Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2011 12:47 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did you watch it? Did you like it? =3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 23, 2012 9:53 PM

Nov 2007
I wanna watch, too.

Wow, when they have a character or two that needs to extinct the difference, they did well (rabbit and the twins) because they have done those two voices before, and can hear the difference!! Interesting that they use the concept of trump cards. lol @ the twins growing up!

They shows every character as good and unique characters with something to worry... Even Blood, the character who pissed me in manga, is adorable in anime, though. Maybe because the movie simplified everything? And seems like it's a mess, but lol @ at the end after ending (the reveal of who stole the bottle/Alice's heart to trap her there).

Manga scans at the end!!

OP: "Wonderful Wonder World" by Hisano (ヒサノ)
ED: "Meikyuu no Mangekyou (迷宮の万華鏡)" by Quin Rose
tsubasaloverMar 5, 2012 11:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 2, 2012 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
Somehow it was really strange...

I know they wanted to make it all dream-like (and it really was), but they could kept the storyline at last. I was really looking forward to this as I both played the game and read manga. It was really original and nice, but the story in manga was really good, so I don't get why they didn't adapt it. It really had NO story at all and everything was maybe /too/ random as they abandoned the whole concept of story.

Animation was nice, but it was different from the trailer. It had really nice smooth shading in trailer and in the movie it was really ordinary and stereotypical. Nothing new.

There was almost no Elliot. Blood and Peter had too much screentime imho (not to talk about Vivaldi), and it was all wasted on the meaningless bishie pick-up lines.
There was waaay too much random running, flashbacks, staring at everything and so on. Also, they made Ace look too villain-ish without explaining anything (but yeah, I loved him anyway). There could be more Boris and Julius.

But intersting is that they made me like Blood, even though he quite pissed me off in the game and manga.

And the end was... meh. Cliché as hell.

No plot or story at all, no explanation of the world, no characters introduction, everything was way too random and rushed, no proper end. OST was nice, but could be better. Artstyle and animation could be alot better. Loved the seiyuus though..... so 6/10 for me.

In short: you won't get this movie at all if you didn't read the manga/played the game, but it isn't that big waste of time to watch it anyway.Maybe if you want to drool over random bishies fighting, bleeding and randomly running in around random sceneries, this is your thing.
isnariaApr 2, 2012 5:44 AM
Jun 2, 2012 6:34 AM

Aug 2010
Finally got around to watching this, let's see how I fare without playing the games/reading the manga
so to start off, wow the animation was pretty good but this clearly isn't fit to be made into a 1 hour 30 min movie like this .__. the lack of screentime for Boris and Julius is quite disappointing as I found them to be interesting chars and while I'm at it, like isnaria said, Blood and Peter got WAAAAY too much screen time, it was totally Blood x Alice lawl
The twins also played almost 0 role in the actual mid part of the movie/"plot" and well, they jump around places a lot which makes understanding the movie really hard
The end, for the love of....really >_>;? Boushiya-san is a sneaky loser -__- that joker laugh kinda freaked me out a bit though
7/10 for me, liked the characters and animations, poor execution overall
Jun 4, 2012 7:54 AM

Oct 2008
Is there an english subber for this series?

Jun 6, 2012 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
lol wtf did I just watch? there was fighting and stuff but overall no plot. xD
at least it was colorful..
Jun 26, 2012 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
I watched a half hour, then became tired, because it was late, then went to bed,
after I watch till the end, I thought: what have I watched, what was this about.
I actually only enjoyed Ishida Akira as the Joker and the Chesire cat Boris (don't know his voice actor, forgot his name) the Dum and Dee twin voiced by Fukuyama Jun was also cute. well my expectations were too high I think, thought it was better
at the there was: END. <- why that dot? then it became END..? that's so annoying for m e>.<
xxanimeeeJun 27, 2012 10:06 AM
Jun 26, 2012 9:44 PM

Aug 2010
I thought they could have focused the story a little more but it was still enjoyable. They balanced the high number of characters and seemed to give them all some time in the movie where you could come to understand who they were exactly.
Jun 26, 2012 11:02 PM

Oct 2011
ohwow! this was HORIBLE not even like the manga,even so it was horible!
Jun 27, 2012 1:38 AM

Nov 2007
Avato-chan said:
ohwow! this was HORIBLE

I will have to second you on that.

