Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 23, 2011 9:06 PM

Jul 2009
The only acceptable way for this show to end is with Claude and Camille hooking up and Alice and Yune going off to have adventure on a dragon.

But it'll be realistic and not happen and anything else will be disappointing.
Still, I love me some Yune x Alice.
Aug 24, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2008
I love the ending for this episode. The drawings are excellent.

Alice and her imagination of Momotarou is hilarious. They should do this more often!
Aug 24, 2011 7:48 PM

Jun 2008
You guys have all seen waaay too much shitty yandere anime if you seriously thought Camille was going to lose it.

ANYWAY BEST EPISODE SO FAR<333 I frigging LOVE Camille, she's become my favourite character I think now, because she completely fascinates me and she breaks my heart too ;w; also...I saw Camille x Claude coming before they ever interacted, from the very beginning of the anime, and now I feel psychic :'D Actually it was more like I was hoping there would be something because I didn't want Claude to end up a paedophile with Yune, but whatever TOTALLY CALLED IT. XD
But god this episodeeee ;w; Claude was so mean to Camille, I know we're going to find out why next episode but it still seemed unnecessary, I wanted to slap him D:<
but oh, Alice's story ;w; that got me the most, I think. So fricking cute. And Camille's reactions to everything she said. Alice is such a doll.

aaand, I don't think it would be reading too deeply into it to say there are a LOT of underlying themes of sexism and feminism in this show, and they're becoming more evident now. And I love that about this. It would be a fantastic show without all that, but those themes just give it some extra depth on top of all the HNNNGH YUNE. XD
Aug 24, 2011 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
Smochi said:

But god this episodeeee ;w; Claude was so mean to Camille, I know we're going to find out why next episode but it still seemed unnecessary, I wanted to slap him D:<

you should think from claude standpoint before making such judgments. he is discriminated because he isn't part of a royal family nor is he rich. to have a friend turn on you just because your poor, it's tough. Claude has every reason to be reserved. we don't even know what she did to him yet.

just a possibility:
after saying that it would be nice if they could marry Camille goes and marries a random dude for benefit.....imagine how u'd feel.
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Aug 25, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
Camille's family is probably not the aristocracy--they soil their hands with actual business, so they are likely very successful bourgeoise. As for Claude, as an artisan with a shop he is a member of the petite bourgeoise, so if by some fluke he were to make his fortune Camille would not be beyond his reach.

At this time the expectation would be that although Camille would marry into another bourgeoise family (or possibly even an impoverished aristocratic family) both she and her husband would be free to take other lovers (the husband would likely have a series of mistresses who might or might not be married to other people). This might not be that much different from the elites of other societies, but the level of hypocrisy was less in French society. This was also the era which coined such terms as French kiss, French letter (condom), French (erotic) postcard, etc. Read Zola's Germinal or Nana if you want a contemporary commentary on class relations and sex in French society.

It strikes me that although this is the society she has grown up in, Camille is not particularly happy with it, nor with how she will be constrained by it. She really does envy Alice's freedom, and she still has feelings for Claude. So I guess I'm shipping Claude x Camille (although France was also significantly less racist than other countries (although perhaps more anti-semitic) so I could see Claude x Yune as well).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 25, 2011 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't get to read all the messages from the thread yet so i don't know if someone already said that. But when Yune put the dress she chose on Alice's house, Camille says: "That dress was the dress i was wearing when i was listening to Alice's story about the dragon." However Alice was the one wearing the dress, not her. Was it a translation mistake or was Camille lying so Yune would use the dress without complaints?

First picture is when she says that, and the second one is Alice wearing the dress.
Aug 25, 2011 8:30 AM

Nov 2008
rodac said:
Camille's family is probably not the aristocracy--they soil their hands with actual business, so they are likely very successful bourgeoise. As for Claude, as an artisan with a shop he is a member of the petite bourgeoise, so if by some fluke he were to make his fortune Camille would not be beyond his reach.

There's a good chance her family is from the lower aristocracy, there's no way bourgeoise can be that successful, that mansion is huge.

Aug 25, 2011 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
I believe next episode Camille will get some hate, because she will continue her quote " even when i marry, come over to play with me" which basically implies the meaning "ill never be able to marry you, so how about we become lovers".
but honestly i do not believe its wrong what she said. she really loves him, its obvious she didnt want to loose him. Of course if she could choose, she would marry him right away T_T
Claude got all pissed just to remember that, because he obviously had feelings for her and most likely he wanted to marry her and be her husband, not a lover. But thinking in Camille´s side, she lives restrained by the society rules and her family laws since her childhood, its obvious she is unhappy and miserable about it, but is also clear that she is accepting her fate like a "proper lady" should do. she wont do anything to release herself, thats why, the only way possible for her to be free and to be with Claude would be, Claude to get the first step, and run away together with her or something like that. but then...Camille wouldnt be able to see her sister ever again T_T (not to mention, she would live a really... fugitive modest humble life, because Claude is kinda poor).
I would really like to see Camille x Claude, but im not seeing that happening. Yune has more chances with him (when she grows up) than Camille.

anyway, Yune is so adorable~~~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 25, 2011 9:15 AM

Jun 2008
Liinah said:
I didn't get to read all the messages from the thread yet so i don't know if someone already said that. But when Yune put the dress she chose on Alice's house, Camille says: "That dress was the dress i was wearing when i was listening to Alice's story about the dragon." However Alice was the one wearing the dress, not her. Was it a translation mistake or was Camille lying so Yune would use the dress without complaints?

