Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2011 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, it's here!
2e16nig.png
Aug 31, 2011 2:25 AM

Jun 2010
*Starts watching thread and waits for flood influx of responses when it gets subbed
Sep 1, 2011 10:17 AM

Dec 2009
Can't wait to watch this. But I'm hearing some things about this...
Sep 20, 2011 4:52 AM
Sep 2010
Currently still waiting too. If there is any fan sub group that translate it, please tell me . Thanks~
Nov 19, 2011 5:45 AM
Nov 2011
When i'm going to be able to watch this movie? O.o Someone have download link? PLease
Nov 26, 2011 10:15 AM

Jul 2009
The DVDs aren't out yet. They will sub this when the Blu-ray/DVD is released
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Nov 28, 2011 11:24 PM

Feb 2011
When the DVD/Blu-Ray will be released??
Dec 19, 2011 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
yea.... when will it be released? S:
Jan 15, 2012 7:46 PM

Mar 2010
My guess is that it'll be released only around the third quarter of 2012, for the subbed version of it... Sad :(
I don't care what people might say but TouHou is simply AWESOME
Feb 5, 2012 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
MagicFlier said:
yea.... when will it be released? S:

Next week (February 17). I sure you'll be able to find a subbed version by the end of next week or the following week depending on who subs it.
Anata wa kyou de Mayuyu oshi! - "Team B Oshi" from Team B 5th Stage "Theater no megami"
Feb 8, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
i need it now....how come hayateś movie was out first in dvd when they aired et the same time...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Feb 16, 2012 5:58 AM

Oct 2010
T_T I WANT A REMAKE !!! MOVIE WAS AMAZING, BUT I NEED MORE! MAHORA FESTIVAL!!
blackstar44Jan 31, 2016 12:14 PM
Feb 16, 2012 7:14 AM
Sep 2009
blackstar44 said:
T_T I WANT A REMAKE !!! MOVIE WAS AMAZING, BUT I NEED MORE! MAHORA FESTIVAL!!
RAW MOVIE : PART 1 http://up.b9dm.com/lz/34747.html
PART 2 http://up.b9dm.com/lz/34748.html

My body will never be ready, even if SHAFT did supposedly goof.
Feb 19, 2012 5:16 AM

Sep 2008
I thought it was alright, I wasn't too impressed but not too disappointed either. After all, I did get to see what I wanted (someone near the end showed up). It wasn't subbed so I could barely understand anything
Feb 20, 2012 8:44 AM

Sep 2008
I also liked this part

Feb 20, 2012 11:20 PM

Oct 2009
Huft... is there any subbed version for this anime?

I want to watch this anime so bad!!! >,<

Feb 22, 2012 1:04 PM

Oct 2008
It was barely an end... and the "real"plot was kind of dull... It was just some good scenes for the fandom without any good plot.
Feb 22, 2012 7:51 PM

Dec 2007
What is this I don't even... None of it made sense. lol

To all manga readers. DO NOT WATCH! >_>
Feb 22, 2012 9:33 PM

Sep 2009
It felt pretty average. I laughed a bit, but I’m not sure if that was the intended reaction. Not quite similar to the manga because it is a divergence route.
Feb 22, 2012 9:35 PM

Jan 2008
Alternate ending movie.
Feb 22, 2012 9:58 PM

Jul 2011
I liked it but of course they had to have him choose all of the girls so no one would feel left out. *sigh*
Feb 23, 2012 12:43 AM

Nov 2007
I cant believe that out of the two endings, the manga version is the going to be the better one....thats saying something.
Feb 23, 2012 2:51 AM

Sep 2007
Was not that bad.
Feb 23, 2012 3:26 AM

Jan 2010
They skipped the good battle parts ><
Feb 23, 2012 4:21 AM

May 2011
It was okay, not too good but not bad either.
Feb 23, 2012 6:04 AM

Feb 2010
I'm quite dissapointed.

They butchered the really well written manga-ending (at least as far as i read it. i'm still missing 2-3 chapters for ovious reasons) for the sake of simply going Deus Ex Machina.
Feb 23, 2012 9:18 AM

Oct 2009
Hm.. why they skipped good battle! @,@

it was good battle though..

Is this? really end of Mahou Sensei Negima?

We know there is "Anime Final" title for this movie.. but is this really "end"?

Because Manga stil publishing though..

I hope there will be another story when they are high school students..

Feb 23, 2012 10:04 AM

Nov 2008
I wanna rage quit.. LOL!

Im a big fan of Ken's work and his Mahou Sensei Manga since the release but this Movie just made me feel disappointed, even thought the climax/ending were good.

Overall I still enjoyed it.
Feb 23, 2012 11:12 AM

Apr 2008
Shit hits the fan in the manga with 3 chapters left.