Jun 27, 2012 6:03 AM
Mar 2011
For someone that didn't read the manga, I didn't understand what was going on. One minute she was running and the next min she's at another place. Also, what's with the lift scene, going up and down so slowly.. Is it like a past memory recap? It didn't really quite flow in for me. So would be glad if someone can answer my questions.
Jun 27, 2012 8:37 AM

May 2009
I didn't played the game yet but this is so different from the manga .__.
Jun 27, 2012 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
This is worthy of Alice in Wonderland simply because i hardly understood what the hell happened- and i read enough of the manga to at least know the main plot. Can't imagine what it's like watching this when this is your first impression. Kinda disappointing. I wasn't that much of a fan of some of the seiyuu either. They just didn't fit for some characters.

On the semi-upside those credits might have been more entertaining than the entire movie. Final scene with Blood and that one guy who's name escapes me even though i just finished watching it was pretty cool.

All in all this was way different than the manga... I could have sworn Blood was supposed to be an asshole towards Alice.
Jun 27, 2012 7:01 PM

Jul 2010
The movie is based more around the game than the manga, which is just something that the author made up on her own. The two (movie and manga) are almost totally independent of each other, so the people saying "this is was nothing like the manga!", well, it's not supposed to be like the manga.

However, I was thoroughly confused for much of the movie, even though I played a few of the games.
Translator for EveTaku/NyanTaku! Feedback is much appreciated.
http://evetaku.com/blog/
http://takeit-home.livejournal.com/
Jun 27, 2012 7:11 PM

Dec 2009
I've come to realize that my first mistake, besides clicking "Play," is that I haven't played the game, or read the manga.

My second and third mistakes? I attempted to watch it twice.

I caught on to the whole dream-like quality deal; however, why the writers chose to play with the worst aspects (inconsistent chronological arcs, for one) of dreaming is utterly beyond me.

What a waste of time!
Jun 27, 2012 10:43 PM
Apr 2011
If it is what you said, takeihome, this movie is still a bit of a mess.

HiyuuT said:

liked the characters and animations, poor execution overall
Jun 28, 2012 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
That was really bad. Also, Alice was somewhat off, unlike her manga personality.

Too bad; If it was a TV series and along a good director, this would have been great.
Jun 29, 2012 1:01 AM

Jun 2010
I don't know what's happening there until the half.
LOL
Jul 1, 2012 7:47 AM

Dec 2009
shitty adaptation... the voice acting was the only + ...
Jul 1, 2012 5:16 PM
Feb 2009
Uhm i didnt read the manga or played the game.
I normaly rate animes not under 2.
But this one made me do it.
You can make a confusing timeline and tell in a unexpected way.
But this throws it completly.
Maybe they cut the Manga in to pieces, played "32 pick up" and then said: "uh duuh, i dont know how to put the game in"

I just enjoyed that i find out most of the seiyuu's (and i'm a big fan of nightmares seiyuu ;) ) But thats not what you should expect from an Anime.
Jul 3, 2012 8:50 AM
Jan 2011
"What The Fuck Did I Just Watch: The Animation".
I seriously don't get this movie. A really shitty adaptation, as you all say.
Maybe a TV series would do better?
Well, there's allways a chance they'll make an OAV... or another film. Though that would be a disaster.
Well, for now I'll just continue with the manga.
Jul 10, 2012 6:17 AM

Jul 2011
That. was F**king. AWFUL.
Terribad, and wasn't even that kind of terribad that makes you laugh like some OVAs from Idea Factory. The script was so terrible in a way that felt offensive.

