Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2011 10:43 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
viMALMay 30, 2019 2:35 PM
Aug 29, 2011 11:35 AM
Apr 2011
Oh Akari, I still think of you as the main character.
Aug 29, 2011 11:54 AM

Aug 2011
Onii said:
Oh Akari, I still think of you as the main character.

Lol, she really does lack presence!! XD
Aug 29, 2011 12:02 PM

Nov 2008
Poor Akari, having spirits capturing her and leaving her to a silent yangire student council president well her mouth moves but the teacher speaks for her since nothing comes out of her mouth. The rest of the cast need to stop treating Akari like chopped liver.

Aug 29, 2011 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
So we got to meet the famous president who lacks even more presence then Akari.
Since they didn't even notice her during the beach episode even tho she was the one making sure that Sakurako and Himawari didn't hurt each other.
It was nice seeing her for ones.

Akari appearing as a ghost was nice no wonder she didn't get scared when Kyouko was talking about ghosts.
Aug 29, 2011 12:47 PM

Dec 2010
I laughed hard when Chinatsu thanked Akarin for falling behind.

It is also really cool to see a somewhat mute girl. I've been looking for them for a while.
Aug 29, 2011 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
There should totally be more Himawari & Sakurako :p
Aug 29, 2011 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Meh, this is the first episode I didn't think was that funny at all, other than some small bits. It was all over the place and the timeline is indeed pretty screwed up. Hope it picks up next week!

Aug 29, 2011 3:58 PM

Jun 2010
I knew she was the president. If you go back to the beach episode, you actually see her there and actually take a watermelon that they sliced up. Poor Akarin. She only had line two lines in the beginning and that wasn't even her, something like her spirit.

Aug 29, 2011 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
Even Akari's ghost is lame as hell, treated poorly and almost non-existent.

Being her is agonizing. Still love ya Akarin.
Aug 29, 2011 5:53 PM

Jul 2010
Now i start feeling sorry for Akarin. i think she should try to increase her presence just like she's trying to say something in the end of first episode. now even her friends make jokes at her for whatever she say. :(

Yeah. need more Sakurako and Himawari. the best couple in this series and more time for Ayano and Kyoko together.

I would love to see if Chinatsu replace Akari and become no-presence character in last two episode. Also where is Akane Onee-sama? can't wait to hear Horie Yui voice.

I didn't like president character much. she should've talked a little bit. i wonder how she become student council president.
Aug 29, 2011 6:36 PM

Dec 2009
I feel sad for Akarin. :C

Anyways, the episode was alright, had some funny moments.
Aug 29, 2011 6:53 PM

Oct 2010
The first half of the episode despite being weak in directing was amazing because it had full of Kyouko goodness, which for a fan can mean a difference, like me. In fact I liked seeing lots of Kyouko. It was in fact the second part that made all the difference in this being amazing for an episode that started weak at first.

Matsumoto Rise is rather very quiet and in fact I could not hear her speak even at max volume except with the part of the launch pad a little. What really keeps bugging is her in the following,

Now does she and Nishigaki have some kind sexual relationship? As in yuri itself? Because she also blushes in the spoiler
on immediately being touched by Nishigaki.

On the other hand Nishigaki in the following,

Has her own charms of hair color/eye color combination. However she looks damn lustful in the spoiler
her with Rise is hot indeed. But the problem I have with her is that she blow up the room here and there, which is really crazy. On top of that she tests drugs on Rise? WTF man! Rise could die if the wrong drug it too much for her body. She does not look like she has a strong physical complex but frail IMO. The only reason I will accept that drug shit is if Rise is dying, which I doubt. There is also the cute Rise putting her finger on Ayano's lips here. More later.

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
let me tell you that Nishigaki along with Nishigaki x Rise and Kyouko herself are all very nice. Love seeing them.
Yumekichi11Aug 30, 2011 5:02 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 29, 2011 7:36 PM
Aug 2011
I agree with Geezer, since I'm keeping up with Nichijou, too, and yuru yuri is just not as funny. I've loved all eps thus far, but this one was just.... okay :/. I actually had to force myself to laugh sometimes just so that I won't feel like I'm wasting my time watching this Dx!

BUT OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP! KYOKO X AYANO FTW *A*! *A*! *A*!

I hope himawari and sakurako get more screen time, too.

There wasn't that much yuri this ep... well, not from the yuri pairings I approve of, anyway.... Chinatsu x Yui doesn't cut it for me ¬¬. And nishigaky x rise is alright....

Oh, rise putting her index finger on top of ayano's lips was sexy, though :P! Watch out, Kyoko, or Ayano will be taken from ya!

