Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 4, 2011 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saya trying to control her power... seems to be out of control?

And wow, the old monster appearing in front of people at the end. I guess needs to find a way to fight without her knowing or something like that.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 4, 2011 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
Excellent episode! Things are really picking up and I love it. At first I totally loved the mysterious figure and the fog of war factor around he battle. That is until holy shit at the mysterious figure being a one eyed cyclops! I never expected that but what really caught me exciting is the following,

Now that is a EPIC eyeball burst considering the blood gore in the spoiler
the pissing was amazing! No! EPIC! Better then other ones. Too bad one of the civilians caught her fight but that just means things change around since before no civilians saw this except for the last episode. But no witnesses were left. This time there is one.

Holy shit at the end! A monster erupt behind one of the twins in the following,

OMG! Saya protects her but if she fights then that twin will know her true self. WTF are you going to do Saya to protect her and please no BS that she will die or I RAGE. I doubt she will die but harm also makes me RAGE. The twins are just too cute to be harmed.

Few things caught my interest
  • For one the dog in the following spoiler
    for the fact that Saya loses her consciousness for some time after it appears may mean that this dog is a holy being making Saya forget of the fight and perhaps a calmer for Saya’s instincts. IMO only something that is Saint or highly spiritual like that dog can do a KO on Saya mentally speaking.

• Loved it when one of the twins does visit Saya in her shrine in the spoiler
    that was rather nice since none of the twins did this so far.

• From the looks of cute despite pitiful was Saya in the spoiler
    I can highly say that her memories from the past are her! It’s not her mother but the fact is that those memories are too much for her. They awaken her vampire blood instincts and moreover make her suffer with bad trauma. Saya is essentially a condemned person to fight off demons with those memories. Now question is WTF started all of this in the first person? What is thee trauma that did all this.
What a freaking cliffhanger at the end! Those who drop this one I feel sorry for you! At least follow my rule, 6 episodes and then drop. Anyway next episode is going to be EPIC! Anything to protect the twins is EPIC anyway. :D

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 4, 2011 11:53 AM

Jun 2008
Lol seriously?
The cafe guy came to fetch her to eat? Yes there's definitely something in his food xD

Even if things are actually happening now, they seem to always happen the same way -_- Her dad gives her the sword, she runs around for five minutes...

Well. I'm not going to watch anymore of this raw lol. I'm not looking forward to the Ghost stories part, I thought it'd be in the begining of the episode -_-
Aug 4, 2011 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
I like the twins so I don't want anything bad to happen to Nene but the preview made it seem like the twins (or at least one of them) is something else... The preview also makes the next episode look pretty good.
Aug 4, 2011 12:08 PM

Oct 2008
Heart rate before watching episode: 60
Heart rate 3 minutes into episode: 30
Heart rate 5 minutes into episode: 10
Condition when the mid-point is reached: Hospitalized
Aug 4, 2011 12:23 PM
Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
Heart rate before watching episode: 60
Heart rate 3 minutes into episode: 30
Heart rate 5 minutes into episode: 10
Condition when the mid-point is reached: Hospitalized

I like how, despite claiming this show is so terrible, you still watch it so eagerly every week then come to the forums to talk about it.

I also like how Saya gets gets hit on her boobs. lol Production IG.
Aug 4, 2011 12:58 PM

Jan 2009
This was a great episode! It ended to soon XD

Toki....♥ A little Saya --> Toki in this episode.

Yumekichi11 said:
I can highly say that her memories from the past are her! It’s not her mother but the fact is that those memories are too much for her. They awaken her vampire blood instincts and moreover make her suffer with bad trauma. Saya is essentially a condemned person to fight off demons with those memories. Now question is WTF started all of this in the first person? What is thee trauma that did all this.

