Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 27, 2011 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
Seeker said:
Beyonder said:
kokocho said:

On page 10 what was Ultear doing exactly? And what was with Meredy's expression? Am I forgetting/missing something..?

Looks like she used her time arc to restore the big tree back to normal. And I guess meredy would be shocked and feels betrayed to see that she helped their enemies.

No, Zancrow told Meredy that it was Ultear who destroyed Meredy's home.

Oh so that's what it was. It seems really obvious now. XD I'd also forgotten about Zancrow telling Meredy. Thanks guys. :)
Aug 27, 2011 8:15 PM

May 2011
Firstly, I take back some of the shit I talked about Mashima. Laxus Dreyar! He finally got up and punched the shit out of that ugly washed up whiskered Hades. Even without magic in Laxus's body, he is a BEAST.

Ultear has earned my respect... and love interest ;)

Glad everyone worked together to take him down, even insignificant people like Happy/Charle made a difference. Too bad gajeel wasn't there, but oh well, I still had fun.

also, Wendy's attempt at Dragon's wing FTW
Aug 28, 2011 3:43 AM

Jun 2009
good thing that hades had already been defeated.. and i really don't get why ultear get the tenrou tree back??
Aug 29, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2010
The difference between a cliche ending an a completely disappointing ending is this. Did they even show the heart?
Aug 29, 2011 2:10 AM

Jun 2009
A little editing will turn this to a plotless chapter but with great effect.. it was very quick but comprehend-able
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 29, 2011 3:25 AM

Jun 2008
kevin_video said:
Wow. They pulled that win right out of their @$$. .

That's the Fairy Tail manga for you.
I came to wish that Mashima would follow Fai's crazy theories instead of giving us this shit. Those theories that now never came true would have actually been more fun that this this clishe bullshit. It seems am going to be lowering Fairy Tail's score even more.
I can write a better story on a toilet paper while am in the toilet.
Aug 29, 2011 4:59 AM

Jul 2010
Goku kicked ass , i mean Natsu lol.
Aug 29, 2011 9:07 AM

Apr 2009
horrible.

i have nothing more to say.
Aug 29, 2011 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
At least they had an explanation for Hades losing all his magic but how on earth did Fairy Tail get theirs back O_o
Aug 29, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
So we are at the point where all the FF6 heroes finally managed to beat up what looks like the main badguy. However I doubt this is the end of this arc. If Mashima continues to go along with the FF6 plotline, this is the moment where something incredibly awfully wrong happens.
sallym613 said:
*Sigh*
Still hoping for Fai's theories to come true. Or at least something unexpected to happen next chapter with Zeref ;A; I sincerely really hope the arc doesnt end with this.

This is following the FF6 scenario quite closely so far:
Main characters through terrible odds reah and beat what looks like the main badguy

To be exact, FF6 went like this:
Heavy Spoilers for Final Fantasy 6

AhenshihaelAug 29, 2011 2:22 PM
Aug 29, 2011 3:12 PM

Apr 2009
^good theory.
i really hope it won't end like this >_<
Aug 29, 2011 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
So we are at the point where all the FF6 heroes finally managed to beat up what looks like the main badguy. However I doubt this is the end of this arc. If Mashima continues to go along with the FF6 plotline, this is the moment where something incredibly awfully wrong happens.
sallym613 said:
*Sigh*
Still hoping for Fai's theories to come true. Or at least something unexpected to happen next chapter with Zeref ;A; I sincerely really hope the arc doesnt end with this.

Main characters through terrible odds reah and beat what looks like the main badguy

I still hope you're right. Though if I didn't come across your interesting theories, I probably wouldn't have (got so excited and) put so much expectation on Mashima to pull something crazy and epic.

*Sigh* Seriously though...If Mashima doesn't do anything like that (or equal to the epicness of your theorized scenario) and ends this arc on a anticlimactic happy note, I'm going to cry (in my little corner) and lose most (if not all) of my hope on FT ._____.

