Forum Settings
Forums

Administrators' lounge [closed for members]

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2011 5:59 AM

Jun 2010
About the text, I have a few suggestions, the way I see it.

Appearance-wise, I think any decent text should follow the basic typography rules such as that we never use capitals, underlining and rarely bold unless it's really necessary. Make all the text normal. You can as well change the color to gray as Justice-dono said but normal black will be fine too. If you want to emphasize something in the text use italics. If it's something really important, use bold but make sure it isn't too much.

Content-wise, I believe the text should be changed a bit so as that the member should feel more that he is being suggested to do stuff and less that he is being ordered. An example would be to avoid the use of imperative mood like "Post a photo of yourself". Another idea would be to include some humor in the text to lighten things up but that's of course optional.

About the graphics my personal view is to avoid the use of blinking and moving graphics at all costs. I can't stress enough how bad any blinking graphic is, in most cases, especially because it distracts the user from what's really important and that is the content of the text. If you want to use a graphics then use something that is easy on the eye, doesn't distract and it's simple.

As a last suggestion, you could change the text into a simple list using just a few words as a description like:

etc.

Try to be brief, direct, simple and casual. My two cents.
Aug 25, 2011 6:10 AM

Jan 2011
leon, i pretty much agree with what you say there. i think i might work on it a little when i get home too (since i fancy myself a writer hehe). def agree with keeping it not bold and obv the graphics thing that was already mentioned. i like how this is becoming a group effort though, how it should be.
Aug 25, 2011 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
billmurderface said:
leon, i pretty much agree with what you say there. i think i might work on it a little when i get home too (since i fancy myself a writer hehe). def agree with keeping it not bold and obv the graphics thing that was already mentioned. i like how this is becoming a group effort though, how it should be.

Anyone is free to edit what I've done if you have the time, I've already spent enough time working on it for now anyways.
Aug 25, 2011 10:28 AM

Jan 2011
Lotus97 said:
Anyone is free to edit what I've done if you have the time, I've already spent enough time working on it for now anyways.

i'm sure that's true mr. cardmaker for 10,000 card clubs on MAL ;D
Aug 29, 2011 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
ok i'm gonna actually work on the message tonight some, with everyone's suggestions in mind :D
Aug 29, 2011 2:19 PM

Apr 2011
I approved 2 members, but for some reason the approval didn't seem to go through because I looked on the page and the names are still there awaiting approval. Does anyone know what's going on?
Aug 29, 2011 2:25 PM

Jan 2011
admins have to approve...same thing happened before i was an admin and was just an officer
Aug 30, 2011 7:28 AM

Aug 2010
Probably a bug again. I have had that situation many times.

Sep 6, 2011 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
I'm sorry to say this now, but I'll probably be extremely busy from now on. That means I won't be home until very late at night. And I'm afraid that this will last until I get my project ready for presentation so I can get my degree at last after 7 years.... so think of... February! xS But this is SO important for me to do, so I hope you'll understand me! *_*

I know, i know that's like too long. I promise I'll try my best to be on the club as much as I can the remaining hours of the day, but usually (like now) I'm just SO tired to be able to do much. I will try and focus on technical stuff more and I'll be less on the forums.
I'm sure you will all keep doing an amazing work! :)) And it's not like I won't be logging in, I just won't be as much as I was in the summer.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Sep 6, 2011 4:00 PM

Apr 2011
Justice, you will surely be missed. I will now assume position of Supreme Ruler in your absence.
Sep 6, 2011 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
haha thnx Lotus! :P but I won't be gone for good anyway. I'll just be on less hours than usual! xD I might try talking from my uni too, since most of the times I'll be taking my PC with me and I will need a few breaks. :P
Sep 6, 2011 8:52 PM

Jun 2010
Don't worry Justice-dono, we'll help you as much as we can but we definitely miss you already. And of course if you need to talk or any help, you know how to reach us.
Sep 6, 2011 11:42 PM

Aug 2009
Aww, we already miss you, Justice!
But don't worry about the club, we'll do our best to keep everything running smooth (I see Lotus already took the position of the ringleader :P).
And all the best with your project!
Sep 7, 2011 3:06 AM

Aug 2010
Lotus is planning a revolution again :D

Like everyone else already said, we will miss you and the club is very safe in our hands.