I'm starting to think that also. But does this mean that she's a reincarnation? I mean, Saya has memories of being a child, growing up with her mother and father... Or could she have been injected with the blood in those Galileo thermometers - that might hold the memories of past "Saya's" - when she was a baby, or a little older?
Aug 4, 2011 1:07 PM
Apr 2010
Here's what I think: Saya is half-monster. Saya has in her both her mom's blood and the blood of the monster that killed her mom.
Aug 4, 2011 1:10 PM

Aug 2011
why did i read this thread before watching it T_T
Aug 4, 2011 1:17 PM

Jan 2009
foxnewsnetwork said:
Here's what I think: Saya is half-monster. Saya has in her both her mom's blood and the blood of the monster that killed her mom.

Ah! I forgot about that one! Brain fog XD I said in the last episode thread that Saya could inherit the memories of fighting these monsters through her moms blood, since Saya's dad said that her mom also fought these monsters.
Aug 4, 2011 1:26 PM

Sep 2008
I guess KYOU WA II TENKI JA NAI!

Honestly, I found the episode entertaining, especially when she ditched the sword.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2011 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
LadyOrihime said:
This was a great episode! It ended to soon XD

Toki....♥ A little Saya --> Toki in this episode.

Yumekichi11 said:
I'm starting to think that also. But does this mean that she's a reincarnation?
It's possible but I am thinking more that her pasts are sealed whenever in any of them she cannot not take it anymore and goes wild. IMO Saya may be immortal to a certain extent like vampires are.
LadyOrihime said:
I mean, Saya has memories of being a child, growing up with her mother and father...
I don't remember this being shown but if yes then she would be not immortal like I though but more born normally having immortality as part of what her mother had as powers.
LadyOrihime said:
Or could she have been injected with the blood in those Galileo thermometers - that might hold the memories of past "Saya's" - when she was a baby, or a little older?
That would imply her being a clone and I don't think so but I do think that to awaken her powers blood that hold memories may be injected into her.

It was nice to reply to you TBH and those are just IMO.

Aug 4, 2011 1:49 PM
Apr 2011
haters are gonna hate, this series is starting to get exciting...
Aug 4, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't remember this being shown but if yes then she would be not immortal like I though but more born normally having immortality as part of what her mother had as powers.

It was nice to reply to you TBH and those are just IMO.

Oh, I know ;)

She talks about her mom with Yuuka, Nono, and Nene in episode 1, after playing basketball:

"I remember mum passed away when I was about to enter primary school. Fumito-san made a bento to cheer me up."
Aug 4, 2011 2:07 PM

May 2011
I'm lovin this series now I can't wait till next week!
Aug 4, 2011 2:09 PM
Jan 2011
Wow she used the eye poking as a way to kill the monster.
Aug 4, 2011 2:13 PM
Jul 2008
I still hate the fighting scenes.
Aug 4, 2011 2:18 PM

Oct 2010
Nasty001 said:
Wow she used the eye poking as a way to kill the monster.
Nah, it's more like fist poking. Hmmmmmmmmm, fisting the eye.

Aug 4, 2011 2:22 PM

Sep 2010
foxnewsnetwork said:

Wouldn't that make her 1/3 monster? Unless the monster is her father. But Saya being a monster either partly or full blooded isn't much of a guess for this series.

Anyway. The cafe guy was touchy and overbearing as usual, the artsy screen-flashes(a la the last season of Kenshin and cheapo NGE finale style) with voice over was ominous as usual, the scary story at school was just a recap that was about to go somewhere but didn't. =/ Oh well I have higher hopes for the next episodes daytime attack and their next chance to unveil the mystery behind the plot.

Ne ne Haruhi Saya can you tell us apart? Ahh twin tropes.