First picture is when she says that, and the second one is Alice wearing the dress.

Bad translation. Camille said "alice was wearing that dress" . The translator version u watched made a mistake, lol.
Hoppy said:
rodac said:

There's a good chance her family is from the lower aristocracy, there's no way bourgeoise can be that successful, that mansion is huge.

No. Bourgeoise in that time, some of them became reallllly rich, and so many of them married nobles who needed money. That way they would ascend to noblesse and the nobles would get the money they needed.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 25, 2011 4:48 PM

Dec 2009
@Orulyon I see, thanks. C:

I still think Camille somehow will end up with Claude. I don't really see YunexClaude happening here.
Aug 25, 2011 8:42 PM

Jan 2010
I love Camille at the first sight! I never expected she will have an important role on this show..... Glad she has now XD
Aug 26, 2011 5:56 PM

May 2011
The cat metaphors were rather cute, as were Yune and Alice. ^_^

I like Camille. I had hoped that the Camille/Claude flashbacks would be in this ep, though, but them meeting was good enough for now, I suppose. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Aug 26, 2011 8:32 PM
Aug 2011
Orulyon said:
I believe next episode Camille will get some hate, because she will continue her quote " even when i marry, come over to play with me" which basically implies the meaning "ill never be able to marry you, so how about we become lovers".
but honestly i do not believe its wrong what she said. she really loves him, its obvious she didnt want to loose him. Of course if she could choose, she would marry him right away T_T
Claude got all pissed just to remember that, because he obviously had feelings for her and most likely he wanted to marry her and be her husband, not a lover. But thinking in Camille´s side, she lives restrained by the society rules and her family laws since her childhood, its obvious she is unhappy and miserable about it, but is also clear that she is accepting her fate like a "proper lady" should do. she wont do anything to release herself, thats why, the only way possible for her to be free and to be with Claude would be, Claude to get the first step, and run away together with her or something like that. but then...Camille wouldnt be able to see her sister ever again T_T (not to mention, she would live a really... fugitive modest humble life, because Claude is kinda poor).
I would really like to see Camille x Claude, but im not seeing that happening. Yune has more chances with him (when she grows up) than Camille.

anyway, Yune is so adorable~~~

Let me first be honest and straight by saying I absolutely love Yune for being such an honest, kind and gentle spirit towards others. But as far as romantic affiliations with Claude are concerned, it is nothing but a fan speculation and assumption. Everything that we have seen so far from the manga series to the anime, there is no such overt indication that suggests a romantic involvement between them, only a beautiful brother and sister relationship. Sure she blushes at times to him, but remember she also does that towards Oscar, Alice and Camille whenever they are trying to praise her or make her feel comfortable that doesn't mean there is something romantic about it.

Whatever we've seen from Yune is constantly trying to please Claude and fitting in with the people of France and also becoming friends with a street urchin. One can assume from the kiss she gave him that she likes him and how he reacted to that, does that mean there's something romantic about that? If there were any such suggestions or implications about romance between Claude and Yune, we would have seen it by now like Claude x Camille. Umtil that happens, we can't say for sure that Yune x Claude has a chance just because a couple of fans say so.

BTW thnx for posting Chapter 7, love to read Chapter 8 as soon as you post it.
Aug 26, 2011 11:47 PM
Apr 2011
Camille X Claude my OTP.

I don't usually ship.
Aug 27, 2011 2:28 AM

Mar 2009
This is such a fantastic show. Definitely the best episode yet.
Aug 27, 2011 6:48 AM

May 2010
Okay this time they are showing us about Alice and what she likes which is sweet however I'm more interested about Claude and Camille past and relationship !!
Aug 29, 2011 5:00 AM
May 2009
I guess I'm on the same page as everyone, interested in Claude and Camille's relationship
Sep 6, 2011 8:48 AM

Jan 2008
I really like Alice. She is a young girl that goes her own way, despite what society might want her to be like. She questions her role as a woman in her time and has a very strong sense of self. I didn't expect myself to like her as much as I do, but she's awesome!
Sep 6, 2011 11:56 PM

Jan 2011
lostty said:
I really like Alice. She is a young girl that goes her own way, despite what society might want her to be like. She questions her role as a woman in her time and has a very strong sense of self. I didn't expect myself to like her as much as I do, but she's awesome!

her (seemingly) random hate for Cloud kinda irritates me, but i do agree that she is a respectable girl/individual
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Sep 21, 2011 8:55 PM

Jan 2010
I'm quite happy with how the characters are being handled in this series.