LOL POOR AKARI! I hav eto admit, though, the lack of presence joke never gets old (not to me anyway).

I think the only moment I genuinely laughed this ep was when the gang let akari fall behind as a sacrifice XD XD XD!

Sigh.... now I have to wait another week for the next ep -.-
Aug 29, 2011 8:23 PM

Jul 2010
Oh Akari-chan, don't you worry. Despite your lack of screentime/lines lately, you're A-OK to me.

Really now Nishigaki-sensi, having Rise test your drugs?? Jesus...
Aug 29, 2011 8:37 PM

Aug 2010
I felt creeped out at the end.
Aug 29, 2011 11:19 PM

Oct 2010
chibola said:
I think the only moment I genuinely laughed this ep was when the gang let akari fall behind as a sacrifice XD XD XD!
That was not Akari but a ghost taking her form for some strange reason. I assume this is a gag revolving around that Akari is so invisible that spirits can see her and took her appearance. Thus she gets even less screen time because it's not really her, just an imitation.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 29, 2011 11:33 PM

Feb 2011
taro_sado said:

It is also really cool to see a somewhat mute girl. I've been looking for them for a while.

I don't think the student council president is supposed to be mute, she just talks really, really, really quietly so that pretty much no one can hear her. She did make a noise or two, but even those were quiet.

She actually seems to be a less boke Akari, having little presence and not even talking loud enough to be noticed. She's just not the brunt of all the jokes like Akari is.

She's cute though. :D
Aug 30, 2011 2:41 AM
Jun 2008
Character:student council Matsumoto Rise
VA:Gotou Saori
Role: ....

Moeka doesn't really talk much also lol

manabilt said:
taro_sado said:

I don't think the student council president is supposed to be mute, she just talks really, really, really quietly so that pretty much no one can hear her. She did make a noise or two, but even those were quiet.
oh dear, its worse than Saito proffesor from T&B..... I can't hear it even when I max the volume lol

I bet that science teacher know lip reading ....

Rolf ,I thought the world line changed when Akarin say that she did not join them
( lol funny grammar mistake I made )
MorningGloryAug 30, 2011 10:01 AM
Aug 30, 2011 9:56 AM

Jul 2010
MorningGlory said:
Rolf ,I thought the world line changed when they Akarin say she they not join them.

lol. you're watching too much steins;gate or other time travel shows. xD
Aug 30, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2009
I knew Kyouko had a bit 'original' way of thinking but her idea of the ultimate super power takes the price^^

Talk about a useless underpowered ability xD
Aug 30, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
Loving Nishigaki too much right now xD
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Aug 30, 2011 11:35 AM

Mar 2011
Love it! There's so much little silly aspects that I can hardly think of any specific jokes but I've got this huge grin on my face!

Plus, OP and ED are as catchy as ever!
Aug 30, 2011 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
It seems the president was speaking by really small voice. So, if you listen to it with headphone on detonating sound, you can see what she said. Though I didn't try.

When I was watching this episode again, I laughed at the scene Akari, who is maybe a doppelganger, said "I wouldn't want to be immortal. Even if I don't die, my family and friends would die off."
Oh, you...
Aug 30, 2011 8:10 PM
Aug 2011
does anybody here think that akari's doppelganger in this episode might be her big sister??since she's obsessed with her and all
Aug 30, 2011 9:42 PM
Aug 2011
Cesanne17 said:
does anybody here think that akari's doppelganger in this episode might be her big sister??since she's obsessed with her and all

IDK... her big sister is taller... I don't think she can make herself that small..... then again, anime doesn't have to stick to the confines of reality... just look at nichijou ¬¬

lol
Aug 31, 2011 12:49 AM

Mar 2010
Omg, I was laughing so much it was hard to breathe when 'Akari' fell down and everyone's liek, "Okee, thanx for the save bitch, ttyl, brb/" X'DD
Poor thing, lmao, this is the second episode where she got like 2 minutes of screen time!xD
Loooving the president and the science teacher btw, they're so darn cute!! I love their, 'forbidden' relationship thing~
The president is just too adorable, she kinda reminds me of Ai from Hell Girl~ Bothe her character design and her lack of dialog~x3
Lmao, I wanna go watch the beach episode again and find her!!x'D
Can't wait for the next vacation!xD So soon...Lol

Aug 31, 2011 12:55 PM

Sep 2010
This show being a 12-episode show is never gonna be good, since they've already mixed the chapters up many things are too much left open. Maybe I should continue reading the manga, because, even though it's actually great, this anime does not complete the experience.
I can only think of the Akari clone being her sister.
Sep 1, 2011 8:36 AM

Feb 2011
The student council pres. has appeared!!
dang when will they feature Akari's sister >_<
Sep 2, 2011 11:12 AM
Aug 2011
YUP! I KNEW IT!

