Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Apr 2012
wonder if ghost will stay around n the 2 new characters
Dec 27, 2013 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
The rest of the cast need to stop treating Akari like chopped liver.

Agreed.

Ice cream is very good.
Mar 28, 2014 12:34 AM

Nov 2012
I need to know who was the Akari who was at the club.
Jun 10, 2014 10:38 PM

Nov 2013
screambloodygore said:
Well I looked up the beach episode right now and realized that we see some scenes through the president's eyes, such as where the girls are burning sticks and stuff and competing with it. Also, there is a mystery character who keeps giving Chinatsu tissues. Also, there were 9 slices of watermelon even though there were 8 girls and every slice was taken.

I noticed these as well, mainly the watermelon scene. That answers the most important question of the series -- who took the last piece of watermelon!
~
Aug 23, 2014 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Lmfaooo the ending xDDDd
She lacks presence even as a ghost! :D
Nov 11, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2014
Decent ep. I wondered who was the one to take the last watermelon slice in episode 4, I guess it was Matsumoto then. Her and Nishigaki are nice characters.
Dec 19, 2014 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

At some point in the narrative, I was laughing out loud, too funny Professor has his jokes! XD
Pleasant narration in the central part, also nice in the beginning, but the designs were not very beautiful as quality.
Cute and funny character Rise.
Mar 26, 2015 6:47 PM
Nov 2014
Pretty meh episode imo.

great ending tho, poor Akari.
Apr 28, 2015 11:49 PM

May 2014
The two new characters are awesome! The seito kaichou is soooo kawaii! And the sensei is awesome ;D As always I'm loving this show to bits.

Aaaah that summer cicada sound. Such a nostalgic sound to here in summer anime episodes =) Can't wait to hear that for real one day!
May 29, 2015 5:50 AM

Jun 2014
Poor Akari and the ghost Akari. 2 new additions to the characters, I'm fond of the silent student council.

Feb 22, 2016 3:07 PM
Feb 2016
I don't know what's more surprising.
The student council president having a voice actor?
or...
The student council president in general?
Mar 31, 2016 3:12 AM

Aug 2009
-Quasar said:
Even Akari's ghost is lame as hell, treated poorly and almost non-existent.

Being her is agonizing. Still love ya Akarin.

she is like the pizza's crust and everyone else are toppings

sure the crust is plain and nothing of interest, but it will get overwhelming if it's just all toppings and no crust

i would like a student council prez to go, thanks
Jun 23, 2016 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
Lmao Akari ghost. O.O

I want to try rum raisin. ( ._.)
Oct 6, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
Funny episode, but not one of the best
Jan 5, 2017 9:36 PM

Sep 2013
I found myself losing interest in this episode pretty early on. I kept having to hit rewind because I'd realize I hadn't been paying attention for the last 5 minutes or so. Dunno if I was just tired or what, but I didn't really get into this one.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 6, 2017 8:52 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kyouko refusing to answer if she believes in Santa lol

The teacher lol
Tells the group she's an explosion friend xD

And Akari being left behind xD

Jun 19, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2014
Chinatsu, you lucky bastard! I want to rest on Yui's lap while she wears twintails, too! >///////<
Chinatsu gets scared easily, even hough she's the scariest herself. The irony.
The eyecatches were nice and the second part was ok. We finally got to officially see the council president. That mad scientist teacher, though. lol
Akarin was scary at the end! Looks like she's got a ghost clone or something. D: xD
Nov 28, 2017 6:24 AM

Jun 2016
What a spooky episode! Hahaha.

Jeez. During their talk in their club room, I was looking for Akarin the whole time and she's not talking, but yeah she's there. Haha. Dang this show is so hidoi towards her.

HOLY SHIT. Finally, we met the Student Council President and she talks, but not exactly. Hahaha. I wonder what kind of experiment she went through through that science teacher of theirs. Hahaha. They thought she's a ghost. Lmfao. That science teacher/inventor/scientist is apparently loves experimenting, but always ended up exploding her experiments. Goshdarnit.

I'm wheezing. Matsumoto-san's been with them after all this time (like the beach episode) and she's there. Hahahaha. What the fuck. Is she our second Akarin? Hahahaha.

What kind of experiment you've been doing with Matsumoto, Nishigaki-sensei? What the fuck. Dirty thoughts are invading my mind. Hahahaha.

And in the end, Akarin spent the entire day with Sakurako and Himawari helping their teacher and she's not with them, so Chinatsu, Kyoko, and Yuri's been spending their time with Akarin's doppelganger. Byeeeee! Lmfao. What the fuck what the fuck.

Yet again, another hilarious episode. Ohmygod. I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 2, 2018 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Although the chat in the club among the protagonists is fun, the most comic part (due to its absurdity) is when Matsumoto and Nishigaki's character come into play. Pleasant episode, although Akari always knows mistreated. Start with Akari always nice.
Dec 14, 2018 9:20 PM

Feb 2017
Chinatsu thinks fathers are scary? That just confirms my building fan theory that she was molested at a very young age by her dad. It would explain why she makes such frightening art and drawings (subconscious release of stored trauma), why she has so many dirty and sexual thoughts (imprinted as normal after the abuse), why she didn't think it was wrong to rape Akari (learned behavior), and why she favours female-female relationships (scarred by her male abuser). It all makes sense now.
Jan 7, 2019 6:23 PM

May 2013
Those rare moments where Kyouko says something nice for once lol. Like at the end X)
Jun 8, 2021 8:16 PM

Jun 2020
The title call was spooky even Akarin said it was, Summer ghost stories it seems unusual to start in the summer

Who was that girl in the student council room they got scared by he, Well it was the president all along and a teacher came by she seems dangerous, She really is dangerous with her love for explosions, So this president lacks presence compared to Akari who also doesn't get much screen time

Wait the Akari that they were within the club room was a ghost that isn't right.
Apr 30, 2022 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
Yui's cold legs are a perfect pillow on a hot day. What a cute Chitose x Yui scene. :3

They thought Rise was a ghost. Well, she looked a little spooky in that scene.

It's pretty fun how Chinatsu is scared of ghosts after all those scary drawings she made, lol.

Also, I'm amazed how Nana can hear what Rise says. They are a very peculiar duo, hehe.

That ending was hilarious. Poor Akari lacks presence even as a ghost.

SerafosMar 28, 3:22 AM
Nov 27, 2022 9:46 PM

Sep 2017
Episode highlight:

Kyoko is a shite as always, taking icecream without permission even when ayano says no.

Can't believe everyone is mean to Akari this episode including yui.

Poor ghost akari too.

Also i dont like the teacher using student council room as explosion testing site

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 15, 2023 12:02 PM

Aug 2019
that was quite hilarious :D
and so it must have been the president who helped with the nose bleeds in the beach ep

the president is very cute

HiljainenSipuliFeb 15, 2023 1:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2023 8:46 AM

Nov 2023
Well gdahhdam this was quite a meh of an episode, #2
Jan 1, 8:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The scenes with Sensei and Matsumoto were much more enjoyable then the first half with the scary shennigans. Is it because of age gap??? MAYBE!

I also realized that the lie Chitose said about the president blowing up was foreshadowed earlier. HA.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 15, 2011

99 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.