Sep 7, 2011 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
echoing everyone else's sentiments, you shall be missed greatly! i'll try to do my best to pick up a little of the slack, as long as i don't have to take a hiatus of my own. we'll see
Sep 7, 2011 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
Thanks so much minna!!!! *is moved* ^____^ I'm already missing you so much too! I'll try being here as much as possible. Love ya all! *group hug*
Sep 7, 2011 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
Let's cry together ;_____________________________________________;

Sep 7, 2011 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
awww admin group hug and cry T_T
Sep 7, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
*-* <33
Sep 9, 2011 9:35 AM

Aug 2009
If anyone wants to continue that "title" game, go ahead and do so. Bill, thnx for the hard work in that thread, also Lumikki too. You can take over that game and change it however you like, I don't mind. I listed some more anime since where you left it Bill, so if you want I could send you the renewed list. I just wanna say that I WON'T be bothering with it anymore, I'm pretty pissed off right now with people who are fuckin' ungrateful. So just go ahead and do as you like. Close the damn thread, I don't give a flyin f*ck tbh.
Sorry for bursting off like that. Again, I aprreciate your very hard work, I really do.
Thnx guys, cya <3
Sep 9, 2011 1:48 PM

Apr 2011
I start a lot of threads here and not all of them go they way I want them to. Most of them die eventually. Even when I post more in some threads, they end up dying again. I don't participate in every thread here if it's not interesting to me. But I do try to participate in as many threads as I can. I have posted nearly 2000 times in the past 5 months.
Sep 9, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
Lotus that was not my point. I don't care much if the thread I create will become popular or not, I care though about how someone will talk to me. It pisses me off when people are ungrateful and that's all. I don't know how much more clearer can I state this.
Sep 9, 2011 2:26 PM

Apr 2011
I guess I sort of went off track a little, but I was trying to say is that being an officer or an active member IS a thankless job most of the time. I don't know about the exchange you had (unless someone deleted their post). What would you if one of your officers talked to a member like you did (even if they were rude first)?

Also they did thank Bill earlier at least:

Cebollita said:
billmurderface said:
ok so the list and scores are officially updated up to post #232. you know there were over 70 posts since the last update? whew, that was some work...and after all that there's NO way i'm check marking all those
only a few repeat offenders, i took away 2 points for each one instead of a DQ, rather generous i think. :D
but from now on that rule applies, and i'll try to update more often, at least once a day if i can keep up.
@cebo
hahaha i appreciate the sentiment, but looking at the scores and yours and furu's pace, there's no point in padding my score. there's no hope i'm afraid...too bad i'm a competitive mofo

Ah...you did a swell job my fine fellow...gracias. ^^ Well, I work the next three days so Furu-kun may one up me...we shall see. ^^
Ice
Sep 9, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2009
I don't really mind if you think I shouldn't have talked like that or not. Maybe you didn't understand the situation at all first. So to answer your question, if you are offended by someone in a way then you have to say it, period. And what ticks me off the MOST is hinted ironic comments covered by a "my feelings are hurt now" kind of comment.

Also, i'm sorry to say that, but you didn't get to do that job of filling the list and points in the first place, don't judge something being half informed about it, it only gets unpleasant in the end.
Ok, kudos to the person that thanked Bill.

All I know is I tried to make the game work again, it didn't, I got some ironic comment about leaving the game cause it isn't fun anymore without the rules, and so the rules took effect and everyone should be happy now, cause they got what they wanted, right?! And since everyone had already made at least one mistake in the game then that meant instant GAME OVER, RIGHT?. So I don't see why people are still unsatisfied.
Sep 9, 2011 3:27 PM

Aug 2009
also since you bothered to search, find and post that quote fom the game, like you did, why not read more carefully what i wrote before accusing me? cause srsly i've had enough for one day.
Sep 9, 2011 3:43 PM

Apr 2011
I understand how much time you've put into this club and these games. And I also understand how limited your time is right now. I'm not choosing her side over yours. I think maybe your words were misinterpreted by the other person and and they might have overreacted. I think I might have misinterpreted your words too, but there was something about your tone also.

I guess I'm questioning how you would have reacted if I had spoken the way you did to a member. Since I can't predict how you would have reacted, it's sort of a pointless mental exercise I suppose. I've read and re-read both statements so I'm pretty much going to leave things as they are. I'll let the other officers speak on this since I've pretty much made my point.
Sep 9, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
I had made a mistake and thought it was furuables who made that post when it was Cebollita. I got pissed with the wrong person, cause I had excused one of furuables double post, so that's why I got more pissed.
Still I'm not less irritated now, although I should have phrased that more nicely it's the truth. So I erased those comments and wrote another one where you can see my thoughts on this and it can end now, cause the whole thing got much more attention than it should. let it go..
Sep 10, 2011 12:07 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah, the game went so far away from the original rules, I tried to update the list several times, but after the update I noticed that there has come a few pages more, so I gave up.

You did the right thing to put game over. Think as a game leader and club creator you have a right to say a last word without any complains.

Hope you're feeling better now, Justice!

