Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 27, 2011 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
Saya is another syaoran (sakura's memory) who forgot her memory who gave the dog watanuki her memory as price to make wish come true!

And it seems like Watanuki's expanding his service as a dog! lol

The teacher is kind of suspicious...

And seems like the anime is a journey for Saya to remember her past?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2011 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
tsubasalover said:

And seems like the anime is a journey for Saya to remember her past?

...Unless they made the anime an excuse for Watanuki & Yuuko to meet again. It will be funny.
Aug 27, 2011 5:58 PM

Jul 2011
elizAbun said:
Lazurin said:
DrHouse said:
KuroLion said:
and for the people comparing it to blood+... STOP.. they said a long time ago that it was going to be a blood CLAMP original.
Fixed that for you. But, thank you, I know that that's what you meant to say. I too am tired of people associating this kische, fan fiction-tier writing with the Blood franchise. This stain firmly belongs on Clamp's record.
Lazurin said:
Blood+ is not the original Blood. It's just a spinoff by a person who made Blood:TLV their own, the same way Clamp is doing.

I'm tired of people going "Blood+ is the original, waaah, rage, Blood-C is a cheap knockoff." NO! Blood+ is a cheap knockoff, too. =_=
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. It should be pretty obvious to anyone who watched Blood+ and the TLV movie/manga that Blood+ was a remake of TLV with the intention to give TLV a more fleshed-out plot.

Blood+ is an adaption, not a remake. If you say it is a remake, give me definite proof, not conjecture. I look up my information before saying it.
Also, I watched pieces of Blood+ and saw both the animated and live action film. Blood+ does not seem like a remake at all. They hardly allude to Blood:TLV, and not only is it not a remake, it's in a completely different universe.

For people saying Blood+ hardly had any connection to BTLV please just read the post i made a few days ago ._. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=319079
it has more of a connection than this anime...

One of Saya K's flashbacks...

So, basically everyone's complaining because they didn't make a carbon copy. A girl named Saya who wields a katana and fights monsters that eats human in a sailor suit. Sounds like the entire premise of the Blood franchise to me!

Why don't you guys try waiting until it ends, and watch the film, then criticize. I seem to remember that everybody hated Blood+ when it came out, too.
Aug 27, 2011 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
Lazurin said:
A girl named Saya who wields a katana and fights monsters that eats human in a sailor suit. Sounds like the entire premise of the Blood franchise to me, because I've only seen the TLV movie and Blood-C!
FTFY. And that's exactly the problem.
Aug 27, 2011 6:26 PM

May 2008
Huh...well, I wasn't sure who I was rooting for at this point with Saya. I sort of like the idea of Fumito but he's like much older..and Tokizane's sort of..well, I like him. And now that he saw her there's gonna be shit happening.

Aug 27, 2011 6:30 PM

Jul 2011
DrHouse said:
Lazurin said:
A girl named Saya who wields a katana and fights monsters that eats human in a sailor suit. Sounds like the entire premise of the Blood franchise to me, because I've only seen the TLV movie and Blood-C!

Hunh? I've seen Blood+
._.
Aug 27, 2011 6:39 PM

Jun 2009
Lazurin said:
DrHouse said:
Lazurin said:

Hunh? I've seen Blood+
._.
Lazurin said:
Also, I watched pieces of Blood+
Watching pieces of it doesn't count if you haven't watched enough to see that it has more in common with TLV than just the main character's name and human-eating monsters.
Aug 27, 2011 7:12 PM

Jul 2011
DrHouse said:
Lazurin said:
DrHouse said:
Lazurin said:

Hunh? I've seen Blood+
._.
Lazurin said:
Watching pieces of it doesn't count if you haven't watched enough to see that it has more in common with TLV than just the main character's name and human-eating monsters.

Premise of the franchise. I know there's more to Blood:TLV and Blood+ than that. Each series has it's own additions, but that's the one thing they all have in common which is why Blood-C is still a part of the franchise.
Aug 27, 2011 7:38 PM
Aug 2011
Lazurin said:
DrHouse said:
Lazurin said:
DrHouse said:
Lazurin said:

Hunh? I've seen Blood+
._.
Lazurin said:

Premise of the franchise. I know there's more to Blood:TLV and Blood+ than that. Each series has it's own additions, but that's the one thing they all have in common which is why Blood-C is still a part of the franchise.