Aug 4, 2011 2:27 PM

Jun 2011
Oohoho. It's steadily becoming decent. Now that it's got more gory fightscenes + plot development and less boring school life I might actually enjoy this show more.
Aug 4, 2011 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
OOO wao the dog XD

and tokizane so worried so cuteee they have to marry really XD

mm poor saya what's happening to her I mean she really not remember when she battles or what I mean she goes for the battle very out of her will so?

mm I want to see moreeeee
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Aug 4, 2011 3:15 PM
Apr 2010
It seems every episode, Fumito cops a feel on Saya. Not only that, but with each episode, he gets gutsier and touches Saya longer lol.
Aug 4, 2011 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
No singing!!! My prayers have been answered! One of the better episodes so far. The monsters are coming out into the open and Saya will have to defend a classmate. The teacher warned Nene if she told the story it would happen to her...I wonder if the teacher is human?

Looks like some of the mysteries will be revealed and it also looks like civilian death toll will rise next episode...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 4, 2011 3:56 PM

Sep 2010
The teacher warned Nene if she told the story it would happen to her

The teacher didn't say it would happen to Nene.

Aug 4, 2011 4:52 PM
Nov 2010
So, we get some info in the form of a ghost story. The monsters are hinted to have human forms and based on the preview the twins(or at least one of them)are monsters.

Its nice that Saya didn't act so clumsy in this episode and that she didn't sing. Though with the fact that whatever is repressing her memories seems to wearing off, its logical she wasn't so happy-go-lucky.

The covenant seems to be some kind of promise between the humans and the monsters. I'm expecting something along the lines of "you can eat the people of this village but not of the outside world".

2/5 but preview seems interesting so it goes to 3/5
Aug 4, 2011 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
SHIT JUST GOT REAL. This anime is starting to get REALLY weird and strange. And that is the only thing keeping me stuck to it, so I can see how it ends. I think we are going for a very confusing and messed up ending.
Aug 4, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
^ Probably. We still have a movie to look forward to next year, which will wrap everything up.
Aug 4, 2011 5:21 PM

Apr 2011
Enjoying the series more now, theyre really stretching the mystery aspect of that covenant the monsters keep insisting she honor. I'm sure the homeroom teacher knows about Saya and the monsters, she almost told us what the covenant was but then Saya passed out at the most inopportune time. Well, I suppose the most inopportunate time would've been while fighting the eyeball monster, or while trying to save Nene from Big Blue, but still.

Nice action and the blood content remains high (that's what the show's named for after all), hope the show continues ramping up the pace and the fights. The next ep preview shows Saya getting her ass beat and there seems to be an extra twin running around ...

4/5
Aug 4, 2011 5:25 PM

Oct 2010
Z-flame said:
So, we get some info in the form of a ghost story. The monsters are hinted to have human forms and based on the preview the twins(or at least one of them)are monsters.
Oh God you just reminded me of my fear for next episode and there is also like lots of innocent people being killed off cause the monster appears in the downtown.

WTF, why do this to the twins? They are totally the best in the show. This will be a gloomy day next week for this series.

Aug 4, 2011 5:29 PM

Mar 2008
No blood C next week ...........
Aug 4, 2011 5:57 PM
Sep 2009
Well then, seems like my patience might just be rewarded; it's actually getting interesting. Cryptic intrigue is the draw here, the characters honestly bore me and when its just them hanging around school or the cafe I start spacing out; but whenever the mystery rears its head, the show suddenly gets more interesting. My opinion is that the show is still so-so, I mean, I want to know what is going on... but I hardly care for the characters; the monster attacking one of the twins didn't phase me at all, the only thought that popped into my head was "Oh goodie, another fight."
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Aug 4, 2011 6:12 PM

Jun 2008
dragonshade said:

Really? It's episode 5 and they're already going on break? -_- is it some kind of holiday or am I being punk'd -_-
Aug 4, 2011 6:35 PM

Jun 2008
I think Fumito is going to become Saya´s stalker XP, seriously, i bet that guy knows some secret stuff yet to reveal.

So Tokizane now feels so close to Saya...
i bet he has something to do with the stalker dog. That dog is plain weird, i bet he can talk XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 4, 2011 7:04 PM

May 2011
I think the dog is the teacher as they have the same color hair/fur
Aug 4, 2011 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Even after hearing the story when that monster popped up right after she said that i was like Holy SH** please don't kill one of the twins there the only people i like in this show!.

