Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2011 9:11 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I loved the interaction between Daikichi and Nitani, totally a match made in heaven. I'm rooting for you Daikichi.
Gotta love his attempt at styling Rin's hair; you're always going to be cute Rin and don't let anyone else to you otherwise.

Masako sounds lame though for the words she uttered.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2011 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
Meeting a guy with only mother.

Learning about Masako (finaly Sakamoto Maaya!) from a hidden letter.

lol @ her sudden dance to Star song.

lol~ perfume at that age!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 28, 2011 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
gununu....that telerhone...
cant wait for next
5/5
Jul 28, 2011 9:55 AM

Apr 2010
Everything Rin does is so cute.

lol @ being embarrassed to be carried by Daikichi
Jul 28, 2011 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
That hairstyle made me lol. So, he finally contacted the mother, it should get interesting from here.
Jul 28, 2011 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
I dislike Reina with a passion, even more now that she said that Rin was not cute.

Wth man.

5/5 great episode once again.
Jul 28, 2011 11:09 AM
Apr 2011
Rin is so moe.
I wonder what's going to happen with Rin's mother, is she really her mother?
Jul 28, 2011 11:09 AM
May 2011
Kouki's mom looks like she can be Daikichi's future husband =). Though idk since Kouki and Rin look cute together x_x.

-I dislike Reina as well, she's extremely jealous of Rin you can see that.

-The hairstyle and all were so cute =P

EDIT - I still find it kinda disturbing on my case to know that Rin's dad is the old grandpa guy who had a kid with his maid x_x that's kinda weird and gross...
RyuKirinJul 28, 2011 11:14 AM
ban1o.jpg
Jul 28, 2011 11:24 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was fantastic with the intro of Yukari as follows,

I love all her appearances in the spoiler
Daikichi’s first reaction looks to be love at first sight or total beauty astonishment. Daikichi was totally funny with this expression of his while being with Yukari. Obvious as things progress he started to panic a little too much here with his expression. Well I do understand he might not be comfortable with women. Furthermore when Yukari apologized to him, Daikichi sure had another stressed out expression. It’s obvious that with coincidence of meeting Yukari in the spoiler
they are trying to maybe show a possible hook up.
Considering that Rin is on good terms with the son of Yukari, I would not see a problem in this at all.

The other thing I found most MOE overboard is Gotou being all fuwa fuwa with Rin in the following,

That killed totally my MOE meter and the meeting between Rin and Gotou’s son Yuu in the spoiler
totally made it more MOE. Not to mention that Gotou here had a cute aspect too while being drunk. I sure hope that this orange juice is not spiked with vodka by mistake considering how drunk is that girl and this guy is a total female player from his looks. Rin getting all shy got MOE up big time.

About Nitani Kouki, at first he was pretty aggressive towards this girl but quickly built up guts by taking Rin’s hand suddenly here. I find it funny that while Rin draws out a bunny, Kouki does a robot. Kind of melds in nicely. What I really got convinced by that there is a Kouki x Rin is the presentation in the spoiler
the way the hand hold got shown was done right.

Another very strong episode that shows of the implications of having a kid but most of all possible new interactions with MILFs such as Kouki’s mother.
Yumekichi11Jul 31, 2011 11:52 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 28, 2011 12:24 PM

Feb 2008
this show is not without its serious moments
Jul 28, 2011 12:31 PM

Oct 2009
Just by looking at the beginning, I can foretell a future beginning as Kouki's mother is likely to be possible as Daikichi's wife. We'll wait and see.

Maaya Sakamoto kicks in as Yoshii.

Jul 28, 2011 12:35 PM

Mar 2008

Rin training to crush hearts.
ChavezAug 1, 2011 3:48 AM
Jul 28, 2011 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
Is it me or has Rin grown taller? o_o

Rin and that boy with the mom are SOO CUTE!!! *cough* Get married... XD

An please dont let Rin go out of the house with that hair! XDDD
Jul 28, 2011 12:53 PM

Aug 2010
I hope she won't get bullied...

Jul 28, 2011 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
I actually feel very bad for Masako. Maybe it's just a girl thing, but I couldn't help but cry thinking about her situation. I don't know why she did it, but just thinking about a mother that gives up her baby... I don't think there could ever be a woman that wouldn't get crushed doing that.

PaninaManina said:

Oh my god, she's so adorable in that shot. I can't stand but to BAW when I see her.

ByeByeMrMoon said:
I hope she won't get bullied...

