Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 25, 2011 12:04 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
bloodbath as usual. a little development, but I'm ready for more info...

Good bit of info on the 'talking dog' though...
Aug 25, 2011 12:07 PM

Mar 2010
I'm getting tired of the just dragging it on and on and on and not really doing anything special. I feel like its crappy DBZ all over again. Teasing about a hidden agenda but giving zero explanation still.. just lousy flashbacks.
Aug 25, 2011 12:22 PM

Jun 2011
So...The talking dog is the Yuuko Ichihara of this world...? CLAMP must love doing all this "every wish has a price" thing.
Lol @ slow motion fight scene.
Aug 25, 2011 12:46 PM

Oct 2010
MusashiRose said:
bloodbath as usual.
Well at least that's good but it looks I am just a zombie watching this with only Nono and Nene in mind. Strange but that's how it is with me and having them in the OP really makes things worse for to remember but it's fine, I will complete this no matter what.

The talking dog and knowing more about it was interesting.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 25, 2011 1:09 PM

Jun 2010
When I heard the dog talking, I was like talking dog talking dog. I awas happy that they had a talking dog in the show.
Aug 25, 2011 1:11 PM
Aug 2010
Kind of curious now whether the dog is actually Watanuki or whether it's CLAMP doing the usual case of having parallel characters.

Also agreed with TC that we need more development/information, only 5 episodes left...
chessmaster1989Aug 25, 2011 1:14 PM
Aug 25, 2011 1:27 PM

Aug 2011
This is a perfect example on how you can completely (so far) fuck up something with a lot of potential. Almost nothing happens and if this were a 26 or more episodes series, then it would probably be ok-ish, at least if it would really pick up some pace within the current episodes, but as there's only 5 episodes left, it is extremely disappointing.
Aug 25, 2011 1:28 PM

Jul 2011
chessmaster1989 said:
Kind of curious now whether the dog is actually Watanuki or whether it's CLAMP doing the usual case of having parallel characters.

Also agreed with TC that we need more development/information, only 5 episodes left...

Oh good, it's not just me. I was like "Watanuki...? Is that you? >_>"

I doubt we'll get much development even when it ends. The film comes out next year, I think that's when we'll get the full story.
Aug 25, 2011 1:44 PM

May 2009
I hate how everyone is saying "nothing is happening." Hello are we watching the same thing? SO many questions keep arising which will obviously lead to more things happening. I swear some people want everything said out in the open for them. Like seriously! All I see are complaints in how nothing is happening. News flash! There is a lot happening. Maybe if you'd actually WATCH the show instead of complaining or waiting for someone to go "Hey this is what this is about" you could pick up the hints and form some type of opinion as to whats going on!! Whats the fun in that if you can't come up with your own ideas of whats going to happen? SMH!

Anyways on the the episode, I loved it. I'm upset Saya drank the coffee. Did you see how he offered it! OBVIOUSLY there is something there. And then the Elder Bairns things just completely making my head hurt. "The old you." What is that all about? I think that Saya with the red eyes is her true self (after shes been changed with the blood) and her father and yumito keep suppressing it with the food and all.

IN LOVE WITH CLAMP <3
also I run a CLAMP dedication blog over on tumblr so go check it out!
churchofclamp.tumblr.com !
Aug 25, 2011 2:08 PM

Jul 2011
I like this episode. It's getting somewhere and I can't wait for the next episode.

Now it's all suspicion with Saya's father. Now to hope if he actually tells her the truth or not.
I'm happy Tokizane is getting in the loop. But I find his reaction to be sort of strange. He seemed so calm even though there's a pool of blood all around Saya.
Aug 25, 2011 2:16 PM

May 2009
angeldranger said:

I'm happy Tokizane is getting in the loop. But I find his reaction to be sort of strange. He seemed so calm even though there's a pool of blood all around Saya.

Did you see the preview for episode 8? Hes more than willing to get involved with Saya, which is awesome! I think he probably already had his suspicions about her or has some background knowledge. I really like his character!