It's not like they tried to do something more psychological changing from scene to scene. They seemed like didn't have any idea of what to do with the source material.
Some characters had their personalities changed, others got a ridiculous amount of screen time. The character design was generic (I remember thta the manga had a beautiful art, but the movie looks too... plain), the animation and backgrounds looked just like some commom art for TV anime and the dub was most terrible (alice was ok and Boris was great, but who said Boris got some good role? Also Peter and Ace sucked).

One of the worst things I ever watched, really. For those who like the game or manga, it's a offensive and purposeless adaptation; for those who are "newcomers" on the franchise, It 'll make even less sense.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jul 14, 2012 2:28 AM

Jul 2010
Oh wow... I don't even know where to start. XD As someone who hasn't played the games or read the manga, I was really confused during the whole thing. I watched the film not knowing anything about the plot and even after finishing I still don't think I really understand what the plot was. ^^; I love Alice in Wonderland spin-offs though so I liked the setting, character designs and cast. I feel like I would have enjoyed the movie so much more though if the story had been more consistent, without as much jumping back and forth between different places and time periods... but maybe that was pivotal to the story? Pretty much the only plot point I understood throughout the movie was Alice searching for her vial to return home. Also, I was wondering about the final scene that said "End..?" -- does this mean there's going to be some kind of continuation in the future or was it more a reference to the story itself never ending?
Jul 14, 2012 4:30 PM

Jul 2011
chococat_xo said:
Also, I was wondering about the final scene that said "End..?" -- does this mean there's going to be some kind of continuation in the future or was it more a reference to the story itself never ending?

Sequel? Maybe just in dreams. If I remember well, the sales of this movie were ridiculous. Like, VERY ridiculous.

But well, a sequel in dreams can have more sense than this movie. I'll give you a hint: the manga is way better; there are some point in the ending that aren't well clarified (I guess people who played the game could understand this better), but at least was generally understandable (I'll give a prize for the one who understood perfectly this movie) and watch Alice wander around somewhat-psyschopath-and-with-twisted-ethics bishies was entertaining.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jul 21, 2012 11:19 PM

Feb 2010
I actually enjoyed this... yeah it wasn't anything special... but the pacing was unnerving (in a good way) and I liked it...

...maybe I'm just a slut for bishies (I mean.. Blood!?!? damn. )... but I was entertained.

Maybe a TV series or OVA would flush it out better...?
Aug 2, 2012 3:57 AM

May 2010
Heart no kuni no alice.A weird adaptation....For me,I thought it was good.For people who know the plot,I would recommend but not for other people who don't have any idea about the plot other than knowing that it is about Alice in wonderland.
Aug 3, 2012 2:46 AM

Mar 2009
Pretty characters... they open mouths, talk, look stunning and make no sense :D
Just for pretty pictures 5/10... too bad they make movies only for game fans, completely useless for other viewers. Carol's world was twisted a lot, since his characters and their actions at least barred a meaning and/or moral.
But still it was nicely animated =__= as if it makes the story better... .___.

Aug 13, 2012 7:01 PM

Feb 2011
5/10

Extremely hard to follow, it would be nice if it actually had a plot other than I NEED TO FIND MY VIAL and OH NO THEY ARE TRYING TO DO BAD THINGS.
Aug 20, 2012 6:11 PM

Dec 2008
This was worse than shit...
Sep 21, 2012 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
I really don't know how rate this anime... -.-

I am disappointed...
Overall, I did not expect this will be such bad anime!
I like Alice in Wonderland themes in anime,
but this... -.-

I don't play in this otome game and I don't read manga,
after this movie, I don't think I will start it.

Whole this time skips, flashback... -.-
Too much this, and less real plot.
Well... Alice in Wonderland is crazy story,
but this plot in this anime...
I don't know what I should think about it...