D: Just thinking about that breaks my heart.
Jul 28, 2011 2:13 PM

May 2010
eww, internet explorer
Jul 28, 2011 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
Awww, so we have the happy family already. Maybe a bit too fast but then again they might flesh out the family life. Anyway great episode again.
Jul 28, 2011 3:07 PM

Jun 2010
I don't know why, but that didn't sound like a woman's voice, it sounded like a male's voice. I love the faces Rin makes when she's upset over something.

Jul 28, 2011 3:11 PM

Nov 2010
The faces she makes are so adorable. :) I generally don't like kids in animes/movies/whatever, they tend to be slightly annoying, but she does indeed seem quite mature for her age, makes the anime much more enjoyable. Take it Daikichi and what's-his-face's single mother will get together.
Jul 28, 2011 3:14 PM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
lol~ perfume at that age!

I'm pretty sure that was lipstick.

I love this series, it's so heartwarming and cute.
Seems like it's gonna get interesting now with Rin's mother.
"El Psy Congroo"
Jul 28, 2011 3:23 PM
Jun 2011
Averim said:
eww, internet explorer

My thoughts exactly.
Jul 28, 2011 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
Rin is so cute!! >///<
I liked Daikichi's attempt on fixing rin's hair. It reminded me when I was little. My dad didn't know how to fix my hair.....
Jul 28, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
Yes, it was lipstick. Why would perfume "turn her into a young lady"?

This anime rocks, I can't stop this "ooooh ;_;" sensation after each and every episode. lol
Jul 28, 2011 3:46 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode once again. For now, the anime does better than adapting the manga, it clearly transcends it. Plus the young seiyuu playing Rin is just awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 28, 2011 3:46 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome way to end the episode. Can't wait for the next episode.

I hope the series goes in the direction which shows Rin growing up.
Jul 28, 2011 4:07 PM

Aug 2010
Takashi981 said:
Rin is so cute!! >///<
I liked Daikichi's attempt on fixing rin's hair. It reminded me when I was little. My dad didn't know how to fix my hair.....

Lol! Me too! My dad tried to give my sister and I pigtails when we were little....it didn't end well. :P
Jul 28, 2011 4:20 PM

Nov 2008
RyuKirin said:
Kouki's mom looks like she can be Daikichi's future husband =). Though idk since Kouki and Rin look cute together x_x.

-The hairstyle and all were so cute =P

EDIT - I still find it kinda disturbing on my case to know that Rin's dad is the old grandpa guy who had a kid with his maid x_x that's kinda weird and gross...

You made me want to just start spilling spoilers so bad lol but ill refrain..

Anyway good episode

DaiTomodachi said:
Awesome way to end the episode. Can't wait for the next episode.

I hope the series goes in the direction which shows Rin growing up.

Jul 28, 2011 4:59 PM

Aug 2008
MajorCrazy said:
I dislike Reina with a passion, even more now that she said that Rin was not cute.

It wasn't Reina, it's Mi-chan, probably in the kindergarten.

RyuKirin said:

Actually she gets along with Rin quite well now (in episode 3) compared to the first one where she was annoying even the adults.
MickShakeJul 28, 2011 5:03 PM
Jul 28, 2011 5:04 PM

Jul 2009
RyuKirin said:
Kouki's mom looks like she can be Daikichi's future husband =)

... Anyhow, an another supah cute episode. I wonder what's the deal with mother gonna be.
Jul 28, 2011 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
CLIFFHANGERS FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 28, 2011 7:32 PM
Mar 2011
i heard this anime is not going to follow the manga and....

i love this anime, one of the best this season so far
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jul 28, 2011 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
Awww. Dat cliffhanger.
lol@lipstick.
Daikchi and that boy mother is good match. If not some other girl then go Daikichi. Try
Jul 28, 2011 7:47 PM

Mar 2008
Having finished the manga puts a completely different tone on the show every time Rin tries to act more grown up. I hope the anime gets a different treatment, even if it heads to the same conclusion.

And the looks you get just for not having what most people take for granted!
Jul 28, 2011 7:53 PM
Feb 2011
This anime's just filled with D'AWWW.
Kouki's mom is beautiful and sweet, I'm kinda hoping she'll become a regular character and moves closer to Daikichi. :) Some real romance (ie. not idealised shoujo or shounen crap) would be great, it would also add another dimension to their now peaceful family life.
I wonder what pushed Masako to leave Rin with Daikichi's grandfather. We'll know next week, I guess. Ideally I'd want Rin to stay with him forever, but coupling him with Masako would be a bit easy and too convenient to my taste for it to be realistic.