More thoughts here on my blog post for this episode.
Oct 11, 2011 5:14 PM

Jun 2011
This episode focuses on Alice's &amp; Camille's past and also Yune's visit to the Blanche's. I like how Alice version of Momotaro.

Get the tension feeling between Claude &amp; Camille, which probably will be elaborate more in the next episode.

Like always, Oscar decided to skip his work once Alan came.
Oct 14, 2011 9:34 AM

May 2010
Camille already knows that her freedom is restrained since her childhood. Interesting.

Good thing next ep provides more Camille and Claude. :)
Jan 28, 2012 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
I don't see any appeal in Camille, TBH.
May 22, 2012 3:44 PM

May 2012
AlicexYune FTW!

Alice's story was like fortune telling o_o

Looks like lots of other people grew to like Alice later on. I liked her from the start, but a lot of people thought of her as annoying earlier on it seems

Ah well, I knew how Alice really was. What Claude said about her couldn't have been further from the truth. She's not manipulating Yune in any way, she's just trying to learn more about Yune's culture, and sharing her own culture with Yune. considering Paris' culture was the sole reason Yune came, it really fits.

Camille and Claude have a much more temptuous relationship, but I feel like it could work out at some point in the future. I wonder how having Alice own the Galerie Du Roy will come into the picture later though?

Just loving this show soooo much!

I hope Alice gets her dream eventually! Even if it's not right away, I'm sure it could be possible later on. Just like Camille said, the place doesn't suit her. So, Yune needs to take Alice away to some place~
Aug 1, 2012 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
i love seeing the Claude and Camille relationship, i hope it actually goes somewhere.
Aug 23, 2012 11:24 AM

May 2012
Nice episode the ending was very lovely! especially the story from the past with the dragon!
Aug 23, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
Wow... beautiful episode.

Camille is so awesome!
Sep 9, 2012 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
Alice's story is amazingly cute.
Aug 14, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
Best episode as of yet, I really loved the depiction of Camille's complicated feeling towards Claude, Yune and YunexClaude. I would actually watch a show just about her struggles.

Also, a maid finally spoke! And Alice was actually cute when she was little. Great episode. 5/5.
Oct 13, 2013 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is quite captivating for me. From start to finish I'm completely engaged
Mar 7, 2014 7:10 AM

Dec 2012
It was nice to see Alice and Yune's bond get deeper through the stories (and hilarious how Alice couldn't follow them). Camille initially seemed jealous of Yune but they ended on a good note. Although she still thinks Yune will fall in love with Claude.
Mar 22, 2014 2:54 AM

Sep 2012
Camille is seriously like a bird trapped in a cage.

Again, great ending song.
Apr 5, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
The more we get to know Camille, the more I feel sorry for her >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 30, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2012
The only thing this episode lacked was showing Alan and Oscar drinking merrily during the ending song. It had a little final episode feel to it, but I'm glad this isn't the end yet.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Feb 15, 2015 3:13 PM

Apr 2014
Claude and Camille's past.
Camille's selfish wish for them to play again even if she is married to another man.
Alice's imagination seem like it's about Yune.
Jun 17, 2015 10:13 AM

Aug 2007
Camille really makes me uncomfortable.
Though both Claude and her share similar bitterness and rudeness with hidden kindness... Her honesty seems almost intentionally cutting.

I'm not sure if this is so Yune can learn the realities of the world and how the world isn't as free as it appears, but I feel like Camille does it in the wrong way? Claude apologizes when he is harsh because he's rough around the edges. Camille seems like she is well aware of how she is and wants her words to create an almost negative impact.

Aug 2, 2015 12:09 PM

Jul 2012
What a powerful episode. I really love the depth in this show and it's characters. The metaphors are gorgeous and the parallels between Camille to Yune are so well done. I hope the show can end on a good point.

Will bump score to 8/10 as long as this consistency stays.
Mar 21, 2017 9:57 AM

Apr 2009
Alice-chan can see the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2020 6:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Camille still loves Claude, but apparently it's not the case for him anymore, she seems to be a very interesting characters and the whole thing with Yune was great
Feb 3, 2021 4:25 PM

Jan 2021
Can’t wait for the next episode.
Mar 3, 2021 1:01 AM

Aug 2015
wow, seriously, am i the only one who don't like Camille and Alice? yes, Camille is rude and so jealous of Yune, being rude and being honest do not exclude each other (still i don't understand which part of "do not smile because you look just dumb" or sth like that is the honest one). i feel bad for her, but somehow i don't want her to end up with Claude
Alice on the other hand just started to like Yune just because she's japanese... it kinda reminds me of this creepy side of otakus

still i feel there will be no romance at all
dyof00Mar 3, 2021 4:04 AM
Jun 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Aug 2018
great episode. There was definitely subtext to the conversation between Camile and Yune but I'm too dumb to understand it. Hopefully things will become more clear later on.

Gosh, this anime is going to be over soon. :(
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jul 3, 2011

210 by WatchTillTandava »»
Nov 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 18, 2011

106 by MyllerPhiem »»
Nov 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2011

47 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:39 PM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2011

46 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:33 PM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Aug 28, 2011

63 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.