Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2008 7:54 PM
May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really made me think about what Vash really is. Like he called the plant is sister? And then that purple thing came out of no where. Too bad for Brad... at least that puppet fag got what was coming to him. Hmm...A being outside of time, eh?
Jul 11, 2008 8:59 AM

Jun 2007
So Vash is immortal then? I'm going to guess that Vash and Knives are the same species as those beings that power lost tech, which would explain their ability to control it.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Sep 11, 2008 8:25 PM

Jun 2008
that was pretty sad episode ,in the end we will find everything and is he immortal or not
Sep 17, 2008 12:56 PM

Sep 2007
BRADDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Oct 18, 2008 2:20 PM
Apr 2008
I can't wait to see what's going to happen to all of those people.
ManU-AlchemistOct 19, 2008 4:07 PM
May 8, 2009 11:16 AM

May 2009
The series just keeps getting better and better, albeit as depressing. Great episode.
Aug 4, 2009 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
Brad's death is worth for him as he remembers everything about Vash and his purpose
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 14, 2009 11:01 PM

Mar 2009
That was so sad.. :[! poor brad.
i knew something was up after they beat the bad guy's..
But now Vash is going to go insaine and destroy the rest of the bad guys and Legato.
>:3

Dec 6, 2009 7:06 AM
Oct 2009
"this only happens because you are here"
Dec 19, 2009 12:00 PM

Dec 2009
Three demons!! Why did they forget that!?!? I guess Vash assumed Wolfwood got 2, and Wolfwood assumed Vash got 2. That episode was awesome nonetheless.
Feb 17, 2010 7:12 PM

Dec 2009
Very cool episode. It bums me out when a good series is nearing the end for the first time.
Such junk...
Apr 9, 2010 4:33 PM

Apr 2009
5tardust said:
The series just keeps getting better and better, albeit as depressing. Great episode.
Not for me... IMO it just keeps getting cheesier and cheesier... I preferred the first episodes to what the series seems to be turning into...
Apr 13, 2010 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
the later episodes are both confusing and less appealing to me, but I have to say that it made me think about life a bit
Jun 19, 2010 3:52 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode... sad one
Jun 24, 2010 5:59 PM

Mar 2009
Vash became really emo when Brad died.
Aug 18, 2010 3:24 PM
Aug 2010
Vash really tends to be crybaby, doesn't he? This is very unusual if there comes to male characters...

Grate episode but very depressing. So sad that immortality in reality is a curse. You may live forever but in the other hand you have to look at your dying friends... Horrible... I was right - Vash IS a tragic character.

So, It seems that my private theory is correct - Vash and Knives are or aliens (nah, not so possible) or something like the next step of human evolution (that is a little bit more possible). Well, we will see more next time :)

And the atmosphere is more and more tense...
Sep 1, 2010 4:13 AM

May 2009
Jessica seemed a little too young to me. Brad too old for her. Sad that he had to die.

The beings who live outside of time... nice way to put it...
Oct 30, 2010 12:59 PM

Mar 2009
You know that a series is coming to an end when the good guys start getting killed off.
Although Brad acted like an asshole at first, he finally came around in the end. So sorry to see him die.
I have the feeling Vash's emotions are going to get the better of him. Which may make for more of an awesome showdown between him and Legato (and Knives).
Dec 2, 2010 6:02 PM

May 2010
Alas86 said:
5tardust said:
Not for me... IMO it just keeps getting cheesier and cheesier... I preferred the first episodes to what the series seems to be turning into...