But this ending was pretty much the definition of "happy ending".

Nothing new here. (Needed moar battles)
Feb 23, 2012 11:33 AM

Oct 2007
Misel_chan said:

Because Manga stil publishing though..

I hope there will be another story when they are high school students..

It ending with chapter 355 is definite. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=398077

Movie was disappointing, crappy fan-service and the 3D animation at the end was just horrible.
^_^ ^_^
Feb 23, 2012 2:49 PM

Dec 2010
I thought the movie was OK, since it was a final movie it fulfilled its purpose, but I didn't really like they way they did it.

One of the thing that bothered me the most was that it all ended too plain.. It was predictable. I didn't like how Negi chose all girls. I mean more than half of the movie was about him making a decission in which he had to choose only one girl.
I know that it would most likely be Asuna if he had to choose someone, but I'd rather see that than him choosing them all, isn't that just anticlimactic?

It doesn't really make any sense that those that weren't Negi's partners would lose their memories. It's supposed to only affect his partners, right? And even among them it wasn't really clear. Chachamaru for example, should've already known about magic with Evangeline as her master, why would she lose her memories? Yue should've already lost much of her memories and gotten many new as she studied in Ariadne as a mage knight.

Overall the ending was far too smooth, Chao's coming didn't make any sense either.

Well with that out of the way, hopefully the manga ending is more satisfying ~
Feb 23, 2012 3:36 PM
Feb 2012
Yeah, the movie seemed rushed - they cut 20 minutes of it so I guess it can't be helped =.=
I actually would have preferred if Negi chose one girl - not his whole class.... Then again the manga ending would probably do that. After reading the recent chapters and watching the class prez made me tear up... she's such a nice girl ;_;

Agreed- Yue should have lost her memories, she recently just got it back in the manga so it doesn't make sense. Doesn't make sense that Chao was able to come back because the time machine only works every 30 years or something (I read this in the manga forums that there's a specific time to use it).

Instead of doing an 'ending' I wished they actually animated the battle between Fate and Negi instead just doing manga sequences. On the other hand both the anime final and manga seems to rush the fact that Nagi is the LM.
Feb 23, 2012 3:42 PM

Dec 2009
Didn't like this much, I actually found myself skipping some parts 'cause it was a little boring.

6/10
Feb 23, 2012 4:07 PM

Apr 2009
What a piece of crap. Let's animate the most boring parts of the whole show and completely skip the DBZ level fight scenes. Negima could've been the best shonen of all time but it is one of the worst. How do you screw up that badly. I'm so furious right now.
Feb 23, 2012 7:59 PM

Oct 2009
Ya.. i know manga will ended in chapter 355

But i really hope akamatsu ken-sensei will make another story about High school..

Feb 24, 2012 1:22 AM

Dec 2010
I can understand why i heard so many bad things about this before i watched it.... what did i just watch? They skipped practically everything and then ended it like that?! i mean seriously the two that preceded this were actually fairly accurate with the manga and well done.. so what the heck happened with the final? The movie started by skipping all the good fights and animating all the boring scenes and then just went down hill from there, its sad really that both the manga ending and this ending...

game8910 said:
I cant believe that out of the two endings, the manga version is the going to be the better one....thats saying something.

Thats the sad truth ain't it
Feb 24, 2012 1:50 AM
May 2010
what a piece of crap,,

give me back my 84 minutes,,
Feb 24, 2012 2:03 AM
Jul 2011
I guess it was cute to hear all the girls' voices???? What was the point of this movie? It served absolutely no purpose besides being a childish attempt of making money. I don't even begin to understand the thought process of the people who made this. At least do a decent job if you're gonna do something? The story was a huge mess. Sigh.... Oh well I guess we all go back to waiting for the last 3 chapters and pray for a manga sequel
Feb 24, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2008
jcdizon416 said:
I also liked this part

I muted half of it

This movie didn't really made sense. Especially the "you have to chose one partner" to end with the whole class and Chao coming back because he made a pactio with everyone (???)
Feb 24, 2012 1:49 PM
Dec 2008
This was such a waste of time. By the end, I was only watching to see who Negi was gonna pick, and even that was thrown out the window.

game8910 said:

Couldn't have said it better.
Feb 24, 2012 7:46 PM

Mar 2008
The thing I've never understood is why has Negima never gone the manga route? We've had two separate series and a number of OVAs. The OVAs are the only things that have any semblance to the manga.

The original school festival and magic world arcs could have been amazing animated, yet they left the major fights and arcs to OVAs. Both anime series had anime original endings which made very little sense.

On topic: The movie was... meh. I was actually expecting one person to be selected not "the entire class" what a bullshit cop out.
Feb 25, 2012 5:22 AM

Jul 2007
so bad in so many ways
Feb 26, 2012 12:03 PM

Apr 2008
So, yeah, I agree with all the comments that there was too little action and the fanservice was lame and so on, but... what really bothered me is it didn't make any sense!