IN LOVE WITH CLAMP <3
also I run a CLAMP dedication blog over on tumblr so go check it out!
churchofclamp.tumblr.com !
Aug 25, 2011 2:16 PM

Aug 2011
Watching the same thing, but I believe with different expectations and standards.
Of course no one really believes that we will see Saya going to school, singing, drinking coffee and eating rice für a whole 12 episodes. But the way this is now, it would have been perfectly fine to only make it a 6 episodes ova. Would have made the show a lot better.
Yes there's a few hints hidden in almost every episode, but this is just stretching something with not enough content to be a 12 episodes season, nothing more, nothing less. It feels fake and apart from the beautiful art, the fans of Blood are surely missing a lot in Blood C.
Aug 25, 2011 2:29 PM

Mar 2011
chessmaster1989 said:

5 episodes....And a MOVIE! Blood C is pretty slow, but I think it's so that people will watch the movie.
Aug 25, 2011 3:06 PM
Dec 2010
So I'm not the only one who thinks the dog is Watanuki? I know CLAMP loves their crossover schtick.
Aug 25, 2011 3:09 PM

Aug 2010
The dog IS Watanuki, they even have the same seijuu (Jun Fukuyama)
Aug 25, 2011 3:18 PM

Aug 2009
Heyyyy... isnt that dog voiced by Fukuyama Jun!?!?!
The dog character isnt listen in MAL but I dont think my ears are deceiving me! O___O

and FINALLY this story gets interesting!
Its becoming more like Blood+

Is that dog suppose to be like a "Haji"?

I WANNA SEE EP 8 SO BAD!!! X___X
We should have BEEN seen it since this show has already skipped 2 weeks! x_x

And I cant choose who Saya should be with...XD

Tokizane and her are really cute, but I also like Fumito! ;o
Aug 25, 2011 3:42 PM
Jul 2010
Finally someone sees Saya after a fight! And I doubt Tokizane to freak out... he isn't that type of character.

I've been waiting for this, hopefully what comes next will change my feelings of the show. It's been dragging so much I don't know if there is much hope for redemption at this point but you never know.
Anyone who is a fantastic gif maker please contact me! ;)
Aug 25, 2011 3:48 PM

Aug 2011
omg more and more questions arise D: im really curious now!! must see ep 8 :o
Aug 25, 2011 4:05 PM
Aug 2011
omg! the 'talking dog', could it be watanuki from xxxholic? ( with the shop owner, grants wishes with a price thing... cant wait for more episodes)
Aug 25, 2011 4:33 PM

Jul 2011
boubee93 said:
angeldranger said:

Did you see the preview for episode 8? Hes more than willing to get involved with Saya, which is awesome! I think he probably already had his suspicions about her or has some background knowledge. I really like his character!

Yeah I saw. I was like. "What...? REALLY?!"
I've been feeling that Blood-C was going to turn into some like Inception from what her dreams are like. :|
Aug 25, 2011 4:47 PM

Aug 2011
Still no info or explanation...but it's getting there. I think the use of slo-mo was not necessary in some parts. All of the characters seem so suspicious because of how they act.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Aug 25, 2011 4:54 PM

Jul 2009
Don't mind me, just sliding along with this one.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 25, 2011 5:14 PM
Aug 2011
I'm tired of this Saya. When she was talking to that dog, she said that she can sense evil, right? Then how come every time a monster comes out of nowhere, she never is prepared? Now the only police officer that the whole town had is dead...
Good job Saya ._.
Aug 25, 2011 5:17 PM

Oct 2010
elizAbun said:
I'm tired of this Saya. When she was talking to that dog, she said that she can sense evil, right? Then how come every time a monster comes out of nowhere, she never is prepared? Now the only police officer that the whole town had is dead...
Good job Saya ._.
Yeah very stupid Saya indeed. Not to mention being a total failure last episode and having me blow of lots of steam.

When someone said that he would rather have the dog protect the town than Saya, I can somehow understand this more and more with this episode. While less and less chances happen for me to give out to Saya to prove she is getting better.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 25, 2011 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
I wish Saya would keep her hair down, or in the miko tie. But I understand about the twin-tails, since BTLV Saya had braids.

