Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]
May 23, 2016 5:17 PM

Apr 2011
kuro_biker said:
Lotus97, 100% pencils are best for starting out ! like to draw on tablets and things u still need to know the fundamentals so starting out with a pencil and paper is highly recommended!

i know what u mean about being lazy haha i used to draw every day but now i tend to only draw for projects for school and if i really really feel like it !

What kind of drawing do you like to do ? Do u like doing characters, environments or vehicles ? or something entirely different like monsters hehe :3

Thanks for the advice. When I was younger I was trying to write a fantasy novel and planning to do illustrations. I abandoned it partially because my health has gotten worse, but I am interested in the fantasy genre.

I also like very realistic drawings and portraits of women. I've also done a bit of photography when I was younger and one of the things I liked a lot was night/low light photography so I'd probably be interested in doing that if I got good at drawing.
May 23, 2016 5:22 PM

May 2016
Lotus97 said:
kuro_biker said:
Lotus97, 100% pencils are best for starting out ! like to draw on tablets and things u still need to know the fundamentals so starting out with a pencil and paper is highly recommended!

i know what u mean about being lazy haha i used to draw every day but now i tend to only draw for projects for school and if i really really feel like it !

What kind of drawing do you like to do ? Do u like doing characters, environments or vehicles ? or something entirely different like monsters hehe :3

Thanks for the advice. When I was younger I was trying to write a fantasy novel and planning to do illustrations. I abandoned it partially because my health has gotten worse, but I am interested in the fantasy genre.

I also like very realistic drawings and portraits of women. I've also done a bit of photography when I was younger and one of the things I liked a lot was night/low light photography so I'd probably be interested in doing that if I got good at drawing.

Goodness I hope youre feeling better ! Thats so cool what was your fantasy novel about, if u dont mind me asking !

Ahhhh I love dynamic lighting like that ! That's so cool u did photography, do u still do some ?
May 23, 2016 7:10 PM

Oct 2015
I tried digging up some art... which I don't have much of 'cause I've never been really good. But I found a cute thing I drew towards the end of my Gaia days. >.< Of my avatar at that time.

May 23, 2016 8:16 PM

Apr 2013
umicorm said:
I tried digging up some art... which I don't have much of 'cause I've never been really good. But I found a cute thing I drew towards the end of my Gaia days. >.< Of my avatar at that time.

aww

that's cute ^_^
May 24, 2016 7:36 PM

Apr 2011
ODJ said:
umicorm said:

aww

that's cute ^_^

+1

@kuro_biker: I have some of my old photos and digitally modified photos (digital art) on a blog here on MAL:
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=92817

I don't want to go into too many details about the fantasy novel since it's not finished yet, but the main protagonists are a young priestess/cleric who belongs to a corrupt temple (but doesn't know about it) and an evil dark elf sorceress who is trying to get a powerful religious artifact from the cleric. They later have a romance.

My profile pic is actually sort of a rough draft of the dark elf. I didn't draw it though. It's just some things I put together in photoshop (photos, face rendered in Facegen modeller) and then I did add coloring. I know it's too saturated, but I'm too lazy to fix it because there are also a lot of other things that need fixing.
May 27, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
I haven't played Skyrim for 18 months, but I recently did play a little and I installed the Tropical Skyrim mod because I'm doing a summer update for my Youtube channel. I ended up taking several screenshots and also made a "le me rage comic" with some of them. My computer sucks so they're low res and don't have antialiasing (which removes "jaggies").

Lotus97May 27, 2016 11:39 AM
May 29, 2016 2:53 AM

Mar 2010
The problem with colour to me is that there are so many new things to consider. How to shade (with some grey/blackish colour or some complete different one)? What colours to choose to begin with, so colour composition - what colour fit together and so on.. And then there is the colour itself.. as in what it's made of.. Colour pencil, water colour, acrylics, copics, or drawn digitally.. they all need different knowledge again in regard to technique and so on.. So just using pencil is kinda easier in that regard :))

Also, nice design @kuro_biker, what game project are you planing? >:o

Aaand here are two more chibi sketches (getting closer to requests from here xP ) : Hak from Akatsuki no Yona

and Hayama Akira from Shokugeki no Souma
May 30, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 2011
Hel said:
The problem with colour to me is that there are so many new things to consider. How to shade (with some grey/blackish colour or some complete different one)? What colours to choose to begin with, so colour composition - what colour fit together and so on.. And then there is the colour itself.. as in what it's made of.. Colour pencil, water colour, acrylics, copics, or drawn digitally.. they all need different knowledge again in regard to technique and so on.. So just using pencil is kinda easier in that regard :))

Also, nice design @kuro_biker, what game project are you planing? >:o

Aaand here are two more chibi sketches (getting closer to requests from here xP ) : Hak from Akatsuki no Yona

and Hayama Akira from Shokugeki no Souma

You did a good job capturing the expressions. It really conveys the mood of each character.