Sep 10, 2011 3:28 AM

Aug 2009
Lumikki said:
Yeah, the game went so far away from the original rules, I tried to update the list several times, but after the update I noticed that there has come a few pages more, so I gave up.

You did the right thing to put game over. Think as a game leader and club creator you have a right to say a last word without any complains.

Hope you're feeling better now, Justice!

Thanks Lumikki, I am. Thanks for understanding my frustration and not judging it.
In any case I won't be accepting people whining or complaining about things anymore.

I thought managing a club would be tons easier.. *sighs* xP
Sep 10, 2011 3:50 AM

Aug 2009
I'm closing the game in the end. Deleting the thread and all soon. I hope noone dissagrees with that decision.
Sorry for being so bitter last night, especially to Lotus who just happened to be there by accident hearing my whining! xD

In any case, all is well now, let's keep doing our best, ne?! :) GANBARIMASU!!!
Sep 10, 2011 4:34 AM

Aug 2010
It's fine by me.

The club is growing all the time and getting more active all the time, but do not have stress about it :3 You have us!

Sep 10, 2011 5:39 AM

Aug 2009
you're right as always! thnx Lumi-chan! ;D
Sep 10, 2011 5:47 AM

Aug 2010
I suggested to the random spamming thread that they should use more spoiler buttons when it comes to large images and esp there have been lots of ecchi/hentai pics lately and I think it would be nice to hide them since not everyone likes seeing that kind of pics on their screen.

I bet you agree with me?

Sep 10, 2011 6:01 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, wow, what has been happening here since my last visit O.o I'm so out of the loop.

Okay, after reading all the comments I can see why Justice was irritated. That game certainly deviated from the original plan and it became hard to keep track of everything (I admit I was very little of help cuz I wasn't much in the club in the previous two days, even though I said I'd help x.x) I have to thank Bill though, he did a lot of work in that topic.
As for the discussion in this thread, I can understand Lotus too, he just tried to look at things objectively.
Anyway, I guess it's best to just leave it all behind. And as Lumikki said, don't stress yourself much with the things in the club. It's not worth it, and besides we are here because we want/like it and it's fun. There will always be great ideas/threads that just don't work out the way we thought they would (for example, I'm still not very happy with the number of the participants in the music project :/ ) but it's not worth getting upset over it.
And yeah, you have us, you can always send us a message if you need help with anything in the club (since I obviously miss a lot of things going in here >.<)
Well, I wrote an all-over-the-place post but what I'm trying to say is that you have our support so don't worry.

@Lumikki
I agree, spoilers should be used for any big picture, and if it's ecchi/hentai material posters should indicate that with NSFW as well.

P.S. What's with Bill, I haven't seen him around much. We miss you, Mr. Awesome :(
metamorphiusSep 10, 2011 6:16 AM
Sep 10, 2011 7:04 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah I agree about big pics in spoilers and any nudity should have some sort of warning. Yumekichi is the only member that's been posting those pics.
Sep 10, 2011 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
I cleaned random spamming thread a bit, just put spoilers here and there. Hope no one will be mad at me.

Yeah, I don't know about Bill, prolly he's a bit busy atm.

Sep 10, 2011 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
hey sorry guys...well we were pretty devastated by some major flooding here. at home it's not..sooooo bad i guess, but my job was completely destroyed. 7 feet of water, everything's gone, so i've been on clean-up duty and working my ass off for about 36 hours.

i'm sorry i couldn't help with all the drama that i've apparently missed and still really have no idea what's going on. i'm at my friends now cuz home is kinda unliveable for now. it'll probably be some time before you see me on regularly. i'm sorry. i will be back though. appreciate everyone's appreciation.
Sep 10, 2011 8:27 PM

Aug 2009
Aw, Bill, that's so awful :( I'm so sorry for your home, I know very well how disastrous floods can be. I hope you and everyone else there recover soon. And absolutely don't apologize nor worry about the club and stuff right now, it was nothing special anyway.
Sep 10, 2011 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
thank you meta i really appreciate it. it could have been a lot worse actually. anyways, i'll miss the hell out of you guys, i really will. take good care of it in my absence
Sep 12, 2011 4:06 AM

Aug 2009
Lumikki said:
I cleaned random spamming thread a bit, just put spoilers here and there. Hope no one will be mad at me.

Yeah, I don't know about Bill, prolly he's a bit busy atm.

mad at you? lol the exact opposite! thnx for the work, cause i know how irritating it can get sometimes. i went cleaning around the forum too. people can go wild if we let them be.