Sometimes the dog sounds like Jun, and sometimes he doesn't. It might be Watanuki...after the "shop that grants peoples wishes", I was like "Oh Lord..." XD

YAY! Toki was the first to see Saya post-battle. But you know, unless he was walking that way with his head down the entire time, he had to have seen something before coming across Saya.

And Oh My God, the preview for episode 8...*foams at the mouth* Need...Now...

anaaga said:
chessmaster1989 said:

5 episodes....And a MOVIE! Blood C is pretty slow, but I think it's so that people will watch the movie.

Thank-you, anaaga. I'm getting so tired of everyone bitching about "only 12 episodes".

NO, THERE IS A MOVIE COMING OUT IN 2012. it will be in THEATERS, so we're looking at a movie at least 1 hour and 15 minutes long, but most anime movies are 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
LadyOrihimeAug 25, 2011 6:11 PM
Aug 25, 2011 6:34 PM

Apr 2011
Saya looked stoned as hell this episode, LOL. She was probably just supposed to be out of it, but her long pauses before everything definitely screamed 'roofies in the coffee!' Guess she was even tripping when she was fighting the eight-armed guy, with the drawn-out, slow-motion jumps.

After boring me for the first half of the season I'm kinda glad I stuck around, the mystery is finally starting to becoming intruiging. I sometimes wonder if the Elder Bairns aren't more of a neutral force (considering they eat humans I don't think they'd wind up as the 'good guys', even if they're just fulfilling their part of the food chain), and whether Saya's dad and the guimauve guy are the real villains who're using Saya as their own personal weapon. We still don't know what the covenant is, but it appears to have been with Saya's mother or with a past self, one of the two.

I haven't seen the older series, but I wonder if perhaps it's the same Saya as the previous series, but her 'dad' brainwashed her and took her to some out-of-the-way town? The whole place seems to clearly be some kind of elaborate experiment after what we learned this episode. If so, I wonder if Saya's classmates are all brainwashed like she is or if they're participants in the deceit.

The guy with the magical shop was amusing, and I'm pretty sure he's not usually a dog, or at least not always (tho apparently he does grant dogs' wishes as well). He reminded me of Kisuke Urahara from Bleach for some reason ... same 'wise old shopkeeper' trope I suppose.
Aug 25, 2011 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
i knew once that poor officer got his screen time he would die seconds later.
Aug 25, 2011 6:38 PM

Jan 2009
ANN says the dog is played by Jun!

Jun Fukuyama as Dog (ep 6)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12857

BLOOD and xxxHolic crossover. I love it! XD
Aug 25, 2011 7:13 PM
Nov 2010
The series is getting more interesting by episode. I only wish it could have progressed faster than it went. But now at least Tokizane and the talking dog are getting more airtime which means better episodes.
Aug 25, 2011 7:45 PM

Jun 2008
i cracked. So FukuJun returns as Watanuki in a ...dog appearance. Yap. Its definitely Watanuki, looooooool. oh Clamp, i love you but u just make too many unnecessary crossovers. It would have been better if the dog was an original chara, but no, they had to make another crossover.

anyway, my theory is: The cafe guy must be the king of the Covenant and Saya´s ex lover or something like that, while she is the queen, and he and her will make an extremely short love triangle with Tokizane which is the human that Saya will try to protect. oh...wait...where did i got this cliche idea from? oh, that´s right. From Blood +.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 25, 2011 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
Saya is probably Sakura and Shaoran lost child...........
Aug 25, 2011 8:08 PM
Aug 2011
I think it's the CLAMP style to cross-over their stories one after another.... LOL
I was surprised hearing about the granting-wish shop.. (WTH??!!!)
and about the "price"...
I hope the story is not as confusing as Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle since both of them are crossed-over with xxxHolic...