I can't draw, but while I was looking for images for my Youtube channel I came across photographs of what looked like armor sets for chibis so I decided to make my own chibi character. I made some changes in Photoshop to make it look more like a drawing and also tried changing the perspective.

First draft

Changed perspective

Original photograph
Jun 6, 2016 10:19 PM

Apr 2011
My Youtube thumbnails have been taking way too long - sometimes several hours!!! I finally started looking for resources on the internet. I got a ton of fonts and just found the motherlode which contains layer styles, gradients, brushes, shapes, actions (not even sure what that is, but it's for photography so I should probably check it out)
http://inspirationfeed.com/freebies/750-free-photoshop-layer-styles/
Jun 11, 2016 10:06 AM

Mar 2010
There's so much stuff you can do with PS or get for PS.. too much for me.. :))

Sorry for being kinda slow with the chibi requests, I think I took up too many at once :P

Sakamoto from Sakamoto desu ga

Kratos from God of War

Oikawa from Haikyuu

and now finally a request from here - for @ODJ: Hitagi Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari

Next up is Smoker for @talonbone, then one more from fb requests (Wolverine) and then @Lotus97 being last.. soon soon.. xD
Jun 11, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2011
Hel said:

Sorry for being kinda slow with the chibi requests, I think I took up too many at once :P

Kratos from God of War

Oikawa from Haikyuu

and now finally a request from here - for @ODJ: Hitagi Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari

Next up is Smoker for @talonbone, then one more from fb requests (Wolverine) and then @Lotus97 being last.. soon soon.. xD

Great chibis as always. As I mentioned before, your chibis have sort of a unique look to them. Not really good or bad, just something I noticed. I've heard that with musical instruments (such as electric guitar) that while listening to a recording of a song, people who are skilled can tell whether it's the original artist or a cover by someone else.

Haha. Very true. Other than photography, Photoshop is the only medium I work with and I still don't even know how to use a lot of the basic features. And I'm generally too lazy to learn them unless it's for a specific project. And even then I usually just try to "wing it" rather than looking up a tutorial and learning how to do it properly.

For anyone who is thinking about using Photoshop (or GIMP which is a free alternative) my recommendation (aside from learning all the basic features) would be to learn the hotkeys instead of using the mouse for everything. It really saves a lot of time.
Jun 11, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Hel said:

Kratos from God of War

Oikawa from Haikyuu

Nice! You really have your own chibi style ^_^
Jun 12, 2016 4:52 AM

Mar 2010
Hehe, I'm not really one of those people who say you should come up with your own style n stuff, because I think it comes naturally just when you draw (due to your ability level and what you like n so on) and I guess that kinda 'proves' it xP
And thx to the both of you :3

Also I was motivated n completed Smoker alr >:3 @talonbone, here you go:
Jun 12, 2016 12:02 PM

Oct 2011
Hel said:
Hehe, I'm not really one of those people who say you should come up with your own style n stuff, because I think it comes naturally just when you draw (due to your ability level and what you like n so on) and I guess that kinda 'proves' it xP
And thx to the both of you :3

Also I was motivated n completed Smoker alr >:3 @talonbone, here you go:
amaaaaaazing!

Aug 5, 2016 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
@Azachi - revive this!!! :3
Nov 27, 2016 4:48 PM

Apr 2011
Someone recommended this Ira Glass comic which I found insipiring. It was in response to Youtubers feeling like giving up, but it applies to pretty much any discipline.
http://zenpencils.com/comic/90-ira-glass-advice-for-beginners/

Lotus97Feb 9, 2017 11:01 PM
Feb 9, 2017 11:18 PM

Apr 2011
I made a digital drawing of Isaac from Binding of Isaac

It was for my Binding of Isaac playthrough thumbnail on Youtube. The pumpkin I didn't draw, but it was from a free stock image site.
Feb 10, 2017 1:04 PM

May 2016
here are some of my digital drawings :3

Feb 10, 2017 5:04 PM

Jun 2016
BlueSample said:

I really like that bottom one, it's badass
Feb 11, 2017 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
BlueSample said:

Nice. That's interesting shading in the 2nd and 3rd one.
Feb 11, 2017 6:09 PM

May 2016
Mush-13 said:

I really like that bottom one, it's badass

Thanks! :3 i like that one too.
Lotus97 said:

Nice. That's interesting shading in the 2nd and 3rd one.

i'm glad you like the shading :))
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.