Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2016 7:54 PM

Jun 2011
Lina was iffy to me. Kind of a goody goody but also kind of outspoken. I don't understand how Vash's hair stands up when it's being cut?

2.5/5
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 19, 2017 11:50 AM

Dec 2015
Vash has even less pride than a pile of dog shit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 12, 2017 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
Episode felt rush. These later episodes make me want to read the source material
Sep 2, 2017 11:03 PM

Jul 2017
Not as good as the last two episodes; Vash as Eriks was kind of plain. I liked how it cut from the lead up of the battle to the end, but them just walking through the gunfire? That was bad. I guess it's been a while, but Vash has to go back to being Vash. I am now thinking that Wolfwood is one of the Gungho Guns.
May 14, 2018 6:56 PM

Dec 2017
Lina's cute.

I'm glad that Wolfwood is not a villain, he acted really strange in episode #16. Or who knows, maybe he actually is a bad guy, there is still a possibility. And it's nice to see him back of course.

Also,
Adramelech said:
I don't understand what kind of a mental state are the people who consider these last two episodes filler and others main in. Seriously...

Ikr. sheesh...
Shikori_TsuMay 14, 2018 7:00 PM
Absit invidia verbo...
May 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2016
He is finally going to confront Knives... interesting.
May 27, 2019 4:17 PM
Apr 2016
Well, the pacing at the beginning was rather fast. Knives an asshole even after 100 years haha. A great time-skip, Vash abandoned his former life.
Jul 10, 2019 7:40 PM
Apr 2018
Qatami said:
Pretty meh episode, nothing important happens.

Nothing important, how? You got more character development in this single episode than many shows get throughout their entire runtime. Not to mention how it sets up the confrontation against Knives prefectly. Just because it isn't "FLASHY FLASHY BANG BANG!!", doesn't mean it is not important.
Aug 31, 2019 5:52 AM

Apr 2013
Did they really just off-screen the fight? Wtf...
Oct 31, 2019 11:49 AM

Sep 2019
He stripped naked and acted like a dog in front of everyone and lost his pride for nothing. that's where I got complete furious, why? he would've probably knew that it doesn't matter if he stripped or not either way those guys are gonna fire the guns. complete nonsense
May 7, 2020 6:32 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Fantastic episode, so much to say, really, one of the best if not the best episode yet.
I love Vash's new look in this episode, he looks like the secret child of Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing (Hellsing) and Hohenheim (Fullmetal Alchemist). Super happy that the priest is final back, probably for good.

That was the ugliest piece of stinky midget shit that has ever made an appearance in this show.
Aug 3, 2020 4:33 AM

May 2016
Vash only wants to live peacefully with people who accepts him for who he is and he was able to have a taste of that thanks to Granny and Lina but his past and notoriety continues to haunt the guy and hurt those around him... I'm kinda glad that Wolfwood and the Insurance Girls are there for him when he needs it.

It looks like Knives was the one responsible for his arm getting blown off. He probably has a role in getting Vash's bounty to get that high aside from the things he already did that were shown.

Aug 7, 2020 8:40 PM

Mar 2020
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the evacuation order in the OP. I've been watching Trigun's opening religiously, and that small detail really caught me off guard. The shift from everyone underestimating Vash to being scared out of their minds around him is something I adore, and him being branded as the first human natural disaster is really cool.

So I guess there's a time skip now? I imagine a few years are supposed to have passed between Vash meeting Lina and now, but their relationship still feels underdeveloped. The choice Vash had between fighting for what was right and cowering in fear was interesting, but what did Legato and his posse do during the years Vash was missing? Keep in mind that Legato said he was going to destroy all of humanity within a matter of days back in episode 15.

This episode is just unnecessary filler to me. Rather than halting the excitement from episodes 15 & 16 to give context about Vash's character, I feel that his backstory should have been explored in a way which also gave way to some progression within the story.
Aug 31, 2020 6:49 PM
May 2020
Watching this series over again, I find that I really like this episode. It was happy-sad to see Vash try so hard to live a "normal" life and see why that is not possible if he is to stay true to himself.
I am also surprised about how little of the series that Nick D. Wolfwood is actually in. He seemed like one of the core four members but he doesn't officially join until this episode. Fascinating.
Sep 21, 2020 1:27 PM

Dec 2007
i was afraid and thought of some plot holes from the very first episodes but the anime took care of it well, especially after the previous nerve wrecking episode.

so wooloof cant to take vash from there, it actually fits vash living that kind of life, but when trouble comes to you no matter what it's really dangerous.

things taking turns of events better than i thought, the anime taking a good course, and i like it :)
Sep 12, 2021 12:39 PM

May 2019
Well, now we know that Knives caused the July incident and did that to Vash's arm. An 'angel arm'. Interesting.

Glad Wolfwood is a central character, he's so badass.

So Erics is Vash, you could tell by his voice. Poor Vash, he's such a sweet-hearted bean who wants to cause no violence and live peacefully.

That granny is the sweetest.

Dec 27, 2021 10:53 AM
Nov 2020
Vash the stampede and Nicholas D Wolfwood, name a more iconic duo , i dare you.
Dec 4, 2022 8:15 PM

Jan 2020
My favorite part was when Wolfwood slapped Vash in front of the doctor. It's almost insane how easy it was to pull him away from his dream,

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 21, 2023 11:13 AM
Mar 2021
emocionei legal, ate agora melhor ep.
Feb 25, 2023 7:57 PM

Apr 2016
Well, they stretched out a point they have already told about Vash caring about life and his past haunting him with some Meryl doppelganger. It was okay.
Mar 4, 2023 9:20 AM
May 2017
Skipping the fight was unnecessary.
Mar 26, 2023 5:55 AM
Jun 2014
I don't like so much the extremist point of view from two little boys.
En español, no me agrada mucho los puntos radicales de ambos niños, puesto que no está bien el pensamiento de Knives, ni de Vash.
Jun 3, 2023 5:24 AM
Jul 2014
He tried and sadly failed. Welcome back Vash
Aug 16, 2023 5:23 AM
Apr 2019
Back to back two incredible and memory episodes!!
Dec 12, 2023 10:03 AM

Mar 2022
Not as thrilling as I would've liked but it is quite an important episode to have in this show in regards to Vash in particular. He really craves the quiet life to the point that he adopts look for himself and a different name in order to not be recognised by the ones pursuing him. But of course he's haunted by his current life and he had to give up that chance just to continue living. I really didn't recognise Vash with his different hairstyle and clothes there initially. It's a pretty sad episode when you take into account that he's leaving behind Lina and the Grandma because they seemed rather broken about being separated from their Eriks. Pretty good episode regardless honestly.
May 18, 10:14 PM
Dec 2019
Another very badly paced episode. Considering that the premise of the first 12 episodes is Vash screwing around trying to avoid his past I don't think this needed to be laboured on here for a second time but it was kind of funny seeing the show doing an obligatory "OP hero becomes scared of his newfound powers" mini-arc in a show that has basically been founded entirely on that premise so far. Maybe it would've felt less redundant if Vash had've been hurt or mentally drained or something instead of speed running the start of the show.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinda disappointed ( 1 2 )

Tomi3b - Apr 5

53 by LotteGiants »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Trigun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

207 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

77 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

152 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
May 18, 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.