I like cast, art is also pretty cool...
music also pretty cool...

Also all this opening, two endings(?)
This is too much... -.-

I give 6/10
for cast, for art...
but I still think should I change it on 4 or 5/10?
Dec 26, 2012 11:01 PM

Jun 2011
I think this would have been better off as a TV show instead of an movie, that way the viewers wont have much of a trouble wondering what the hell was going on! I mean seriously it went right from a chase to a trial in less than an hour, I was so confused throughout the whole movie as well.
Mar 17, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2010
I love the manga series but this movie was a disappointment, I expected more about of it. This series would have been better as a anime series/OVA than movie.

The only plus were the voice actors and animation 6/10.
Aug 12, 2013 9:34 AM

Jun 2012
In the first ten minutes I hated it. The main character is annoying and stupid, but the other characters are great cause they all have unique personalities. Alice is the embodiment of a normal person, which is utterly boring. As the anime went on, I began to like it a little more. Watching the character's different sides was fun as well. Still I didn't like Alice. She was the type that I don't really like. The type who won't let unjust punishments be passed. I prefer characters who are eviler, who are more twisted, and have deep feeling. She just feels frivolous to me. At the end, I still didn't like Alice. My favorite characters were Blood, the Madhatter, cause I've always loved the Madhatter since I heard of him, and I also liked the Jokers, cause Jokers have this twisted feel to them that I just love. I really love pretty boys so I loved all the characters, the Queen is included even though she is a girl cause she was interesting, but I don't like Alice's looks nor her personality, they are way too plain. Oh yeah, the ending was awesome. Blood was the mastermind behind the missing veil. I love him. All in all, I give a 1/5 cause of Alice. Her just being the main character ruined, no her very existence ruined it. To every thing else I give a thumbs up, but in the end, all together the score I give is 3/10.
SusuBitesYouAug 12, 2013 9:49 AM
Sep 22, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2010
Well that was bad.

5/10
Nov 20, 2013 10:11 AM
Dec 2012
The art style ( I disliked the girl's eyes)... The voice acting... It just sucks...
Animation too. Gravity is a little bit messed up (well I don't know whether I supposed to be like this). It sucks. Point. I could manage to watch it for 90 minutes. But I don't think I'll ever rewatch it.
Oct 24, 2015 9:25 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I sort of liked it even if i didnt quite understand it all.
I am not coming from manga/game.
But surly will have a look on both of them.

Mar 21, 2017 10:35 AM

May 2013
Eh..... I liked it at first, but then the storyline got a little boring and the ending was odd. I guess Blood tricked Alice into staying or something? Idk. I was lowkey hoping for a reverse harem for Alice LMAO.

I did like most of the characters and there were some bishis, but it was confusing and not very well made :/

5/10 Average
Kokoro_KotashimaMar 21, 2017 10:39 AM
Jul 26, 2020 10:59 AM
Jun 2013
That is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Mar 16, 2021 3:28 AM

Nov 2015
i liked this movie, and how they don't pamper/shelter the main heroine too much as in other pedantic otome games :D see Angelique.
for those who didn't understand the plot points:

2deep4you? lmao.

💢

Jun 19, 2023 11:49 PM

Jan 2021
I didn't play the game nor did I read the manga... so I was completely lost and confused with everything that happened. I don't even know if this would be considered a bad adaptation or not, but it was very hard to follow and a bit boring in some parts.

More topics from this board

» heart no kuni FILM!

Yunicorn - Mar 19, 2011

19 by tsubasalover »»
Jul 18, 2011 6:37 AM

» No! D: ( 1 2 )

Translucent - Nov 18, 2008

53 by hamstar138 »»
Jul 16, 2011 10:28 PM

» Lewis Carroll Adaptations

renegade - Jul 13, 2008

16 by IceAndCream »»
Dec 21, 2010 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.