Not exactly. The concept is supposed to be about a girl named Saya Otonashi (it is revealed the BTLV's manga that Otonashi is her given last name and it's used in Blood+ also) who travels from place to place disguised as a school girl to hunt Chiropterans. She travels with the red shield, a secret organization devoted to saving the world from them. What are Chiropterans? Chiropterans are creatures who are based off bats which makes sense since this is a series about vampires. They also suck blood and eat humans.
With two series following the same concept, one would expect the next series to be similar. But no. Clamp decided to make up a totally different concept. The only thing similar is her first name, the fact that she fights monsters with a sword and probably those flashbacks.
BTLV and Blood+ have more similarities, especially if you count BTLV's manga. Of course there are differences between the two but if you add BTLV + it's manga(minus it's explicitness) and add a plot, character development, a background story and some romance, you will probably end up with something similar to Blood+.
Aug 27, 2011 8:18 PM

Jul 2011
elizAbun said:
Lazurin said:

Not exactly. The concept is supposed to be about a girl named Saya Otonashi (it is revealed the BTLV's manga that Otonashi is her given last name and it's used in Blood+ also) who travels from place to place disguised as a school girl to hunt Chiropterans. She travels with the red shield, a secret organization devoted to saving the world from them. What are Chiropterans? Chiropterans are creatures who are based off bats which makes sense since this is a series about vampires. They also suck blood and eat humans.
With two series following the same concept, one would expect the next series to be similar. But no. Clamp decided to make up a totally different concept. The only thing similar is her first name, the fact that she fights monsters with a sword and probably those flashbacks.
BTLV and Blood+ have more similarities, especially if you count BTLV's manga. Of course there are differences between the two but if you add BTLV + it's manga(minus it's explicitness) and add a plot, character development, a background story and some romance, you will probably end up with something similar to Blood+.

I bolded a couple parts.

I understand what you guys are saying, and it still seems like the source of the hatred/dislike/annoyance towards Blood-C is because it isn't exactly like Blood+ and Blood:TLV. Because it's Blood-Clamp, they technically are allowed to do something different with the franchise as long as they keep that much intact.

The Blood+ spinoff, and the subsequent spinoff manga from Blood:TLV chose to closely (as you say) follow the original Blood:TLV, however it doesn't change the fact that they are spinoff. They had the creative license to do something different, but chose not to. Why should Blood-C be criticized because they tried to do something different in the Blood franchise?

I can understand being criticized for sucky/slow plot, bad storytelling, or bad character design, but not because it tried not to be a carbon copy.
Aug 27, 2011 9:11 PM
Aug 2011
It doesn't have to be a copy it just has to relate to Blood Franchise. What's the point of putting it there if it doesnt follow the concept?
Aug 27, 2011 10:06 PM

Sep 2010
I can understand being criticized for sucky/slow plot, bad storytelling, or bad character design, but not because it tried not to be a carbon copy.

Nobody signs up to watch carbon copies of Blood the Last Vampire because fans already know any series within the franchise will be somewhat of a spinoff and not direct sequels to the movie or novels. Blood-C is not being criticized purely for being different. CLAMP could have slapped another name on the anime, changed Saya's name, and this particular story would still have the problems it has.

Aug 27, 2011 10:09 PM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

Nobody signs up to watch carbon copies of Blood the Last Vampire because fans already know any series within the franchise will be somewhat of a spinoff and not direct sequels to the movie or novels. Blood-C is not being criticized purely for being different. CLAMP could have slapped another name on the anime, changed Saya's name, and this particular story would still have the problems it has.

That's basically what I meant. The show is still the show, it could suck no matter what the name is. I just get tired of the "What is this? It's not like Blood+/there are no chiropterans. I'm dropping it." talk. :|
Aug 27, 2011 10:41 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly, I kinda disagree to the CLAMP's concept about cross-overing BLOOD with their other series... It'll ruin the BLOOD image...
I love CLAMP graphic though...
but I need more bloody and gory fight instead of confusing storyline and cross-over...
Aug 28, 2011 3:34 AM

Jan 2009
GarLogan78 said:
Ugh...Why is Saya special to Tokizane? They are just classmates. There has been no development for them to be that close.

STM said:
These were pretty much my thoughts. First Tokizane completely avoided Saya because she was an annoying numbnut, and now he's suddenly all over her. CLAMP, you'd better give us a clear explanation about this.

StellaNoxFleuret said:
And I have to agree about Tokizane. They were never close friends and he was avoiding her, yet randomly, he becomes so close to her. If they were childhood friends like Syaoran & Sakura, it would have been reasonable but that pairing is just random.

Tokizane was always sneaking glances at her. How is that avoiding her? He's obviously a loner. Saya sees this and approaches him, and he suddenly has this courage to reach out and almost touch her bandaged cheek episode 2? LOL! No way was he avoiding her out of dislike.