Makes me wonder though. Does Mashima play FF?
Aug 29, 2011 8:40 PM

Jul 2007
sallym613 said:
Fai said:
sallym613 said:
*Sigh*

I still hope you're right. Though if I didn't come across your interesting theories, I probably wouldn't have (got so excited and) put so much expectation on Mashima to pull something crazy and epic.

*Sigh* Seriously though...If Mashima doesn't do anything like that (or equal to the epicness of your theorized scenario) and ends this arc on a anticlimactic happy note, I'm going to cry (in my little corner) and lose most (if not all) of my hope on FT ._____.

Makes me wonder though. Does Mashima play FF?

He does. He is an avid gamer and most of his comments on the bottom of the chapter are about him buying some new game. He did play most of FF games and both Rave and FT are riddled with FF references - Rave's main character Haru being specifically based upon Cloud Strife, including the weapon abilities, the "Fairy Tail" combo of the previous chapter being step by step homage to the cutscene in FF7, then we have Lyon's Helmet being based upon Cecil's Helmet and so on.

Speculations aside - this arc is far from ended:
- We still have Charlie's vision to come into play.
- We still Have Lucy's narration to come into play.
- We still have that shoreline scene included after second ominous narration by Lucy.
AhenshihaelAug 29, 2011 8:50 PM
Aug 29, 2011 9:38 PM

Mar 2010
too..much...sweetness! :/
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Aug 30, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
GAAAAAY! Im droppin this shit faster than Rexona dropped Tiger Woods ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

>>How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to change a lightbulb??
Ive got no idea, but it'd take at least 20 episodes!
Aug 31, 2011 5:52 AM

Mar 2011
Yup! Hades was a magical Lich.

Punch bad guy in face, cheer, everythingwentbetterthanexpected.

Hmmm...I wanna see Lily go mental with his new sword, oooh mama!

Other than that, yeah, Fairy tail is a fairy tail does.
Aug 31, 2011 7:55 AM

Jun 2008
srsly? I'm too old for this sh!t >:
Aug 31, 2011 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
He does. He is an avid gamer and most of his comments on the bottom of the chapter are about him buying some new game. He did play most of FF games and both Rave and FT are riddled with FF references - Rave's main character Haru being specifically based upon Cloud Strife, including the weapon abilities, the "Fairy Tail" combo of the previous chapter being step by step homage to the cutscene in FF7, then we have Lyon's Helmet being based upon Cecil's Helmet and so on.

- We still have that shoreline scene included after second ominous narration by Lucy.

I don't really play FF but I do know some stuff about the stories and such in the games. But anyways, those are quite interesting references you pointed out. (Though I wonder how Mashima has time to play video games when he's also busy with drawing out manga oO)

Funny how this didn't occur to me until you pointed that out. But now I definitely see the similarity b/w those two scenes. Good observation.

I initially thought Charle's vision was already fulfilled (when Lucy got knocked out (?) by Cana in the middle of the arc) and I thought that would be Lucy's hand ^^; But I'm apparently (totally) wrong about this.
I guess if Mashima wanted the readers to know whose hand corresponds to the one in Charle's vision, then he probably would have at least Charle be there to witness the scene to indicate that that vision/prophecy has been fulfilled.

Anyways, I guess I'll put a little more hope in Mashima in knowing what he's doing with at least this arc.
Aug 31, 2011 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
sallym613 said:
Fai said:

I don't really play FF but I do know some stuff about the stories and such in the games. But anyways, those are quite interesting references you pointed out. (Though I wonder how Mashima has time to play video games when he's also busy with drawing out manga oO)

Funny how this didn't occur to me until you pointed that out. But now I definitely see the similarity b/w those two scenes. Good observation.

I initially thought Charle's vision was already fulfilled (when Lucy got knocked out (?) by Cana in the middle of the arc) and I thought that would be Lucy's hand ^^; But I'm apparently (totally) wrong about this.
I guess if Mashima wanted the readers to know whose hand corresponds to the one in Charle's vision, then he probably would have at least Charle be there to witness the scene to indicate that that vision/prophecy has been fulfilled.