PS no singing is nice :).
Aug 4, 2011 7:20 PM
Aug 2011
From saya's memories it looks like they where from blood +, tokiznai also reminds me of hagi
Aug 4, 2011 8:25 PM
Jun 2009
God damn cliff hangers >.> I almost broke my monitor
Aug 4, 2011 8:34 PM

Mar 2009
WTF. NO SINGING?!
Aug 4, 2011 8:40 PM

Jul 2011
Finally, things are actually getting in gear.
Aug 4, 2011 9:23 PM

Jul 2010
this episode was slightly better
i wonder whats with the dog as he does not look like a regular dog
also the fact that she killed that monster barehand was nice
i also wonder how saya will deal with the monster popping up at the end
and i hope the twin doesnt get hurt
Aug 4, 2011 9:39 PM

Feb 2010
pretty good episode.. best so far imo.

Can't wait to learn more about her father, the teacher, & cafe' owner - so many secrets in this village.
Aug 4, 2011 9:45 PM

May 2011
fucking elder fucking bairns fucking cliffhanger I NEED MORE BLOOD-C NOWS!
Aug 4, 2011 11:12 PM

Aug 2010
Finally I feel like things are starting to pick up. Best episode so far I just hope it can keep it up.

Yay for no singing!! ^_^
Aug 5, 2011 1:51 AM

Apr 2011
This is the best episode so far. Saya is tortured by bad memories. And we could see a monster in human form. It turned out that there was a covenant between monsters and humans, but humans breached the contract. The dog seems to play an important role.
And why does the teacher know so much about the monsters?
Aug 5, 2011 2:05 AM

Apr 2010
Had to drop the show, couldn't bare to destroy myself like that. Blood+ was disappointing but still good, but this makes that look like Code Geass. I had high hopes for this too, ah well, you win some you lose some!
Aug 5, 2011 2:49 AM

Jan 2009
goodapollo27 said:
From saya's memories it looks like they where from blood +, tokiznai also reminds me of hagi

They're from "Blood: The Last Vampire", not "Blood+". BTLV and B+ are alternate universes, whereas B-C is in the same universe as BTLV.

dragonshade said:

Where did you hear that? No news on it here at MAL, and ANN says there will be an episode next week...
Aug 5, 2011 3:07 AM

Oct 2009
i like the singing actually. i find it cute and catchy :P *dodges a rock*

and the idea of Sensei being that doggie is intriguing! *shifty eyes*

when Saya passed that construction site and thought that she had been there, it seemed she didint really remember it, but i cant decide, cuz she kinda had reflecting flash-backs. oh well.

i cant decide who is this Sayas Haji, Fumito or Tokizane XD like, who cares more. Tokizane seems to fit the profile more, and i think Fumito knows something and is adding stuff to her food XD hes a sneaky little cutey-pie XD

and maybe i should watch BTLV, if its true that this Blood-C is the same universe.

im thinking that memory glitching is like awakening for real, and we will see her tormented over that past and only then get the resolve to fight on and be the hero. XD

i loved B+ plot, the only setback was Saya having doubts so often and not being able to pull herself together.

ok, shutting up.
Aug 5, 2011 3:13 AM
Mar 2011
they wasted about 3 and a half episodes...in a 12 episode anime.
Aug 5, 2011 4:27 AM

Apr 2010
Agree with you Lariela, plot was good, but Saya's doubts and how her and Haji getting their ass beaten severely every time they fought was annoying!
Aug 5, 2011 5:44 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, they referenced to Blood: The Last Vampire a lot during this episode. I'm glad I watched that movie before watching this.
This episode was actually really good, but the fighting scenes are a bit... well, I expected them to be better. Action is supposed to put you on the edge of your seat, but that's not what Blood-C's achieved at all.
But at least the story's getting interesting. And I seriously let out a small scream when that monster appeared behind Nene, lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.