Why would they lose their memories? Where did this come from? All of them? Several don't have pactios and another 10 or so are just magical on their own. Mana and Zazie are demons, Konoka has magical lineage, Yue graduated from a magical academy, Konoka still has artifacts, and so on. The Yue one especially bothers me, since it would have been so cruel to her academy friends. Why is just having a pactio what matters?

The ending was rather more painful, though, and I don't mean the group pactio. Granted, that was a mess, since feeding them all magic would be draining rather than bolstering his own power, and it's just weird that there was a spell for this, but that was at least expected. The fusion plan is the big issue. What was that barrier? Why was it there? What happened during the time it was removed before fusion? And more importantly, what in the world was that fusion spell? Why did it need the planets themselves? Where did he get the power to move Mars at absurd speeds? What happened in the fusion? Where did all the political ramifications of fusing the worlds go? Was everyone brainwashed? Where did the planet itself go?

If this movie actually made sense to someone else, please let me know.
Feb 26, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
Konoka wasn't going to lose her memories, cause she had a pactio with other person besides Negi. The same goes for Natsumi, Setsuna, and Misora. And i suppose Eva won't, cause she's Eva.
The one that bothers me the most was Chachamaru. She's a robot that work with magic. How was she going to forget that? xD
Feb 26, 2012 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
Alpharon said:
Konoka wasn't going to lose her memories, cause she had a pactio with other person besides Negi. The same goes for Natsumi, Setsuna, and Misora. And i suppose Eva won't, cause she's Eva.
The one that bothers me the most was Chachamaru. She's a robot that work with magic. How was she going to forget that? xD

Yes, I get that those ones weren't going to lose their memories anyway, but having a pactio with someone else shouldn't be the reason. I'm sure plenty of people live in the magical world without pactios.

And yes, Chachamaru was another weird one. Not even likely whatever method they have would work on her. It also ignores all the general ramifications of a memory altering spell. They're taking out a huge period for a bunch of people here. What about pictures, writing, and any other records or outside interactions? It's a pretty ridiculous undertaking.
Mar 2, 2012 3:35 PM

Jul 2008

This movie and the last 3 chapter of the manga never existed.
Mar 4, 2012 5:07 AM
Nov 2011
"I can take this movie and whipe my ass with it,then throw that stinky paper in director's mouth.Fuck you Director,I expected Vanilla Pudding but you gave me Shitila Pudding.Fuck you,fags!
Mar 5, 2012 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
The movie was very disappointing indeed, a true harem ending for the anime series. I was hoping that Negi actually would pick one of the girls, but to no avail. Looks like its up to the manga to give the series a proper ending in these last few chapters (although there's still many unanswered questions left). I, like many others, expect Akamatsu to pull a Love Hina-like ending for the manga, which I, personally, would prefer than this "make everyone happy by forming a pactio with everyone instead of choosing the girl that Negi really likes".

Apr 16, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
This is probably going to be my only time I agree with anyone on the comment forums in here saying that they give it a low rating, because I totally agree. If Ken Akamatsu was the person who thought that dividng the story into separate OVAs dividing the chapters up and leaving gaps in between all the way through to the finalle was a good idea then that was an awful idea. People want anime seasons not teasers. I loved it back when it was "Mahou Senset Negima!" and Negima SHAFT version anime, but when when the OVAs came out I was like...wtf... I'm totally lost now..this isn't really worth my time anymore...

I'm not really blaming Mr. Akamatsu entirely, since Negima is all around a great story. but the way it was transistioned AFTER Negima Shaft version was terrible. From what I read on the posts, I'd rather have a "everyone is happy" moment instead of select one person, because visual novel harems ALWAYS have that layout and I'm tired of it. Just glad Negima is different in that case.

I just want my episodes back. I never even read the manga either..probably will though.
ShigeyamaApr 16, 2012 9:50 PM
Jul 15, 2012 6:07 PM

Oct 2010
So, finally watched this. I kinda feel like it was just an excuse for some eye candy transformations and a couple fights. But at least it managed to surpass the manga ending...it win's the cop-out category by a wide margin. Seriously,

And the worst part is that between the OAV's and this movie, all of the best parts of the Magical World arch are skipped. And we're even teased at the beginning with clips of the end of that arch... it's like saying "Here's what the movie could have been! Now here is an alternate ending full of pandering and harem dilemma."

Sigh. at least it was good eye candy. And another good thing to come out of this:

Negi-kun
Negi-kun
Negi-kun
Negi-bouzo
Negi-kun
Negi-kun
Negi-kun
Negi-kun
Negi-bouzo
Negi-kun......
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.