@meta

thnx meta-chan! :) i appreciate your words. in any case all is over now, no big deal. but i'm not sure we'll hear of those members again, probably they're pissed or sth. xD but life isn't made out of roses. lol

in any case, i agree with the spoilers and everything. some threads have become so messy because of that, but Lumikki's idea of cleaning it up is good, so each time we see something relatively big in an unfitting thread we immediately clean it up. no permission needed or anything, go for it.
ofc threads like the guess it, post it one, need pics to be shown without spoillers, etc..
but what you see as spamming you can clear it up. we should all do the same from now on.

@bill

it's still so bad over there?? omg it's really annoying that you have to go through all that. i'm sorry for burdening you with stupid things when you have so much important stuff to care for. i didn't know, so i'm sorry.
lol, i HATE internet drama, that's why i erased that other thread. i hate it with so much passion that i can't stand being part of one. in any case it was just a small misunderstanding from both sides, so it's over now.
But stop thinking about the forum already and go do whatever you need to do. VERY GOOD LUCK!!! No matter what the damage is, think that things always come back to normal sooner or later! ;)
Sep 12, 2011 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
@Bill

Sorry to hear about the flooding. You have been and will be missed
Sep 18, 2011 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
@metachan

I know that this must be damn long work, but it would be nice if you could update the main page with the new anime season and also instead of august's theme up left, it had a link to september's one. If you think that this will be lots of work to do each month (cause i know how much it is) then you could just reform the layout so that it won't include those two options. I just mention it cause it would be better for the club to look updated, especially for the new members that don't know how active it is.
Thanks a lot again for all your hard work!! :)
Sep 18, 2011 4:56 PM

Aug 2009
@Justice
I already plan to do that, so no worries. I meant to change the summer anime season to the fall season two days ago, but I thought it would've been too early so I fended off boredom by making the stamps instead xD But I will do that (and the project part as well) by the end of the week, hope it's not too late :)
Sep 18, 2011 5:02 PM

Aug 2009
No, it's not late at all. Actually, I pretty much knew you had it in mind, cause I know how you are very thorough about every work you commit to. :)
I didn't mean any pressure at all!! I believe it's quite early too, just thought I could make a reminder just in case.
The stamps you made are FANTASTIC btw, sorry I didn't say that earlier, but I'm really admiring them!

Thanks again for everything!!!
Sep 18, 2011 5:25 PM

Aug 2009
It's no pressure, don't worry. I know you have the best intentions.
Tnx. I'm not mentioning the stamps to get praise (*-*) but just to come up with a reason why I'm not doing my job xDDDD I'm kiddin', kiddin'.

Btw, we really need to get that newsletter thing going, it could be used to get more participants for the music project (or someone should make a contract with Kyuubey). A few weeks ago, Lotus asked if I could do the graphics for it, and I meant to mention that, but I forgot in which thread we discussed the newsletter, so I let it slip from my memory until now. But I couldn't do it until next month, since I already have the club profile, the cover and the reviews.
Sep 18, 2011 5:37 PM

Apr 2011
@Meta
Thanks in advance for updating the club profile. That kind of stuff seems really tricky to me to do. Also, I'm glad you didn't forget the newsletter. I hope we'll get more activity once we do the newsletter. We're almost to 300 and only 5 requests for 250+ LE, so maybe older people don't collect cards as much, but maybe they just don't know about the threads.
Sep 19, 2011 9:14 AM

Aug 2010
Like I said earlier, those stamps are super cool, I'm gonna steal at least two of them to my profile :3

I completely forgot the newsletter too. We really need to get it done... someday.
I wish more participants to the music project too. Last month went pretty well, like we got 20 songs! ( ok, some people sent too, but it doesn't matter)

Ok, the content of this post is empty, but at least you know that I have read your comments xD

How's everyone anyway? I hope that the weather is better than here. It's raining everyday, bleh.

Sep 19, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2009
here it hasn't rained yet, but it said on the news that a storm might be coming tonight or tomorrow night.. we'll wait and see i guess. thing is it hasn't rained here since May, so I wouldn't mind some rain, but I don't want a storm.. T.T
Sep 19, 2011 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
Maybe it's the same storm that we had last week?

I bet it still like + billion degrees in Greece. Last time I checked Europe's weather map, temperature was 20C higher than here xD Epic fail.

Sep 21, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2009
Well yesterday night the weather got worse suddenly.. and i got soaked wet.. T.T but thankfully I went inside a TGI Friday's with my friend and we stayed there for a while to eat sth and until the heavy rain stopped. Today I had an umbrella with me, just in case, but it didn't rain. I don't enjoy intense heat, but somehow rain makes me kind of sad too.. it's kind of gloomy. Can't it be somewhere in the middle?! xD haha
Today I also registered for the japanese exams in December. I won't have so much time to study till then, so I don't know what I'll do.. but hopefully I'll do well enough. *-*
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM

» [Game] Last Letter - Anime Edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kumquat123 - Feb 18, 2012

3116 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.