bit better than the original one lawlz.
Dec 23, 2012 9:50 AM

Feb 2012
NJZanDatsu said:
I need! to see the Mahora Budokai, and Negi vs Jack Rakan fully animated lol.

Yes, please! My favourite parts of the manga! :D

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 30, 2012 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
Just finished the movie.

Few thoughts:

• So, it takes place directly after the original seasons huh?
  • Artwork still looks like Negima?!
  • Nice to see most of the characters return
  • The final duels looks like lame, not realistic.
  • Kaede's clone technique was kinda fun to watch
  • A revisit of the confessions towards Negi around 30 minute mark of the movie

Lol'd @ this blushing scene:

Also, lol'd @ that pool scene.

The whole "destroy the barrier" and powering up scene was cliched and lame. In fact, this movie is lame imo. I will give it a score of 5/10. Honestly, I expected much more but oh well, I'll just go with the manga next time.

That song at the end was pleasant to hear though. The fuck @ the ending. I feel trolled.
Sep 14, 2013 2:23 PM
Apr 2013
What...
The...
Fuck...
Was...
That...?
I was expecting a movie animating the final Arc of the Manga, basically a finaly to Mo Hitotsu No Sekai...
But instead, we get this... This...
This stupid inaccurate, filler bullshit with a cop out ending...
If i wanted to watch something stupid that didnt follow what happened in the manga...
I'd have fucking watched Negima!, Negima!?, or any of those other bullshit Negima! "Anime's" other than the amazing OVA's...
Not just that...
But the ENTIRE CLASS FORMED OFFICIAL PACTIOS?!
What a fucking Cop-Out ending!
You couldnt just have him say, "I choose you, Ku-Fei"
NO!
Plus this stupid ending plot thing with the barrier was short, dull, and stupid, and didnt even make sense! It was just to show the fanservice by making them all naked during the Pactio process...
And some of the girls DIDN'T EVEN HAVE PACTIOS WITH NEGI!
Eva never had a pactio, Mana had one with some other guy but lost it when he died, Zazie never formed one, etc...
I HATE THIS STUPID MOVIE SO DAMN MUCH!!!!
I would be perfectly happy if this was never made... It contributes to nothing but adding another title to the list of Animated Negima! Adaptions that a REAL FAN, as to say, one of the Manga, should NEVER watch, for fear of a fucking Anirism...
You screwed up again, Akamatsu...
Your Manga is still my favorite, but you really suck when it comes to making decent Anime adaptions...
Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba
and
Mo Hitotsu No Sekai
Were Diamonds in the ruff, no, they were diamonds in the steaming pile of shit thats every other Adaption of Negima! Other than the original Negima! Magister Negi Magi Manga...
Because i'm pretending Negima! Neo doesnt even exist!
So my rating for this stupid, disappointing movie, is 0/50 ⭐s!
If your a real Negima! Manga fan...
Dont EVER watch this...
On a seperate note, the UQ Holder! Manga is quite good so far and i have high hopes for it!
IXI_JAM3S_IXISep 14, 2013 2:52 PM
How great would it be if Ken Akamatsu & Tite Kubo became friends and decided to release a Bleach-Negima! Cross-over?
Sep 15, 2013 3:15 PM
Jan 2013
This movie was so bad. Felt so fillerish and no antagonist in the movie. It felt like that they were totally trolling showing us at the beginning on the arcs that were actually interesting. I think I still prefer this ending vs. the manga though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2014 1:23 AM

Mar 2009
I was so disappointed by this movie. I expected some follow up after the other OVA but no this was a total random new ending plot unrelated to the story.
No wait. First few minutes were good with the final clash of Negi and Fate but rest was horrible.

I'm glad this was not the last Negima I watched. Thank the Gods I watched Yue OVA after the "final" Movie.

I still have high hopes for a good anime based on whole Negima manga or at least the skipped magic world parts. Would be great if it was made as some sort of UQ Holder pre-anime release.

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that after the awesome intro and final battle with Negi and Fate everyone were forced into Cosmo Entelecheia and this whole movie is just a dream (nightmare for us). I hope it's true and that one day we will see how awesome Jack Rakan is (his power lvl might be too much for anime to handle).
Jul 23, 2014 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
For an anime watcher for this series, it's totally WTFs going on at the beginning.
I guess I watched it for the fights and fanservices.
Sep 29, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2009
I have no idea what are those fights at the beginning.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2016 10:27 AM

May 2012
Well that was pretty decent, not exactly how I pictured this "ending" if you can even call it that, but in general it wasn't too bad.

All in all a pretty decent movie!
Jun 18, 2016 12:39 PM
May 2013
I still have 20 chapters left of manga , Idk what I expected from this , it was so bad...
I wished they adapted Magic Mundus arc or a least the condensed 5 minutes .

The harem thing is the thing I hate best in Negima .This was almost as bad as "Negima?!" and that was really bad .