can't wait for the next episode... 5 more to go... \o/
Aug 25, 2011 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
WOW. Leave it to Clamp to subtly reference to xxxHolic like that. Watch Saya turn out to be some alternate existence of Sakura, but of course they would only subtly hint at it. And the master of the cafe...Fai much? Not saying he is Fai, but they might as well call him that.
Aug 25, 2011 8:20 PM

Oct 2010
Aug 25, 2011 8:24 PM

Jun 2010
...Really? So this is what Blood C, Clamp was working towards? Making it into another part of their Clamp world? So what is this anime actually? Another pseudo sequel/prequel to another work from Clamp? Or is Clamp really huge fans of the Blood series that they wanted it to be apart of their cross over clusterfuck series?
Even the battle in this episode was a joke (Seriously, LOL at the gligamesh rip off being taken down in one lazy as hell hit. And he was apparently another elder bairn?), the slow motion stuff was obviously done as a budget restraint on the animation.

This show is becoming worse than I thought it would... 1/5 for the episode
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Aug 25, 2011 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
OMFG IS THE DOG WATANUKI??? I'LL BE SO HAPPY IF IT IS. IT IS!!!!!!

This is what Clamps good for, crossovers!

btw is it just me or is anyone else getting weird vibes from the teacher? I don't like her anymore.
Aug 25, 2011 8:45 PM

Sep 2008
I cried in the op
not really...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2011 8:54 PM

Apr 2008
No wonder they have Fukuyama Jun do the voice.
Aug 25, 2011 8:57 PM
May 2009
asgaskjghlwkejlrkjawlkerj Watanuki is the dog! I guess I forgot that clamp was doing this anime xD
Aug 25, 2011 9:10 PM

Nov 2009
I guess the story is kinda developing.
Aug 25, 2011 9:29 PM

Jun 2009
So...

What kind of an effect will this "Dog is Watanuki" development have on the likelihood of a SayaxDog ending?
Aug 25, 2011 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
teacher kind of freaked me out this episode
Aug 25, 2011 11:10 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah, so I'm totally calling this. The teacher is an Elder Bairnes.
Aug 25, 2011 11:22 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm, the fight was slow indeed, and I don't get how Saya won there, she was clearly weaker than that big guy...
Well, at least the dog talked a bit and...Tokizane(?) saw Saya fighting...
Aug 25, 2011 11:59 PM

May 2011
Wow!!!This was a great episode! It's gonna get even better if Tokizane and the "dog" get more screen time.

I have a little theory (might be a spoiler):

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Aug 26, 2011 12:51 AM

Jan 2009
Fumito is creepy as fuck. What the hell was that about "lips" and then getting closer to her and saying in a pedo voice "somewhere close" and then Saya mouthing something? He better be talking about her tongue....if not...ew.

When Saya finally picks up Inuki in ep 3, knowing he's Watanuki now, makes that scene much funnier to me for some reason XD
LadyOrihimeAug 26, 2011 12:55 AM
Aug 26, 2011 2:55 AM

Sep 2009
I love Clamp crossovers! I don't know why so many people seem to not like it. It's like all of a sudden, everybody hates Clamp (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration).
Aug 26, 2011 3:10 AM

Aug 2010
saxophone15 said:
I love Clamp crossovers! I don't know why so many people seem to not like it. It's like all of a sudden, everybody hates Clamp (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration).

as much as i love clamp and its crossovers, Blood-C isnt exactly one of the better animes created by clamp >_>; even at episode 7 im still hoping that saya will pull through into something awesome but alas looks like it wont happen
i gotta say though, when the dog mentioned wish, watanuki instantly came into mind and the usual clamp fanboy-ism made me smile lulz
honestly in this anime everyone that ends up living, not being the elder's food and having screentime except maybe saya's friends are creepy; the dad, teacher and fumito are prime examples; clearly they're hiding something and i wouldnt be surprised if one of them turns out to be an elder turned human like what some people have said
Aug 26, 2011 3:50 AM

Sep 2008
omg! it's watanuki!
then maybe this is all just saya's dream
Aug 26, 2011 4:41 AM

Dec 2009
Funny how Saya can't die from a million scratches, but the Elder Bairns die with just one slash.

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.