Someone's already started uploading Akari's botched intros xD !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mEvlkbww_s&feature=related

Darn, they beat me to it Dx!
Sep 3, 2011 9:18 PM

Jun 2008
Meh....Boring episode IMO...

All the cliches that they do is starting to get annoying and very repetitive....oh well, there's only 3 episode left.

I swear if we don't see Akari's sister this anime will become a HUGE LETDOWN....It's looking like a solid 6/10 from my point of view.
Sep 4, 2011 4:52 PM

Sep 2008
I absolutely love the president! <3
It's probably the fact that she has little emotional expression and never talks; I just want to put her on a shelf.

The ghost stuff was pretty great though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2011 6:02 AM

Aug 2010
While it had a few good moments, this episode wasn't as strong as some of the previous ones. 4/5.
Sep 8, 2011 5:17 AM

Jun 2010
I can't believe Chinatsu is scared of ghosts!
Himawari and Sakurako staring each other down with the crackling energy will never get old for me.
I want to know what's up with the Pres' and the Explosions Sensei. It's a little creepy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2011 5:46 PM

Feb 2011
Nishigaki-sensei officially confirmed for best character in the show. I always love a good MADO SAIENTISUTO
Sep 9, 2011 7:45 PM

Jul 2009
Lol Yui in pigtails XD Who'da thunk that Akari was actually a ... ghost?! :P WTF was Kyouko's "superpower"?! LOL O_O
Mad scientist! XD Rise is OK - she looks pretty cool but ... the no talking? Uhm ... OK, I guess >_< WHAT KIND OF EXPERIMENTS ARE THEY DOING?! LOL ;P I wonder how the teacher knows what she's saying though ...
Lol so she's been there all this time?! Lol XD
Hmm, so second year field trip :O I guess there won't be much of Chinatsu or Akari then haha XD
Sep 10, 2011 11:14 AM

Dec 2006
The sensei & Matsumoto's part was kinda boring for me D:!!!

*0* I hope next chapter has lots of ayanoXkyouko <3~
Jan 13, 2012 3:37 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, I thought. I quite liked the mad scientist teacher and you can indeed tell that Matsumoto is actually saying something....it's just really low and hard to hear. Was I the only one to see the humor in that? I thought that scene was hilarious.

Also, I like how the series continues to find new ways to make fun of Akari's lack of presence
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 21, 2012 3:23 PM

Mar 2009
Matsumoto has no presence.
Jul 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was kind of boring, but the ending was pretty cool though.
Jul 21, 2012 12:03 AM

Jul 2011
geezer said:

- How can a "mute" girl become student council president...(and why does she need a seiyuu :P)

Well your not alone. I'm still thinking about why does she need a seiyuu? Oh yeah, she's not mute cause she has a voice.. ^^ You can tell since their still a very small voice coming out of her..
Aug 7, 2012 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
A sort of introduction to the president of the student council.
As always, it was a lot of fun to watch.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 7, 2012 2:38 PM

Apr 2010
Well I looked up the beach episode right now and realized that we see some scenes through the president's eyes, such as where the girls are burning sticks and stuff and competing with it. Also, there is a mystery character who keeps giving Chinatsu tissues. Also, there were 9 slices of watermelon even though there were 8 girls and every slice was taken.

And this episode was weird... Everything in this anime up to now were explainable even though silly and now there are supernatural events out of nowhere.
Nov 16, 2012 8:59 PM

Sep 2011
It should be illegal for Yui to tie her hair like that. Way too cute.
Nov 28, 2012 4:41 AM

May 2012
Nice introduction of two new characters whom are quite interesting :p But lol dafuq was that ending? Funny but on the other side disturbing o_O
Dec 9, 2012 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
Clever ending is clever :D
Mar 25, 2013 2:14 PM
Jan 2012
Funny episode, I wonder if the president is really mute.

And Chinatsu still annoys me.
Apr 7, 2013 6:48 PM
Jul 2012
ok episode.
annoying voice and boing second half.
Ha these ghost stories are funny.
Bahaha Akari is clumsy.
3/5
Jun 17, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2012
that moment when akari is not really with kyouto, yui, and chinatsu :O
pretty scary lol XD

is that girl so that scary btw? XD
btw how is the teacher know what that girl talk? -_-
Aug 3, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2010
Omg. Akari-chan as a ghost? That made me laugh xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 15, 2011

99 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.