Avoiding her to "save" her, maybe. Like how Lelouch acted around Shirley after he geass-ed her, and erased her memories of him. Oh, and Clamp had a hand in "Code Geass", didn't they? XD Not as much as they do with Blood-C, of course.
Aug 28, 2011 4:07 AM
Jul 2011
Yes Tokizane has a very deep interest in Saya since the first episode and he aparently knows something (he didnt freak out after seeing saya covered in blood like the other humans) the fact that he doesnt help saya in the fights is either because he is forbidden to help her by someone or helping her would show is true identity something that he is hiding(to save Saya) or in a more messed way like saya he doesnt remember anything about his past self. But hell he could also be a simpleton without any powers and just a crush for Saya either way is possible and the title of the next episode Within the world could mean anything .
dominus12Aug 28, 2011 4:28 AM
Aug 28, 2011 6:26 AM

Mar 2010
Sanguis said:
So...The talking dog is the Yuuko Ichihara of this world...? CLAMP must love doing all this "every wish has a price" thing.

Lmao, I was thinking this too! But I hardly think we'll receive a crossover here, which I am honestly quite thankful for!~___~;;
tsubasalover said:
Saya is another syaoran (sakura's memory) who forgot her memory who gave the dog watanuki her memory as price to make wish come true!

Laughing my ass off, I love this so hard!xDD
Watanuki is the cat/dog, expanding his horizons~!
This would totally work if

After the twins slaughter I was hoping for a good episode! I must say the first half was slow, but I loved the progress of the second half~
I'm tooootally digging the whole Tokizane involvement here! At first I thought he was the 'Haji' of this series, but it doesn't seem so now~ He's though no doubt totally in loo~ve with Saya though, I very much look forward to their progress in the next episode!:D
Fishcaek-ChanAug 28, 2011 6:33 AM

Aug 28, 2011 9:40 AM

Mar 2011
Fishcaek-Chan said:
Sanguis said:
So...The talking dog is the Yuuko Ichihara of this world...? CLAMP must love doing all this "every wish has a price" thing.

Lmao, I was thinking this too! But I hardly think we'll receive a crossover here, which I am honestly quite thankful for!~___~;;
tsubasalover said:

After the twins slaughter I was hoping for a good episode! I must say the first half was slow, but I loved the progress of the second half~
I'm tooootally digging the whole Tokizane involvement here! At first I thought he was the 'Haji' of this series, but it doesn't seem so now~ He's though no doubt totally in loo~ve with Saya though, I very much look forward to their progress in the next episode!:D

Watanuki isn't stuck in the house anymore. He's strong enough to leave it now, but refuses to.

I want the dog to be Watanuki because I do like the crossovers CLAMP make. And it's FukuJun!
Aug 28, 2011 9:48 AM

Sep 2010
Lazurin said:
Anime_Name said:

That's basically what I meant. The show is still the show, it could suck no matter what the name is. I just get tired of the "What is this? It's not like Blood+/there are no chiropterans. I'm dropping it." talk. :|

Even if no one has expressed it as simply as that it, sentiments like that a going to be par for the course when working with established franchises with established fan bases. Although if you are tired of reading comments like that then you have to chose to read open threads like this or not, because you don't have the ability to change how anyone feels or posts here.

Aug 31, 2011 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
Nice fight scene in this episode and some development.
Sep 1, 2011 9:51 AM
Sep 1, 2011 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
the dog is the guimauve shop guy, seems fairly obvious. the teacher and father are suspicious....

I don't trust the Elder Bairns who keep pointing at humans yet they are murdering people casually. this weeks monster was rather lame too.

what is up with the father covering up all the deaths too?
Sep 2, 2011 8:32 AM
Jul 2010
One question: where does all the blood disappear? All those beasts she's slaying? Episode 6 ends with people butchered in broad daylight on the street, and then, episode 7 starts with a policeman talking about the girls missing... Everyone is still in the dark about this?!

http://rejectso.blogspot.com/2011/08/blood-c-episode-7.html
Sep 5, 2011 5:46 AM

Jun 2010
Surprised that this best fight ever ep has no comment for that awesome creepy samurai fight. Instead we get dog comment ? That lame fantasy puppy ? lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2011 3:11 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was ok, just only one random person died this time. I wonder if that means next episode mass massacre.

Hey Saya is using no bra!
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 11, 2011 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
So Saya's "father" is the one with all the answers? I'm not surprised. I think Saya's adopted father had her tucked away in Blood+ as well. The dog continues to talk, it seems like at this point he can't stop talking. But at least I'm getting a little information from him. Even the Saya's homeroom teacher seems to be in on what's going on. There's no doubt now and her rather cryptic, but direct conversation with Saya (it will make sense if you actually see it). I don't know why this show clings so intensely to its secrets, but it gives me the feeling that since this is a one cour (I believe) show the reveal won't come until the last or penultimate episode.