I hope manga will make up for this and be enjoyable.
Jun 19, 2016 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
It felt more like a long special than a movie when you compare it to the 4 Part Magic World Arc. I like that one better than this movie. However, it was still fun to watch through and through to the end. Still wished we could've gotten that Negima Anime to do the Manga Justice.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jul 22, 2016 12:27 AM
Jan 2013
What the... I was so hoping to enjoy this movie.

But what I just watched was one of the most frustrating things I've ever seen in my life. So much that didn't make a single bit of sense!! ARGH. I could probably write an essay on how annoying this was. So damn bad, what was even the point in making this??? Why didn't they just use the money instead to continue adapting parts of the manga?

I'm so glad I only got into Negima now, and so I at least have UQ Holder to look forward to next on my list.

And I'm also extremely pleased to see that Akamatsu didn't have any hand in this turd of a movie, and that he admitted he maybe should have been more involved - that's as close as he can probably come to saying that he's just as disappointed in it. XD
Apr 5, 2017 5:35 PM

Mar 2008
ASUNA <3

Aww, Nodoka :'( I felt for her in that moment in the library. But the conversation between her and Yue later on made me happy. :)

Ku Fei was cool.

Mana should get her own spin-off show.

I liked how honest Ayaka was with Asuna. Asuna, Ayaka, Setsuna, and Konoka are definitely my favorite group out of them all so it's always nice when they get screen time together.

Even though this is an alternate ending to the manga, how cool would it be to get a show about the girls' high school experiences!? I won't hold my breath, but if that ever gets made, I hope it has a similar feel to Mahou Sensei Negima and isn't far too comedic or cute or chibi-ized lol. Something serious and amusing would be great.

Oct 8, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
The idea that everyone had to forget about him made very little sense to start with and the solution was about as boring as you could get. Chao returning also made little sense.

The lack of explanation with why Mars also started moving 30 years early was also really annoying.

Meh movie.
Oct 26, 2017 8:40 PM

Nov 2014
Mahou Sensei Negima: The Movie was what it clearly set out to be—fun! Negi Springfield, a mage and sensei, has to choose one girl from his thirty girl harem to form a contract with. This contract has the cruel side effect of erasing the memories of those with whom he doesn't choose.

The action and spectacle were outstanding, a roller coaster flying on the tracks of Shaft's gorgeous animation. You get the sense that this movie wasn't meant to be taken with total seriousness. Nonetheless, some underwhelming story developments will—understandably—disappoint the more dedicated fans of this franchise, and the no-fucks-given fanservice will inevitably offend others.

Enjoyment: 5/5
Rating: 7/10

Side note: This is my 500th completed anime. ^_^
Dec 18, 2017 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
it's not that good, if we compared to manga route. I still think manga route are the true route, even though it dissapoint me a little bit because he didn't choose anyone.

last day battle seems forced, and I don't get why Kaede stronger than Mana. Mana should have easily beaten Kaede with her demon form.

the ending they choose to merge mars and earth also seems absurd to me.
fusing two planets with magic because "it's possible if if you're magister magi".
does any of those magical people doesn't have a magister magi title?
I thought magister magi is a title where the mage in training get after passing the test.

despite all of that, I still enjoyed the fighting scene and finally I can see each of their "adeat" transformation.
Apr 3, 2018 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
So they skipped the battles we were looking forward to after watching the OVAs and returned to some SoL stuff? C'mon, you can't do this to me after letting me watch those nice animated fights with those bad magical guys... Overall I can see where the disappointment for this movie comes from.
Apr 5, 2022 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
It's so unfortunate all the best parts from the magical world arc was skipped! There was at least a cool fight scene, but overall, I didn't like the story. 6/10

The ED sounds nice.
Jun 28, 2022 2:40 AM

Jan 2020
If nothing else, I really enjoyed the past few OVA, and I've added the manga to my plan to read list. I haven't necessarily heard anything good about this movie, and it has an overall lower score than the OVAs, but we'll see what happens.

Well, that's one way to open a movie, I guess? I kind of feel like they could've added a few extra minutes onto this film to animate a little more of the battle with grey haired boi. They had only spent all of the OVAs building up to it after all. In the end I never got to see any of the dark magic either eh?

Not sure what the point of dragging out this "everyone will lose their memories" thing. In the span of following the girls all night, we've basically learned that numerous characters aren't even going to lose their memories. I will be fairly surprised if anyone loses them at all.

So, after having to only pick one he comes to the conclusion to pick everybody. And then the universe is just like, "Well, alright. No one said you couldn't do that." I thought he had to pick one. Feels a lot like a copout if you ask me. ಠ_ಠ

Having them go one-by-one and shout attacks was already a bit of drag, so by the time we got to the end and they went through and showed all the students I felt like I wanted to just drop this. Like, that was such an unnecessarily drawn out scene. I'm so glad it's over, and it's no surprise that Negi is their teacher indefinitely. They do have contracts for life after all.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.