Same, I am getting tired of Vash
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 12, 2011 11:38 PM

Sep 2010
The ending was sad, and yet.. ....? -wutdaF
Jan 30, 2011 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
Very good episode with a sad ending.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

May 25, 2011 11:09 PM

Oct 2008
:(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 4, 2012 11:20 PM

Feb 2010
an excellent episode.
Apr 19, 2012 8:42 AM

Nov 2007
Pretty sad, but it seems like Vash isn't all that determined at this point. Everything is moving kinda slow.
Hurr durr, I'm a burr.
May 10, 2012 1:43 AM

Dec 2011
I cried a little in this episode. I was good though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2012 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
I couldn't really feel bad about Brad's death. He wasn't given enough screen time to get used to him as a friend.
Oct 15, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2009
rlayer said:
I couldn't really feel bad about Brad's death. He wasn't given enough screen time to get used to him as a friend.

Same here. I get teary-eyed if it's a meaningful death and a likable character, but Brad just didn't have enough screen time to get me sad. But it's kinda sad how everywhere Vash goes, disaster follows him.

And now I finally figured out that those "power plants" were actually plants inside a glass-container. All this time I thought they were just huge light bulbs.
Jan 9, 2013 5:09 AM

Dec 2010
5tardust said:

Free_Candy said:
"this only happens because you are here"

Things get so hard, now when we're close to the end.. And I really like the sci-fi elements we're getting now.

The theme in the final moment was so sad =
Jan 9, 2013 6:07 AM

Jan 2012
A really intense episode this time. With a rather sad ending I might add.

Feb 22, 2013 6:15 PM
Oct 2011
Confucius said:
Alas86 said:
5tardust said:

i always thought the earlier episodes were the cheesier ones with the screwball comedy. What is cheesy about this? The fact that Vash morns over the loss of a human life? I think you are missing the point of Vash's character. Vash is basically a combination of buddhist and catholic ideals made flesh. The author of the manga on which the tv show is somewhat based on was a buddhist like most people in Japan but converted to Catholicism and it show in his writing. Wolfwood on the other hand is an example of a man torn between ideals and reality which is why he is MUCH more willing to get his hands dirty. Finally for all of you enjoy the Trigun anime but are confused by the story I recommend you check out the Trigun and Trigun Maximum mangas as they go into more detail and explain alot more things like what plants really are and they also
, or at least that is what i feel.
Mar 3, 2013 8:10 PM
Apr 2011
they're really piling on the death count now it seems like. vash went completely insane back in the town when the huge gatling gun dude killed a bunch of people. now it seems like there's so many deaths he doesn't even have time to really react anymore lol.
Dec 18, 2013 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
I couldn't take Brad seriously, he looked like a weird vintage Scar from FMA xD

Vash resolution to not kill anyone hurted a lot in this one. If he had killed the weird torpedo guy, the ship probably wouldn't have crashed...

I guess it was Legato plan all along, to damage Vash psychologicaly.

Knives seem to be badly injured (even amputated), maybe one of the reason of his grudge against Vash.

Vash origin seem to be mystic. Brad talked about a timeless man or something like this, and he called the weird creature in the engine ''sister''. We could go farther and say that when he does that weird thing with is arm (the big laser), it is his true form.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 20, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending :| lots of casualties this time :s Action packed episode in general though!
Feb 10, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2013
Damn... that was a high body count of innocent people. Though its kinda messed up that they stayed secret up there. Who knows how much the "lost technology could have helped the rest of the people of that planet. I'm glad Wolfwood killed that guy. I have a lot of respect for Vash's code of ethics, but I'm glad there's a wolfwood around.

Wolfwood is so cool, too bad his oufit is kinda lame, its so pedestrian. if they gave him black shoes and like a slightly loosened tie, that would raise his badassness by 50%.
Love and Peace!!!
Feb 10, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
animalia said:
Confucius said:
Alas86 said:
5tardust said:

i always thought the earlier episodes were the cheesier ones with the screwball comedy. What is cheesy about this? The fact that Vash morns over the loss of a human life? I think you are missing the point of Vash's character. Vash is basically a combination of buddhist and catholic ideals made flesh. The author of the manga on which the tv show is somewhat based on was a buddhist like most people in Japan but converted to Catholicism and it show in his writing. Wolfwood on the other hand is an example of a man torn between ideals and reality which is why he is MUCH more willing to get his hands dirty. Finally for all of you enjoy the Trigun anime but are confused by the story I recommend you check out the Trigun and Trigun Maximum mangas as they go into more detail and explain alot more things like what plants really are,

I agree "cheesy" seems like a totally inappropriate word to describe these last few episodes. I also agree that this series is getting better and more interesting, but also more tragic. Reminds me of the feelings I got while watching FMA brotherhood.