Sep 17, 2011 6:32 AM

Apr 2010
MusashiRose said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
bloodbath as usual. a little development, but I'm ready for more info...

Good bit of info on the 'talking dog' though...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? Watanuki appearing as a dog??
Oct 16, 2011 12:56 PM
Dec 2010
I knew cat-dog's gonna talk !! i knew it :D
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 31, 2011 9:26 AM

May 2010
pieceofshota said:
Surprised that this best fight ever ep has no comment for that awesome creepy samurai fight. Instead we get dog comment ? That lame fantasy puppy ? lol

This show in general has great fights. Surprisingly little has been said about them though, people seem more fixated on the pace for some reason. What I like about the fights is how intense they all are. There's very little wasted time on cling-clangy stuff or constant recovering from debilitating hits, the fights themselves have a very fast pace. The moves are really good too in that they are exceptionally violent and reckless. The final move in this fight, where she let the dude hit both her shoulders so that she could get inside his reach and get the killing strike, actually reminded me of the final fight in Samurai Champloo, so I liked it a lot.
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 23, 2012 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
WHAT THE?! GEE! When the dog spoke. I knew it! I knew that its my beloved Watanuki! GAHHH! though they used the mature voice, well, of course since he's already the owner of the shop! but i knew he's watanuki! KYAAAAAA!!!
Apr 4, 2012 7:29 PM

Dec 2008
Is it just me or does everyone around Saya end up dying?
The teacher seem to know something.
Saya's father is totally hiding something from her. It was obvious since day one.
Saya always ends up in a pool of blood.
Finally my OTP is coming alive :)
Tokizane X Saya

May 25, 2012 8:32 PM

Dec 2011

...What.
Did anyone else find this weird and out of place? It was when Fumito was explaining what the texture was like and he pointed to her lips, then clarified as "somewhere close". Is this just a fansub group gag perhaps?
Jul 6, 2012 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
Fishcaek-Chan said:
Sanguis said:

tsubasalover said:

Too bad I was never a fan of Tsubasa. I've never even liked Clamp in general as anything more than great artists. I read their manga to look at the lovely pictures. <3 Why did they take a series as great as Blood and make this? I'm not looking for a carbon copy of Blood+, but I'm looking for something that at least takes the Blood world and makes something that draws me in. I'm just not finding that at all. :( To be fair, the series as a whole has certainly picked up after the first 6 slice of life episodes.

At least there are only 5 episodes left. :)
Oct 3, 2012 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
Well we knew her dad was covering up something, and so is the teacher.
Apr 17, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Emmrys said:

...What.
Did anyone else find this weird and out of place? It was when Fumito was explaining what the texture was like and he pointed to her lips, then clarified as "somewhere close". Is this just a fansub group gag perhaps?

i want an answer for this.
Feb 11, 2016 7:31 AM

Sep 2012
great episode..........
Jun 27, 2017 3:22 AM

Feb 2015
Getting a little background on the dog and that it looks like he is on Saya's side was nice especially as everyone else around seems ambiguous as to there intentions. We meet an Elder Bairn who seems to recognize Saya from the mysterious past she's struggling to remember - that's a first as the rest did not know her. Tokizane was remarkably calm considering he walked in on Saya seemingly almost about to start lapping up some blood and in the middle of a split giant Elder Bairn...no, not suspicious at all lol.

Mar 23, 2020 4:10 PM
Oct 2019
100% the teacher has got to know something! The anime started out cute but once Nene and Nono were killed I was like NOOOOOO!

The dog is precious. I like the dog!
Main Candy:

Bonus Candy:

Aug 23, 2021 5:04 AM
Dec 2017
Oh yeah its really one of the most goriest anime's out there.

Dec 29, 2021 2:32 AM
Feb 2021
Nice Nice, Very Nice but why that Enormous Bettle Like Monster Has Human Demeanour with Human Face

Spluttering Blood Everywhere Splendid!!
May 14, 2023 8:17 AM

Nov 2010
Saya looks so hot with her hair down and no glasses.
I initially thought the Samurai monster was Tokizane after she broke his mask.
So, the humans are at fault; that's why these monsters started attacking and eating them?
The investigation is still focused on Nene & Nono. What about that massacre that happened in broad daylight in the last episode? The police didn't seem aware of it, and there were plenty of witnesses.
Jul 25, 2023 2:19 PM

Aug 2017
I guess I'm one of the few people who hasn't seen/read anything by CLAMP and is continuously confused by all the rage about that and comparisons to their other work.
Oct 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Jan 2023
I liked this episode, a lot more plot this time around. I think the way she killed the elder bairn was very anti-climatic though.
Nov 8, 2023 4:46 PM

Dec 2022
Saya's teacher is about as suspicious as you can get.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.