Anyways, I guess I'll put a little more hope in Mashima in knowing what he's doing with at least this arc.

That was not just a hand in vision.

Vision was: Natsu crying in anguish. Hand on the ground. Cana crying in anguish. Zeref being present in the scene, saying something.

Neither of those have happened yet.

AS for references, there are a whole lot more of them. The very basic plot idea of FT is bassically same as FF6(back in the past, there was very old magic stuff, it ended the world multiple times, now its gone and bad people are trying to use it for their personal gain yet again)

Then we have Celestial Spirits that are practically FF6 version of Espers, complete with a personal separate world they exist in.

Then we have very obvious character connections to FF6 Characters:
Locke - Natsu
Terra - Lucy
Locke's past love = Lisanna
Shadow = Mystogan.
Celes =Erza
And so on.
Sep 1, 2011 11:25 AM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
That was not just a hand in vision.

Vision was: Natsu crying in anguish. Hand on the ground. Cana crying in anguish. Zeref being present in the scene, saying something.

Neither of those have happened yet.

AS for references, there are a whole lot more of them. The very basic plot idea of FT is bassically same as FF6(back in the past, there was very old magic stuff, it ended the world multiple times, now its gone and bad people are trying to use it for their personal gain yet again)

Then we have Celestial Spirits that are practically FF6 version of Espers, complete with a personal separate world they exist in.

Then we have very obvious character connections to FF6 Characters:
Locke - Natsu
Terra - Lucy
Locke's past love = Lisanna
Shadow = Mystogan.
Celes =Erza
And so on.

Oh yeah. How did I forget those other parts of the vision? *mental facepalm to myself*

Though I do remember people making "speculations" about how the vision of Natsu crying was fulfilled when Natsu was tested by Gildartz..and broke down in fear and crying. That's what I thought too but now I don't know anymore oO; All I know for certain is that the Zeref part hasn't been fulfilled yet.

Do you think all of those scenes in the vision will happen at the same time and place...or at consecutive times and setting?

And so basically, everything in FT is based on FF6 (and little bits of FF7) then? And you speculate that FT's plot will follow (almost) exactly as the one in FF6? Hmm..wouldn't that make the story (the future chapters too) too predictable and not interesting for those who played FF6? =/
Sep 1, 2011 6:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
SoFarGone said:
What a bunch of BS I just read.

THIS.
This ending is so bad, I nearly puked (although this might be related to the 2 lt vodka I had this night...). How can you even read FT without being drunk?!

Edit:
What? Three people actually voted "loved it"? Oh man, no wonder everybody hates on the MAL community....

This arc hasn't ended since "it" didn't happen.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 1, 2011 7:27 PM

Jun 2011
Hmmm...it was alright...good by fairy tail standards
Sep 6, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2013
They did it, Hades is down!
Dec 17, 2017 10:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They did it!!! amazing!!!
Apr 5, 9:44 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
this shit is so hype

even if writing-wise FT isn’t perfect, it’s super enjoyable and epic

great arc.
Apr 5, 9:46 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Reply to Nidhoeggr
SoFarGone said:
What a bunch of BS I just read.

THIS.
This ending is so bad, I nearly puked (although this might be related to the 2 lt vodka I had this night...). How can you even read FT without being drunk?!

Edit:
What? Three people actually voted "loved it"? Oh man, no wonder everybody hates on the MAL community....
@Nidhoeggr i voted loved it 😏 super enjoyable
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 318 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Azokrad - Feb 7, 2013

100 by aoo-kun »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanic - Nov 30, 2012

82 by aoo-kun »»
May 16, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 306 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Nov 1, 2012

111 by aoo-kun »»
May 16, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 302 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Oct 4, 2012

105 by aoo-kun »»
May 15, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 298 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Azokrad - Sep 7, 2012

242 by aoo-kun »»
May 13, 3:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.