OH and I'm SO mad at you for that spoiler Animalia!!... I know I know, I should have never looked at the button... I'm never clicking a spoiler button again...
Love and Peace!!!
Sep 2, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
The Gung-Ho Gun designs just get more interesting.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 29, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
I think this show is getting really interesting now, the start was fun and all but it's interesting now like totally unexpected from the start but great.

I really liked this. So Vash is one of the ones who does not age.
Aug 30, 2015 9:28 PM

Aug 2015
R.I.P. Brad, didn't you expect you to tank the bullets for Vash :'(
Dec 31, 2015 1:19 PM
Mar 2015
I thought this was a very entertaining episode. I think Vash is still hungover from the Augusta incident. I think it really took a toll on him. I am excited to see where everythong goes, but also nervous for anyone who is aquainted with Vash. It was nice to see where the new red jacket actually came from too.
Jan 4, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2011
A serious episode at once, it would be nice if the show was like that from the beginning. Nevertheless, a death of a newly shown character has no weight/burden at all.
Jun 7, 2016 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
This show seem to struggle a bit with the light hearted humor moments and serious dark undertone in the second half of the show. The comedic timing and funny vash faces he made during a massacre on the ship feel really awkward to me.
Sep 17, 2016 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Brad.
Vash looked at him getting shot until the puppet run out of ammo,lol.
Nov 1, 2016 12:08 AM

Dec 2013
This episode makes me curious with how old Vash actually is.

RIP Brad. You were a surprisingly cool dude towards the end.
Nov 23, 2016 3:32 PM

Jun 2011
Poor Brad. Vash couldn't do something about it?
Angry_Anime_NerdNov 24, 2016 9:25 AM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 19, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Thanfully the priest found the puppet master first, because if Vash were the one to find him I bet it would go somewhat like this: "Why?? Why are you doing this?!?! Blah blah oh well, you killed a lot of my friends and their families?? I'll cry but I'll let you go this time, and the next time...and the next..." LOL
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 23, 2017 8:28 PM

Feb 2017
Damn, this episode tore at the heart strings a little bit, and for a character we barley knew.

I'm really intrigued by this Knives/Vash relationship and what exactly are they??
Obviously I feel like they aren't human but possibly were once one in the same? Split from the same source and it created two forms, evil and good?
Aug 8, 2017 4:23 PM
Jul 2017
Oh God. It gets me every time. 😢
Sep 4, 2017 5:36 PM

Jul 2017
Very sad episode - I was very sad when Brad died. The fight between Wolfwood and the giant had some weird pacing, but the action was exciting overall. The plant was really otherworldly and weird. We're really speeding ahead now to the end.
May 20, 2018 3:34 AM

Dec 2017
What an amazing episode, my favourite one for sure. Now I think that there is a possibility that I might give Trigun a score of a 9, but it will have to get even better than this till the end.

Felt bad for Brad. He was being a bit of a dick earlier, but he just wanted to protect his people. Although my reaction to the moment when he gets shot got kind of ruined because of the way bullets entering his body was animated xd At first I thought "Wait, why is there no blood? Is he a fucking robot?! O:" and immediately after that, I realised that it's simply the way it was drawn and I just started laughing while Vash was holding Brad on his hands. lol
Absit invidia verbo...
May 22, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2016
Overall, I think this episode deserves a 4/5
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 24, 2008

80 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 22, 2008

54 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 7, 2008

55 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 21, 2008

99 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

151 by Juan9207 »»
Apr 26, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.