Loving it!
Jul 28, 2011 8:27 PM

Aug 2010
Fast-forward to next week plz!!!
Kouki's mom is kawaii! and I totally see Daikichi getting married! (though i want to know why she got divorced)
Jul 28, 2011 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
As always, a very heartwarming and loveable episode.
The interactions between Rin and Daikichi are so fun to watch.
The amazing facial expressions make me love this series even more!
Jul 28, 2011 9:46 PM

Jul 2010
lol Rin looks too cute in the messy pigtails. It's just what I expect from Daikichi.
Jul 28, 2011 10:11 PM

Jul 2011
Seems like Daikichi could be a potential father of two and a husband. WEWT WEWT

Looking forward to the talent show and Daikichi's meeting with Yoshii.

5/5

Hopefully the series doesn't try to be to melodramatic in the coming episodes, but only time will tell!
Jul 28, 2011 10:49 PM

Nov 2008
I wonder what the reason of Rin's mother was, it seems we will se next episode.
Jul 28, 2011 10:55 PM
Jun 2011
I really like how the kids in this show sound (props to the VA's) and behave like real children.

I'm kind of relieved to know that Masako cared about Rin at least in some way. Now i'm even more curious about the reason why she left Rin.
Next week can't come soon enough. ><"

IMO the best show in this season, so far..=)
muyosanJul 28, 2011 11:01 PM
Jul 28, 2011 11:15 PM

Jan 2011
This show brings back the memories of when my daughter was this age. Daikichi should enjoy this stage while it happens because it will get more difficult as time goes on.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 28, 2011 11:24 PM

Nov 2009
lmao, rin's so much cuter than those other kids.
Jul 29, 2011 12:05 AM
Jul 2011
Great epi. I like the aspect that Daikichi is learning along the way and in a way exercising it in some way or reacting to it; learning of trust/family -> picking Rin up and carrying her.
47m05ph3r3Jul 29, 2011 12:15 AM
Jul 29, 2011 12:18 AM

Mar 2011
I'm not usually into these kinds of shows but WHY IS THIS SO GOOD??
Can't stop watching...
Jul 29, 2011 1:21 AM

Aug 2010
Heartwarming and cute as always. Special mentions go to Daikichi trying to make Rin's hair, persuading her to buy a desk that will be useful later on and the interaction with Nitani. 5/5.

Also: can't get enough of the faces Rin makes. Absolutely adorable.
Jul 29, 2011 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
What a milf. Go for it, Daikichi.
Jul 29, 2011 3:02 AM

Jun 2008
RyuKirin said:

Your uptight ideas are gross too. If she did it because she wanted to there is nothing gross about it. Age is just a number.
Comments that try to preach and limit people on how to live their lives are so annoying.

Anyway Rin at the end with he lipstick. She's kind of in a hurry to grow-up. Many kids tent to do that because they find adults cool. Just wait until she starts asking for a bra because her chest grew or even worse when she starts having menstrual cycle and you will have to explain and buy her pads or tampon and staff. Then poor Daikishi will be awkward as hell on how to buy that for her. The problems you have when you are a single male raising a girl. You just suck at all the female staff.
Go! Daikichi, full power to get that kids mom you seem to like. Then Rin will have a mother and someone to handle all the female staff(and Daikichi will get some sex because in all honestly he doesn't seem like he had much action lately and he needs it). She seems nice and she's not bad looking ether, don't let her get away.

Lol at his hair attempt. Rin seemed happy enough though. I don't know if it will be a good idea to let her go out like that. He better practice a little more before letting her appear in frond of others kids with her twin-tales. There is a danger of getting mocked.

PaninaManina said:

She's gonna be dangerous when she grows up. Daikichi you better buy that baseball bat you will need to chaise all the horny teenagers that will be trying to deflower her. Is an investment for the future.

rodac said:
This show brings back the memories of when my daughter was this age. Daikichi should enjoy this stage while it happens because it will get more difficult as time goes on.

Haha! This is the age where you are still their hero and world moves around you (well that is if you are actually being a parent). Then they become teenagers and you suddenly are shit and they hate the sight of you.
MonadJul 29, 2011 6:04 AM
Jul 29, 2011 3:04 AM

Jul 2009
keikanna44 said:
Takashi981 said:
Rin is so cute!! >///<

Lol! Me too! My dad tried to give my sister and I pigtails when we were little....it didn't end well. :P

You're lucky, my mother wanted to save money and decided to give me a haircut. She accidentally cut my ear.

Also, might the reason why he's getting her things that can last until high school is that he A) wants her to use them B) can't afford buying such things several times or C) he doesn't want to have to go through with the shopping more than once?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 29, 2011 3:22 AM

Sep 2010
Nice episode.
Jul 29, 2011 3:42 AM

Aug 2010
Rin and Kouki were so cutee.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Aug 4, 2011

208 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
Jun 7, 7:04 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

41 by Phantomnocomics »»
May 12, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.